Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #31  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Thank you delphi! For some reason, I always need "permission" to go easy on myself. (Although I'm really trying to get around that.)

4-6lbs
Old 07-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #32  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

dcapulet ~ When I started these monthly challenges in May, my goals were modest, like you, I just didn't want to set myself up for failure. But I tell ya, these gals pushed me and keep me pumped and I keep making my goals...I guess you could say I keep challenging myself and here I am, 41 pounds lighter.

ernurse, mamatoni, ~

merose ~ Hey girly Good to see you back for another month.

Isis ~ Hey sweetie Great to see you over here. Look forward to chatting with my fellow Tennessean..we have a few of those here.

Mountainchick ~ to the site and community and to our monthly challenge thread.

For all you new comers, if you want to keep up with the thread without having to search, you can subscribe to the thread and it will show up in your usercontrol panel or you can recieve email notifications for it as well..however, this thread is a busy one, as we get chatty and many are dedicated, so we get a lot of posts and your inbox will get plenty of mail.

Lttg ~ Good to see you back for another month as well.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #33  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

As always, I'm amazed at the number of posts before the month begins. That's what I get for taking a day off from the computer (after my morning posts) for my b-day.
I have not set my August goal completely yet, but I'm working them out today. I'll post them later on. I have the exercise ones figured out, but the weight/general health is always harder for me....hmmmmm....think, think, think.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #34  

morning girls Our sister thread, August Exercise Challenge, is up. Exercise goals will be listed there for those of you who sign up. If you would like to hold yourselves more accountable by posting and logging your minutes and extra support and encouragement with your exercise...that's the ticket! The girls rock there (as they do here) and I can honestly say I would of veered off this past month (I do that in summer sometimes) had it not been for the encouragement and support of the girls. THough I minimized my minutes.....I stayed in the loop (as the girls suggested). Anyhow...just wanted you all to know it's up.

mamatoni and ernurse Hi Msperception and merose...gtsy girls
Old 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #35  

OUR MASTER LIST....thus far

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
sstolte: get below 210
jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs., try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week.
inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex.
Darby1: get under 190, ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
nellonello: get to 199
ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
MissMallee: lose 5lbs., eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
merose: lose approx. 10 lbs., get to 178 halfway, then to 174.
ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs.

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 07-30-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm in- ready for a new month! I was doing great and then I sort of... ummm... well... got sidetracked, lost momentum, you know the routine. And I was feeling so good, too!
So my goal is to get down to 145 by the end of August. I have my brother's wedding in September, so with that motivation, and ALL OF YOU, how can I lose? I mean, how can I not lose???!!

Thanks for getting this challenge going. I look forward to making it happen together!!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #37  
MountainChick

S/C/G: 135/134/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Getttin Psyched!

It's so great to have this forum! I have a husband who can eat anything and won't gain a pound, plus 2 finiky preschoolers that are underweight. How can I make bacon for everyone and not eat it??? Hopefully this will be the I've been praying for!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 240/234.0/140

Height: 5'7

I'm new here but I'm so in!

SW240
CW238
GW140
minigoal 228 by the end of Aug! (I just REALLY wanna see the 220s!!)
Old 07-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucedaisy View Post
I have my brother's wedding in September, so with that motivation, and ALL OF YOU, how can I lose? I mean, how can I not lose???!!
Thata girl!! I will push for a good cause =) Good luck.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #40  
3rd time's a CHARM

S/C/G: 274/259/210

Height: 5'7

Oooh I want to join!

I want to be 240 by the end of August! (239.9 would make me squeel!!)
Started: 268.25
Currently: 252.5
Goal: 180

This is so exciting. I will use my 252.5 as my start weight since I'll be away on Aug 1 to WI. Good luck everyone
Old 07-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #41  
Blue

S/C/G: 181.4/134.8/115

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Fullsteam, Delphi - Thanks for the warm welcome.

I can't wait to see what we'll all accomplish in August.!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #42  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Okay, okay. I have come up with my goals. Nothing earth shattering, I just can never decide on a number.

1. Take multivitamin most days
2. Get into 140's

The 140's thing is a HUGE stretch for me. I haven't completely convinced myself they exist, so I'm gonna need major moral support here girls! I CAN do it!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #43  

Height: 5'6"

I would like to join this challenge! I want to lose at least 3-5 pounds. My weight today is 176.2.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #44  

HI ladies Hope your all having a good day. I am excited about starting our new month together. I went to the market the other day and got stocked up but will most likely go again sometime this weekend.

Pucedaisy, wanting2b140, and chuncksoflove girls...nice to have you aboard with us. I edited the list and added you.

MsPerceptionnnn....I put your goal in. Wowwwwwww chicky that number! that number sounds so good! You go for it girl..... You can do it!!!!! so cool

pucedaisy......how exciting that your brothers wedding is coming up! : ) That's a great incentive! Regarding getting sidetracked...oh I know the routine alright..lol ...to a new month! : )

MountainCHick....my husband is the same way. If I parallel my eating to his I gain weight and he stays the same. I envy mens metabolim. He is extremely active too though. lol@ the bacon. That's a tough one, the whole house smells up. One time DH (dear husband) sprayed aerosol in the kitchen so as not to tempt me! If your going to eat it though occassionally I suggest the center cut, have you ever tried it? It's much leaner and a lot less fat.

wantin2b

blueisis....ysvw! (your so very welcome). I am excited about our month too

hi ajowens,,, chunks of love, and all you other chicks

By the way, the girls call me FSA for short. Makes things a bit easier.

Have a great day girls : ) chat soon
Old 07-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #45  

Hi Ruth I have added you to the list.
Closed Thread