Old 02-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #301  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberGinger View Post
OK - sorry. I read it all but didn't know (maybe I missed that?) that I couldn't join unless I have been on a while. I understand.
Maybe you should read it again
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #302  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Hump Day everyone, we got 7" snow here in Minnesota yesterday. Yipee!!!!!!!!!
I've been eating really clean this week because the scale hasn't moved. I'm a every day weigher, makes me work harder if the scale hasn't moved and energizes me if it does.
I've been eating apples and oranges after supper for my sweet treat. I use my cinnamon/sugar shaker on my apples slices so they aren't so boring. I use stevia for everything but my shaker, instead I use Xylo Sweet and cinnamon. Big different in texture, Xylo looks and taste just like sugar, has a granular texture like sugar and not powdery.
Our local grocer had Cara Cara oranges on sale, these are the best I've ever tasted, very sweet and juicy, hardly no membrane between slices and red pulp.
Look for them in your local grocer, very good.
I'm finished with supper and off to put my PJ's on, glad nobody comes to visit after supper or I'd be embarrassed.
Have a great Thursday everyone.

Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #303  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Bobbi - congrats on eating clean this week. Your body will appreciate it!! There's nothing better than a good piece of fruit! I have been enjoying Halos while the price is still affordable. Love the easy peeling and no seeds!

I finally got my recumbent bike put together and road for 15 mins today. I figure since I haven't been able to exercise in a while, I would start slow and build up time and speed. Feels good to finally use some muscles! Tomorrow may be a different story. Lol
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

How is everyone doing so far this week?
I have not been reaching my exercise goals/expectations this week, but I have been doing well staying within my calorie maximum. I need to get my butt in gear with exercise though, because this weekend I will probably eat more than I should since its the Superbowl.

Bobbolink: Great job on clean eating this week!

Kat: When I started going back to the gym recently, I made sure to build up my time as well. Good luck as you continue to work your muscles!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:32 AM   #305  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Soooo, thanks to a great idea from The Librarian I'm going to now have you guys submit your weights via a very useful form! I PROMISE this is the last time I'll change the rules on you guys. I know it's been super frustrating to have to re-learn the rules, but I pinky promise this is it. I'm sure you can all guess why it's come to this so I won't waste my breath.

From here on out I will post a weekly form for you guys to submit your weekly weigh ins! It's super easy to fill out, just enter your 3FC username, this weeks weight and hit submit! I will then read your answers and submit your weights.

If you have a gmail account, please PM me your email address and I can add you as a contributor to the spreadsheet. This means you don't have to bother with the weekly form.

-->Click here to submit your Week 5 Weight!<--
Old 02-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #306  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Now that that's all taken care of I feel like I can really sit back and not worry so much about the challenge! Thank you all for your continued support, it really does mean a lot when I'm changing things up all the time on you guys and you still stick around. Especially when the challenge used to be so simple...click here...enter weight...done. Oh well, we won! You guys are delightful bunch of gum drop squirrels.

So I'm feeling SO MUCH HAPPIER today. It's made me realise just how down I've been feeling lately, like holy sadness, Batman. I hope it keeps up. I think I need to make a point of getting out of the house and just doing stuff, even if it's just going to buy a singular grape from the store. Sometimes I need to coop myself in my nest but too much of it makes me feel depressed and I don't even realise it.

I got out and went to a Barre class this morning and it really helped! Just being out the house, around people again (not that I have friends there but just being in proximity of other people!) and working out really worked wonders. I went to the store and bought some much needed healthy snacks. My goal for the week is to stop eating chips with lunch - not necessary and just empty calories! So I got some carrots, cucumber, hummus and some whole grain wraps to use for lunch instead of bread.

I did buy a chai tea latte from Starbucks but shh...I only had a banana for breakfast and I wanted it...

Today I'm going to take advantage of my good mood and tidy our area of the house, do some laundry, get back into my editing work and then do one of my hobbies tonight when I'm done.

Oh yeah - big bosomed ladies, where do you shop for your bras? I've looked into size conversion from UK to US and apparently I'm a 34 DDDD/G. Does quadruple D really exist over here?

---------------------

Bobbi - We've got a lot of snow here in Colorado too, but not snow good enough for a snow man . What are you talking about? PJ's are the best! Don't feel shame . You know I heard that eating fruit after a certain time can affect your weight loss. Something about the way your body will process the sugar in them. Here's where I found this information

katiam - Woohoo, well done on getting on the bike! I always like to use the 10% rule - increase the length or intensity of your workouts by 10% each week. You'll avoid injury this way!

Minerva - Colorado is going Broncos crazy right now! Good luck trying to kick start exercise, you can do it.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:58 PM   #307  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rie...thanks for the tip on eating fruit after supper, I'll quit. I just feel like I need something sweet that apples/oranges took care of my cravings. The video was very enlightening. I'll just eat my Puff Popcorn from now on to see if I can get rid of the last 3-4 pounds.
Thanks for the two thumbs up I received too.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #308  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Bobbi - Maybe move your sugar treat to after or before lunch? I'm sure your "sugar clock" will move itself back after a few weeks. I think our minds are stubborn but eventually will give in. I used to crave orange juice with breakfast, now I don't even have a single thought about it after giving it up and switching it for green tea!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:12 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello! I would like to join this challenge. I want to get rid of my holiday weight plus some. Lately, I am feeling tired and stressed with work, family and other things. When I feel this way I automatically want to eat sugar and carbs. This week I plan to make a big effort to get off the junk food and begin exercising again. I have a walking buddy who will walk with me. I just have to get started.

Here is my info.
User name: magistra17
Forum: Chicks up for a Challenge
Starting weight: 195.6
Current weight: 195.6
Goal weight: 190

Can you please add me? Thank you!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #310  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistra17 View Post
Hello! I would like to join this challenge. I want to get rid of my holiday weight plus some. Lately, I am feeling tired and stressed with work, family and other things. When I feel this way I automatically want to eat sugar and carbs. This week I plan to make a big effort to get off the junk food and begin exercising again. I have a walking buddy who will walk with me. I just have to get started.

Here is my info.
User name: magistra17
Forum: Chicks up for a Challenge
Starting weight: 195.6
Current weight: 195.6
Goal weight: 190

Can you please add me? Thank you!
Welcome! You've been added
Old 02-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #311  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I like that this is such a big, bouncy thread!!

Speak of which :wink: I haven't come across 34DDDD but when I googled 34G, there seemed to be a lot of stores that stocked them. Bravissimo, for example.

I'm quite pleased with my bosoms at the moment. I was wearing 48C in June, then after about 6 months loss got measured, and was flabbergasted to find I was a 38F. Smaller band and bigger boobs felt so much more flattering than bigger band and smaller boobs. Same measurer (House of Fraser) now has me in a 36E. It's nice to have found someone I can trust as I continue to lose.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #312  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I overate slightly and didn't drink enough water so I'm up this morning to 167.2 lbs. I'm also coming onto my period so I'm trying not to get too down on myself about it, though it is annoying seeing myself get heavier and heavier when I really want to lose! BUT it's down to my actions since I'm getting sloppy with calorie counting so I really need to up my game there. I've been doing well with not eating chips with dinner though, that's a huge plus! I've gotten into such a routine with it that my brain assumes there's going to be something with lunch so it's been a little struggle but I've powered through. I'm really enjoying having turkey wraps again - it feels so much lighter than a traditional sandwich even though I use the same fillings.

I think cutting out an extra portion with lunch is highlighting how important it is to wait for your food to digest. I have such a huge problem with eating too fast then before I know it I'm really full. I remember reading a book called "The Japan Diet" that was essentially focusing on eating slowly, taking small sips of water in between bites, putting down the utensils in between bites as well and then stopping when you feel full. Also eating things in small portions to help with this, so when ordering from a restaurant ask for a small plate and take food off the main plate and put it on the small plate and eat from that. Then of course there's the emphasis on vegetables and protein vs. grains! I need to work on these things.

Today I did a Zumba class which was a lot of fun. The teacher is just so happy and oozes confidence, I quite envy her! Confidence is something I really need to work on since I've always been lacking it when I think about what I look like if that makes sense? I'm a bubbly person who can talk and make friends and be a goof, so it takes a certain amount of confidence to do that, but when I start thinking about my body and the way I look I can really withdraw. Even today at the Zumba class she turned to me and said "Let go!!" because I obviously was thinking about how my boobs might jiggle if I did a certain move rather than just doing it and having fun and caring.

------------

Rosinante - I see you live in the UK, which is where I'm from, my question was aimed at people in the US (should've made it clear) since I moved here last year and haven't gone bra shopping here yet!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #313  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Got on the recumbent again today and had to push myself a little. I took a break from it yesterday and glad I did because after a couple of minutes, I could feel where I worked out Wed. I did set the tension a bit higher. Will probably be sore tomorrow.

Rie - hope you can start on your list to help you start losing again, even if it's one item on the list. They say seven days to make it a habit (well, Benjamin Franklin says).

Rosinante - good you are happy with your chest keeping up with your weight loss. Me on the other hand am going back to what I had before, but with gravity not helping at all!! Happens with age, but I am just happy to be so much smaller everywhere than I was last year at this time!

Last edited by katiam247; 02-05-2016 at 07:35 PM.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:14 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi all

lost 3lb last week and 2lb this week. I have added them together for the spreadsheet entry as I had a massive brain-fart about the rules and got a week behind somehow - mainly because I thought the date on the sheet was week-ending and not week-starting. This 5lb should sort that and put me back on track. I've rounded the figure down a teeny-tiny bit as I always round down the pound or half pound (it all evens out in the end).
Happy losing everyone! x
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #315  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Don't you just love it when you stay on plan and you lose a bit of weight? I really do just need to buckle down and stay within my calorie range and everything will be fine. It's how I lost so much weight back when I first joined, I just need to DO IT! Nevertheless, I felt really inspired this morning, it was just one of those moments that made me think "...alright, point taken, let's keep doing this".

Yesterday I ate below my calorie limit, which I've actually decreased to 1200 calories because I add calories I exercise and eat back half of them. If I don't eat back any of the calories that I burn during exercise then I become a monster, so I settle with half since I can never completely trust the calories burned estimates that MFP gives. I went with 1200 since that's apparently what I should be eating to lose 1.5 lbs a week but as I said I don't completely trust the calories burned so I'm hoping this will create a deficit that way.

I went out last night and no, I didn't eat healthy but I didn't go over my calories either - which has always been a huge deal for me! I had a couple of chicken wings, a couple of carrots that was served with the wings (but I didn't dip them in sauce) and a handful of fries and guac. The most important thing was that I really slowed the pace of my eating, I ate a wing...paused...then ate a carrot...waited...etc. I think this really helped with my portion control! Usually I'm just focused on my own plate but because we were all sharing it really made me slow down and not pork on all the food to myself.
I did have a couple of cokes (the glass was completely full of ice too which I like since it dilutes it) and then went to get a slice of cheesecake that I only ate half of. So yeah, I'm not gonna sit here and say that I was super great last night since I did eat badly, but despite the TYPE of food I ate I was 1.4 lbs down this morning, so I'm down to 165.8 lbs making my weekly average around 166 lbs. I know full well that eating so much sugary goodness is not going to get me to my goal - but baby steps!

Today I did a circuit training "class" which wasn't so much a class since the instructor was off sick and we essentially worked out ourselves! They set up the stations for us and we times ourselves and helped each other, it was nice but without an instructor I didn't feel as pushed to do my best. Tonight I'm gonna go out with another friend, I'm gonna make sure that I eat healthier tonight and don't drink soda with my meal but stick to water.

----------------

katiam - Yup, I remember I did a pyramid challenge a while back that didn't really take off since it involved a lot of preparation to join, but it was essentially making a list of around 5-10 goals and spending 1-5 weeks on each goal before moving on to the next. The lower down on the list it was, the more time you had to spend on it. I need to incorporate that back! Good job on the workout

Vehuel - Congrats on the loss!