Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! I just finished my first workout at Curves. It is SO AWESOME. I just go around this circle four times...and viola...an hour of working out is done. I didn't feel ashamed or worried about what anyone was thinking about me. The fact that only women come here helped that. I think that helped me focus on my workout rather than worry who was looking at how fat I was and what not...and I feel SO GOOD! Anyways...I'm on plan today with food and exercise today.

I want to go ahead and say that my weigh in will NOT be a good one...I will be putting my weigh in from the scales at Curves. I know I tried this once before when I joined the gym and it didn't work.. BUT in my defense the scales are right out in the open next to the men's restroom in the gym of course I didn't want to weigh in if someone was there.....and someone was ALWAYS there...BUT here at curves the scale is in a private room. Sorry I'm gonna hurt the weigh in...but I have to know where I'm really at. My home scale was weighing me in at 263 and the professional scale at curves was weighing me at 269. I will weigh on Friday and see what it says.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #197  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Melissa- It's awesome that you're starting to feel comfortable working out. I'm super happy for you on that part. How is the 1200 calorie eating thing working out so far. I'm not trying to be a bossy-bug but I worry about that being a way to set you up for failure. I find that if I eat lower than 1400 consistently I stop loosing. I'm cheering you on though, I want you to suceeed.

I've had a good day. Exercise is on plan, as well as calories. I was having an emotional afternoon last night, my skin was really loose and jiggly way more than I've ever seen it (or maybe it was just the first time I had noticed it). I had a mild freakout, but I'm calmer today. I think it's just something that's going to occur, and hopefully as time goes by it will tighten up some.

I made an angelfood cake yesterday. It's excellent, and so far I've not had any binge issues with it. If I have enough calories left over I get one piece a day. If it becomes a problem I'll just throw it away.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 06-10-2009 at 07:20 PM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #198  

Sparkle you are right...I have upped my calories to between 1400-1500.

I think I can do 1200 but I have to get used to cooking and lower calorie meals and portion control before I go that low. I think in January I will lower my calories again.....until then I'm gonna stick to about 1500 calories.

oh yeah..I think I forgot to mention that I'm signed up for a biggest loser competition that the Curves is having. I'm super excited!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #199  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies just checking in. It's gonna be a good week for me for the weigh in!

Today, I did 40 min cardio on my own, and then got talked into spinning with a friend, for a total of 85 min!!! I did not think I could make it through spinning, but here we are. I liked this guys workout the best, short spurts of hard cardio with lots of breaks. It was awesome. I think I am more of a sprinter, or interval trainer, because I like the breaks!
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls!!! I'm feeling pretty good today - I'm getting hungry though. All that sounds good is baked potatoes! I think I'll make one in a little bit.

I have to add my exercise minutes to my tickers. Oh - speaking of... I need to know WHO IS AT THE BEACH??? I have STICKERS!!!

Remember to send in your weigh ins by tomorrow night!

Mel - you seen to be re-focused. I love that! Don't worry about the Curves weight compared to the other.. a loss is what counts! I think the adjusted calorie intake will help too. I can't keep to a strict 1200 cals either. That's why I give myself a range. Also - I was reading an article regarding weight loss and (as you know) cutting 500 calories a day from your intake gives you an approximate loss of #1 a week.. however what I didn't know is that studies show that it's easier to cut the calories by cutting 1/2 the amount by intake, and 1/2 of the amount by increased exercise. So if you want to lose #1 a week, then cut 250 cals from your intake, and then increase your exercise to burn an additional 250 cals a day. Makes sense to me!

Another thing is that your weekly goal SHOULD NOT be more then #2 a week. Anything more then that a week has a 85% chance of coming right back on. So sure - some of you can lose #5 a week - but more then likely those #3 extra are going to pop right back on as soon as you have an off day.

I haven't been logging my calories lately... I know, bad! But on the other hand, I'm only eating until full - NOT giving into ridiculous cravings (no more ice cream for dinner! ) And I've actually lost #2 this week... I'm nearing the end where I don't have as much room for food to fit in.

Now if I could get my finances under control I'd be even better! I HATE not working! UGH!!! Only a little longer until I can hard core look for a job. I just have to get things focused. *sigh*

Alright - I'm off for now - going to update my tickers!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #201  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Mel, that sounds great. I don't blame you for changing your weigh in to your wi at Curves. I would do the same if it were me. But you will show big losses next week, I would bet.

Eny, that's great that you are stopping eating when you are full, that's a good habit to develop

Diary, great on the exercise.

I am in the five pound challenge and am down again, where I start self sabotaging, I am determined to get past this number I have struggled with for about a month. It's so dumb to get stuck here, it's only at the 8 pound mark, but in a different decade. I am determined to have a better weigh in tomorrow than I usually do.

Have a great day everyone!
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #202  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Down another pound for me Rebels, even with TOM around. You ladies have a great day!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #203  

Hi everyone. I'm still pushing through with exercise and eating on plan. I'm in a pretty great mood, my dh is quitting smoking this week. I'm extra happy, I have tried not to nag him about it, but encouraged him to work on his health. It would be terrible for me to get healthy and live a long life, only for his life to be shortened because he couldn't kick this habit. I want him to have to put up with me for a long long time

Eny- I'm not at the beach yet, but I'm working hard to get there. I want a sticker, so I'm just going to have to hurry up.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #204  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
WOW! I can relate to so much in your story...the abusive relationship at an early age, getting started in school late...and while being a mother, and a few other things. I have never been through a divorce, but I hear they can be rough. Woman...let me tell you something....If you can get through everything you mentioned in your story...then you can do ANYTHING! Being a mother is tough work, and it sounds like you have been both a mother AND a father...also...you didn't let that get in your way or be an excuse to not do things for yourself ....like your education...the fact that you went to college and got your bach. and masters shows your a fighter and in it for the LONG HAUL. You will be successful. Just keep it up!
Thanks Melissa... I wouldn't trade it for the world. Trials build character and can really make you stop and take your own inventory before checking out and criticizing what others are doing with their lives.

