Old 05-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool W.O.W.'s 4th of July Challenge Week THREE chat thread!

Since I'm here, might as well start the new thread. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY everyone! Stupid neighbors woke me up at 1 freakin am cussing and yelling and kept it up for over three hours! They are SO lucky I don't own a gun! So I've gotten no sleep and have felt crappy ALL day! But the brightside, holiday pay and a new month at the end of the week! New start people!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #2  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Shari! Sorry you didn't get any sleep...

Good day here. My neighbor made us dinner... pot roast, mashed potatoes, veggies. I did have 2 helpings... but I still think it's okay. I'll check my weight in the morning and go from there. It was too yummy to pass up!!!
My goal for this Saturday is to be down to 137 on the WW scale
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #3  

Shari - your neighbors sound like mine. Annoying isn't it? Sometimes just to be a brat I'll get up and mow at 8 am just because I know they are all sleeping and hung over because they were up all night cussing and yelling. Why do disagreements need to be solved in the middle of the street?

Treighsie - what a yummy dinner your neighbor made. That sounds good!

I've got no good weed news to report. My husband had his 50th birthday, people were in town - we had fun, but I ate too much and the only activity I got in was some gardening. SO tomorrow is a new day. All of the May stuff that seems to invite eating is over and there is nothing going on that could lead me off track until the challenge is over. I think I can still make my goal of 10 pounds by July 4.
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #4  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Hi girls!

Managed to get through the weekend okay - even despite the temptation lurking at every turn. I've really learned how to beat that urge to splurge!

Also - I bought my first size 10 pair of shorts in years! That felt really great! I was so giddy in the fitting rooms that I ran out to show DH and started jumping around singing "size 10, size 10, yaaay size 10!" I think this Beck stuff that I'm learning has really helped... and I think I'm going to make it to my July 4 goal!

Gotta go to work - hope everyone has a terrific day!

W: 100 oz
E: day off today
E: 1300 cals
D: Not to fool myself into eating food not on my plan!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #5  
One Busy Mom!

Oh no! My scales DID go up-- 2 whole pounds.. It doesn't help that it's about that time-of-month... so maybe I'm bloated too?? Ugh... and I really wanted to be at goal weight this Saturday. I will try real hard today.

W- at least one bottle
E- walk more?
E- journaling
D- eat points, or less...and journal...
Old 05-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Oops: I was trying to catch up on what I had missed and ended up posting on week 2. I hope my life starts to get back to some kind of "normal" so I don't feel like I'm losing it!

Suz- YOU GO GIRL!!! a size 10!!!

OK, off to the shower and back to life!
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everyone!!!!! Just a quick fly by post.

I hope you are all well and enjoyed the looong weekend. I'm just glad everyone's out of the house and things can get back to a semi-normal routine. Things are a bit looney around here. My youngest daughter broke her foot last week and is on crutches - What a HUGE pain in the neck.

I have made it into the 140's. Woohoo!!!! As of yesterday's weigh-in I am down to 149, having lost 3 lbs for the week.

Congrats on the size 10's Suz. How exciting!!!! Mr. Beck sounds like he's hit some kind of chord with you. When things calm down here, (will they ever?) I've got to track down that book.

Have a great day/week everybody. Healthy and ON PLAN.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #8  
same me, only less

Height: 5'8"

hello everyone!

Only 5 more lbs until I hit my fourth of July goal. today's weed-

W-48oz
E-cardio (but really not feeling it today)
E-Watch portion sizes
D-finish today's school assignment (only two more days to go!)
libchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #9  
Hunnasgirl

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Default may i join?

Hello -

I was looking for a Fourth of July challenge and was so happy to come across this one. I would love to join if I can - I need something to kick off my weight loss because I have been trying to start for a while now with little success. July 4 also happens to be my birthday and I would LOVE to be one dress size smaller by then. What and how often do I need to post?

Thanks,
Karen
hunnasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #10  
Hunnasgirl

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Okay so I did some research and figured out what the WEED was so here is my weed...

