Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 05:09 PM   #121  

Thanks for the welcome Joanne, I hope I get off to the right foot this fall.......I'll be in touch....Liz
Old 09-02-2001, 08:25 PM   #122  

Default Hey There

Liz-- We all will stay optimistic that we will stay on our program and reach our goals. I am pulling for you.
Hello Michaela... How are you.. ?...Bye Joanne
Old 09-02-2001, 08:47 PM   #123  

Thanks Joanne; I am gonna make it happen! Thanks for your support......Liz in Canada
Old 09-03-2001, 10:59 AM   #124  

Hey Joanne
I finally got into a size 16.I am hoping for 14 by the end of the month.I have noticed that for a every 10 lbs. I lose I go down a pants size.That is my goal for this month 10 lbs.
How is everyone doing?
Old 09-03-2001, 01:51 PM   #125  

Default Hey There

Hey Michaela, It is great hearing from you. You are doing great!!!Keep up the good work. You will get there soon. Are you still walking?I am still struggling with these last 10 lbs I want to take off. My body and stress factors are working against me. I just put a half gallon of choc.chip ice cream in the garbage. That will help. I just keep snitching a spoonful. I walk everyday still. I feel guilty when I miss. Today will be hard. There will be a lot of people that have been drinking on the road I walk on..I go in the evening so maybe most of them will be gone home.
Hello Liz...Bye,Joanne
Old 09-04-2001, 12:55 AM   #126  

Hi: I still haven't walked but I'm still thinking about it No seriously....tomorrow is the first day of school and a new beginning! I know what you mean about the pants. I bought a size 12 relaxed fit pair of jeans last Monday and they are already baggy in the butt 1 week later! I do have an active job as an RN so I do get some exercise......ok, I will have walked before I talk to you again Liz in Canada

212-175-145(?)
Old 09-04-2001, 09:12 AM   #127  

Default Hi

Hi Liz-- I am a retired nurse of 37 years... I used to walk miles a day in my job too.. It just was not the right kind of walking...But ,you know that.Keep up the good work.. I will say as some people used to tell me. There is a star in heaven with your name on it....Bye, Joanne
Old 09-04-2001, 12:46 PM   #128  

Gosh...I've missed being on line with you all. Went up to NH for two weeks, weigh in is tomorrow..so I'll see how I did!! Vacacations are great...but!!!! I did walk almost everyday!! But stupid me...went for a walk in the woods...I know what poison ivy is...but poison oak must look different!!! they started me on predisone for the next 3 weeks...I hope I don't get moon faced or gain any weight from that. Isn't it funny that we are all nurses!!! Guess it goes to show...we know what's good for us......but, better late than never!!!!
Just went through the posts for the last two weeks. Good going JoanneD on throwing out the icecream. I try not to buy those things that I'm partial on. Icecream is not one..and good thing, cause hubby LOVES icecream. And at 195 pounds at 6'4"..he can eat all he wants. "as jealous as I can get"
Michaela---good job on the size 16!!!
Welcome to Liz and Dianna!!!
Walking was a bit weird this morning....I started at 7am...and kept bumping into kids!!! They are so annoying I'll have to start walking at 6:30am to avoid the kids. New goal is to walk twice a day..once in the am..and the other after I drop the car off to hubby. He works 2.5 miles away. This being Boston...I want to walk as much as I can before the snow....kinda hard to walk in below zero weather!!! or on unclean sidewalks!!!
My lunch is cooking now....veggie fajiats....only three points!! All the veggies and salsa are free...the three fajiats are the three points..if I add the sour cream or cheese..another point!!! But since I don't know what I way...I'll stick to the three points untill tomorrow.
Good luck all
LynnMarie
Old 09-04-2001, 02:34 PM   #129  

Default Hey There

Nice having you back Lynock.. My hubby bought the icecream when we had company. plus a chocolate cake. I was the only one to touch the icecream. I will probably have to pay 9 dollers this week. I'll collect it from him!!I will have to start walking in the early part of the day later on as it will start to get dark here after 6pm soon. The only thing is it cuts into my day. I don't like to walk in the early am too much. I don't do so well then. My body is not ready for it. Predisone has a tendency to make you retain fluid. You can guess the rest of that bad news.
Hello to all..Joanne
Old 09-05-2001, 08:25 AM   #130  

Glad to be back!!! Pheww..just came in from my early am walk!! Started at 6:45am this morning. Darn, it was 61 degrees out there!!! Just a weee bit chilly! Good for the walk though...I cut 10 minutes off the time, as I as walking real fast..to keep warm..never did break out in a "sweat"!! This summer, I would come home swopping wet...! Almost doesn't feel like I walked.
I dread weigh in tonight. Do ya think I can get a doctor's note if I gain this week?
Question to everyone, when do you walk? and for how long? or do you measure it by miles? Do you eat or drink before walking? (I avoid drinking until after my walk...well working kidneys, dontcha know) How do you get motivated to walk, when ya just don't feel like it?
LynnMarie
Old 09-05-2001, 10:07 AM   #131  

Default Hey There

Hi Lynock... It is not easy sometimes to get the motivation to get off my duff and walk. I try to keep the thought in mind that is something I have to do. I also know how guilty I will feel if I don't do it. I walk for an hour or so which gives me 3.5 miles at the pace I walk. I walk pretty fast.Now that it is summer and the days are longer I walk in the evening after supper. As the days get shorter I will have to change my time to afternoon. I drink water all day so I am thankful there are bathrooms in the park I walk through to the beach.In the past several years that I have been walking My weight has gone down 57 lbs and my colesterol has gone down over 130 points. I am trying to get my weight down at least 10 more lbs. I weigh 150 but want to go down more as I still am weak when It comes to food , Junk food, Is still powerful. It is not safe for me to have it in the house.
Enough of me...Let's hear from some of the others out there.
Hello Michaella.. What's your menu for your weight loss?
Bye for now... Joanne
Old 09-05-2001, 10:48 PM   #132  

Hello all....well it certainly looks as though you are all doing well....I have started to walk ! Only 1/2 hour the past two days but it is a start......I would like to walk everyday for an hour, or at least 5 days per week....I'm not sure if that is realistic but that is what I am considering.......I drink as I walk so far, don't know how it will work as I walk longer.....I push my 3 year old in the stroller but hoping to get out just me, or me and my dog....I'll be in touch.........I think I will go walk now......talk to you after weigh in on friday.......I was sure hungry today, could that little bit of walking have affecting my appetite? Liz in Canada
Old 09-06-2001, 08:22 AM   #133  

Hi Liz, my Dad used to be stationed in Montana. If I'm not mistaken, we visited Edmonton ?sp after visiting Glacier National Park?
As far as walking, when I first started walking in March...I could only walk for about 10 minutes without being SOB. Now 5 months later...I walk an hour, and still feel fine!!! What a difference...hills don't kill me, and since I live on the 2nd and 3rd floor of my house...stairs are a breeze now!!!
Well, after being on vaca for two weeks, lost .5 pounds!! I didn't gain!! I'm going to Nigaria Falls and Cambridge Ontario at Halloween, so now I'm not dreading vaca's so much...just have to walk!!!
JoanneD, that's quit a pace you walk...I do 2.5 miles in about 40-50 minutes...and I'm tall 5'9". Last couple days because it's so cool in the morning, I've picked up the pace, but have only shaved 5-10 minutes off!! I'll just have to "catch" up with you
You'all have a good walk today!!
LynnMarie
Old 09-06-2001, 11:14 AM   #134  

Default Hey There

Hey There Liz and Lynock.. O.K. Lets get going! The weather should be cooling down and I am hoping to do better with my walking. I don't seem to be able to walk as fast this year as I did last year. My husband thinks that is because I am 68 years old. I told him that is just a number. I think taking your little one with you is a great idea. It will instill in them the importance of taking care of yourself at a early age and get them in the habit of exercise.
I lost a lb. It is not what I want to do but after all the company I had and being sick and on antibiotics I will be satisfied.
Se you all later.. Joanne
Old 09-06-2001, 11:36 PM   #135  

Been walking!......proud to say, not a long distance but at least yesterday and today.....2 days in a row, I think I'm on a roll.....thanks for all the support everybody.......weigh in tomorrow, wonder if it will make a difference....see ya tomorrow! Liz in Canada
Closed Thread