I just started to catch up on the thread and realized its time for me to go back to work. I'll be back later!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #205  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Mel - you seen to be re-focused. I love that! Don't worry about the Curves weight compared to the other.. a loss is what counts! I think the adjusted calorie intake will help too.
I am SUPER focused ! I am super stoked. I keep going over it and going over my weight loss "plan" and I never can seem to settle on anything....its like just when I decide that I'm going to take it slow and steady and do things the right way...then I start thinking about all the time that I have and how I can do this and I could do that and I could exercise like 4 hours a day and eat 1200 calories and lose 20 pounds a month....then I don't do anything because I don't want to exercise 4 hours a day...and since I don't exercise I don't eat well...then I usually gain weight....so I have FINALLY decided to STOP doing that to myself. I mean I can sit here and plan all day long how I'm gonna do stuff, but if I don't do it or if I make it impossible I will be sitting right were I am now or worse this time next year. I don't want that for sure. So....I have come up with some VERY realistic and reasonable goals for food consumption and calories eaten per day AND calories to burn per day in exercise that is also realistic and as long as I'm losing SOMETHING each week I'm fine.....I have gained 7 pounds a year over the past 14 years....so I definately can't expect to lose it all in 6 months...or even a year.

Also....I know if I keep setting myself up to fail by setting unrealistic expectations in diet and exercise I will always be miserable and unhealthy and FAT! I'm really really excited and feel super focused
Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #206  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quick stop... guess what?

Remember at the beginning of the year so many of us were talking about our reward "boxes"... Well I really wanted to make one. So this weekend I mixed it up a bit and finished something I have been working on since last weekend. I made my self 5lb reward envelopes (actually made them, decorated, etc...I was aching to craft something!) and I printed out 12 pictures of reward stuff I want. The kicker - I let my boyfriend stuff them. I don't know what my prize will be each goal mark!!!!!! I'm so excited! Even turned down chili dogs to stay on task cuz I want in that 1st envelope!!!

Off work tomorrow so going to get up, walk the dog, clean the house and go to the gym for the first time in months! I'm soooo excited!

Will check back in tomorrow after reading up on the thread!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Mel - That's my weight loss plan too.. eating better - exercising daily and my goal is to lose SOMETHING every week. I've ALWAYS been overweight since I was little. I have HORRIBLE inbred self-esteem (my nick name as a child was Buddha - because that's what I looked like). and I also do like you and plan so much that I do nothing. If I can just make one more good choice a day then I'll make it. I'm trying not to set a pound goal for each week - especially at first. I'm just going to keep at it - keep joining challenges that push me and keep going!!! My first BIG goal is to get OUT of the #200's again FOREVER!!! I know that Landon is COMPLETELY worth it - but still!!!

Kris - What an AWESOME idea! I love the envelope idea! it's amazing!

I'm still working on my arms - doing wall push ups, couch lifts, and tricep curls with a water bottle. I don't know if it's mad a difference in the last 2 days - but I definitely feel it in my arms! I'm trying to increase the number of lifts I do - right now I can't do more then 10 at a time... those buggers are TOUGH!!! I'm hoping by the wedding that I can do 25 without breaking a sweat. I haven't been counting the number of curls I'm doing... generally I just do them the entire length of a commercial... so probably 5 minutes of them a day. That HAS to make a difference, right???

Ok - I have to take Hunter to her LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! and do some running and banking and such. I HATE how fast the money just slips right by. *sigh* Not to mention that I have to finish paying for my dress for the wedding, buy shoes, buy Hunter's dress and get my alterations done! I have NO clue how I'm going to swing this!!!

REMEMBER THAT ALL WEIGH INS ARE DUE TO ME THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGE BY 11:59 PM EST TODAY!!! SO FAR I ONLY HAVE 2!!!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #208  

Good morning ladies, I lost a lb this week. Still moving forward and onward. I'm working hard to stay on plan exercise wise and food wise. The challenge is kinda quiet, I hope everyone is working hard to stick to their goals.

I'm really digging the envelope idea, I'm going to talk to my husband about the same thing. I've been looking for something with some additional motivation.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 06-12-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #209  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Wt 180!!!!! Yahoo!! That oughta help the team a bit, even if some of it was water wt! I take what I can..

I love the envelope idea. Maybe I will ask my Mom or Rosie if they want to do something like that!
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #210  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Heya everyone I've had a fairly hectic week and haven't been on here very much - I also didn't do so well this week. I managed to keep up with my exercise but my eating went to pot a bit, so this week i've gained 0.6lbs!!!! Well, it isn't too much so I am pretty relieved - I'd thought it was gonna be more. But anyway, sorry to let the team down this week - I'll be back on track next week.

I only have 60 minutes to go until I get to the beach though! Yay, I want my sticker, lol!

Anyway hope everyone has had a better week than me.

GO REBELS GO!
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote