Old 05-02-2024, 12:44 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Weight 159.2 lbs this morning. Too close to 160. I have infusion tomorrow and will send DH to store or we will go after my infusion. I like that store so hope I will feel like going when we leave oncology. I will have to refuse to bring some of the foods in the house I shouldn't eat. I think I need to have a goal of getting under 150. I don't think I can ever eat without a goal to lose weight. I don't think I'll ever lose so much weight that I couldn't have a goal weight.

Have a good day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:50 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish,some have told me I should have a goal weight. I never have a goal weight but just want to weigh less than I do today. I really don't know what a good weight would be for me right now. Its been many years since I've been at a good weight. I felt great at 125-135 but don't feel I could ever get that low without being sick. Thats what I feel is my ideal weight. I always think I will know when I've reached the best weight for me,but also think I will always be trying to get lower. Maybe trying is the wrong word because mostly I'm not really trying very hard. Wishing is more like it. I get on the scale every day, hoping to see a lower number.

So I think I need a goal. I was 137 on my wedding day so i'll make that my goal weight, but in my heart I don't think I will ever weigh 137 again. Is it wrong to have an unrealistic goal? I COULD weigh that safely, but it would require serious changes starting now. Am I willing to make those changes? So far,no.

In addition,I think having a big drop in weight would go far to improve my medical conditions.

I looked online at an ideal weight calculator that takes your age, height and weight and calculates your ideal weight. Mine said from 101-137. It said that would be my range for A healthy BMI. So at137 I would be right at the top. I sometimes see older women who are very tiny and might weight 101, but not many.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-02-2024 at 06:26 PM.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 11:42 AM   #138  

We are going to the store after my infusion and I am going to get back to dieting using IE/IF. Weight is up to 160 lbs this morning and I'm not going there. I think I need to take 2 Lasix more often again. Not everyday but more days. I watched a very good YouTube about avocados and also how to take care of them and the benefits it brings us. Turns out once you cut one it will last 4 days and that works for me. I usually get 1 ripe and one not and eat 1/4 a day with an egg. I think I will start doing that again as a low carb breakfast.

Have no idea what we are eating today. I'm not in the mood for McD or LJS, but have no preference so could end up with either one of those.

BBL
Old 05-03-2024, 12:55 PM   #139  

Weight was up 1 lb to 178. I took 1/2 Lasix yesterday. I am afraid to take the whole 40mg because of the leg cramps.I am tired of playing the up/down game with Lasix. I realize it is for my medical condition but I'm not sure I still need it. I want to lose fat, not fluid.

I know how you feel going up to 160. I don't want to be 180, either. I don't really feel that I'm overeating but too long an eating window and eating when not hungry. I don't want fluid to figure in. However, when I got up my ring was tight so I took 1/2. Now my ring is ok. This is what I go by. I don't want to go back to the hospital. So I will try taking 1/2 per day and if my ring is ok I will consider my fluid to be ok. I bought different tortilla chips and DH loves them. I tried one today and they are too salty. I want some to eat with my hummus but not salty! So I will buy his and hers and he will complain about mine. I could eat hummus with celery, too. Anything crunchy. I love hummus and its healthy.
Old 05-03-2024, 11:45 PM   #140  

Infusion went very well. As usual I was sleepy after we ate and slept a good 2 hours after a late dinner. I did a long eating window today with a protein shake for breakfast and we got Arby's Fr. dip sandwich and later this evening I had ranch dressing as a dip and ate raw broccoli, cauliflower and an apple along with another protein shake. So I think I did a good job. We will see what the scale tells us in the morning.

Carol Sue My Lasix are 20 mg and I am allowed to take 2 of them on days that I need them. I hope I can straighten out my eating and not need them. I got bought some of the fruit that is supposed to help fight cancer organic apples, oranges, edamame and more soy milk. I also got some Country Style Ribs instead of a slab of ribs so I don't have to cut and clean them. I will BBQ some of them tomorrow. I also got some more muffins so I can have homemade McD McMuffins. I eat less calories when I eat one of those than I do if I eat eggs. I also got 2 avocados and will eat 1/4 of one each morning on my McMuffin. I want to try to keep my calories and carbs fairly low. I walked around the store today and actually was able to walk a little longer than I did last time without getting to tired to fast. So overall, today has been a very good day.

I found out today that the bone infusion that I am supposed to get is Zometa. I read some of the side affects that could happen and it sure isn't easy to decide to take this stuff when you read that stuff. We have to take it and pray for God's protection.

Hope your day has been good. Have a good night sleep. I hope too. Goodnight.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:46 AM   #141  

I was hungry all night and I wanted an egg salad sandwich. If DH wasn't feeling poorly with this cold he would have made it forme,but I got over it and went to sleep finally. Fitbit says it was good sleep but it didn't feel that way to me. DH is very restless when hes sick .He finally fell asleep but coughed all night. Very congested.

So the scale went down to 177. That would not have happened if I ate that sandwich.

I'm glad your infusion went well and you took a nap. Your body needs that rest. Walking in the store helps. I haven't been out of the house since Wednesday. We will need to go to Wal-Mart but I want to wait until our regular Monday trip to Walmart and Goodwill. I want to go to the local store for a few things. I'm looking for the little boxes of Kraft Spaghetti dinner but everyone is out of them. Maybe they stopped making them but I could buy them from Amazon. I'm hoping the local store has them, or maybe Dollar Tree. I also want spaghetti sauce and the local store carries the one I like. I need Parmesan cheese in the shaker can. The local store is close,and DH can play the lottery there.

I also need a haircut. My regular girl had surgery and hasn't been there. I really miss her. No one else cuts my hair the way I want. I go to Great Clips and they have so many stylists that are young and inexperienced. But its fast and cheap. They have 1 other girl I like but she's not there when I go. Maybe she left. But my hair is too long and bushy.

Maybe I will boil some eggs so I can have egg salad.
Old 05-04-2024, 07:45 PM   #142  

Carol Sue Glad your weight is back down. Mine was up to 161.8 lb. I am back OP and hope it will help my weight come back down soon. I hope you were able to get your egg salad sandwich.

I had a 1 egg, 1 sl bacon and cheese with 1/4th avocado for breakfast. I've been hungry for pork baby back ribs so we bought Country Style Ribs and I cooked some for dinner today. Funny how I used to love the pork fat, but couldn't go it today so ended up eating only the lean meat. I finished the day with an apple and a oz of cheddar cheese. Calories for the day ended up around 1375 although it is probably less than that because I didn't eat the fat on the ribs. Not watching the carbs because I'm back to eating fruit. I'm trying to eat some of the cancer fighting foods and just count the calories.

I hope your DH feels better soon and that you won't get the cold he seems to have.

I can understand about wanting just the right person to cut your hair. That is why I drive so far to go to the same beautician I went to for years when she was here in town. I hope you can either get your original lady back or perhaps find someone new who can do just as good a job.

Have a good evening.
Old 05-04-2024, 07:53 PM   #143  

I had my egg salad,for breakfast.

DH is,really sick. I hope its not covid. People are still testing positive but he won't test. He went to bed at 7:45 and wants me to come too. I will probably get sick because he won't leave me alone.I'm trying not to.

So I'm going to bed, and will pray! I wanted to change the sheets. Too late. He's in bed. Tomorrow.

Didn't get much sleep. DH was sick all night. Now I'm sneezing.

Scale up 1 lb to 178. I didn't take any la six except for 1/2 in the morning. I didn't want to be up all night peeing,but I was up all night anyway. My ring isn't real tight but not real loose either. Im tired of taking Lasix but if I dont, and I end up in the hospital I wull be sorry.

My local high school friend has been having potty Issues for several months. When she has somewhere she has to go she gets very stressed out with anxiety afraid she will have an accident. Her Pcp told her to take Imodium and treated her for the anxiety. So she went to a gastreologist who is sending her for a colonoscopy to try to find the cause. She had colon cancer a few years ago and I wonder if its related to that. She can't get the colonoscopy done til July or August,they are so busy. It amazes me that she has to wait so long for the test. I would like to know what causes mine,but I don't want to go through so much to find out.

I like country ribs but I only eat them cooked in sauerkraut and the fat renders off. For BBQ ribs I prefer regular ribs,but I have never cooked them myself because DH won't eat them. He does not eat any meat with bones. He says there's no meat on them, plus he does bot like BBQsauce. He is very hard to cook for.

I got very hungry overnight again. I'm thinking its because I'm awake and other times I'm asleep and don't realize I'm hungry. Im usually hungry as soon as I get up but drinking black coffee allows me to postpone eating for a while.

Im also getting a headache so that might be the cold coming. Last time we got sick he got sick first and I got sick a few days later. I tested positive for vivid but he would not test. So he says he never had covid. If we were both sick and I had covid, so did he. That is my opinion. I think this is the sickest I've ever seen him.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-05-2024 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:40 PM   #144  

Sorry your DH is so sick and hopefully you won't. I have heard (but who knows) that if you get covid again that it won't be as bad as before. I pray that will be t he case if you do get it.

I've been very sleepy since the infusion and FBG and weight is up but I remember that happens after infusion. I hope it won't stay up. Weight was 163.4 today so I am reeling in the calories more today. Of course, I always start the day out with a good plan, the key is to keep it there. My goal is to stay within 6 to 7 hr eating window. I had my orange this morning so I could take my iron pill as DH DD told me they don't know why but it helps the body absorb the iron. I noticed when I had my blood work done, I'm not holding on to iron. I had that and my protein shake for breakfast with my collagen coffee. I took tilapia out for dinner and I will switch my usually breakfast to a supper meal around 6pm and plan to eat nothing after. I think since I don't go to bed until between midnight and 1 am, I will be sure to go to bed without any food on my stomach and I will be sure to get a 16 to 16 1/2 hr fast everyday. Calories today will be 1126.

Praying for y'all. Hope everybody has a nice day.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:31 PM   #145  

Trish,my first Covid was very mild. I would not have thought it was iCovid if I had not tested. DH seems pretty sick but men always,seem sicker. He is very congested but he doesn't cough things up or blow his nose.

We went to Walmart. He waited in the car and I shopped. It was terrible. Very crowded,and I had to ask people to reach things for me. They don't make the cold or cough medicine that we used to buy but DH doesn't believe me. I buy what they have and he complains. I bought bananas but the guy rang them up as apples. Bananas are 59c per pound but the apples were 1.49. So more than double. I didn't notice it til we were on the way home.

I meant to stop at Bob Evans and get him some chicken noodle soup but I forgot. So now he's hungry but doesn't want what we have. I could make him soup but he won't like it. He once told me my chicken soup is like dirty dish water. I don't drive well enough to drive there by myself. Its on the highway and there's a lot of traffic today. I wish he would just eat what I cook. Thats what most men do. Not mine.

I hope you get your iron to hold. I don't know much about iron but that it comes from beef.

I will post later if there's ant change.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:30 PM   #146  

Carol Sue Somewhere along the way you really spoiled your DH. We do that and then we have a difficult time changing things if we ever can. DH has had to take on doing a lot of things when I got sick and I have taken back a lot of things that he will let me do and some jobs we share or take turns doing. But there are some things I haven't taken back to doing because I think it is good for him to have the responsibility. He fusses about doing them sometime, but that is his personality and I'm used to it. I still might do them again someday but not yet.

DH changed the menu today. He wanting BLT and that was fine with me. We will have the fish tomorrow. I would have loved to have had salmon, but I refused to buy 2 frozen fillets for $10 at the local store. My calories ended up being 1345 for today.

Hope your DH feels better and you don't get sick.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:01 AM   #147  

Scale back down to 177.

DH is feeling much better today and he sounds better. He ate canned chicken soup that step daughter brought and he coughed up a bunch of mucus. And he slept. I am not showing any signs yet of getting it. That would be a miracle after being around him.

Trish,I have spoiled DH about food, I know. I should just start making what I want to make. When he asks what are we eating I will have an answer. After I had heart surgery in 2008 I was not allowed to vacuum so he started doing it. And he still does it. I was not allowed to lift a gallon of milk so we started buying half gallons. We still do. He does most of the laundry, whites, jeans and towels. I will not let him wash my clothes. I like to wash clothes but I cannot carry a basket up from the basement. I don't like him doing it anymore, either. You can't hold the handrail if you are carrying something. We have the same problem carrying groceries up the stairs. Thats why I like to shop twice a week and not buy as much. I have a pantry in the basement and a lot of the dry goods stay downstairs til we need them. The stairs are the only bad part of this house. You can't go out anywhere without using the stairs.

At Wal-Mart I buy a bag of frozen salmon. They have skinless and skin on. I like skin on, DH likes skinless. Go figure. I have never bought fresh. I think if I did I would never buy frozen again. I notice the fresh sells quickly. It always looks so good. I love salmon.

Today we will go to Goodwill for senior day. I think DH feels well enough to go. We usually go to Wal-Mart but we went yesterday. We still need potatoes but we buy them in the local store or Aldis.

I just heard that my sister in law who lost her husband is now dating someone. new. BIL has been gone 1 1/2 years, so I guess its time. She is too young to be alone. BIL would not want that. I mis them. I heard she met this new guy at church, so that's good!
​​​​​​
Old 05-06-2024, 11:03 AM   #148  

Oh man, did I screw up! I put chicken legs on to boil for Rusty and forgot. The water boiled away. Luckily I heard the pan crackle and got there in time. DH yells at me for that all the time. The pan and chicken were both ok. It cracked as soon as the water was gone. It could have been a catastrophe. DH is still sleeping.

Today I am making chicken and rice casserole. I'm using chicken tenderloins and instant rice. It was hard to find a recipe that uses instant rice but thats all I have. I have never made this before. I don't have potatoes unless we go to the store. It was also hard to find a recipe that used raw chicken. Most use shredded cooked chicken but long cooking rice. I think I will like it but I'm not sure about DH,but if he doesn't want it he will be going to McDonalds!
Old 05-06-2024, 01:11 PM   #149  

Carol Sue Glad your DH is better and you aren't sick. I hope things continue going that way. I don't know if our Goodwill has Senior day or when they have it if they do. It is so far over to their store that I'm not sure it would be worth driving over there except that it would help me walk around more. I like walking in a store but not around the block. I really wish I had bought a treadmill instead of the recumbent bike, but the bike was what I needed at the time. My bones would have been better if I had used a treadmill instead. Oh well. It is what it is.

Weight back down to 160.6 lbs today. FBG was 116 and bp 116/65. The strange thing is that I'm not hungry. I had an orange and my collagen coffee for breakfast. I was going to drink a protein shake but never needed it. DH got up early so he will want to eat dinner early so I don't need to eat anything yet. I will probably just eat dinner which will be tilapia that I took out for yesterday and then drink that protein shake this evening.

I think the chemo I'm on curbs my appetite and it is starting to take hold again. I am thinking about taking advantage of it and for one week and just have OMAD and 2 protein shake meals a day. Then I would like to move into 2MAD. I will try to do that this week so I can #1 shrink my stomach and #2 get used myself used to eating less.

I miss my home in SC, but I don't miss the stairs and steps. It was getting difficult for me to go up them before we moved. I couldn't do them now. DH insisted I go out in the backyard to watch the eclipse and I thought I was never going to be able to step up on the patio to get back in the house. I didn't think about it but I should have walked around the house and come in either the garage or the front door. I think what I miss the most about the home in SC was sitting in my enclosed porch next to the little pond. It was so relaxing and peaceful.

Hope you have a good day.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:16 PM   #150  

All the Goodwill around here have senior day on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday have discount for Military/Veterans and teachers but I don't know which is which. It's probably nationally.

We went but only bought a few things. DH didn't want to be there long.

We then got his chicken soup And I got my hair cut. There were a lot of stylists there for a Monday and I didn't recognise any of them. Some must have quit. My girl wasn't there and I didn't ask about her. I like my haircut.

Then we went to the local store and got potatoes and some Progresso soup for another time. Now that I have potatoes I might make grilled chicken and potatoes instead of the chicken and rice. That takes longer.

I have trouble getting on and off our little deck in the back. I want DH to pur a post there for me to hold onto but so far he hasn't. I can't get him to understand I need something to hold onto at all times. I lose my balance easily.

I would like to shrink my stomach, too, Trish. Thats a good idea and it can be done by eating less like you plan to. I've read that it doesn't actually shrink. It just doesn't stretch out the way it does when you eat more, and it gets used to having less food. Either way, its good, I think.

6:30. We both liked our dinner. I made grilled chicken tenderloins on the grill pan on the stove, mashed potatoes and green beans. This was the first dinner I've cooked in ages. I put too much garlic salt on the chicken but DH didn't think so. I Still want to try the chicken and rice another day when I start cooking earlier.

Now to relax til bedtime.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-06-2024 at 06:33 PM.