W - 128oz. per day (I know it sounds like a lot but I am used to at least 100oz per day - my body just drinks it up - thank goodness!)

E - 30 minutes of walking, 6 times a week.

E - To eat all of and ONLY my 30 WW points

D - Since I have been struggling with food for so long, I am taking it one day at a time. My goal is to stay within my points and to not allow food to control me.

My July 4th challenge goal is not a number on the scale - it is to be a size 14 (I am a TIGHT 16 now) and to be in a better relationship with food - right now, we have a dysfunctional one.
hunnasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a nice, OP holiday weekend. Sorry, as usual, for not being around much. My work schedule was hectic this past week, and this was not my weekend to work but it was my holiday to work so I had to go in Sunday night as well. But now I'm off til THURSDAY night.

We're doing a baby shower Friday afternoon for a girl from work. I'm in charge of doing the games with the prizes. Luckily we all agree that we don't want to spend too much time on games so I'll keep that part short. Any ideas for fun, original baby shower games?

I got some TERRIBLE news yesterday....my dad works in a steel plant and took a horrible fall from a high place yest morning and broke his shoulder in FOUR places, broke his wrist, two fingers and bruised some ribs. My poor daddy has lived alone since the divorce (about 10-12 years ago?) and he doesn't have anyone to take care of him! Luckily (?) he hurt his left side and he is right handed but still. So I'll be spending alot of time with him. He's not able to see the orthopaedic surgeon until tomorrow at 10 am but I imagine some pretty major surgery is in his near future. My poor daddy! He's only 49 years old~can you believe that! (I'm 31-you do the math)

DH loves his new job, but says he misses the people he used to work with. I told him he needs to give these people some time and he'll make new friends. He gets his first paycheck this week so we're excited about that.

Shari, thanks again for starting the new thread, glad you're my right hand! MWAH~ Oh yah and what's up with your neighbors! Geez! I wonder if you could have called someone, your landlord? the police? What a mess, I hope they don't act like this all the time. Did you get your pup yet?

Treighsie--breathe honey, in and out....lol nice and easy. You said it yourself. TOM, damn TOM. Just wait til next week. I'm lucky that's not a problem for me, I get the Depo shot every three months and NONE of that stuff. Though I will tell ya, sometimes I get moody, bloaty etc and think, I bet this is my TOM if I had that. But it's never regular or predictable. Plus you can't stay on that shot for more than a few years, and I'm near that, and DH is up for the big V, just gotta make the appt. Anyhoo....the neighbor's dinner sounded lovely, but isn't that an odd choice to have on Memorial day? I thought everyone was BBQ'ing.

Suz, dahling! How are ya! OH BABY! YES! Size TEN~TEN TEN! You're practically in SINGLE digits! So proud of you! I was happy to see this side of 20s~~~I'm in an 18 shorts, 16 if I don't mind not breathing! And 14-16 tops, and I'm in heaven! Of course I'm coming up out of them now that I'm putting on a bit of wt r/t this ankle, but I'm not too worried.

In fact, I think my ankle is nearly healed! I mean, I know it's NOT, but I can get through my 12 hr shifts with minimal pain and I'm not really taking the good pain pills anymore, just first thing in the morning and I'm good all day. They make me a little hyper (you would think they'd make me sleepy?)

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrszcrgsazrrrjtasdfbvnmnmye5rreeerttr etdfsfwsqtrwsqfgsafszfssee3r wsqfqaeferrrrr m b8 Excuse the interruption, Rachel wanted to write her name. anytime she sees the letter R, she thinks it says her name. Luckily Diego is on now, so she's distracted.

HI Gram, glad you're still with us, I know things have been nuts for you lately. I bet you step on the scale and will be surprised to lose some wt from the worrying and I bet you're not eating or taking care of yourself. Let us know how the gardening is going and how your dad is. What are we going to do with these DADS of ours?

