Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 04:56 PM   #91  

Default Indoor walking..

I haven't post in a while, but I've been walking to Leslie Sansone in the mornings, sometimes twice a day. I've been doing her everyday, and am proud of myself for this... When I did kick boxing, I looked forward to the weekend, so I would have an excuse not to do it... But, with Leslie's walking tapes, I don't mind doing them everyday... I pray to God, I continue this until my goal weight, and after... It is easy for me to do her instead of going out side.. I just feel much more energized staying in, even though I've dropped a lot of my old way of wanting to shield myself from the world...
Old 07-20-2001, 01:32 PM   #92  

Default Hello

Hello Swan Lake - If your walking tapes work for you that is great. personally I enjoy walking outside . I walk to a beach that is 3.5 miles from my house. Then my hubby comes and picks me up. I have walked there and back but not too often as it is a long walk. I usually listen to a different tape every day. sometimes country ,rock, celtic music. All different types as long as it has energy for a 3mph walk. I do this not only for my weight but my peace of mind. That time is mine.
Hello Michaela..Hope you are having a good day....Joanne
Old 07-22-2001, 07:51 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default Michaela

We (summer lites - formerly christmas lites, valentinies, and st petites) are doing a cross thread labor day challange with some other groups. The weigh in for starting is due by Monday morning if you would like to join us. We thought the competative nature of the challange might inspire us.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:50 AM   #94  

Hello everyone. Haven't posted in over a week, as stupid me, went to open a window my husband had closed during a thundershower, and pulled muscles in my abdomen, where the surgeon had pulled some. Ouch!! My fault, I'm not suppose to lift anything over 5 pounds...who knew that meant windows too!!
Haven't walked since Saturday..boo hoo The weather in Boston has it already 85 degrees at 6am!! Tomorrow (or tonight) the weather will break. It's not the degrees, but the dew point, that gets ya...yesterday it was 80!! Couldn't even breath out there!!
Tonight we are due for thunderstorms, and a nice cold front from Canada....thank you Canada!!!
Looks like everyone is doing great. Last week at WW I lost 3.6 pounds....but since I was up the week before of .8...it comes out to my average. I haven't walked this week much...hope I don't go over. Splurged a little this weekend, celebrated with chinese food for my little sisters party, and on top of not walking....Well, I don't feel too guilty...will just stick to it this week. It hurts to walk with the pulled muscles...but not enough now to hinder walking. I have to go to the mall tonight, to pick up a present for my niece...I'll walk the mall. Should have thought of that early in the week...it's cool in there. Looks like I made up for not posting for a week. I've missed sitting at the puter, but it was an uncomfortable place to be!!
Good luck all. Weigh in is tonight!!
Lynn Marie
Old 07-25-2001, 09:16 PM   #95  

Surprised me!! Lost 2.5 this week...bringing the grand total to 36 pounds lost!! I'm gonna have to make sure I walk this week, so I keep it off. Didn't make it to the mall, but the weather is suppose to break tonight...so I should be able to walk in the am. I miss my walk!! And I really miss my tunes!!
Hope everything is well with all!!
Lynn Marie
Old 08-02-2001, 09:34 AM   #96  

I am down to 211 now.I was hoping to be at 200 by now but anything helps.I will be doing alot of walking today.I am going to the state fair.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-02-2001, 11:07 AM   #97  

Default Hello

Hello Lynock- Michaela- I weighed in this a.m. and was down 3 lbs. I walk my usual route each day 3.5 miles and sometimes further. I had a pretty good week. I was careful with my foods and with a lot of resistance didn't cheat. God must have had a hand in there. Hope you both are having a good day...Joanne
Old 08-03-2001, 08:49 AM   #98  

Joanne good job on the 3 pounds. I (only) did .25 pounds this week. I weigh in on Wed nights. But since I went out to eat/parties 4 nights in a row...it was expected!! But!!! I finally went clothes shopping (haven't done so since I started in March) and have gone from a size 24 to an 18. (in pants only) For some reason, I don't think I've lost a single pound of the 40+ I've lost now in my chest!!!
Michaela..love those State Fairs!! cows, chickens..love to look at the fancy chickens!! Esp love curly fries (only time I eat them) and corn dogs (the foot long ones!!) Tops Field Fair is always the last week of September until Columbus Day...Love to see the largest pumpkin contest!! That 11 pounds will come off in it's own time..but isn't it a trial!!
Boston is going through another heat wave....but I walked this am...as it was only 76 at 6am. Can't miss my walks this week. Have two parties this weekend!!
Lynn Marie
Old 08-03-2001, 11:51 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Michaela! That is 1 lb less than you were two weeks ago. Even if you stayed losing at that rate you would still be down 24 lbs in a year. Now compare that to me gaining 3 lbs in the last two weeks. If I keep this up I will weight 72 more lbs at the end of one year. I will take your end of the stick any day. Now I should say it is my TOM and I am really bloated and hoping those are not actual lbs but like virtual ones or something.

Anyway... good job!

And Joanne ~ 3 lbs in a week ~ that is 3x4x12 = 144 lbs in a year. Awesome ~ you are going to be at goal in no time if you keep that up!
Old 08-03-2001, 01:01 PM   #100  

Default Hi

Hi Lynock, Michaela, Morrigan... I hope I can keep the wt loss going. I ate at Denny's this a.m. and when I got home and counted the points for breakfast 8.5 I said no lunch. I seldom eat out but I had to go and get my blood checked so it was getting late. I like fairs too Lynock but my husband doesn't. Sooo I don't get to go. My single son would not go with his mom. It might ruin his image. Ha!He is 42 and still on the lookout for the perfect one. I got news for him.
Morrigan- Good job with the math. I am already lifetime but not where I want to be. 10 more lbs.
Michaela , I didn't walk yesterday. It rained all day here in central Fl. Sun is shining now so I will try for this afternoon. Otherwise I will have to be content with the treadmil. A slow weight loss is the best so just as long as you are going down be happy
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 08-07-2001, 08:50 AM   #101  

Boy you all make me dizy. Boston is still in the 90's with a heat index of 5-7 degrees more...and the dew point is in the 70's(high range). Makes it oppressive to walk, never mind exercise walk. You have to be real carefull!! Suppose to last through this weekend!! Again!!! Second week in a row. But the thunderstorms are real cool!!!
I weathered it through the two parties...I provided lots of fresh fruit all cut up, melon, fresh pineapple, watermelon, and I'm still eating it. Have to make up for the two hotdogs I ate. Kayem hotdogs each have 160 calories, 14g of fat!!! can you believe it. Next time I bring along my FF beef hotdogs with only 1g of fat. But hotdogs are my favorite...but 14g of fat!!!
Good walking to all. Can't wait until my weight in on Wednesday...(yeah right)
LynnMarie
Old 08-07-2001, 09:41 AM   #102  

Default Hi

Hey Lynock- Hot dogs! Lord I used to love to eat them too. I never even looked at the fat content. I haven't touched one in years. Now and then I will get some fat free for my hubby. I don't eat them. I heard at one time that they were made of a lot of added stuff. I guess that turned me off.
I walked yesterday and it was really hot. Not even a breeze out at the beach. A lot of humidity. It is cloudy now but it is supposed to get close to 90.
I weigh in Thrusday. I hope I don't have to pay again. My scale says I am on goal ,but you know WW scale is always higher.
Keep drinking your water and walking. ...Joanne
Old 08-08-2001, 10:19 AM   #103  

I have not been doing very good lately.But I do plan to start new today.I have been drinking more water than pop though.I haven't been walking much lately because it is 100 degrees eveeryday and my legs have been hurting.
How is eveeryone doing today?
Old 08-08-2001, 11:42 AM   #104  

Default Hey

Good for you Michaela- Try not to drink the soft drinks-They are full of salt and that might be why your legs are hurting. Water retention. Just take one day at a time. When you have a clean day mark it off on your calender. They will add up. I use my calender a lot.
I have been helping my husband clean out a shed today. He is a worse pack rat than I thought. I may not get to walk today as I have to finish helping him and pack to go away for the weekend.
Have a good weekend everybody.
Joanne
Old 08-08-2001, 09:40 PM   #105  

I am drenched!!! Hubby and I didn't start walking until 8:30pm tonight...finished at 9:15pm. But, it's still 90 out!! Had to walk though...haven't walked since Sunday....and tonight was weigh in...I did 4.8 pounds this week...how I did it????? Up to or should I say down 41.2 pounds now!! Last week I did walk twice a day for 45 minutes...so I don't want to lose the momentum.
Michaela....I walked at Barnes and Nobles the other dayl..it is so cold in there!! Will probally do that tomorrow too, as it's suppose to be over 100 in Boston tomorrow....hopefully the heat wave is suppose to end on Saturday..Drink that water...I get leg aches, when I don't get enough calcuim...have started taking a calcuim supplement...has helped.
Lynn Marie
Closed Thread