Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 01:14 PM   #151  

Smile I wanna join too

Hey guys, I'm game! Count me in. I have just started walking about 3 days ago to aid in my weight loss efforts! I have also come to realize I like walking. It's not so vigorous that you can't think of nothing else. No fancy foot work needed. I can use the time to reflect on my day, or get things organized in my head. Mostly tho' I just sigh and try to release the daily stress. Plus, I enjoy passing all the homes in my area. Great way to pick up landscaping ideas etc..........

FBG
Old 09-13-2001, 07:14 PM   #152  

Hi all....yes the airports are open in Canada...I for one don't plan on getting in an airplane anytime soon.....weigh in tomorrow....who cares.......way to keep on walking everybody, I'm still going short distances.....talk to you soon......Liz in Canada
Old 09-17-2001, 10:31 AM   #153  

Default Hey

Good Morning.. I don't know if I am at the same site that I usually go to but any how Here I am.. I walked four miles yesterday just to get rid of built up tension. Ofcourse I have been eating far more than I should as a result of the anxiety of the past week. My scale says I am ok but you can never believe these home scales as they are always different than WW.
FBG you have the right idea. I do a lot of my planning and try to get creative ideas for my projects while I walk. I also make an effort to clear negative thoughts. After the first mile or so I feel that my hubby (at times) will make it another day before I smack him one. I started walking several years ago to lose wt. and reduce my colesterol. My col. is now 186 and I am down 60 lbs. I want to lose about 10 more. Welcome and I know you will do well.
LynnMarie.. Is your life getting back to normal? I hope so. I told myself that life goes on. Time alone will tell how this thing in our world will work out. You are doing great with your weight loss. Keep up the good work. Remember..there is a star in heaven with your name on it, as there is for all nurses.
Liz Keep up the walking. It helps to clear our mind and is good for our health. You are doing well I hope...
Bye all my friends. Be Happy....Joanne
Hello Michaela
Old 09-17-2001, 10:56 AM   #154  

Hi Joanne: I still haven't got into the serious walking routine yet, but moving more than I used to.....down 1 lb on friday for a total of 40.2 lbs.......8 months since I started......so works out to 5 lbs a month....slow but sure.......think I have definatly made some lifestyle changes.....sometimes it takes the scales a day or so to catch up to what we have been up to Thanks for keeping in touch....

FBG welcome and maybe you will inspire me to get my but in gear in a more regular fashion..........

Babyboo, wonder if that video is in the library......hmmmmmmmm

LynneMarie and Lynock...thanks for all the support, I hope all is well
Old 09-17-2001, 05:45 PM   #155  

It has been raining there for 4 days so I haven't good much walking in.I have started lifting hand held weights to tighten up my arms.I think starting tomorrow I need to really get serious again.I haven't been eating much but I think that I am eating the wrong stuff.
How is everyone doing?
Have a great day.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:39 AM   #156  

Default Hi

Michaela- Lifting hand weights is a good idea. I have been doing the same thing for the last month. I might have started too late. Gravity set in long ago. Maybe it will help some. Have a good day and reevaluate your foods. I try to do that from time to time. Last night I made a big boo boo. I piged out on chocolate chip cookies and milk. I haven't touched that in a long time. Maybe I am over my craving.

Bye...Joanne
Old 09-19-2001, 08:55 AM   #157  

JoanneD, you sound so bummed. I hope your feeling better, after that chocolate in the cookies...you should be!! Don't feel bummed cause you ate a few(maybe more) cookies. The Supreme being gave us that recipe too!!! And aren't they delish!!! Only feel guilty if they were bad cookies...if your gonna cheat...eat something that tastes heavenly!!!
Michaela, good to hear from you. What kind of weights? And this is for both you and Joanne...gravity is realative...anything with enough work can be reversed...or at least slowed down!!
Last night was dinner with my hubbies family..I did pretty good. one serving...but one of everything!!! Heck it's a holiday..and it's only once a year...Next week...that could be a bad thing though...it's all cheese dishes!! I'll have to stick to the smoked fishes, and bagels!!! I've changed my walking this week, and I'll have to keep it up for the next two...I've increased the length by a mile, and I've added hills. The front of my calves is what hurts...from going down some of the hills...you have to keep the brakes on(so to speak) so that I don't fall over!!!
FBG...keep up the good work!! a pound a week is great, and when taking it off slowly...it stays off!!
Just a note...Boston is getting back to normal...security has become a must!! Last night at Fenway...they examined everyones bags...had bomb dogs and you couldn't bring in coolers! Only thing. in the past week, fools keep calling with bomb threats..in the past week, there have been 11 bomb threats in the greater Boston area..and they have temporarily/permanently closed the top of the Hancock building to tourists!! Bummer...it's the best view of Boston!!!
Keep on Walking!!
LynnMarie
Old 09-19-2001, 10:20 AM   #158  

Default Hey There

LynnMarie- I have a bad habit of beating up myself when I do something that I know is not good for me. I must be on a tear as I ate Pizza last night. 1/2 half of a pizza. We were working in the yard all day yesterday and I didn't plan well. My hubby said lets eat the pizza in the freezer. Some excuse. ?Right! I had fish defrosted!
I take one pound ankle wts amd wear on my wrist for half day and as I go about my work I do exercise. Plus I feel that everytime I move my arms I get the extra exercise. Hopefully it will do something.I have a treadmil but I injoy walking outside. It is much more of a challenge. My legs hurt the first mile and then when I warm up it is ok.
It seems that whenever there is a happening like this past week the creeps come out of the closet. We have our fair share here in Florida. I can imagine that it is much worse up there . I think everything has been blown way out of bounds. The media has a way of milking everything to death.It gets very tiresome and causes too much hysteria.There is a problem. I think it is time to quit talking about it and fix it.
I am back within bounds I hope. At least I started the day with a good attitude,I hope.Keep walking..It is good for our hearts.weight and mental attitude.
FBG- How are you? Hello Michaela.................Joanne
Old 09-19-2001, 02:26 PM   #159  
sliming down for me

Post sorry girls

we are moving so i am not able to get online that much and post here so hopfully with in anohter week i can come back and post more often here ... yall are so great
well gotta run

keep up the good work ladies
Old 09-19-2001, 03:05 PM   #160  

Haven't got out walking, no excuses......but am cleaning like crazy....probably will work out to 4-5 hours on my feet...has to count for something Talk to you soon...Liz in Canada
Old 09-19-2001, 08:48 PM   #161  

Default Hey

Hey Liz Nice to hear from you.. I am sure that whatever you do will add up for you. WW says for every 20 minutes of exercise you earn a point. I have been working real hard helping my hubby clear some overgrown trees and you can bet I will count them . I won't use the points though. I have been walking in addition.
With everything that has been going on lately in this world ,I need something to get rid of my anxiety. When I get nervouse I usually get real busy. I have been lax with my eating and I need to get back on track.
Bye for now....Joanne
Old 09-19-2001, 10:24 PM   #162  

Hi Joanne....i never use my exercise to earn points, maybe I should and I would lose faster.....anyhow just got back from a power walk with my 3 year old in the stroller and my 9 year old on the scooter...between 15-20 minutes...feels good, plus I cleaned all day.....I'm with you when I'm stressed I use activity as a release...hubby wishes I would redirect some of my energy his way...... maybe I will Talk to you soon.......Liz in Canada
Old 09-20-2001, 10:04 AM   #163  

Default Hey There

Liz321- All men are alike ...What would we do with out them . I have been with mine over 50 years and he is the same as he ever was. It keeps our minds active so we can stay a few jumps ahead of them
Good for you walking with your children...They may grumbal but some day they will remind you of those walks and they will turn into fond memories. My daughter and son often tell me of things we did when they were small.And they now tell me of things they did that they didn't realize I already knew about.Surprise!
Keep up the walking. ...Have a Great day Joanne
Old 09-24-2001, 03:24 PM   #164  

Default Hey

Hey There- I walked 4 miles yesterday after I say the show in N Y stadium. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. The survivor families deserved every minute of it.
My eating had been on and above the border line. Got to get better control. I bought a bunch of veggies today. I love them anyhow.
Hello to Lynock and liz, Michaela. How are you doing, Keep up the walking. ...Joanne
Old 09-24-2001, 07:22 PM   #165  

Doing ok Jo.....love your uplifting posts!Liz in Canada
Closed Thread