Robin, I feel like I fall all over myself gushing about your wt loss success, but OMG 140s!!!!! I just continue to be AMAZED by you. You never did plateau did you! How has your health been? I remember that little hyster problem you've been putting off, have you been back to your GYN? Sorry about your daughter, obviously I know all about the irritation of crutches! Luckily, since I've been in my boot, I don't need those things, but I HATED them! I hope she's not in too much pain. A little TLC from her mama is just what she needs.

Jeni---I know you're busy! Did you have the holiday off or did you have to work? Did you get to enjoy the family and a nice steak on the grill? My kids are chomping at the bit to SWIM, they ask me every day, it just isn't that warm yet! I know, I know, indoor lessons, but still.

Luja, your husband only turns 50 one time, let it be, you had a good time, you ate a bit, so what! Sounds like you had a nice party for him. Whatta lucky guy.

Hi libchick! Sounds like you are on your way!!! Only five more pounds! Sounds totally doable to me! AWESOME! Get your homework done, young lady!

Hi hunnasgirl! Welcome here! Glad you figured out the weed thing, you'll be hooked soon enough <evil laugh here...mwahh ha ha ha> No strict rules about anything around here, just pop in when you can and keep us updated.

Shelby, WBM5 (<-----GLAD to hear from you again! Hope you are out of that funk and come back soon!), HolyTeror, Sockmonkey, BRANDY- where are you! Off riding your bike?!?!

Well gotta go check on my dad, get stuff together for the shower games, get off this computer but I'm happy to catch up with my dear friends. I hope I didnt' for get any of you....it's not personal, I blame it on the meds. LOL xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:07 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh gosh Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. That's just awful. I hope he has a swift and full recovery. I hope it goes fairly easy for him and you as well. *hugs*
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #13  
One Busy Mom!

Michelle, I'm sorry about your dad. He's lucky to have you around...

Well, I'm happy to report the scale went down 1.5 today. I really want to be at goal on Saturday at my WW weigh in

Today:

W- gotta drink a bottle, at least
E- stay on points. So far, so good.
E- no time to exercise today, school events all day and scouts tonight. So I'm just walking and getting steps in there.
D- Scouts tonight, so much to do!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

eeek michelle good luck to your pops gettin better!!

well i'm off from work this week, and i'm sitting here already pissed b/c I have to go back to my job on monday. DH is at work this week, worked til 8 last night. I've never taken time off w/o him, so it feels weird, but I *needed* this time off. my hand's been tingly for the most part. it doesn't feel much better....

first 3 days of my vacation was spent driving to, noodling in, and departing Portland Oregon. It was approx a 9 hr drive, but we stopped several times for walkin the dog time, eatin time, stretchin time. Hubby and I had a huge huge huge fight for 2 nights starting thursday about it. It was HORRIBLE. So the jerk that he is gets his way to go see his best friend from HS that he hadn't seen in oh 20 years (he told me that I needed to make the plans for the weekend, I went off shopping for stuff, and came back to discover he'd already decided where we were goin, etc)...........i am STILL tired. we got home sunday night after almost 12 hrs in the car. got a tour of his home town, got bad food (made my tummy hurt) got stuck outside of Redding, etc. Too dang long in a car for a one day visit.

The one day we were there, we hiked mulnomath falls. Beautiful waterfalls, took our poor dog up there...he's still limping...poor thing. I got exercise in that day ladies....a mile up and a mile back down. My butt still hurts LOLOLOL

I'm gonna get myself a workout in today. Missed my weigh in on monday b/c I was in a car. but with the couple of days I have left I'm going to plan good food (hubby isn't coming home for lunch) and workout. And craft

I hope you're doing well, congrats to the size 10! I don't know what I'll do when I hit size 10 (see how I've put a positive on the journey!!)
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #15  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Sorry to hear about your dad Michelle! My dad works offshore and I am always worried sick he is giong to have an accident out there. I keep trying to talk him into taking an office type job, but he says he'd rather be out on the decks with everyone else.

Well I am back on the wagon and ready to lose weight. I totally blew my WEED for May, but June is going to be my month..I can feel it.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote