Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #406  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Today is the day - My husband is coming home!! I haven't heard from him yet so I'm crossing my fingers that he's on a plane heading here and not stuck out at work for another 3 weeks.

Wish me luck!! As of today I'm down 27.6 lbs which is pretty close to the 30 pound mark I was hoping to hit before he came home!!
I understand your excitement - my husband also, at times, works away from home for long stretches. He will defenitly notice a change in you - enjoy!!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #407  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post

Non-detail people feel free to skip the indented stuff. Summary will follow.

Summary for non-detail folk:

12 servings of WF Chocolate Syrup is 12 oz, which is the entire bottle. One could eat the entire bottle and still only get a maximum of 60 calories, 6 g of fat, and 6 g of carb -- which I don't think is too bad. Wouldn't recommend it on your leek soup though, ksp001.
You're speaking my language now, birman. I did read the indented parts and my eyes didn't gloss over, not even once. I so appreciate detail folks (why I married one, thank god!) who can still manage to understand the rest of the world and who have a sense of humor! My DH and I have the perfect balance. (As long as we keep separate checking accounts!)

And please, anything on that leek soup is an improvement!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #408  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Ladies I weighed in today and am only 1lb away from having lost 40lbs, I am so excited. I stared on Oct 1st. I have lost slowly on a number of weeks and partly becuase I have cheated here and there so I am pretty excited to have lost almost 40lbs. I also bought some new jeans this weekend and am now in a size 9!!!

Oh, jeez, how did I miss this! This is awesome. Or did I already comment?

(My head congestion makes me not think very clearly.) Either way:

Congratulations!:h at:

And you know I love to talk about jeans! Size 9!!!! Woohooooo! My dream size is 10 (coming soon.)
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #409  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I just weighed and was 158.8. That's the first time I've seen the 150's in years. I may be up a pound tomorrow, but I don't care! I'm celebrating today!
You go, Bev!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #410  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I just weighed and was 158.8. That's the first time I've seen the 150's in years. I may be up a pound tomorrow, but I don't care! I'm celebrating today!

Yes, yes, yes! Cartwheels and the Happy Dance for you! There is something about breaking those barriers that is so rewarding and motivating.

Congratulations!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #411  

Height: 5'10"

I want to thank all of you for the information you've shared, you helped me make the final decision to start IP. Yesterday was day 1 and it went well until the headache hit at 9 pm last night. I'm still experiencing the headache but used some sea salt at lunch which will hopefully help it go away. That and all the water I'm drinking!

You are all extremely inspiring. I'm looking forward to getting to know you in the days and weeks to come!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #412  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Oh, I love these kind of surprises! But be just a little prepared that he might not notice! Some men are like that. They see you but they don't really look at you. Oh, but he might "feel it" when he puts his arms around you. Ha-ha.

Enjoy him and I guess you'll be missing in action on the boards for awhile. Ahem.
LOL Lilita. I have prepared myself for him not to notice...he's a man, and sometimes they aren't that observant hee hee.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh dear lol I'm not sure how far I'd have to go back to see who put the post in about the marinated soy cheese (I think Birman, sorry if I'm wrong) but I wanted to let you know that it's marinating now and I hope to have it with my salad at dinner tonight. One thing, I guess you don't have the measurements to use of the ingredients you provided...I really wasn't sure how much to use of everything.

Jordanna.....I'm so happy for you and enjoy your husbands homecoming and celebrate your success on this diet too!! I want to add to what Lilita175 said, I could come home with a complete different hair style, colour and all and my husband wouldn't say anything, doesn't mean he doesn't notice but I think maybe he's just afraid to say the wrong thing lol.

Cinnamon Sparkles....I have to laugh, I also have the dreaded Leek Soup hidden in the back of my IP drawer. I broke down and tried the Maple Oatmeal today and it was tolerable but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to try the Leek Soup.

brenda1980....the WF Honey Mustard really isn't good for a salad dressing and I did the same thing....threw out my lettuce salad lol HOWEVER, someone here posted last week about using it to make devilled eggs. I tried it last night for dinner and my eggs were great!!

Everyone here is a pleasure to share with!!

Trish
Old 02-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #414  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Today is the day - My husband is coming home!! I haven't heard from him yet so I'm crossing my fingers that he's on a plane heading here and not stuck out at work for another 3 weeks.

Wish me luck!! As of today I'm down 27.6 lbs which is pretty close to the 30 pound mark I was hoping to hit before he came home!!
Hi Jordanna, 27.6 lbs is close enough to 30 you could round up when you tell him. You will definitely meet your birthday goal of 35. Great Job!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #415  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Speaking of men being either oblivious or too afraid to say anything-- last night I commented on someone wanting to lose 10 lbs. and he says "does 10 lbs. really even make a difference" (i've lost around 13) and so I said "well yeah I've lost a little over 10 and I can tell a major difference, can you not tell" and he says "well of course I can tell but I wasn't sure if you wanted me to say anything, you women are sooo sensitive about your weight and I didn't want you to think you weren't pretty before the weight loss" this is one of those times you want to say awww but also want roll your eyes. It was a funny moment for me. :P
Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

hey rachel13 I guess an attempt at a compliment is better than no compliment at all LOL. I knew I was on the right track with this diet when my husband came up from behind me and grabbed my butt and said "you are getting a baby butt" lol. I'm not to sure what to make of that comment but I know he was trying to make me feel good lol. I know he worries that he'll say something and I'll get on the defensive (which I admit I do lol). I think that may be where the saying "damned if I do and damned if I don't" must have come from lol
Old 02-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #417  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

I complete my first week and weigh in tomorrow morning. It seems like this day is dragging and I want it to hurry up and be over with so I can go to sleep and get up and weigh myself. I can't stand it!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
I want to thank all of you for the information you've shared, you helped me make the final decision to start IP. Yesterday was day 1 and it went well until the headache hit at 9 pm last night. I'm still experiencing the headache but used some sea salt at lunch which will hopefully help it go away. That and all the water I'm drinking!

You are all extremely inspiring. I'm looking forward to getting to know you in the days and weeks to come!
Welcome Hockey Mom. I am only in week two, so also very new to IP. I'm also from the midwest, so we have some things in common. I have found a ton of great information and support here. Excited to have you!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #419  
Started IP 2-18-10

I have seen comments where some folks indicate that if you continue on the IP program and do not include any restricted foods that you have a better weekly weight loss. Does anyone agree or disagree?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #420  
Started IP 2-18-10

Good luck Jordana I am sure he will notice.
Closed Thread