Old 01-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEY EVERYONE:
Hope you are all having a good week. Wow, it seems like January is just flying by. It was nice to have a sunny 75 degree day. I did some circuits in my back yard. I've go in almost 3 miles, so far, but still have 1-1/2 miles to go to get to my goal for today. I plan to make the goal.

Mom2threeACG:
Glad to hear you are feeling better and back to exercising!
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #227  

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I hope to get to the park today to walk the dog. So far, so good on my mileage for the week - one day at a time.

Naughty
Old 01-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #228  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Riestrella, I love your new avatar. I didn't even recognize you until I saw your name. LOL You look fantastic! Way to go girl!

I continue to feel back in control this week. Only 2lbs more to get back to my lowest weight so far and onederland at the same time. Maybe next week.

I have one big concern. I don't know if anyone else ever goes through this. It would be nice to hear I'm not alone. I get one check a year that has to last all year. As you can imagine with repairs to a 100 year old home and life's curve balls it never lasts that long. As a result usually the last 2-3 months of the year are tight to the point of buying the cheapest low calorie food I can get. If I have money at all for it. My next check is supposed to come this next week. My problem is when I've gone several weeks or a few months without at least eating foods and fruits I like or an occasional treat that when I can finally do decent grocery shopping at least a 1/4 of what goes in my cart is candy or junk food. It's different when I CHOOSE not to eat them. When I'm forced not to it's like a candy/junk food binge for 2-ish days when I finally can. It's taken me 2 months to get back on track. I don't want to screw it up again for another two months.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:41 PM   #229  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Something seems to be in the air, I'm not feeling entirely 100% myself. I get down in the dumps every so often, I just want to be alone and not do anything. For weight loss this is awful, because I just end up overeating.

I need to replenish the healthy snacks in the house since there are none, I find myself eating breakfast, lunch then starving myself until dinner because there's nothing nutritional to eat. Which is terrible since I gorge myself with too much food for dinner and end up going over my calorie limit. Happened tonight .

I've been holding at 166 lbs this week which is a HUGE disappointment but I can't say I'm not surprised. No exercise + overeating = gains. I made sure I was on it with water intake today though, maybe that will help a little bit?

I'll get out of this slump eventually.

I'm busy catching up with work too. I procrastinated throughout the month like a student and I'm making up for it now. What could've been just a couple of hours a day leading up to the deadline is now 6+ hours a day to try and get everything done. Actions have consequences, my life is one giant testament to that fact!

I'm gonna skip on personals for now until the next post, which I HATE to do since you know I tend to be pretty excellent with them, but I hope you all understand.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #230  

I'm not looking forward to weighing tomorrow. I made some soup yesterday. It was a family version of borscht (lots more veggies and less beets than the traditional) I needed a lemon, but didn't have one, so I found a spice jar with Lemon Pepper. I mistakenly thought it just has pepper and some citrus product it it. I put way too much in the soup and the soup tastes a bit too salty. OMG, I looked at the label of ingredients this morning and the first ingredient was "salt". A lesson learned for me, don't trust the front label to represent what something contains. Logically, I thought there were some preservatives in it, but never thought that salt would be the first ingredient and that sugar was in the list as well.

Lesson well learned. I'm usually good about reading labels. Now the message is driven home. Don't ever rely on the main description of something - almost everything can have surprise ingredients.

RIE:
Hang in there! I know Winter depression well and procrastination has been a life-long problem. Many times there is an anxiety that kicks in that can effect everything you do. I think with me, the procrastination stems from a desire to make something perfect when it is something I like to do and then just plain deferral when it comes to things like doing my income taxes, lol.

There is something about that last-minute adreleline that kicks in with deadlines that many times makes whatever you are working on more successful.

Try some full-spectrum lighting. I've had success with an SAD lamp. It may take a few days to kick in, but it can help.

JESSIAN ROSE:
I know that unexpected things happen during the year, but try and save up a rainy day fund. We all can be surprised to look at the things we buy routinely that we can avoid all together or limit. Hopefully, you have a monthly budget. Murphy's Law will happen, it is just a matter of when.

Don't go shopping hungry, that will get you into overbuying fast. Try making a shopping list and stick with it. Allow for occasional treats. Do your best to get out of the "all or nothing" mode. The first step would be to avoid overbuying during the first few months of the year.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-23-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I've been meaning to get here and meet my fellow participants more, so I am going to jump right in.

Jesslan, maybe a garden so you could can and freeze some of your bounty for when you need it most? When our kids were small, venison and garden veggies as well as a root cellar of potatoes and carrots helped a ton!

As far as the candy and junk, I can't buy it. If it's here, I eat it, plain and simple. If I need a treat, I eat it out. A piece of pie at dinner or a really good piece of chocolate, but when I am not home. Just can't, but that's me.

Ristrella, We are from a similar cloth, I do great all day, but overeat at night. Twice this week, I went to bed at 9 so I wouldn't eat anything else. I am also having to cram 22.5 hours of continuing ed into this weekend, because I chose to skip it.

Munchey and Mara, I find the stress eating conversation very interesting because I AM SO GUILTY!! Thanks, Mara, running helps me too, have to really get back at it!

Curvynotlumpy, how is your training going? I missed one of my runs this week, will be hitting the dreadmill in a few to work on me!

Best wishes to all for a great weekend!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #232  

MOTHERMAVIS:
Good luck with getting in your continuing education this weekend! Sometimes, when I hyper focus on something, I get through it quickly.

Good idea about planting a garden and canning for later consumption.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-23-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone!
I hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a great start.
I usually only have time to go to the gym Friday through Sunday, but it has been a struggle to get myself there for the last few months. However, since the new year started, I have been doing so much better.
Yesterday, I did a mile on the elliptical machine in 15 minutes...today, I did a mile in 12 minutes and 45 seconds. It feels really good working out again. I weigh in tomorrow and am looking forward to seeing how I did this week!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #234  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Munchey...how about throwing in a couple of large chunked potatoes to absorb the salt? (You can pull them out before eating) On the bright side, you'll be getting your quota of water in since you'll be real thirsty.

I haven't lost much this week, must have eaten too many salty meals myself. I'm down one pound so guess that's better than nothing.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-23-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Jessalan I feel you on the money issue, Last year we got so excited when my husband got a raise, a really good one at that, but as they say with extra money seems to come extra bills, and as expected, when I've tried to do the best thing with that extra money and bring our credit ratings back up due to horrible budgeting in the past, we are struggling most pay checks, and then this summer my car decided it was going to be a butt, for lack of a better word. We ended up spending almost 3,000 in repairs over the course of 3 months, so now here we are paying yet another bill back to my parents for loaning us the money. I definitely feel you on finding that crappy foods are SO much cheaper to buy, but you have to look at the opposite part of that, the cheaper stuff is b/c it's made with cheap yucky things that the body just isn't meant to process. I've recently found that stocking up on a large bag of apples, bell peppers, carrots and celery can last me a couple of weeks b/c they don't go bad as quickly. I tend to avoid fruits and veggies that go bad quickly b/c typically, those seem to be the last to get eaten. As for meats, I watch for good sales and stock up my freezer for at least a two week period. Some grocery stores have online coupons you can load to a card and I've found a lot of them can be for fresh chicken or other meats. If you want to really stock up on chicken, frozen may be the way to go. Walmart tends to have great sales on frozen chicken. I buy canned tomatoes when they are on sale and use them in everything lol. At the end of a pay period though, I do feel like you and just wonder how we are going to get through until the next one and if I can still get some healthy meals in there too. Hope you are feeling better

Riestrella, I hope you are feeling less down. I finally had to stop looking at the scale as it's only budged 1 lb in the last 3 weeks, but I've lost several inches over the same course and I'm going to start focusing more on that. I feel you on the procrastination, just as fast as I got in two great workouts on Thursday, I crapped out over the last two days lol. Well I'm going to count my sock sorting adventure as a workout b/c I have aching muscles from leaning over and bending over and trying to figure out where each section was going to go and ugh, yeah we're talking almost 5 hrs of sock sorting and I'm only partially done lol. Anyway, this week will be great for all of us. I can't wait to get my kids back to school and get myself back on track!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Heya all, seems most people are feeling the January blues, I certainly am, It's like my body can't decide if it wants to get ill or not, I am constantly floating on the edge of something. Oh well at least so far it hasn't taken hold of me. I have been terrible for my diet so far, I have done around 20 mins of Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown before baby wanted attention so I had to stop, I am going to try and get back into doing that and the 30 day shred, I managed it a couple of years ago and the results were fab, I was less motivated then (also at a lower weight though) so I should really manage....I hope...bleugh.

Riestrella you look great! good pic

Come on ladies lets not waste the rest of this challenge!!!
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:04 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

AHHHHH - still the same weight - at least I didn't gain.....

I started out the week so well then Wed came and it all went to ****-in-a-hand-basket

During aqua work out our neighbours asked us to join them at the bar in the apt next to us, so of course we went and met up with a handful of our neighbours and had a couple of wines (happy hour have to have 2 min). Then we went out for dinner. We ended up going to this sports bar that finally opened. Our team was playing and since we moved we haven't seen a whole hockey game once as the time difference makes it hard. We try to find a bar when the games are on the road - out east they are on early ... but I digress .... the bar only has fried foods. We ended up eating onion rings, poutine and popcorn shrimp. Not good.

Fri we were supposed to meet up with friends to see a band but they cancelled while we were there, so we ended up staying and had an awesome time. Food however, not a veggie in sight again and way too much wine! After we walked home and past one of our fav bars. It's a dive but the people are nice. Happy hour again ....

Sat we were invited to a party at other neighbours and they had appies and lots of wine.

So I guess that I didn't gain is an accomplishment.

When I read peoples blogs it amazes me how people can loose so much and I'm struggling with 30 lbs.

I will try again this week.

Good luck everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Katian247 - I see you and I are dancing around the same exact numbers though you are down a few from the beginning, unlike me. We could have a challenge this week if you want!
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

This thread kept me motivated to order with care at my Sunday brunch with friends this morning. Half a tuna melt was delicious and filling and MUCH better than my usual corned beef hash and hash browns. I knew tomorrow was weigh-in and wanted to have some actual drop to show.
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Riestrella - thanks for the app info - I've loaded it to my phone. I can really relate to the depression and it is very difficult for weightloss because when you're not feeling great it is hard to do all the things that help you to feel better - kind of a vicious cycle. So far this year, I have been concentrating on getting rid of the sugar in my diet which seems to help with my mood and exercise is extremely helpful too. For me there is a correlation between food and mood so I'm trying hard to focus on my food choices to help with my mood.
-
Munchey, Mara and Mothermavis - I can relate to the stress eating too
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote