Old 06-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #181  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi ladies, just checking in. My eating has been spot on, the exercise is going smoothly. Hope you all are doing very well.

Mel- please take care of yourself. Diabetes is a big deal.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
You NEED to get to your Doctor and get testing done regarding the diabetes... it's NOT something that you want to wait on. you have an incredible little girl that is DEPENDING on you to be there for her!!! Plus w/ having gestational diabetes while you were it increases your chances of Type II afterward!!! GO NOW!!!! There's a TON that you can do just in lifestyle changes that will help manage it - but you have to stick to it. Sorry - touchy subject... type II runs rampant through my family - and I've had 2 family member lose limbs due to not caring for it. It makes me want to kick them in the head!!!

Anyone have any great arm workouts to tone and rid of fat - that do NOT require weight lifting??? I'd love the advice!
As for the diabetes...I'm going to hit it with diet and exercise....and as for your arm workouts...can you work out with 5 pound weights? There are a ton of arm exercises on www.shape.com just put in what your lookin' for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyPeggy View Post
Jaque9999
BeautyandtheBeast
Urthwurm
Koshinogi
Diary
Bjeweled
meatbone1
Nixmom
Delphi
Mckenziesmomma
mayness

We have to be good today thru Friday morning, wow, weigh in rolls around quickly. Let's make it another winning week for us. (I gained last week, so I'm really trying to get myself moving, some of you did great!)

I wonder if we rebels could set a personal goal for our weigh ins on Friday,

for instance, I'm going to try to commit to losing the pound I gained and another pound. GW for Friday 279
I'm in....my personal goal is at least 2 pounds lost this week.

So, I just got home. I went and signed up at Curves. They are having a biggest loser compitition. So, I officially have NO excuse for not working out.
I have a trampoline, a bike, a stepper, several workout videos, weights at home, a membership to curves for women only, a gym membership to a 24 hour gym, and my sister has a treadmill....soooooo

if its too hot outside...I can go to Curves, or the gym, or swimming, or to my sisters to walk on the treadmill

If I don't feel like going anywhere...I can work out here at home and jump on the trampoline while I watch television or do workout videos.

If the gym is too full....I can go to curves, or swimming, or to my sisters to walk on the treadmill, or workout at home

If it is storming outside....I can go to curves, or the gym, or to my sisters to walk on the treadmill, or workout at home....

Seriously...I can't think of one single excuse to not work out other than just pure LAZINESS! I sure don't want to be lazy!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #183  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Peggy, I stayed even this week.... but next week, I am all over getting down again! Go Rebels! Especially Go Rebels that actually lost last week!
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #184  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Rowdy Rebel here!

Jazzy - I am committing to a 2 lb loss for the REBs this week.

Everyone's stories are great. It always makes me stop and think about some of the things in my life that have made me stronger, have also made me fatter!

MY STORY -
I wasn't an overweight kid. As a matter of fact I ate like a bottomless pit, had beanpole legs, and was forever "warned" by my aunts that someday the 3 and 4 servings of mashed potatoes I ate would start sticking to my A$$. I was a funny, smart, fun having girl at 15 when I started dating this boy. He was drug addicted (I had no clue) and physically and emotionally abusive, and I lost any ounce of self confidence I had previously. Too scared to leave him (he broke my bones) at 17 I ended up pregnant... I left him literally to save my son and in doing so saved my own life... and gained 35lbs and gave birth at 155lbs. I stayed about 145 to 150 for the next 5 years.

At 23 I married a fantastic guy I met my senior year of high school, but youth and ignorance led me to cheat on him, leading to divorce by age 25. I continued to see #2 (literally a piece of crap) and for fear of losing another relationship headed straight into a second marriage. Of course he turned out to be a heartless monster, continually commenting on my weight (cuz 145 is so fat for a 5'6' girl right?), wanting thinner and thinner and thinner. By the time I divorced him I had worked my way down to 130lbs.

