Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 10:09 AM   #61  

Default Good Morning

Hello -- Michaella- WHAT A GREAT WEIGHT LOSS!! Keep it up you will get there. It has been raining here . But I am managing to keep up my walking. Let me tell you that at times that is the last thing I want to do. But I know if I don't I will feel guilty and beat myself up about it. I am ok once my feet start moving. I walked in the middle of the day yesterday(sat). The causeway to the beach is full of jerks on the weekend. I should know better. Evenings are best, but, I wanted to beat the rain.
Have a great 4th...Joanne
Old 07-01-2001, 10:50 AM   #62  

Do you walk alone or with someone?I would rather walk with someone even if it is only pushing my nephew in the stroller.
Have a great day.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:16 PM   #63  

Michaela---that's the way to do it. Congrats!!! Because of my gallbladder I've been losing 3-4 pounds a week...not a good thing!! (things should start getting back to normal after tomorrow...I'm acutally looking forward to it tomorrow!!) Didn't walk today (Sunday) as I can only have water today. Yesterday, did my normal walk in the am...tried to walk later on in the evening..but we had some SEVERE thunderstorms here in Boston!!! Big time lightening!! Kinda scarry and exciting at the same time.
Joanne---every e-mail Dad sends me...he talks about the drought...do ya think he's e-mailed me about all the rain...NOT!!!
Loved the beach near Dad's house. Have to drive about 15 minutes...but so nice and clean..not like Revere or Nahant beach!!
Too long a walk from his house. I've tried the treadmill...can't do more than 5 minutes...before I'm totally bored. Much rather walk. Just yesterday purchased my husband his own walkman...now when we walk together...we can listen to different taps/stations together. I listen to the country station, he listens to talk radio!!!
Whatever makes him happy!!
Walk safely...chat with you all in a few days!!!!
Good luck
Lynn Marie
Old 07-01-2001, 04:20 PM   #64  

Michaela...just realized your from South Dakato...Used to live in Minot North Dakato, and GreatFalls Mt. Can ya tell Dad is retired from the Air Force? Loved North Dakato...even though it was darn right cold!!! Really loved Montana. Going to the Sun Road!!
Real Mountains....we have the White Mountains in New Hampshire...but they are just hills compared to out there!!!
Lynn Marie
Old 07-02-2001, 09:59 AM   #65  

Default Good Morning

Hello and Good Morning-- Michaela I walk alone unless my daughter is here. I found that most people around here have their own time schedule. I don't like to stroll along and talk when I walk. I lose my breath when I try to walk and talk. My lung capacity is not the best. One third of my right lung is gone . I had a serious clot a number of years ago . All I want to do is clear my mind and do my thing.
Lynock- We have had a serious drought here. Most people have lost most of their yards. We can only water our grass one time a week. This is what they call the rainy season. It only started to rain in the last week. When you live close to the gulf you don't get as much as in the central part of the state. I only live about a mile from the gulf. I live 3.5 miles from Howard Park Beach. That's where I walk to. On most any night you will see many people walking out there. You are lucky if your hubby walks with you. My hubby won't and I have to say I don't care. He walks a snails pace. That drives me crazy.
Have a great 4th....Joanne
Old 07-02-2001, 12:15 PM   #66  

I walked 4 miles this morning.So far all I have had is orange juice this morning.It is cloudy and cool here today so it was nice walking weather.
How is everyone else doing today?
Old 07-02-2001, 08:13 PM   #67  

Default Hi

Hi Michaela- I just finished 3.5+ miles and can do better. I am going back to WW Thrusday to try and get my food cravings under control. I got to get off another 15 lbs and am not doing so well by myself. I thought I could do it alone. I really don't want to be dependent on WW. I feel untill I can I have not won the battle. I got down to 139 before and have creeped up to 154 . I still don't have the will power to say no. I have to regain that. I don't want to go back up to over 200 again. I really thought I was going to die when I was so heavy. My daughter and hubby are giving me the incouragement to go back to WW.
With the help of the friends I have made here and WW I will get this done. Bye for now...Joanne
Old 07-03-2001, 09:05 PM   #68  

I am having a bad day today.My whole body feels exhausted.My eating has been bad too.
I did walk a mile and a half this morning.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:51 AM   #69  

Default Hey

Hey Michaela-- Do what I am going to do. Get a good book and sit in the sun. Or spend some time on a craft or go to a good movie. or go on a picnic. I hope you feel much better soon. We all have these days . Don't let it get the best of you.
I have not walked yet . Mornings are not my best time. And this evening might not be good either. There will be a bunch of people on the road with too much to drink under their belt. I probably will get on the treadmill .
My husband and I seldom get out on the road on holidays. I have some leftover chicken so we will have that and whatever else I find that I don't have to cook.
Feel good soon...Joanne
Old 07-04-2001, 01:28 PM   #70  

Smile i actually walked today

Being that today is the 4th of July, my neighborhood has a huge block party. Unfortunately the weather is kinda wet today. This won't stop us tho. I went to walk and it was raining but then later it did stop for the most part, just sprinkling, and I did get my 30 min walk in. That was at one and now I am going to hop in the shower and get ready for the party. I may try to go for a slower walk later just to get away from the party and food, but maybe not. I will see how the day goes. I hope everyone has a good day!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

Melissa
Old 07-05-2001, 01:17 AM   #71  

I feel alot better today.I even got in a 2 mile bike ride.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:39 PM   #72  

Default Hello

`Hi Everyone- Walked my 3.5 miles but it sure is not easy in this heat. My treadmill is about to go on the bum so I am walking outside more. Besides that I get so bored on the treadmill.
Hope you all had a good day...Joanne
Old 07-07-2001, 08:49 AM   #73  

I'm back. Walked the whole length of my house x2 this morning. Ending up not getting the lap for my gall bladder. Had to do the regular abd surgery. Didn't eat from Saturday until yesterday (Friday), and I've gained 3 pounds. Doc says it's all fluid, I can see were it's at too....my abdomen!!! Boy am I swollen. My neice who is 23 came by last night after I got home. She recently got her belly button pierced and complained for days after, how much it hurt. Showed her my 45 little silver piercings....and my new handy dandy tube vacum attachment. I don't think she'll be complaining any more!!! Stairs are not a problem, so I walked up and down them twice allready today, Monday, I'll walk outside maybe to the end of the street, can't walk to far for at least a week, but I miss my walking. Wore out a path around the nursing station at Brigham and Womens!!!
Joanne-if being dependent on WW is bothering you...think about all the things you could be dependent on and aren't. And besides your not dependent on them....you "need" the support and encouragement. And the watchful eye and accountability. Think of it as something you do for YOU, and now one else!!! We are overweight because we have food issues, (or exercise issues), we could go to a psychiatrist. (but look at the cost) So think of it as saving money!!! LOL It's a good thing!!! I've tried losing weight on my own, and I was unsuccessful after several weeks, but WW keeps me on track!!!
Lynn Marie
Old 07-07-2001, 10:00 AM   #74  

Default Good Morning

Good Morning- I swallowed my pride (if I can call it that) and went back to WW on thrusday. I have had two clean days. I will take it one day at a time. I do need the structure. and I have to realize that I need the extra shove now and then.
I sure hope your healing time is short and that you are feeling 100 percent soon. Don't push it. I remember when I had knee replacement surgery. That was a test in patience for me. It took a year before I said "Thank God".
I walked my 3.5 miles yesterday and am trying to increase that. I use Chers tape(Believe) the last 30 min of my walk . That will speed you up in a hurry. It is my sons tape and has a scratch on it so I will get another. Enigma and Celtic music are good. Of course most any country music. I like a verity . But I want energy. I do this at the end of the day as I feel 'now I can shower and read or watch TV(which I do little of). And it is not as hot after 6.30.
Enough of me... Hello Michaela- Hope you are feeling 100 percent or close to it...
Bye...Joanne
Old 07-07-2001, 09:04 PM   #75  

Thumbs down feel better

lynmarie - I hope that you feel better soon. It is great that you are able to do as much as you are. Good luck with a speedy recovery.

I just got back from my walk and I hope to get one in early tomorrow before the rain appears. With my luck I will wake up to it raining. I have a long day at work monday and a meeting afterwards so I don't think I will be able to fit a walk in then, but maybe I will be able to work something into it.

Take care, and keep walking!
Melissa
Closed Thread