Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 238/223/130

Height: 5'4"

Philly girl...

Its something about the weather. I went for a mile bike ride today, but by the time I got back, the migraine was back in force, so no 30DS for me tonight. *sigh*
I just want it to be gone so I can go on the hike I have planned tomorrow. Otherwise, we'll have to cancel it.

*grumble*

But YAY for everyone who stayed on track today!
eyre13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #32  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs down

Ugh....I blew my diet by 500 calories and I didn't work out. I had every intention when I got home from work and before I knew it I had wasted time and now it's too late. That's just GREAT!

Tomorrow for sure.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #33  
Warrior Princess

This sucks I was so disciplined in March and April has been off to a shaky start again.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone,

Philly- thank you for the info, I'm guessing it will only be the best of her workouts.

Eyre13- I hope that migraine go's away. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't, get back on track when you can.

Novangel- just exercise a bit more when you get the chance, you can do it

L1D6 30 d shred+ perfect legs glutes and abs done!

Keep moving!
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to 3FC but have been reading through this thread and it seems like a great place to start posting!

Let me introduce myself - my name is Amanda, I'm 22 years old and live with my boyfriend in Washington state. I work as a Pre-K teacher and love every second of it! What brings me here is the need to lose about 50 lbs ... I currently weigh in at 200 lbs and want to get back to 150, what I was in high school. For whatever reason, I almost completely stopped thinking about diet & exercise in college and am now realizing the consequences of that.

I want to get in better shape and be a healthier person in general. I think a huge obstacle in doing this has been a lack of support (my bf is not a big exerciser and we don't have enough schedule coordination to work out together, and my whole family lives on the East Coast so no help there.) I also haven't really made any friends since moving to WA so I've been feeling a bit lonely! My hope is to come here for support as I try to change my diet/exercise lifestyle.

My bf's family is coming into town this weekend from Oregon so I am waiting until Monday, 4/16 to begin my full force body transformation. As for diet, it's worked in the past for me to eat 6 smaller meals throughout the day & really work hard at curbing my sweet tooth. Anyone else have success with the 6 meal a day approach? Any advice on that topic would be much appreciated.

I am still conflicted as to what exercise approach I should take. My tentative plan is to do Jillian Michaels 30DS 3x a week, step aerobics 2x a week, and a balance ball workout 1x a week, with 1 off day. I am not sure if this is the best plan, so any advice here is also most welcome.

Well, thank you all for creating such a wonderful support group; I'm looking forward to succeeding together with all of you!
ak812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #36  
Warrior Princess

Welcome Amanda!

Sounds like you're on the right track with exercise! I'm no expert in the food department so I log everything I eat on Myfitnesspal.com. I learned with this app that some foods are way higher calories than I ever imagined, and I don't want what I am eating to be counter productive to all the effort I am putting into exercise. You can easily out eat your exercise program so it's just a suggestion. It's a great tool and very easy to use.

Glad you're joining us, the more the merrier!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #37  

I did not workout as planned last night. I did give it a lot of thought before I blew it off. Last night was to be workout 2 and she advocates for two days of rest between workouts. We don't work the back of the body again until friday so I figured I would do it tonight and saturday and still be on schedule for next week.

I ended up taking some melatonin to ensure I would rest well last night and it worked. I'm glad I did I feel much better today. Tonight I will be back to my scheduled work out.

Eyre13, I hope your headache is better. I saw on the news that it will be a bad season for allergy sufferers. I think I escaped symptoms for a while, but it starting hitting me a couple of weeks ago.

novangel, don't be so hard on yourself. It's only one day and that 500 calories probably just put you at the high end of your weight loss calories. Just be mindful for the rest of the week.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 04-11-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: add
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #38  

Welcome Amanda!
If you've been reading you know that we are a very interactive group. You don't have to wait until Monday. Start thinking about the choices you are making today and decide if these choices are helping you in your goal. As far as 6 meals? I probably do 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks. I'm starting to take the approach of eating when I'm hungry. Your workout program sounds like a doable plan. I'm doing Jillian's Body Revolution and because she kills with squats, lunges and jumping moves I tend to want to give my knees a break and do something with lower impact. But, you won't know what works for you till you start doing it.

I echo Gabi's sentiment....Glad you're joining us, the more the merrier!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #39  

Thanks for the welcome, Gabi & PhillyGirl2012! I already feel better/more inspired knowing that I have others on the same path & a place I can come to for support. I think this board will be helpful in keeping me more accountable as far as diet/exercise goes.

Phillygirl2012 - Thanks for the advice about not waiting til Monday. Deep down, I knew that was an excuse I was using to allow myself these last few days of poor eating/exercise habits. True to form, I had a piece of carrot cake this morning for breakfast, telling myself, "I'm not starting until Monday so why give up this opportunity for cake?" Horrible, I know. Starting NOW, I will be mindful of my eating choices & do whatever exercise I can, whenever I have a chance.

novangel - I signed up for myfitnesspal yesterday! It seems like a great tool and I love that you can track exercise and water intake as well as calories. I couldn't believe how quickly the calories added up yesterday! Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #40  

ak812, realize that it goes beyond diet and exercise. We will talk about things that are bothering us that effect our goals. For instance, I talked about not being able to sleep yesterday and adjusted my thinking/program accordingly. If you need to vent, you can vent here. If you are proud of what you've done to accomplish your goal, you can post it here. Sometimes you do need a break from exercise, but that doesn't mean you need to stop posting. If you were around for our other thread, you would know that every member has gone through something on their journey. We are all human.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #41  

PhillyGirl2012, thanks for the advice. I wish I'd been around for the other thread, but glad I can join now. What you said about this whole thing going beyond diet & exercise makes a lot of sense to me. I guess I've always known logically that eating & weight gain can tie into emotions/general life, but I haven't put too much thought about how it's connected in my own life. I don't really take the time to think about WHY I don't want to exercise on a given day, or WHY I feel like eating a giant piece of carrot cake in the morning instead of what I know I should be eating. I know that getting to and maintaining a healthy weight is more than dieting and exercising; I probably need to change my whole outlook on food and lifestyle.

As I sit here and think about my attitude toward food now, the word that flashes across my mind in big bold letters is COMFORT. Often, I eat as a way to comfort myself; if I had a stressful day at work I won't think twice about having a huge, unhealthy meal (i.e. chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, sugary juice, etc.) b/c I tell myself I deserve it after the day I had. I also have a pretty unhealthy connection b/w TV and food in my mind. A lot of the times I feel like I HAVE to be eating something if I'm watching a show, or that somehow eating while watching will make the experience more enjoyable somehow. Sounds kind of crazy now that I've actually written it down.

Anyway, apologies for the ranting post, just beginning to get my thoughts about all of this stuff out in the open! Thanks again, and by the way, glad to read that you are feeling better & more rested today. Good luck w/ the workout tonight!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Amanda! Glad your joining us

Amanda- i eat 2 meals a day (breakfast and lunch) and than have snacks throughout the rest of the day, like a piece of fruit or a vegetable. As for exercise i have been doing 30 day shred and read great reviews about it, I do it everyday and add strength training 3-4x a week.

So today I ate around 1900 calories which is my maintenance intake! But maybe that's a good thing since I've been eating around a 1000 cal for quite some time now. Oh well I'll bring it down tomorrow

Get moving everyone!
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #43  

Angelsmom - How has your experience doing 30DS been? I'm a little worried I won't be able to handle it. Also, random question, but is there a ton of jumping-based moves, like jumping jacks, etc.? I live in a 3rd floor apt and am always worried my morning workouts are being obnoxious to the couple who live below me.

Also, you've been doing a 1,000 cal/day diet? Sounds intense to me! Don't worry too much about doing the 1,900 today, tomorrow's a new day. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #44  

ak812, I'm so glad you are giving more 'thought' to your process. It's not a walk in the park for any of us and I don't have the answer of "why" we give into foods that don't do us any good. I am not perfect with this either, but again we are human. I live for the day where exercise comes second nature to me. I do flinch when I see a kid eating an ice cream cone early in the morning. I do get treats, but early in the morning!

angelsmom, umm....1,000 calories!? I've read that the floor is 1200 for dieting. I live on a 3rd floor apartment too. I have done my exercise early in the morning or in the evening, but not too late. Like 9pm would be late to me and rude. For the most part I am quiet and keep my tv at a good level. I do try to land as lightly as I can. I maintain they can deal with it for a short amount of time.

I'm about to do workout 2 from body revolution. I wanted to tack on cardio, but its after 7pm. If I want to sleep tonight I need to allow time to wind down before bed.

Ok, off to exercise, dinner then bed
Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #45  
Just watch me ...

Hi everyone! Really nice Pilates class this afternoon. But I screwed up with the food. I was feeling tired, and also blue (argument with someone) so I picked up some decadent chocolate thing from my greengrocer (!) along with some roast beef, and a gorgeous pear and organic apple (!). Anyway I ate way too much of the chocolate stuff and I feel and I'll probably have a headache from it tomorrow.

So my thinking now is when I look at that 'stuff' it's going to start to remind me of being sad and depressed; like a double whammy - and who wants to bring that stuff home. So maybe falling off the wagon was a good thing for me today...like next time I see some chocolate 'thing' it will remind me of feeling crappy and headachy and unhappy and I'll steer clear.

On the other hand, eating a dish of chopped salad always makes me feel light and clear. I guess every slip brings me one step closer to goal...

Have a nice night...

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-11-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote