Old 01-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #211  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower1 View Post
Riestrella - what weigh-in app are you using?
Sorry, just saw this! I use an app called RecStyle (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uit.mtl.beslim)

It's not super flashy, but it does the job and I like that you can export the data
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2threeACG View Post
You make such a good point with the Biggest loser observation. My mom and sister, neither who have been very athletic before they gained their weight, both are not a smooth heavy ( if that makes sense) and have had a **** of a time trying to lose it. To the point that they just don't care anymore. Me, I've always had an athletic build, even if I didn't really do a lot of athletics. I have great muscle memory and one I actually start working those muscles, it's like they just come right back. Now this is my challenge this time. This is THE heaviest I've ever been, I started working out using the weights again, and I've seen a small improvement with inches, not so much on the scale, so I'm wondering if this time it'll be as "easy" ( easy being it took 6 +months to lose almost 40 lbs last time lol) as it was last time, once the weight started falling off. I'm definitely a "firm" fat, it's hard to explain, but it's not the wobbly fat, which I think is even more annoying b/c I can't see the problem, as much as I should. I hope this makes sense. Anyway lol, great observation lol.

Sorry for rambling, I've been sick a few days, I think it's just about eaten my brain lol.

Mom2threeACG:
I can relate to what you are talking about. Hopefully you will reach your goal as easily as you did last time.

I think there is a lot that factors into how we look with extra wt., how we look after we lose it and how fast we lose it. I think it gets harder for most the older we get and I believe post menopause can make things more challenging.

My frame of mind right now is, "There is not time like now". It will most likely never be easier and why waste anymore of my life being fat and embarrassed about how I look. As we have seen recently with a chain of famous people dying, it proves we all have a limited amount of time and even fame and fortune can't change that.

munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #213  

RIESTRELLA:

Your story about going to the movies reinforced my strategy of going at off times, when the audience is small and you can easily move away from an annoyance. Nothing worse than having others ruin your movie watching experience.

Last edited by munchey; 01-19-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Hi Riestrella,

You've changed your avatar! It's lovely but, then again, so was your old one

I have a question, I don't see my stats in any of the charts weeks 1 & 2 but my stats are in the spreadsheet. Am I doing something incorrectly? I do have the spreadsheet bookmarked.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-19-2016 at 05:40 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Hi everyone! I'm still struggling with temptation of stress eating, but so far I am doing better at resisting. They are trying to get a weight watcher group started at work, but I have never done it before. I am trying to decide if it is something I should try it. I know they just switched to a plan called SmartPoints.

MARA:
A lot of people like Weight Watchers and find their point system easy to use. If you don't choose to count calories, it can be beneficial to learn about the calorie content of the things you eat. It can be very enlightening.

I'm a stress eater, so that is something we stress eaters have to get a handle on in order to be successful. I've found exercise and guided meditation helpful to me. Counseling has helped channel me in a better direction, after the death of both my parents and an estrangement from my sister.

Have you found any tools for stress reduction?

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-19-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:17 PM   #216  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

munchey - we go on Monday's since that's the BF's day off, we completely spaced that it was MLK day

curvy - thanks! Thought it's about time I updated it, the old pic was 7 years old! Charts are top 15 biggest losers.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Ah, that explains it! I thought everyone's stats were posted each week. No worries; just glad I wasn't overlooking something. Many thanks for your quick reply
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:32 PM   #218  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
Ah, that explains it! I thought everyone's stats were posted each week. No worries; just glad I wasn't overlooking something. Many thanks for your quick reply
Usually everyone fits in the forum charts but the challenge is so big this year!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-19-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #219  

Sharing a little humor.

Munchey
Old 01-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Munchey! I do count calories. I use the myfitnesspal app. That is how I lost the first 50 pounds. i know what I should do, I just got to where I got lazy about it after my surgery. I found that walking and running helped me with my stress. It is just hard to find the time right now, but that is no excuse for making poor eating choices. I'm lucky that I haven't put on all the weight I lost. I've started by trying to eliminate soda from my diet. I went from having it once a week as a treat to every day again. When I'm stressed I go for Dr. Pepper.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #221  

MARA:
Are you drinking the Diet Dr. Pepper or the regular? I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper addict. I used to drink way too much before I started drinking coffee in the morning. Right now, I usually have one Diet Dr. Pepper a day and on occasion, two. Some people say we shouldn't even drink the diet drinks, but if I didn't drink a diet beverage occasionally, I'd be consuming or drinking something else that I shouldn't.

My struggle has generally been "all or nothing", so limiting my consumption or drinking of something is far better for me than totally removing diet drinks from my diet. From that prospective, I can see if someone really hates the diet version of something, that they allow theirself to have an occasional treat.

If you are drinking the regular, consider switching to the Diet version. I don't like the caffeine free, but the Diet Dr. Pepper with caffeine is the only variety I like. Guess, sugary beverages have been on my no no list from a very early age. I'd just rather not drink my calories, but we all have or own treats.

For some reason, I like to drink diet Dr. Pepper along with eating pineapple. It tantalizes my taste buds. We all taste things differently. Someone else might hate the combo, but I really like the combo and the way it makes the Diet Dr. Pepper taste.

Munchey
Old 01-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #222  
~Kim~

Everyone is doing great so far! Week 2 got completely messed up for me thanks to TOM. Hoping this weeks weigh in on Friday will be much prettier.

Question Riestrella. I found the challenge in the 100lb club, but that thread isn't so chatty. Would it be ok to change my forum to Chicks Up For A Challenge on the spreadsheet so I can be included in the chart here? And love your new picture!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #223  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDimples View Post
Everyone is doing great so far! Week 2 got completely messed up for me thanks to TOM. Hoping this weeks weigh in on Friday will be much prettier.

Question Riestrella. I found the challenge in the 100lb club, but that thread isn't so chatty. Would it be ok to change my forum to Chicks Up For A Challenge on the spreadsheet so I can be included in the chart here? And love your new picture!
Sure, just change your forum in the spreadsheet to Chicks up for a Challenge and you'll get added to the chart here if you make it to the top 15!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Hello! The weeks of the challenge run by specific dates, not by the weeks that you joined. You didn't weigh in during the week 1 period but you did weigh in week 2 at 189 lbs, which is what's showing on the week 2 charts. For the week 3 chart your 6.5 lb drop will be shown .
Ah, thank you. All is clear now.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Looks like everyone is doing great so far! I had a bad week, sinus and ear infection threw me out of the game, at least for exercise. It was nice, albeit hard, getting back in the groove today, but happy I did! I still haven't lost lbs, but I lost another round of inches this week so I can't wait to see how much I achieve next week! I'm glad this is a longer challenge than my 21 day fix challenge group, it will keep me motivated and ready to do it for me! So glad I have you all here for support!
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote