Old 01-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #271  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Vehuel and equinechick61 - are you trying to post in any other column besides the one labelled "Wk 4 1/25"? The way this challenge works is you post your weight within a weeks time. From 1/25 to 1/31 (Monday thru Sunday) for this week. That gives you 7 days of weighing to post whichever weight you want to use during that time period. I was posting my lowest, but then like Rie I was disappointed I did not get below that weight the next week, so I started averaging my 7 weigh-ins for that entire week period.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:48 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Katiam, that's a good idea to average your weight for the week. I tend to enter on Sunday, the last day, and use my lowest weight for the week, which in this instance, isn't good. LOL

If I lived alone I would probably use my own suggestion of shopping with the calculator but for financial reasons, to see how much money I could save by not buying foods that aren't needed. I can't do it now because DH eats a lot of snack foods. I just have to be extremely diligent and stay away from them. I do pretty good with it, but my problem is just too much food. Even healthy food will cause a gain if you eat too much of it.

I think this new set up for the spreadsheet is good. It limits what they can mess up. I remember when I first signed up I had no clue what I was doing and messed it up a couple times and had to PM Rie to have her fix it. One time I tried to fix it myself and things just went from bad to worse. Now I've learned to enter my weight and then get the heck out of there!! LOL

I have noticed that a few people have already posted their weight for week 2/1. How did they do that when it's locked?

So many people are doing great! I'm just spinning my wheels. But it's not over til it's over and I still have time to get in gear.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-31-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday everyone

I tried posting before I looked at the posts. No wonder I couldn't add anything (not even this week) so I blamed the internet in Mexico (unreliable and slow) and the error message was in spanish so I had no idea what it said and PM'd Munchie to add. Glad to know it's not just me and mean people suck. It's definately not one of us.

No change this week again. We have been meeting up with people who are in town and are again this week.

I'm going to rant a bit today, I'm not getting a lot of help from my husband. In fact he is impeding my progress intentionally. Not sure why. I won't get into specific details but at least once a day I have to remind him that I am trying to lose weight. I find this quite frustrating to say the least. We don't like having too many left overs as we end up eating out a lot and so they just go in the garbage so his first comment is "no left overs" when the meal comes to the table but I'm going to start leaving left overs. I'm getting really tired of this weight no coming off. I need to have more self control in the ability to say no. I did get him to stop cooking pasta so much - yeah!

Sorry for the rant. I'm frustrated and TOM is coming soon so I'm getting a bit cranky. Good luck to everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #274  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quick post - (on my phone) - The week runs from Monday to Sunday as stated in the dates listed at the top of the spreadsheet and as written in the rules on page 1 of the thread. Some people weighed in 2 days early which is why they got in next week's weight already
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:03 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Ohhhh.... this makes sense now. Okay, so ignore the 3lb thing. Hopefully I can improve on it. I wondered why my own figures were a bit out. Will weigh over the next few days, choose a mid-point and post it. Thanks. I thought the date at the top was a "week ends by" not a " week starts from". Now I get it.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:36 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Riestrella - Good idea to freeze the spreadsheet cells!

Katiam247 - "We" don't have to have a challenge. I will just challenge myself by following your lead!

Munchey - I am watching the fit to fat to fit. I commend the trainers for trying. But I don't think they can really understand the underlying emotional issues that fatter people have that got them where they are. These trainers just can't wait to get back to their regular life! For us we are leaving our regular life. What do you think?
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:57 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Looks like locking down all but one column will be a good thing. Now we will all be forced to be on the same page and use the correct column.

I think most of us have filled in the "Week Beginning" column by Monday of that week. I have to admit that I was one of the confused ones who didn't read the rules thoroughly and made that assumption. I've been in other challenges where the date was the weigh-in date and just assumed incorrectly.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:10 PM   #278  

I agree with you Kris. Someone who never had a weight problem will never understand IMO. Those trainers can let their bodies go to pot, so to speak, but because they have been so fit for all this time, they can easily get it back without much effort.

Look at those people who used McDonald's to prove a point. One ate McDonalds constantly and gained a lot of weight, but another one used McDonald's to prove that you could eat their food and not gain weight.

Wanttochange
, I also have DH issues. So many of them I have just had to learn to work around. In some ways it has made me stronger. He buys a lot of bakery items and salty snacks. I have learned to ignore them. It took some time, and I will still occasionally have a "bite" of something. As far as leftovers, if you don't want to finish your meal when you eat out, just ignore his comments. He might not like it the first few times but when he sees that you have your mind made up to stick to it he will get used to it. At least that's the way it has worked with my DH. He told me that just because I can't eat cakes, cookies, chips, doesn't mean he has to do without. And it's true. For the rest of my life these foods are going to present themselves at parties and get-togethers, sometimes at work, and I have to be the one to know how to say no. It's better to throw those leftovers away than to eat them.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #279  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
I am watching the fit to fat to fit. I commend the trainers for trying. But I don't think they can really understand the underlying emotional issues that fatter people have that got them where they are. These trainers just can't wait to get back to their regular life! For us we are leaving our regular life. What do you think?

KRIS2008:
Most trainers will never fully understand the root cause that each person has to deal with. That can be different for each person and would be impossible for them to experience. I think the 2 trainers I saw in the first two episodes, did gain some valuable experience that gave them some degree of empathy for their clients.

What I did see, was that the trainers experienced some depression, drop in self esteem, lack of momentum and some difficulty in resuming their exercise program.

They will never experience the same degree of difficulty that most overweight people have. Most of them have the drive to keep fit, stay on a stable food plan and not turn to food for stress relief. I'm sure there are some trainers who have struggled to some degree at some point in their life.

I'm aware that Jillian Michaels was overweight when she was younger and has struggled with thyroid issues.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 01-31-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #280  

WantToChange:
I love pasta and haven't made any for approx. 5 months. I've grown fond of spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce on it. Sometimes I add some ground turkey and a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on it.

Munchey
Old 01-31-2016, 01:40 PM   #281  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Please check out the new rules:

Before Joining, Please Read ALL the Rules! Trust me you really need to!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • -->Click here to access the spreadsheet used to document your weigh ins!<--
  • READ THIS. This is important. If you've skipped ahead and gone into the spreadsheet and tried to enter your information, you're probably thinking "huh, why is there an error message popping up?" That's because most of the sheet is locked. You need to post in the thread to say you want to join the challenge and I will input the data for you.
  • When posting in the thread to say you wish to join: provide the starting weight you are at now, your current weight and your goal weight. I will input your information into the spreadsheet. Optional: if you know the weight you were at in previous weeks then tell me what those weights were and I will input that information for you too - the more info the better!
  • This is also important! The current week will be unlocked for you to enter your data. This is the part you have control over! Please post your own weekly weights after you've joined to give me one less thing to do . The column will be open for editing between Monday through Sunday. After that the next column will become available for you to edit.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all. Charts are Top 15 biggest losers only!
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in. If you have a week that you know you won't weigh in ahead of time - let me know and I'll insert the note for you.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-31-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:04 PM   #282  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I think this new set up for the spreadsheet is good. It limits what they can mess up.

So many people are doing great! I'm just spinning my wheels. But it's not over til it's over and I still have time to get in gear.
Riestrella and thread chicks, Thank YOU for not giving up because one person is messing with us. I too, hope they get a life soon.

Wannabe, Your last sentence hit a nerve as after losing several times during this challenge, I've gained it back. I feel like I am spinning my wheels also, so am challenging myself to not eat after supper(one step at a time). You give me courage to keep trying. TY.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:02 PM   #283  

Workinglikeadog, please read the new quote I just added to my siggy, about making a new ending. I'm glad my statement was encouraging to you.

Not eating after supper is hard after doing it for so many years, and now, I do have to have a small snack at bedtime because of my diabetes, but it's a big difference from night-time snacking as we know it.

Riestrella, it's such a shame that we have to go to these extremes because of some person who can't stand it when someone has something nice. I appreciate the effort you are taking to make this work for us, and I'm sure I speak for everyone here.

Munchy, I made my observations about fitness trainers without have actually watched the show and that was not fair. I should not have grouped them all together, as people are all different and there are probably a lot of trainers who didn't deserve my harsh comments.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:27 PM   #284  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
...night-time snacking as we know it...

That phrase tickled my funny bone! Don't know why.

I've been doing well with closing the kitchen at 8, and by "kitchen" I mean "my mouth", and the weight loss is going better. The fact that I have weight loss at all is an improvement. If it's past 8 and I'm a little hungry, I just have some water and go to bed. Hunger does not wake me up at night--the full bladder does, tho!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:28 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Hi all.

Happy Sunday to you. Munchey, I'm hoping you can help a girl out. I'm fighting a stomach bug and reading quickly (and then trying the spreadsheet) I know the Google doc saboteur is back. Don't know how well I'll feel tomorrow as I've been sleeping most of the day but will you please enter 204 as my current weight. I'm positive it's not my real weight as I've emptied all previous contents and sipping water when I can.

I'll check back in when I can. Congratulations to all of us for hanging in there.

Thanks for your help.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote