3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   ~*New Year, New You Challenge 2016*~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/307531-%7E%2Anew-year-new-you-challenge-2016%2A%7E.html)

Riestrella 12-27-2015 10:20 PM

~*New Year, New You Challenge 2016*~

:carrot:Welcome to the New Year, New You Challenge 2016!:carrot:

Have you decided enough is enough and it's time to change your life to become a healthier, happier person? Did you kick all sorts of a$$ in 2015 and want to continue your reign of epicness into 2016? Did you do well leading up to Christmas, let yourself go a bit and want to lose some regain weight? Look no further, this challenge is for you! Let's start the new year the right way, by being mindful and treating our bodies with the respect they deserve. We can make 2016 the year that we reach our goals!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by the end of the challenge and feel healthier and happier than ever. If you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, you win a shiny badge to put in your signature. You can also win a badge if you stay accountable and weigh in every week. Check out the badges:

• You can join this challenge at any time up until the final 2 weeks of the challenge!!
  • -->Click here to access the spreadsheet used to document your weigh ins!<--
  • READ THIS. This is important. If you've skipped ahead and gone into the spreadsheet and tried to enter your information, you're probably thinking "huh, why is there an error message popping up?" That's because most of the sheet is locked. You need to post in the thread to say you want to join the challenge and I will input the data for you.
  • When posting in the thread to say you wish to join: provide the starting weight you are at now, your current weight and your goal weight. I will input your information into the spreadsheet. Optional: if you know the weight you were at in previous weeks then tell me what those weights were and I will input that information for you too - the more info the better!
  • This is also important! Week by week I will post a link to a submission form for you to enter your weight. I will update my signature with the link since I'm a regular poster across the threads just to make it easier for you to find. Please submit your weight on ANY DAY between Monday - Sunday. See below for more info on this.
  • Have a G-mail account and want to have access to the entire sheet without messing around with the form? Then PM me your g-mail email address and I will invite you to the spreadsheet so you have complete access. Please note I will only invite members who have been on 3FC for a while or who I can see post regularly.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all. Charts are Top 15 biggest losers only!
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in. If you have a week that you know you won't weigh in ahead of time - let me know and I'll insert the note for you.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better. Let me know your missing weights and I'll input them myself.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! Just submit your weight again using the same form, no problems.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! The 20-something thread is the most active in these challenges, please feel free to drop by no matter how old you are. We honestly wouldn't know the difference even if you're not in your 20's!

:carrot::cb:Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins January 4th 2016!!:cb::carrot:

curvynotlumpy 12-27-2015 11:31 PM

Hi Riestrella! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the holidays. I was wondering what you had up your sleeve to kick off the new year. Thanks for getting us started. This new challenge couldn't have happened at a better time. I signed up for half-marathon training that begins January 9 so whether you're prayerful or a thinker of good thoughts, send them my way. This former, currently out of shape runner needs all the positive thoughts I can get!

mothermavis 12-28-2015 09:21 AM

Joining if that's OK! I am way older than 20-something. Actually, my kids are 20-somethings.

Curvy, I just signed up for a half at the end of April! Good luck with your training!

Riestrella, looking forward to the challenge!

Koshinogi 12-28-2015 10:55 AM

Heya all, hope everyone had a fab christmas and pcoming new year! looking forward to getting back to it! So far no weight gain over christmas but will update the board on the first so I know my true starting weight for this challenge. Good luck everyone!

curvynotlumpy 12-28-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothermavis (Post 5224677)
Joining if that's OK! I am way older than 20-something. Actually, my kids are 20-somethings.

Curvy, I just signed up for a half at the end of April! Good luck with your training!

:wave: mothermavis! I turned 47 in November but my spirit is still in its 20s That counts, right? RIGHT??!! :rofl:

:bravo: on committing to a 1/2 marathon! What a great way to begin the New Year :hat:. If you don't mind I will consider you my virtual partner in crime ;). This will be a new experience for me as I've never trained with a group. Just a few short years ago I was running 3-4 times per week and had completed several 5 an 10ks. Lots of life has happened since then. Still, I'm excited by the challenge. While this is 1/2 marathon training I've registered for the Portland 15K (10 miles) Shamrock Run.

Here's to strong legs and productive runs!

Riestrella 12-28-2015 03:06 PM

curvy - Why, of course! I pretty much have the next years worth of challenges already planned!! I had a wonderful Christmas, thank you for asking :). I hope you had a lovely holiday also. Wow, well done for signing up for a half marathon! I've only ever run 10K's, the last one really took it out of me and I actually became a bit disenchanted with running afterwards. I wanted to do a half, but on my first run of training I injured my right knee badly and struggled to run the 10K so took a hiatus from running because of it. But having a race lined up really helped with my weight loss in the past, I'm sure it'll do the same for you. You can do it!

mothermavis - The challenge is spread out over 3 forums, Chicks up for a Challenge, 20-somethings and 100 lb club. So there's absolutely no issue with you not being a 20-something in this forum, not that there would be in the 20-something thread - there's a couple of people who aren't in their 20's who like to post there! Welcome, welcome :). Congrats on signing up for a half, what brilliant motivation for you!

Koshinogi - Welcome back, great to see you! I had a wonderful Christmas, my first away from home, was expecting to be a bit sad but actually had a brilliant time. Hope you have a great New Year!

Riestrella 12-28-2015 04:42 PM

Badges have been added, hope you like them!

Smilingin2013 12-28-2015 05:26 PM

Thanks Riestrella ....... I have decided enough is enough - determined to keep trying and to weigh in each week ........ -:)

Bobbolink 12-28-2015 05:31 PM

If I read the instructions correctly, the challenge starts Jan 4 or does it end Jan 4th?

Riestrella 12-28-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 5224800)
If I read the instructions correctly, the challenge starts Jan 4?

Starting Weights are inputted this week, then the challenge begins January 4th :)

Mom2threeACG 12-28-2015 07:32 PM

How can I join, I'm "new" again to 3FC and I was going to participate in a challenge on FB, but it came with strings attached and the creator basically told me today that unless I bought the specific products included , they'd have to squeeze me in.. Anyway, all I was looking for was support and people in the same boat as me.. I just want to get healthier. I'm not going to sugarcoat it anymore, I'm not overweight, Honestly I am just fat. Today was my absolute highest weight ever, I'm frustrated and ready to stop making excuses. Anyway I just wanted to see how to join your challenge group.. Thanks in advance!

mothermavis 12-28-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy (Post 5224746)
:wave: mothermavis! I turned 47 in November but my spirit is still in its 20s That counts, right? RIGHT??!! :rofl:

:bravo: on committing to a 1/2 marathon! What a great way to begin the New Year :hat:. If you don't mind I will consider you my virtual partner in crime ;). This will be a new experience for me as I've never trained with a group. Just a few short years ago I was running 3-4 times per week and had completed several 5 an 10ks. Lots of life has happened since then. Still, I'm excited by the challenge. While this is 1/2 marathon training I've registered for the Portland 15K (10 miles) Shamrock Run.

Here's to strong legs and productive runs!

Curvy, I'd love to partner up! I actually ran a 15k in July and a half in September, but my time was crap, so I am working on getting stronger and faster. I had to have my knee fixed last winter, so am trying to strengthen that. I've trained with a group and find it to be awesome, It's hard to blow it off if someone is waiting for you!

merowi2 12-28-2015 07:51 PM

I'm in thankyou,I really want to hit my 20lb goal this year.I have been at this uncomfortable weight for 3 yrs now

munchey 12-28-2015 10:28 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...0YEAR/ny98.gif

I'm in and I've entered my stats on the spreadsheet. I'm not quite ready to face measurements yet.

Thanks Riestrella for coordinating this challenge.

Riestrella 12-29-2015 11:25 AM

Welcome all newcomers! Glad to see you!

Mom2three - All the rules are in the first post of the thread, read them carefully and you'll be up to speed!