Old 03-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #436  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Congrats to ALL the challengers who stuck with it, so proud of you all. I'm totally impressed with wolfy with a whopping 14.02 pounds lost, quite an accomplishment! Flower, Vehuel, Daydream,Rosin & Koshinogi,who all made goal. (some like me up and down) Some of you are going to make goal with one week left in the challenge, Equin, Ultra are very close, you go girls!
I just came home from doc appointment, sad to see I've shrunk even more, only 5'1", I checked the women's weight chart for my built and size and I should be between 113-118 so according to that I'm still overweight. I don't plan on joining the next challenge but would like to check in to see how you all are doing, maybe can do a rah, rah, rah from the side lines.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #437  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post
so, i made goal! yey also thats 198 so yey onederland!

Riestrella, I missed week 8 but submitted 9 at 199, please can you update the board I use my tablet sometimes and do wonder if it submits.

go go girls good luck with final subs!!!!
Done!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:50 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to everyone in the challenge and a big thank you to Riestrella for taking the time to put on this challenge Koodos to everyone who made goal! Best of luck in the final week.

Last edited by flower1; 03-08-2016 at 02:51 PM.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hope everyone has a good week and are able to increase their challenge loss! I have to say that I've struggled a bit during this challenge, but I've shaken up my strategy a bit and I'm hoping for a 2-pound loss this week. If I don't get there, it won't be for a lack of trying.

One encouraging sign this morning, I'm able to cinch in my bra and fully own the next row of eyes for the hooks. Got to celebrate the small stuff on the way to the big stuff,

RIE:
The new badges look great!

BOBBIE:
Congrats on reaching and then getting below your goal!.

Some of the suggested weight range charts for given heights should be considered out of date. Many of them don't take muscle mass into the equation. I've seen some studies that say people who weigh a bit more, tend to live longer (not obese, but probably at the high end or just over the highest suggested weight on some traditional charts).

Everyone is different, so it can be a matter of an individual preference. Some people look very gaunt at the low end of their weight range, as they get older. (others may not). Then, there is the matter of the effort it takes to stay at the low end of a weight range. (difficult for some). Guess it can be a matter of taking several things into account in deciding what weight range is right for you.

KOSHINOGI:
Double congrats - making goal and one-der-land!

MAGISTRA17:
Hope you have a good week and lose more weight! I've struggled with the urge to eat something after dinner. I've started allowing myself a few raw almonds (approx. 10)

ROSINANTE:
Hope you have an enjoyable trip. It's tough when you are in the company of naturally thin people at meal time. If you hadn't left town, we could have brought out the pitch fork or whip, lol.

Last edited by munchey; 03-08-2016 at 04:27 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:02 AM   #440  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

flowe1 - Congrats on your progress! I hope to see you in the next challenge in April

munchey - I hope shaking up your strategy works for you! Congrats on the bra victory!
Old 03-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

AHHH yey Girls, Congratulations to everyone!!!
Thanks Rie for the update!
Ladies it is so good knowing we have made a big impact on our goals already for the year, for me having this little support network (even though I am not a massive poster) is what keeps me going, I found the challenges around august last year for the halloween challenge and with your help I have managed to lose 16lb in total, I know if I didn't log in and write it down for others to see, I would not lose so THANKYOU ALL!!!!!
Really looking forward to the next challenge, I have to lose more to fit into my old uniform ready for my university placements to start! (i refuse to but new trousers)
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #442  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

It's the last day of the challenge! Please submit all your weights by tomorrow morning! If you participated in the measurement challenge, please let me know your measurements. You can view the spreadsheet in post 1 to see what you need to measure.

Koshi - I'm so happy to hear that the challenges have been helping you towards your goal - congratulations on 10 lbs lost and getting out of the 200's!! The next challenge will be posted April 11th

Last edited by Riestrella; 03-13-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #443  

HEY EVERYONE!
Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments and staying with the challenge.

I had a 2-pound loss this week, with a total 9-pound loss for the challenge. I had hoped for a larger loss this week, but I caught a cold and it put a dent in my activity level. I had hoped to lose more than 9 pounds during the challenge, but I'll take it! I hit a stall during the challenge, but I seem to have the scale moving down again and I aim to do my best to make it continue down.

Hope to see many of you during the next challenge! Best wishes to everyone with their fitness and weight-loss efforts!

RIE:
Thanks so much for all your efforts with the challenge. I know that it can be very time consuming, especially with a hacker in the mix. I'm looking forward to your April Challenge. Best wishes with your health and fitness efforts - may you be successful!

KOSHINOGI:
Congrats! Good job!

Last edited by munchey; 03-13-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:49 AM   #444  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Final submission. Didn't quite make it but it was better than it might have been!!

Munchey - the whip and pitchfork would have been useful!!!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:44 AM   #445  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Final submission. Didn't quite make it but it was better than it might have been!!

Munchey - the whip and pitchfork would have been useful!!!!!

Rosinante:
If we both are in the next challenge, I promise to bring out both the whip and the pitchfork! Hope you had a nice trip.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 03-14-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #446  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Congratulations to all the finishers of this New Year, New You Challenge! It’s been a ride, thank you so much for sticking with the challenge after the initial hiccups trying to make the spreadsheet sabotage free!

Here it is…the results!! Thank you all for such a great couple of months. It’s been great getting to see your results and sharing my life with you too. It’s amazing seeing the threads so active with chatter, it fills me with joy! I hope you will continue to join me in my next challenge: Sizzling for Summer 2016! It will be open for business on April 11th 2016.

First of all a disclaimer – The top 3 overall winners will receive the overall awards. After that I will choose the next person in line for a winner of the sub-forum awards. This is so more people get to win shiny badges, I hope you all understand!

The Gold Award Goes to:
flower1

Starting Weight: 165.6 lbs
Final Weight: 141.6 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 24 lbs
% Weight Loss: 14.49%

The Silver Award Goes to:
wolfchan

Starting Weight: 174 lbs
Final Weight: 149.6 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 24.4 lbs
% Weight Loss: 14.02%

The Bronze award goes to:
Vehuel

Starting Weight: 192 lbs
Final Weight: 169.5 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 22.5 lbs
% Weight Loss: 11.72%

WOW! You guys are incredible! Huge congratulations to you all. Now onto the sub-forum awards:

The Chicks up for a Challenge Gold Award Goes to:
DayDreamer26

Starting Weight: 226.1 lbs
Final Weight: 202.8 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 23.3 lbs
% Weight Loss: 10.31%

The Chicks up for a Challenge Silver Award Goes to:
Bobbi

Starting Weight: 134.4 lbs
Final Weight: 121 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 13.4 lbs
% Weight Loss: 9.97%

The Chicks up for a Challenge Bronze award goes to:
equinechick61

Starting Weight: 220.2 lbs
Final Weight: 200.6 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 19.6 lbs
% Weight Loss: 8.90%

A huge congratulations to all of our winners!! I’m not done handing out badges just yet, because some of you weighed in every single week of this challenge. Staying accountable is one of the most important aspects to weight loss, and you should be commended for that effort.

Here are our New Year, New You 206 Finishers!

Katiam247
Kris2008
Munchey
nonameslob
Penny105
Riestrella
Workinglikeadog

I will PM all the winners with their BB code to put their badges in their signature soon. I hope you’ll wear them with pride!

Final Overall Chart:

Final Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:
Old 03-14-2016, 01:41 PM   #447  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Don't be a stranger! I've created a chat thread for us to gather in and talk about life and weight loss while we're waiting for the next challenge. I certainly don't want our talks to end just because there isn't a challenge going on. Click here to join!
Old 03-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Rie, thank you so much for running this challenge - I'm sure everyone here really appreciates your hard work.

I know I haven't chatted much but it really has helped to keep me motivated - and I have enjoyed reading the posts here . Looking forward to the next challenge. Hopefully I will have a bit more time to chat by then. x
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Congrats everyone! Rie, thank you for all your efforts in doing this challenge - it really helped to keep me motivated. I am going to do a few weeks of maintenance (hopefully maintain what I have lost) and then join the April challenge. See everyone in April.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Rie for running the challenge! It really kept me motivated!! I can't wait for the next one. Congrats to Flower and everyone else!
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote