Old 01-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

Same weight as last week - dang!

We walked a lot this week (average of 2 hours a day 3 1/2 of the dog walking) but walking was to events so there was way too much eating and dare I say wine (yikes). Next Fri we are off as a group to El Rio for music and I think I will skip the ribs and eat something better for me and less wine.

My goal this week is consuming less liquid calories.

It sounds like there are others in the group that are having the same struggles as I am with week. Others are doing well. Thank you for blogging your journey and sharing your lives. I find it nice to see that I'm not alone in the struggle.

Calorie Count is a good website for food and activity tracking.

Good luck everyone

Last edited by wantochange; 01-17-2016 at 10:28 AM.
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #182  

Hi Munchey,

Would you please update the spreadsheet for me again. Thanks so much!
Starting weight: 155
Week of 1/04: 154
Week of 1/11: 153
Goal Weight for 3/07: 145

Love your vision board!
momof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:45 AM   #183  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday!

I completely spaced on weighing in this morning, but regardless my average weight this week was 165 lbs so that's what my official weight will be. Instead of using my lightest weight of the week, I think I'm going to shift towards using my average weight of the week (my weigh-in app calculates it for me). The reason is I think it might be hurting my morale when I weigh in light one day and heavy another and I feel I have to beat my lightest weight despite it being just another fluctuation.

I'm going to see Star Wars for the second time today. I'm excited! I'm not gonna eat any popcorn, since the cinema popcorn is just so bad for you. I worked in a cinema and they deliver the popcorn already made in giant bags, you just fill it into the machines to make it look like it's freshly made. The machine simply keeps it warm. The expiry date on those bags were like a year too, anything that doesn't go off in a year can't be good on your insides! Plus, in America you guys put all that butter on - what's with that?! Haha, it's so unusual! In the UK you just get sweet or salted popcorn and that's that!

Don't get me wrong, it all tastes fine, but I need to approach unhealthy food with a slight air of disgust around it to really put me off eating it!! If I think "this is what ___ is going to do to my body" then it helps me put things into perspective a bit.

--------------------------------------

ladyinweighting - Have fun in Florida!

Fire Lollipop - Well done on facing the scale, I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be! Low self esteem is a b!tch, but let me tell you, no one cares that you're working out. Especially in the gym. In fact they'll probably look at you and think "good for you for taking control!" We ALL started out somewhere, you might look at someone and see they're super in shape but they could have been overweight at some point too! I started running at 200 lbs, I sucked so badly at it and I was doing it outside on a quiet trail. I saw a runner coming towards me who was very much in shape and she said to me "You're doing really well!" as she passed me. When I entered a 10K and I was in the 170's I came second to last in the race, when I was approaching the finish line clearly in agony everyone had already finished and had gotten their medals. The people who saw me stopped and applauded me and cheered for me to the finish line - it was one of the proudest moments in my life despite my placement in the race! I felt so much love and support from complete strangers who didn't want to see me give up. Yes, there are going to be some people who look at you funny, but who cares? Most of the people are supportive, whenever I see someone overweight working out I wanna stop and cheer for them too! What's important is that you're making the change for your life and your health.

wanttochange - Ah yes, liquid calories! They really get ya! Good luck with your goal
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:59 AM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
.... no one cares that you're working out. Especially in the gym. In fact they'll probably look at you and think "good for you for taking control!" We ALL started out somewhere, you might look at someone and see they're super in shape but they could have been overweight at some point too! I started running at 200 lbs, I sucked so badly at it and I was doing it outside on a quiet trail. I saw a runner coming towards me who was very much in shape and she said to me "You're doing really well!" as she passed me. When I entered a 10K and I was in the 170's I came second to last in the race, when I was approaching the finish line clearly in agony everyone had already finished and had gotten their medals. The people who saw me stopped and applauded me and cheered for me to the finish line - it was one of the proudest moments in my life despite my placement in the race! I felt so much love and support from complete strangers who didn't want to see me give up. Yes, there are going to be some people who look at you funny, but who cares? Most of the people are supportive, whenever I see someone overweight working out I wanna stop and cheer for them too! What's important is that you're making the change for your life and your health.
This is just a great post. Like Like Like!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2boys View Post
Hi Munchey,

Would you please update the spreadsheet for me again. Thanks so much!
Starting weight: 155
Week of 1/04: 154
Week of 1/11: 153
Goal Weight for 3/07: 145

Love your vision board!

Momof2boys:
I entered your stats. Congrats on the 2 pounds lost so far. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring more good news.

Thanks for the like on my vision board. I guess the latest trend is to call them Action Boards. It has helped me stay on track.

Naughty

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Riestrella - what weigh-in app are you using?
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Happy Sunday all! Apologies if this is a double post, but I'm having a devil of a time accessing the spreadsheet via my phone. Munchey, if it's not too much trouble, will you please record my weight, 206.6 pounds, for the week. Looks like a like I shed my TOM water weight from earlier in the week. Who am I to complain. Seeing some nice drops on this thread. Well done!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:51 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Happy Sunday all! Apologies if this is a double post, but I'm having a devil of a time accessing the spreadsheet via my phone. Munchey, if it's not too much trouble, will you please record my weight, 206.6 pounds, for the week. Looks like a like I shed my TOM water weight from earlier in the week. Who am I to complain. Seeing some nice drops on this thread. Well done!

CurvyNotLumpy:
I made the entry for you. Congrats on your loss!

Munchey
Old 01-18-2016, 02:18 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Munchey.

Would you update the spreadsheet for me please? 3.5 lb this week, so 6.5 lb in total.
I thought it might be, at most, 2lb because I usually lose slow. But I think the FitBit is helping.
Nice start to a Monday although I am going to change weigh-in day to Sunday. It's just easier.
Thanks again!
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:28 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Fire Lollipop: Great job! I'm so glad you decided to face the scale and join the challenge. Good luck and can't wait to hear how you do over the next couple of weeks!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #191  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehuel View Post
Hi Munchey.

Would you update the spreadsheet for me please? 3.5 lb this week, so 6.5 lb in total.
I thought it might be, at most, 2lb because I usually lose slow. But I think the FitBit is helping.
Nice start to a Monday although I am going to change weigh-in day to Sunday. It's just easier.
Thanks again!

VEHUEL:
Good Job! I entered your new stats. Keep up the good work!

Munchey
Old 01-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post

I had a great week, lost 2.4 pounds. This might not sound like much but I only had 10.4 pounds to lose and it takes much will power to lose anything at my weight.
We're 40 below zero this morning with wind chills added, many churches are closed. We're having a Sunday dinner at my daughters at noon, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, having hubby warm up the jeep before I step outside.
You all have a great Sunday.

Way to go! Congrats on your loss! I can't imagine 40 below zero. That puts a challenge into exercise.

Munchey
Old 01-18-2016, 11:16 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

I had a mishap yesterday at a diner that kept my party waiting for food for well over 2 hours...my careful plan to have some eggs and bacon and fruit went out the window in favor of a corned beef hash platter which I finished completely. Plus a donut. Plus someone else's Chinese chicken and fried rice...

Soooo I'm at 165 this morning, more than a pound up from yesterday. Whoops!
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfchan View Post
I had a mishap yesterday at a diner that kept my party waiting for food for well over 2 hours...my careful plan to have some eggs and bacon and fruit went out the window in favor of a corned beef hash platter which I finished completely. Plus a donut. Plus someone else's Chinese chicken and fried rice...

Soooo I'm at 165 this morning, more than a pound up from yesterday. Whoops!

Wolfchan:
I posted your weight on the spreadsheet. Don't beat yourself up. You have a new week with new opportunities.

I try to keep some raw almonds and walnuts in a little baggie in my purse. In case I miss a meal or a meal is delayed, I can grab a few and it will put my hunger in check.

Munchey
Old 01-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post

VEHUEL:
Good Job! I entered your new stats. Keep up the good work!

Munchey
Thanks for all your help Munchey. Much appreciated.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote