Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #301  

Default Hey

I hate it when I write a reply and then make a boo boo and lose it. There must be a way to get it back but I don't know it.
I didn't walk today or yesterday as it has been raining and cold.
Lynock ..You are braver than I am. I don't think I could walk in 22 degree weather. I can do the 3 miles on the treadmill. I will tomorrow if the weather is still bad. I just don't like the treadmill. I like to get out of the house and away from everything.
Snowball.. Don't stress about how or if you lose. 1-2 lbs. a week is good. As long as you are on program it will work. Your body has it's own time clock.It actually is not good for you to lose faster. I find that when I worry about it too much ,I don't do as well. Keep up with your exercise as it is just as important as your eating plan. I couldn't think of it as a diet, but a new way of eating. I know it has to be a lifestyle. I am not saying I will never eat Fried Chicken or pizza or any of the foods I like again. I will. Just not too often or as much.
Hey Patch..Taz... Was Santa good to you? Taz ,You will be colder than I will tonight. It will be cold enough her on the west coast of Fl.
Bye you all.. Joanne
Old 01-04-2002, 01:09 PM   #302  

Hey all took today off from exercising and will be doing a few miles tomorrow.

Enjoy everyone. I don't think I would even get out of bed if it was 22 degress brrrrrrrr. I'm a Cal gal (Los Angeles/Santa Monica) and when it hits fifty we start shivering.

Have a great weekend all.... Patch
Old 01-04-2002, 03:46 PM   #303  

Patch, funny you should say that, Christmas it was 47 degrees, and around here...no one had their coats on. Sweaters only, we are such brave souls!!! I have a friend Andi, that lives in Seward Alaska, she's the same way...when it hits about 50 or so, everyone is in shorts!! I quess it's what your use to!! LOL
Joanne, I can't believe you do 3 miles on the tredmill...Good for You Woman!!! I've been trying to build up the staminia for the tredmill, but it's hard!!! But I'll keep a going!!! Cause I've been watching the weather reports, and all though we've missed all the storms, Buffalo, boy 7feet of the stuff, and you all down south, with a foot, and we who usually get at least 100 inches of the stuff, nadda so far.....so we are going to get blasted I'm sure!!!
Today was the coldest day we've had so far...it was 15 when I went out this morning. But I had on my long johns, sweats, my turtleneck, jacket, and my pullover, my gloves, and then my mittens, my ear jacket, and my hood from my jacket, so I was toasty. If I ever tried to rob the bank....the only thing you can see is my eyes LOL, and hazel is such a common color!!! I feel sorry for the people down south where they got all that snow....they can't dress for it....they don't know how!!!! Around here, you learn fast!!!
Good walking to All
Old 01-05-2002, 10:01 AM   #304  

Default Hey There

Lynock- How in the world do you move with all those clothes on??I have not walked in three days. I seem to drop in a hole now and then.. This cold weather has kicked up my arthritis and I am having some serious shoulder/arm pain. I can't take much because of my stomach. So it is the heat and advil which I should avoid. I'll try again today...
Hello Patch.. I didn't know it got cold in Cal. It was 36 here in Tarpon Springs last night. It is supposed to rain again tomorrow and get cold again after a short warmup today. It might get up to 60.
You All have a good weekend... Joanne:wave:
Old 01-05-2002, 04:30 PM   #305  

Hey there Walkers!

Yup, Joanne, the State has pretty varied climate. Two hours away up in the mountains, they actually have ski areas, and it can get into the 20's. Probably though, the coldest LA has gotten that I've seen is in the 30's and that's rare. Average temp is about 50 in our "winter" only lasting a couple of months. Most times it's in the 70's and 80's. Nuf said... no more complaining from me!

And, Lynock, with 15 degree days, whoa! I'm in awe you go out to exercise at all. Major congrats on that.

Went all out and put in 8 miles of racewalking today. Just a beautiful day. We started early at 6:30 just before sunrise and it was a spectacular unfolding.

Ciao, Patch
Old 01-07-2002, 07:28 PM   #306  

Default Hey

Hello All I walked my 3 miles to the beach and it was really cold. 51 degrees is cold blowing off the Gulf of Mexico.. Bye Joanne
Old 01-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #307  

Hey there Walkers.

Went to track last night... did about 3 miles, working on technique.

51 degrees, Joanne? Brrrrrr.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:23 AM   #308  

Default Hey

It is still cold here in Florida. I didn't walk yesterday and may not today. There seems to always be something in the way lately.. Oh well , There is always tomorrow. Hope you all are well...Joanne
Old 01-09-2002, 09:32 AM   #309  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Just surfing the board, waiting for OH to get ready to go out nad saw your walking board.

JOANNE, have to agree about the cold, took me until 1pm to finally go for my walk/jog yesterday! Going to get one in later today when it warms up a bit. I give those who live up North a lot of credit for going out in cold weather to get in exercise, I can't even seem to leave the house in the weather we have.

This weekend we had a SUGAR BUSTERS get together up in Orlando to watch one of our board members run the WDW MARATHON. Talk about giving credit, cold, windy and then rain, and people, of all shapes, sizes and ages, not to mention dress, ran this marathon-it was amazing and inspiring. Hoping that I will have the gumption to do so as well next year, but just the half-marathon-little steps first.

Continued success to everyone on this board!

Debbie
194/119/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-09-2002, 12:06 PM   #310  

Hey gang. Thought I could sleep in this morn. But a dear friend thought otherwise. So, 2 miles later...

Patch
Old 01-11-2002, 01:06 PM   #311  

Joanne - I read your Thursday post and don't know if you got my follow up - before all yesterday's postings were accidently deleted.

The gist of it was DO NOT LET THE NAYSAYERS GET YA DOWN... If I had listened to people like that I would not have accomplished much in my life, I wouldn't have walked the Marathon, joined WW, met my husband, reshaped my body, created and sold my artwork.... I bet you have the same kind of things in your life as well.

I mentioned an 82 year old neighbor who walks 2 miles every day. He helps out around the apt. building, and is alert, vigorous, active, and has just great energy. He knows it's the exercise and decent eating that keep him in good shape.

best Patch
Old 01-11-2002, 01:40 PM   #312  

Default Hey There

Thanks Patch- I walked 3 miles yesterday and will try again today.. I too belong to WW and am lifetime. Staying power is sometimes hard. It was easier to lose.. Have a good weekend.
Joanne
Old 01-11-2002, 11:09 PM   #313  

Good Eveing Ladies.....Took the day off just to enjoy the sun and the 40's............what a crazy winter for this area. Still no snow and with living in the country on a highway I don't walk outdoors. I'm not that steady on my feet due to the Menieres dieases so the treadmill and I that great big hunk of metal magic usually have a date, and today it was 40 minutes thought I'd die but here I am still walking.a little slower than usual but still movin and thrilled I made it as far as I did.

Tomorrow and Sunday I work so just may hit the air glider and try that for a change.....a smaller hunk of metal.....as long its weightlossing I'm happy. Been working hard to keep op all week. Journaled it all and some of it wasn't good..but I bite, I write!.
Should have cooler weather tomorrow, we'll see as I don't believe a word they say lately........Well it's off to bed, have a long weekend ahead of me......
hoping everyones doing well
see ya all later
Bye
Snowball
Old 01-12-2002, 09:48 AM   #314  

Default Hey

Very good Snowball.. I walked my 3 miles yesterday and it was a little chilly. I guess I should have been wearing long sleeves. Never the less I am taking it one day at a time. I don't journal as I should but after many years at WW I pretty much stay on top. At least I try not to go over my high goal. I start writing when I do. I have a treadmil but like to walk outside. My hubby uses the treadmil . He won't walk outside. If he has a block to go he drives.
Have a good weekend...Joanne
Old 01-15-2002, 01:43 PM   #315  

Default Hi all

Went to the track last night did 3.5 miles. Am VERY sore today. Really gave my butt a workout last night... by concentrating on technique.

Great going Joanne and Snowball. Keep it up!

Hey Lynock and Debbie - where are ya?

Patch
Closed Thread