Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #31  

I have a question for anyone who might know the answer. I lost 6lbs first week then only 2my second wk. I was expecting more than that. any ideas? i've been good i haven't cheated at all so i was disappointed at my weigh-in. any thoughts or ideas would be helpful. THANKS!

second question...what is everyone using for salad dressing? i was using the make your own Good Seasons stuff (that was suggested at the office). was wandering what everyone elso was using....

Keep up the good work everyone. glad to see there are more people joining in!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #32  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel78 View Post
I have a question for anyone who might know the answer. I lost 6lbs first week then only 2my second wk. I was expecting more than that. any ideas? i've been good i haven't cheated at all so i was disappointed at my weigh-in. any thoughts or ideas would be helpful. THANKS!
I'm doing this diet with 2 other ladies in my office. While I've been losing at a steady 3 to 3.5 lbs. a week, one of the other ladies will lose like 7 lbs. one week and then 1 lb. the next and then 5 lbs. the week after that. I think that everybody loses weight differently.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #33  

I would love to start a support thread here. I think it's great that so many people are doing this.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #34  

Height: 5'3

Nickle78 I lost 7 pounds my first week and 3 the second week. I was disappointed as well. My third week I lost 6. Hang in there. The weight will come off.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

I am starting to get excited for 9/8, since I will have support here. Does anyone use the "forums" on Ideal Protein's site? I am wondering if they are supportive, too. I have been advised by most of my friends NOT to do this diet, because everyone wonders how I learn to eat "afterwards."

I would be happy if we are allowed to use the dry Good Seasonings dressing...I am just not big on bottled dressings (blame my mom for that!). I looked all over for Walden Farms at my local grocery store. I did see a lot of choices on the Ideal Protein site....

OK - big question here. How do you eat out with friends...especially the salad dressing? What do you order?

Any suggestions on what I can use to replace my beloved orange juice in the morning?

I have decided this is MY year to improve my health...many of my health problems did start after I got heavy. Wondering if it was due to the weight gain, or just life?

denise
Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys.. I went and weighed on Friday and had lost 5.6 lbs over the last two weeks so I'm up to 98.8! I could officially move into phase 2 of the plan. I'm not sure what your counselors are like but I can't seem to get a clear picture of what exactly phase two is.
I would NOT do this if I were pregnant... I'm a nurse too and I just don't see it being safe for the baby.
Also, I saw some things about salad dressings. Walden Farms takes some getting used to. My fave is thousand island because I can dress it up if I want. I will use it alot as a 'dip'.... add some mrs. dash to it until it's not thick but not liquidy either (is that even a word?). I eat a lot of cucumbers.
I don't do the internet/email on weekends but if anybody has any questions, I'm more than willing to help. I think a support thread would be great. I find myself getting bored sometimes and wish I could eat something different. I have thought about cheating but that would set me back 3 days and I'm not willing to do that.
Hope you all have a great labor day and I'm excited to find some other people on the same journey with me!!
I hope everyone has a great labor day!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
I am starting to get excited for 9/8, since I will have support here. Does anyone use the "forums" on Ideal Protein's site? I am wondering if they are supportive, too. I have been advised by most of my friends NOT to do this diet, because everyone wonders how I learn to eat "afterwards."

I would be happy if we are allowed to use the dry Good Seasonings dressing...I am just not big on bottled dressings (blame my mom for that!). I looked all over for Walden Farms at my local grocery store. I did see a lot of choices on the Ideal Protein site....

OK - big question here. How do you eat out with friends...especially the salad dressing? What do you order?

Any suggestions on what I can use to replace my beloved orange juice in the morning?

I have decided this is MY year to improve my health...many of my health problems did start after I got heavy. Wondering if it was due to the weight gain, or just life?

denise
Denise,
I eat out alot since I travel for my job. Just keep it simple. Steak is always a good choice.. no butter, no glazes. Steamed vegetables, again with no butter, no glazes.
I order a lot of Walden Farms stuff online but I go to netrition.net because it's cheaper. WF has some travel packets that are super handy for going out to eat and travel. My fave is thousand island. Now, while it doesn't taste just like the regular, it isn't bad for what it is.
The italian is good too... kind of sweet and tart at the same time but again, for what it is, it isn't bad at all.
Boiled seafood, raw oysters, grilled chicken (no butter, no glazes), steak.... you just have to get creative.
Hang in there!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #38  

thanks everyone for your encouragement. i am trying to stay off the scale till weigh in time. so i'm not sure how week three is going. but my clothes are getting bigger so that's a good sign. thanks to everyone whom answered my questions too.

Valkyrei i was wandering how long you have been on the program. You've done wonderfull. Congratulations! i was just trying to figure out a timeline for phase one
Old 09-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #39  

Default Salad Dressings

I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for 3 weeks. I have been losing about 3.5 pounds per week - which is fine with me since I don't want to lose the weight too fast (the excess skin worries me). After the third day, I felt great. The sugar fog was gone. I may not ever eat sugar again. For salad dressing, I use olive oil and lemon juice or olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Remembering to take the vitamins and sea salt are hard for me - but I know that they are necessary. The vanilla pudding packets are my favorite. Add some lemon extract to the water before shaking. The flavor is great. For breakfast, I make a shake using the vanilla pudding packet, one Crystal Light Lemonade and 10 fl. oz. of cold water. It's very refreshing. I am not a big fan of artificial sweeteners, so I only do this one every now and then. The Pomegranate drink and the Raspberry Jelly both have collagen protein, so I have one packet per day.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl View Post
For breakfast, I make a shake using the vanilla pudding packet, one Crystal Light Lemonade and 10 fl. oz. of cold water. It's very refreshing.
I'm gonna try this right now! That sounds good.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel78 View Post
thanks everyone for your encouragement. i am trying to stay off the scale till weigh in time. so i'm not sure how week three is going. but my clothes are getting bigger so that's a good sign. thanks to everyone whom answered my questions too.

Valkyrei i was wandering how long you have been on the program. You've done wonderfull. Congratulations! i was just trying to figure out a timeline for phase one
Nikel, I've been on the program since Feb 23. As of last Friday, I had lost 98.8 lbs. I usually go every other week to weigh in. I think my doctor said I had averaged 4 lbs a week.
Bamagirl, that does sound good... I will definitley give that a try sometime!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #42  

well three weeks today and 12.5lbs! guess that's a good average. i guess i was just hoping for more. i'm never pleased, hehe. my husband would say that anyway. he also says i want everything yesterday, guess i have no patience. bam girl that breakfast does sound good.

I have a lot of ppl at my work want to know what my secret is. i could keep my dr. busy for a year! i just can't believe how good i feel considering what little amount of calories i am actually eathing. i also noticed my exercise routine is getting easier a lot faster than it usually does. I just wish i would have known about this plan sooner!

keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #43  

well I have been on IP for a month now.. my last weigh in was Sunday and I had lost 27.3 pounds. It seems to me it's getting harder not to want to cheat.... any suggestions? Email me... [email protected]
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #44  

I am starting tomorrow. I decided to blog my journey along the way. http://skinnygirlinafatchick.blogspot.com/

I am really excited for the changes and what is to come! Feel free to email me, I started a local support group and will be email buddies with anyone that would like to be. I think the more positive people we have to help us through this the better.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #45  

I'm new to the Ideal Protien diet, day 3. Two people in my office had good results with this diet and I thought I'd give it a try. So far so good, but like some others I need ideas for some of the vegetables that I don't usually eat. I do eat spinich, turnip greens, aspagarus, okra, broccoli and cauliflower.
Any one have suggestions about any of the other select vegetables? Do you usually eat 2 cups of the same vegetable or mix it up? I don't want that much vegetable at one meal. Is that measured before or after cooking?
Thanks, Lynn
Closed Thread