Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #346  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone,

Well, I made it through my first week of IP. To be honest, it was easier than I thought, although the last couple of days have been super hectic - family drama - teen agers - need I say more? I managed all week with very few hiccups, although I'm having a difficult time eating all that is required. I know that sounds weird coming from someone who's overweight, but that's been my issue since I began gaining all this "insulation". I've never been an overeater, an emotional/bored eater yes, but not a big eater. It's always been the quality of food vs. the quantity of food. Anyway, trying to learn and do better.

On the plus side, weighed in this morning and am down 6.2lbs!!!!!

Would love to hear from others on how they manage stress and what they do to curb the need/desire to reach for food at that time. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #347  
Started IP 2/16/10

Me again...was wondering how I change the wt tracker to reflect my loss. I was able to change the one on the side, but not the tracker.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 161/150.5/130

Height: 5 ft 4 in

HI All!! Well, one week done! Weighed into today and lost 6 lbs and 1 lb of fat! Pretty excited! Cravings are subsiding and trying to keep up with the water intake. Worked out for the first time last night--felt a little lack luster but didn't push it. That is the nice thing about this program: I don't feel quilt by not exercising! That's a nice break for me
Old 02-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #349  

Well done Texas Sweetie & Livelaughlove!!! Fantastic weigh ins. Congrats on making it through your first week!!

My first week dragged on and on and felt like it lasted forever but after that the weeks have been flying by and now I'm in my sixth week!

It gets easier and easier and you guys have started off amazingly!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Texas Sweetie....good for you on a great first week!!

I just figured out today how to change that....go above and click on quick links and then clock on edit signature....in the long formula you'll see where your weight says for example 200/180/140 just go and change the mid one to your new weight and then save at the bottom and it will appear....tah dah lol
Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #351  

Default Squash Question

I'm wondering if we are allowed to eat Yellow/Summer Squash? It is very similar to zucchini and but actually less dense. It also seems to be a different family of squash, not like acorn, spagetti or pumpkin. When it cooks, it breaks down quite a bit. When you chop and sautee rounds of this, the interior resembles cucumber. Is it possible this is a friendly squash we are allowed to have? (You know what I mean, like we are not allowed to have any root vegetables but we CAN have radishes and turnips). I don't know how it compares nutritionaly with zucchini but I hope we can have it, it's good! Let me know
Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #352  
Started IP 2/16/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi Texas Sweetie....good for you on a great first week!!

I just figured out today how to change that....go above and click on quick links and then clock on edit signature....in the long formula you'll see where your weight says for example 200/180/140 just go and change the mid one to your new weight and then save at the bottom and it will appear....tah dah lol

Thanks! Ta-dah, it worked!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

congrats to everyone for their losses this week..so far..I know there are going to be many more victories to come.

just had pan seared tilapia for supper with the turnip fries. yum! my turnip fries weren't really crisp, more limp, but I didn't care...they reminded me of a roasted potato. I keep thinking I did something wrong because they tasted so darn good!

off to do day 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred--celebrating after with my cookies and cream protein bar! yay!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5'2"

Hellooo everyone, I'm new posting, so I'm unsure if I'm hitting the right button to just post... if it's not right, (help please)... Anyways, I'm on the IP for the second time....it worked wonders, the first time...I think you all are fab for supporting others to a healthy life!! I look so forward to reading your post...they make me happy and I don't feel alone on this diet!!Thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #355  

Oh my goodness! I'm loving the Walden Farms chocolate syrup. Someone please tell me there aren't any hidden issues with using it (drinking it straight from the bottle? pouring it on the leek soup?

Zero Calories, Carbs, sugars, fat.... Really?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Did I read on here that we are only allowed 1 tablespoon of any Walden sauce/salad dressing etc. per day? Or can I use 1 tbsp of the BBQ sauce with my chicken and another tbsp on my salad for both lunch and dinner?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #357  

So, I guess I did post it right..yeah...well, I started this diet last Thursday...weighed in 128 and goal weight is 117. Quick question??Do you really think not having any restricted IP foods for the first 1-3 weeks is more effective?..What have you all experienced?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #358  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Did I read on here that we are only allowed 1 tablespoon of any Walden sauce/salad dressing etc. per day? Or can I use 1 tbsp of the BBQ sauce with my chicken and another tbsp on my salad for both lunch and dinner?
Hi...last time I heard you can have Walden Farm dressings/bbq sauce to your hearts desire....has anyone heard anything else?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #359  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
Hi everyone,

Well, I made it through my first week of IP. To be honest, it was easier than I thought, although the last couple of days have been super hectic - family drama - teen agers - need I say more? I managed all week with very few hiccups, although I'm having a difficult time eating all that is required. I know that sounds weird coming from someone who's overweight, but that's been my issue since I began gaining all this "insulation". I've never been an overeater, an emotional/bored eater yes, but not a big eater. It's always been the quality of food vs. the quantity of food. Anyway, trying to learn and do better.

On the plus side, weighed in this morning and am down 6.2lbs!!!!!

Would love to hear from others on how they manage stress and what they do to curb the need/desire to reach for food at that time. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Great Job! 6.2 lbs is great for your 1st week. Keep up the good work. Stress is tough. I am so glad I don't have teenagers at home anymore. Exercise may help with your stress.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #360  

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove View Post
HI All!! Well, one week done! Weighed into today and lost 6 lbs and 1 lb of fat! Pretty excited! Cravings are subsiding and trying to keep up with the water intake. Worked out for the first time last night--felt a little lack luster but didn't push it. That is the nice thing about this program: I don't feel quilt by not exercising! That's a nice break for me
Great 1st week for you too! WOOHOO! Keep it up! It is the hardest week to get through.
Closed Thread