Old 03-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #286  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

I don't wish bad things on anyone, but I feel better that I'm not the only one struggling. I'm almost back to my start weight for this challenge. I'm hoping to do better this week, and am hoping my body cooperates since I have been retaining fluid.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #287  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! I'm so glad to see so many of us sticking with the challenge! It's really, really helping me stay on track. This week, for instance, I worked really hard to catch up so I could stay on track with my challenge goal; without it, I'd probably just end up telling myself a few off weeks don't count or adjusting my goal to make up for the lost time. It's so rewarding to be able to acknowledge that I've stayed on plan and can still make the goal I'm working toward!

I am having some struggles with food choices, though, so I'm going to start a new thread on that so I can get advice from people across the forum.

Lovemydoggies, sorry about your gain, but like you said, at least you knocked off most of that vacation weight

Calmeida, I'm not on WW anymore, but when I was a few years ago I found that my weight loss was unimpressive when I was eating salty foods rather than less salty things when the point values were the same and when I wasn't drinking enough water. Could you maybe be holding onto water weight? When I exercise, I have to drink a TON of water even regardless of food choices.

kandd, you are kicking serious butt with the exercise! I'm impressed! I can't wait until it stops raining here so I can get my butt back on my bike.

Berryblonde and stlrsgrl, awesome job this week!!

To everyone else, I hope you have an awesome rest of your week!!

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 03-20-2012 at 10:56 PM.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #288  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

I just found out yesterday that my sis has breast cancer .. i know im an emotional eater .. well binger .. but im going to try to not let this cause me to slip into bad habits .. i definitely dont want to use what has happened to my sister as a reason to screw this journey up ... when my nephew lost his battle with leukemia a few years ago it put me into a tail spin so I piled on the weight I had worked so hard to lose .. and then I got angry at myself for using his death as a reason to do something I had control over .... so lessons learned .. hopefully not to be repeated .. but I would just like to say thank you for this challenge to keep me focused .. it may slow me down a little .. but it wont stop me trying

Keep up the great work ladies .. remember you only fail when you stop and let it beat you
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #289  

Height: 5'6.5"

Having a bit of a pity party for myself today - really wish I had keep that scale hidden....

GettinFit - Thanks! Unfortunately we are not the dancing/clubbing type - but we are the type to spend all day walking around a port. My current plan is to workout everyday (like maybe 20 mins on the elliptical, nothing too much) and have a VERY healthy breakfast and lunch and then eat whatever I want at dinner. Also, no snacking.....oh and no elevators! Hopefully I don't come back with too much gain. What cruiseline do you usually go on? We're Royal Caribbean nuts We're booking another one while onboard for my "weightloss goal bonus cruise" for next year.

Nightkatt - Big hugs to you.....as long as you are aware of your emotional eating issues, you can start noticing when you are slipping. The heaviest I ever got was during my Dad's sickness (and then death) - it's so easy to eat the sorrow away. You'll be stronger for your sister and yourself if you stay healthy during the process

Peggy - I have been pretty stuck for 2.5 weeks now as well....it's frustrating, but since this is a lifestyle change for me and not a diet I have nothing to do but go on! You can do it!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in this morning 1.4 pounds down. Woohoo! I'm so excited to see a number bigger than a pound. The last few weeks of what I call "point losses" as in .2 or .4 were bothering me. I tried not to let them, but it still did. Thankfully I did not allow myself to use it as an excuse to go off plan. Rather I tightened up my eating & exercise. So yay me!

Peggy, just stick with it. You know what you need to do, the hardest part is getting started. At least that's how I feel about exercise. I hate it & don't want to do it, but once I start doing it I find I feel so much better & want to do more.

Paradise, I think you're doing great. You've lost 16 pounds since this challenge began. That's over 5% of your starting weight. That is impressive. I'm only at like 2%, but it's a loss & I'm happy for it.

Nightkatt, I don't even know what to say, but I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out good for your sister. I don't know why we find such comfort in eating, but hopefully you will find another way to cope. Hugs to you.

Laura, I love your attitude. It's so easy to get discouraged & give up, but like you said, this is a life style change. Keep up the great work & the numbers will come. You may be losing inches & gaining muscles. Have you measured yourself? I find that when I don't see the numbers I like on the scale taking measurements helps to confirm that I am losing the fat & keeps my attitude up. But nothing beats a big drop in the scale though.

Everyone else have a wonderful on plan day!
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #291  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

this is starting to get depressing. i'm only down .8 from TWO WEEKS AGO.

i know strength training can slow down weight loss but this is ridiculous.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #292  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello ladies,

Congratulations to all you losers this week!

I've had another good day OP. Seems like I'm finally back on track and I'm loving it. Now if I can just get the scale back down to where it was before I'll be a lot happier.

Mandy - Hang in there with the weights. The weight loss will catch up soon.

Have a great evening everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #293  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Yay, this morning I finally am back to me 2 week ago weight, and lost my 6lbs of vacation weight again!! Was so happy to see 160.0. Here´s hoping I keep on track this week and come up with a little loss on Monday and happily welcome the 150´s back into my life!!

Good luck the rest of the week ladies and keep up the great work!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #294  

Mandy, I know how you feel. I had a 1.4 pound loss over 4 weeks. Thankfully I finally seem to be having a whoosh. I lost 1.4 over a week at my WI yesterday & today I was down another .8 pounds. Just keep doing what you're doing. It will come.

Sarah & Gettinfit, great job with staying OP. I love to hear that kind of determination. It helps fire me up.

Have a most excellent day.
Kim
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #295  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

I can't believe it's already Thursday but I'm ready for it to be Friday.

Lovemydoggies - Congrats on making it back to 160! Look out 150s here she comes. I can't wait to get back to where I was (208). I'm slowly getting back there. I just need to stay focused and in control.

Kandd - Congrats on your loss! Glad you finally had a whoosh.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #296  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i think the problem is i'm exercising too much for my calorie intake... or not eating enough for my exercising. (never thought i'd be able to say that!)

according to my heart rate monitor i burned 965 calories at the gym last night. and i didn't do anything special. just my typical warm up-short cardio-stretch-strength-stretch-cool down workout. one hour and 45 mins pretty average workout for me, only i've been eating like my workout was burning 500 (based on the machine).
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #297  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

Hi everyone,

I am going to join this challenge very late as well! I restarted my weight loss in late september 2011 and in the first 2 months managed to lose about 15 pounds, which was fantastic! But since then I've really hit the doldrums - a 2 month plateau followed by some limpingly slow progress. Probably doesn't help that I've been less vigilant with tracking my calories as time went on and I was stuck too... Have been very good all in all though, including with exercise.

But now I have a great reason to recommit - last night we booked a 2 week vacation to the Caribbean island of Curacao - leaving on July 2. If ever there was a reason to kick it into high gear again.. . this is IT!

So I'm going to start where I am today:

CW: 253
Goal for July 2: 233

That would put me at about a pound and a half a week, which should be doable - but certainly hasn't been my history of late. In order to make it happen, I plan to increase my exercise to daily (from 4x a week), as well as to cut a further 200 cals from my budget - which will put me at 1750.

Let's get this party started!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 261/168.6/145

I got a new scale yesterday, which I really like BUT it put me at 3lbs more than my old scale. So I just went through the spreadsheet and redid all my numbers
Tontus94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #299  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tontus94 View Post
I got a new scale yesterday, which I really like BUT it put me at 3lbs more than my old scale. So I just went through the spreadsheet and redid all my numbers
Boo! I think it is possible the new scale needs to be recalibrated haha
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #300  

Mandy, be careful with thinking the machines at the gym are accurate. I always had problems with losing weight & once I bought my body bugg I really believe that a lot of it was due to the machines at the gym. I would usually get a burn of around 500-600 per hour according to the machine, but I'm seeing I really burn about half of what the machines say I burn. But I also know that eating too little isn't good for your weight loss too. Have you been tracking your calories burned/ate?

I started tracking everything hoping to determine what calorie deficit ends up working best for me to get the biggest weight loss. I still haven't figured it out yet, but am still tracking. lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Kim