Old 02-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #316  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Haha, Katiam247, Oh yes, gravity is not my friend!!! I expect the bosoms will get smaller as the rest of me does. The last time I lost a lot of weight, I was still a little, round apple, just a smaller one.

I met a friend in the summer, who's about my height and about my start weight (238); but she told me that she'd lost a serious amount too, and discovered a tiny little hour-glass figure. I was so envious! No, I was plain jealous! I'd love an hour-glass rather than an apple but that's not going to happen, I guess.

Heyho. Will settle happily for the small apple, and have re-commited to trying harder again with the loss - only shifted 3.5lbs since Christmas Day, and that's purely my fault for not trying, letting portion control and calorie counting slide. Have pledged to be Eighty By Easter!, that's 8 more lbs, 80lbs gone by Easter. Hanging on.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I have decided to use your submission form instead of my gmail account so there's no chance of me going in there and accidentally messing anything up. LOL

Riestrella, I like that water bottle! It would definitely give you incentive to keep drinking. We buy individual bottles of water by the case because although our local water is good, DH refuses to drink it, but I use it for cooking. To save money, I often reuse the bottles. I try to drink 4 bottles per day which is about 8 cups, but only if I'm going to be home and close to the bathroom. LOL Then I do get more water when I take my meds 3 times a day. On days that I'm doing a lot of running around, I'm afraid to drink that much. I do feel so much better when I drink it.

Also, I am not much of a fruit eater because of my diabetes. They say that fruit sugar is different and does not spike blood sugar, but they lie. I do have very small portions occasionally, like a couple sections of orange, or a few berries.

So many are doing so great on this challenge!! You go girls!!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #318  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

For all those who like to weigh in a little early for the upcoming week. Week 5 weights are still open, see the link in my signature to submit your Week 5 weight! The charts for week 5 will be made tomorrow.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #319  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

My apologies for disappearing for a bit. I've had several Dr appts and hospital tests along with helping my Dad out.

Thank you guys for your awesome suggestions for my last post! I wish I'd been able to read them earlier. I did what I knew I would except I behaved myself for the most part while shopping. This time it was drive thru's. Actually a certain drive thru. Every time I had to go out I bought Tim Horton's Timbits on my way home. :/ I'm disgusted with myself, but am starting to feel better as I've started behaving again and re-losing what I gained last week. (I truly hate having to re-lose weight. PS I don't think re-lose is real word, but I use it often in my journaling. LOL)

On a better note, an Echocardiogram showed my heart is fine. No results yet from the 48 holtor monitor. A CT scan showed my brain is fine. Though apparently it also showed I have chronic sinus problems. I didn't need a CT to tell me that. LOL I didn't know a CT could do that actually.

So my heart and my brain are not the cause of my dizziness, loss of balance, vision going black and occasional passing out. She's started to look in another direction and is thinking I might have low blood sugar. I'm truly frustrated at the info I've found on it online. It all contradicts. :/

I hope everyone is doing better!! I agree with several of you about a lot of people being depressed, feeling down and not feeling well overall. Emotional eating during that is my forté too.

May your week be filled with happiness, love and confidence in ourselves. <3
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #320  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

wannabehealthy - A suggestion - you could always buy a bottle like the one I have and then your husband can still use the bottled water? You'd still be saving money since you wouldn't be using the bottles anymore. Also, why would you be afraid to drink much if you're running around? That's the best time to stay hydrated!

Jesslan - Glad to hear that your scans turned out fine, even though I'm sure it's annoying not knowing what's wrong. When I lived in Japan I would faint often, I think it was down to not drinking enough and having an active job + the ventilation on the trains always made me woozy. I hope it's something simple like not getting enough iron or water vs. something serious. Before you get dizzy are you thinking about anything in particular? It could be something emotionally triggered? I'm not a health expert, just musing! Glad to hear you're doing better, no more Tim Horton's!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-07-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #321  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm doing a detox fast today to see if I can get rid of a migraine headache from ****. I have many foods that trigger migraines. Yesterday my head must have been elsewhere because I made "maid rites" (sloppy joes without the tomato sauce). It called for worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, both triggers for me. I put both in, what was I thinking? Anyway, maybe it'll knock me off the plateau I hit this week)
Everyone have a skinny Sunday!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm off to a good start. I actually got some exercise in the last two days. I only wish I had gotten started sooner after the holidays. I always feel so tired and lazy during and after the holidays and it takes me a good month after New Year's to get back into the swing of things. If I could only take a vacation from Thanksgiving to the middle of January, I think I would feel better. It would give me time to focus and recover.

February is going to be a great month! I can feel it!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:01 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

HEY EVERYONE!

Just popping in to say hi. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoyed the Super Bowl! It has been a warm weekend here - 84 right now (sorry to those who have snow right now :{ )

I'm focusing on getting my momentum back and reaching into my tool kit. I'm glad I keep electronic copies of various handy things that have helped in the past. I'm famous for forgetting my tools and sometimes need to rediscover them.

Funny thing about momentum. Sometimes you can run on and on for months, and it doesn't seem that anything can phase your momentum. Then, you hit the slippery slope and things begin to slide. I haven't had any huge slide, but I know I'm losing momentum. So, my focus right now is getting my momentum back.

Okay, I dug this one out of my files. I used the postpone it technique today. I just ate one skinny turkey burger (my version, using an Orowheat Sandwinch Thin as the bun). I keep myself busy by going outside and planting some flowers. I met my goal and did not have a 2nd burger.

I practiced mindful eating, while I ate it. My mind savored the tasty burger for awhile. success!

I had been successful for several months and only had one burger at a sitting. Then, a week ago, I had 2. The thought of 2 was on my mind, but I won the war today. Now to back track on the Popchips slipping down the slope.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Rie:
Baby steps will add up. Hope you had a good Sunday. Backtracking to earlier conversation on bras. I have seen some bra makeovers on TV and it is amazing the difference in sizes between what the person was wearing and what they ended up after the makeover.

Bobbi:
Sorry about your headache. Hope you are feeling better soon. Your story reminds me a bit of my salty soup, lol. I've got pleanty of fresh lemons right now. Think I'll squeeze some of them and make lemon cubes. Hope the scale starts moving again for you.

Magistra17:
I'm glad you came out of hybernation. I think of the time between October to Feb. as a hybernation period, lol. That is the time my SAD kicks in and I primarily just want to eat and sleep.

Jessian:
Hope you are feeling better. Glad your tests are okay so far. Have they ruled out vertigo?

Last edited by munchey; 02-07-2016 at 08:41 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #325  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 5 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:

Charts are top 15 biggest losers! If you want to join the challenge, please go to the first post of the thread and read the rules before joining. If you were already in the challenge and your information is gone from the spreadsheet, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks so you've been moved to Standby. Simply tell me you want back in and I'll move you back into the spreadsheet.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:59 PM   #326  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So yesterday was my first Superbowl experience since I moved to America last April (woah, almost been a year!) and I definitely succumbed to the snacky atmosphere a bit. I had chips and guac/salsa, these awesome cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon and some cheeseless nachos. I drank loads of water and only had one alcoholic beverage (an old fashioned with sweet maple bourbon...mmm...). I have to admit, I don't like American football and wandered away after the truly disappointing half time show but I'm happy that the Broncos won since I'm in Colorado! Feels like every other person was sporting some sort of Broncos paraphernalia leading up to the game.

Before the game I went to see Hail, Caesar! at the theater - it was a disappointing film to say the least. I usually grab a bag of peanut M&M's and snack on those as a treat instead of getting popcorn, but because of the Superbowl we didn't want to risk getting held up in Target so I got a pretzel instead. I'm very much someone who if they don't eat when the hunger pangs come I'll start to feel sick. I got the salted pretzel and it was delicious but so greasy . It's the first time I've ever eaten a pretzel though, I like them but definitely not something to eat all the time.

This morning my weight is holding steady at 166 lbs, so I'm happy to not have gained anything after yesterday. I did a yoga workout in the morning too, the car is in the shop now since it needs a lot of repairs before we move to Atlanta so I'll have to do a lot of home workouts for the next 3 days to keep up with my fitness schedule.

--------------------------

Bobbo - Sorry to hear you experience migraines, I hope your detox helps!

magistra - Yes, let's make February the month of progress!

munchey - Well done on not going back for seconds! Yeah, I remember there was a TV show in the UK, it was some sort of makeover show. The first thing they did was fit the women with the correct bra size, I think one woman was wearing a B cup when she was actually an E! They got footage of her wearing the B cup and her boobs were just spilling over her cups, crazy. I definitely have to find the right fit, it takes a long time but it's always worth it to feel supported.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:19 PM   #327  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks for the well wishes on the terrible migraine, I did get rid of it yesterday afternoon. I ate some sweet/sour apple/cabbage soup for supper and the scale was down another 6 ounces or so this morning. Hopefully it'll stay off for the next weigh in.
Thanks Rie for all the hard work you've put into this challenge, it is very much appreciated by all. I've never been able to lose weight on my own, challenges energizes me.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rie, I can't drink a lot of water when I'm out and about because I can't be too far from a restroom. Today I was leaving Walmart and decided to make a pit stop before I left and the ladies room was closed for cleaning. LOL The older I get, the harder it is to hold it, so better if I'm at home when I'm drinking heavily.

We were home alone for the game and we are not snackers. Not one snack eaten here during the game. It started shortly after we ate dinner. Had we been at a gathering there would have been snacks and I would have indulged.

Bobbi, you know how nosy I am. I am very curious as to what caused your migraine that 3FC felt needed to be edited out! LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-08-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

I am a big Broncos fan, so I had a terrific day yesterday watching the Superbowl. Well, correction, I had a terrific feeling after the game was over; it was a totally different feeling during the game.

I ate waaay too much food yesterday, but then I knew I would. I was a little concerned at the beginning of yesterday though. Sunday is my weigh-in day, but when I got on the scale, it said I had gained 2.6 pounds in the last week. I did not think that was possible because my week had not been that bad (and I weighed before I ate all the extra food yesterday). So this morning I re-weighed and it said that I was only up .6 pounds since week 4. That seems more reasonable, but it has me worried now. I use a scale at home so that I can make sure it is consistent, but now I don't know if I can trust my scale.

Here's to making this week a great week for everyone!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #330  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Anyone who has recently been added as a contributor to the spreadsheet after sending me their g-mail might have still had issues updating their weights - all is fixed now thanks to Minerva Moo making me realise I no longer needed to lock the spreadsheet since anyone with the link can only view. Sorry for any confusion!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-08-2016 at 06:48 PM.