After a second divorce by 30yrs old, and a teen age son in tow, and I began to eat myself happy. I had failed some way in 3 relationships and wanted simply to raise my son to be a man and not deal with men. I worked full time, went back to school for my bachelor's and master degrees, and ate on the run. Lots of fast food, lots of late nights... topped me out at 215lbs on graduation day at the age of 34. As my life slowed down, the weight began to come off slowly. I worked my way to 185 at the prodding of a good friend who wanted me in her wedding. I hung there between 185 and 195 for a few years. A couple years ago I met my current BF who loves me the way I am. Likes curves and little cush. I settled in to being the big bubbly girl. Then, I quit smoking (just last September) and here came the token 10lbs pushing back up over the 200mark I had been able to avoid so long. I will be 38 on July 4th - and something has to change.

Ultimately - I eat to isolate myself from situations. To not be available, or attractive, or not have to deal with conflict or frustration, or because I am bored with myself, my life, the moment. I know it. And much like smoking, eating has become a procrastination tool for me... but life is here and now. I have to remember I am the planner, the arranger by nature, not the do-er. I have to force myself into action, instead of work it out on paper all day. I need the outside motivation. I need the competition. I need to take it off this time for good.

And on that note LETS GO REBELS!!!!

Last edited by Nixmom; 06-09-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Rowdy Rebel here!

MY STORY -
I wasn't an overweight kid. As a matter of fact I ate like a bottomless pit, had beanpole legs, and was forever "warned" by my aunts that someday the 3 and 4 servings of mashed potatoes I ate would start sticking to my A$$. I was a funny, smart, fun having girl at 15 when I started dating this boy. He was drug addicted (I had no clue) and physically and emotionally abusive, and I lost any ounce of self confidence I had previously. Too scared to leave him (he broke my bones) at 17 I ended up pregnant... I left him literally to save my son and in doing so saved my own life... and gained 35lbs and gave birth at 155lbs. I stayed about 145 to 150 for the next 5 years.

At 23 I married a fantastic guy I met my senior year of high school, but youth and ignorance led me to cheat on him, leading to divorce by age 25. I continued to see #2 (literally a piece of crap) and for fear of losing another relationship headed straight into a second marriage. Of course he turned out to be a heartless monster, continually commenting on my weight (cuz 145 is so fat for a 5'6' girl right?), wanting thinner and thinner and thinner. By the time I divorced him I had worked my way down to 130lbs.

After a second divorce by 30yrs old, and a teen age son in tow, and I began to eat myself happy. I had failed some way in 3 relationships and wanted simply to raise my son to be a man and not deal with men. I worked full time, went back to school for my bachelor's and master degrees, and ate on the run. Lots of fast food, lots of late nights... topped me out at 215lbs on graduation day at the age of 34. As my life slowed down, the weight began to come off slowly. I worked my way to 185 at the prodding of a good friend who wanted me in her wedding. I hung there between 185 and 195 for a few years. A couple years ago I met my current BF who loves me the way I am. Likes curves and little cush. I settled in to being the big bubbly girl. Then, I quit smoking (just last September) and here came the token 10lbs pushing back up over the 200mark I had been able to avoid so long. I will be 38 on July 4th - and something has to change.

Ultimately - I eat to isolate myself from situations. To not be available, or attractive, or not have to deal with conflict or frustration, or because I am bored with myself, my life, the moment. I know it. And much like smoking, eating has become a procrastination tool for me... but life is here and now. I have to remember I am the planner, the arranger by nature, not the do-er. I have to force myself into action, instead of work it out on paper all day. I need the outside motivation. I need the competition. I need to take it off this time for good.

And on that note LETS GO REBELS!!!!
WOW! I can relate to so much in your story...the abusive relationship at an early age, getting started in school late...and while being a mother, and a few other things. I have never been through a divorce, but I hear they can be rough. Woman...let me tell you something....If you can get through everything you mentioned in your story...then you can do ANYTHING! Being a mother is tough work, and it sounds like you have been both a mother AND a father...also...you didn't let that get in your way or be an excuse to not do things for yourself ....like your education...the fact that you went to college and got your bach. and masters shows your a fighter and in it for the LONG HAUL. You will be successful. Just keep it up!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #186  

Mornin' everyone!

So, I'm enjoying myself a milk chocolate weight loss shake this morning. I'm going to do a slim-fast diet....if I can afford it. This shake I'm drinking is pretty dang good. I could definately drink two a day. A shake for breakfast, a snack, a shake for lunch with some fruit or some veggies or something, and a snack, and a sensible dinner. I'm shooting for 1200 calories per day.

Well...gotta go clean the house!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #187  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Well Rebels, looks like TOM has showed up, so that doesn't look to good for my weigh in for Darth Scale this Friday. However, I am strong with the force, so hopefully, I can get through this and even see some dropage by weeks end. Go Rebels!!!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #188  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

I was on program yesterday pointwise and with my exercise. Got to do it again today.

Go Rebels.

Mel, I haven't forgotten about writing my story, hopefully later today.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Well, hello ladies..

Well done Rebels, I didnt lose this week but I didn't gain either, I also have TOM to tea so cant really help it.

Well My Story.

I was always a large child, I wasn't huge in the sense of being fat I was just tall and chunky. At school and home I was always active, I played sports, Was in the hockey and netball team, played rugby and loads of other things too. In my last 2 years at school I took Sport studies as an extra option and had 7 hours a week during school time doing this.

Where it went wrong, I met a guy, and he was 3 years older than me and LAZY, omg he didn't leave his room for 3 weeks at one time. He ate pizza and drank Coke - full red label, and I mean 3 litres a day. He would sit in and play games and watch tv. i got into this habit and although I was still at school and active during the day, when I saw him at night I did nothing. after a year I quit it. I started going out more and after a few months my best friend told me he really liked me, enter bf no2. So I didn;t see him as often, and I made sure we went out etc. all was great. After I finished my exams, I found a voluntary job in a vet surgery, after a month they took me on full time employment. 50 hours a week, so enter diet - lots of fatty sandwhiches, crisps and chocolate. less exercise and lazy nights as I was so tired. I gained 14lbs easily. then another 14lbs.
after being with my bf for 3 years we got engaged, bought a house of our own, and moved out. Take aways and bad diets followed. then entered online games, sitting for 18hours on a weekend playing games is unhealthy and getting home at 8pm and eating crap didn't help. so we set a date, and in the January 2004 I weighed my heaviest at 202lbs, I did not have time to diet or exercise (ps I had been to slimming world unsuccessfully in 2000). but somehow by October 5th, I had lost 41lbs, I surprised myself. we got married and up went my weight again, I went back to slimming world 2 more times and lost and gained the same 14lbs so gave up. Until 31st December 2008. I weighed myself and was so upset at the numbers I decided to change it permenantly and give myself a year to do it, not the usual I want it yesterday approach. So January 1st Day 1 - 206lbs, My heaviest ever. Now 182lbs - 24 down and almost at the half way mark. I am very happy with myself and I know I've changed forever. I really want to get down to my goal, and maybe a bit more, but Its what I feel inside that counts now, not the number, and I can honestly say I've never felt this happy about myself.

So thats my story. abit boring hehe, but anyway aiming at 1lb this week, as I said Tom's visiting.

Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #190  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Fellow Redcoats, I'm up a pound this week, sorry! I've been bang on plan, and the only thing I can think of is that I'm retaining more fluid in my muscles because I've ramped up the exercise thing big time this week. I'm training for my first 10k!

So, my story. It isn't very exciting, to be honest. I was the biggest in my group at school, but in hindsight and looking at old photographs I realise I wasn't that big. I was a 12 Au (8 us), it's just that my friends were tiny stick insect 6's and 8's (2-4).

When I left school and started working I discovered alcohol, as all 18 year olds do, and being the 80's my preference was for brandy alexanders and fluffy ducks - both of which contain a substantial amount of cream! Combine that with moving to the city from the farm where I was constantly on the move, and the weight started to creep on.

I got married and pregnant straight away, and then never really lost the baby weight. I've been down to 80ish kg a couple of times, with Weight Watchers, but then last year when my weight hit 98 kg (almost 10 kg/20 lb higher than my highest pregnancy weight!) I decided it was time for a change.

WW wasn't really my thing, I found 3FC and decided that with your help and support I could do this on my own. So far I'm down 12kg (26 lb!) and am fitter and healthier than since I was 18. I can run 6km continuously, and am training for my first 10k - goal is to finish without stopping. And I am sleeping better and have more energy than ever.

I love you guys!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 AM   #191  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

my story... i hope it submits this time cause i have written this out on my phone and it got lost ugh!

i was always thin actually some would say i was too thin but the doctor told my mom that i was fine as a child. middle school was hard i got teased constantly for being too skinny, i had no butt, no breasts and boys werent interested. and then puberty hit like WHAM! i had a nice round arse and a c cup at 12 all of a sudden i had a fan club and in my head tht was cool but i started to tell myself i was fat my mom didnt weigh over 130 pounds till she was pregnant with me at 31 sooo at home i was chubby all of a sudden. and they felt the need to tell me i needed to slim down. so begins the crappy body image i still have.

in high school my horrible body image began...due to a number of reasons. i had a crap bf who was a bit abusive and my mom thought i was huge in my family a size 8 was big...everyone is so little. but truthfully i was athletic i had big thighs, always had but at 5'8" 140 i was nowhere near fat. i felt fat all through high school i managed to work out 2-3 hrs a day playing sports and eat whatever i wanted and i still had a what i think now was a cute little shape...then i left for college.

i was 155 when i got to school due to not only muscles but i worked at sonic every summer and would gain about 5-7 pounds from my ice cream diet and lack of exercise. my first semester i gained 15 pounds. it wasnt a big deal at the time and then the next year another 15 pounds...so at this point i'm 30 pounds up from my comfy weight and i begin to do liquid diets, south beach, atkins, anything that seems quick. never tried to exercise again. by 2005 i had gotten down to about 170 and joined a gym and i stayed there for a while i was using phentermine from an online pharmacy as soon as i stopped taking it i gained right back to 185... i was diagnosed with clinical depression at this time as well and needless to say that didnt help with my eating and by 06 i was 190

i contracted the MRSA staph infection in 06 and had a violent reaction to the antibiotics they gave me to treat it. by the time it was all over and i had been on a course of steroids for months i was at 205lbs and totally miserable. my depression got worse because the illness stopped me from graduating that fall. and i pretty much stayed there till 07 when i did WW and lost down to 179. i exercised and felt great i also started school again for the last time. i had what i thought was a great relationship that was going somewhere and then i found out he cheated and got his ex pregnant. long story short we broke up and i ate and cried my way to 213 pounds. from oct 07 to march 08.

sooo here i am. i joined 3fc april of 08 and ive been making an effort to get this weight off since then. i fell off but can say i have been more consistent with everything since i joined here. so thats actually the short story...sorry i am so longwinded. i really left out a lot lol and its funny when i think about it. i got teased sooo bad for having a flat butt. omg if they could see me now! lol

gnight girls
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #192  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning everyone! I'll cheer my redcoats on!! Woot ladies-- where are you?!

I've got a couple hours of exercise scheduled for myself today, don't have much else planned. House cleaning and job hunting, but that's pretty much it. My eating is still on plan. Not seen a loss yet this week, but still hoping.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 06-10-2009 at 08:52 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hey girls! Only 2 more day of this week! Make sure to send me those weigh ins!!!

Mel - I could probably do the #5 weights - but I don't own any weights at all. I did find some exercises that are KILLING but doing their job. I'm also continuing to do wall push ups - at least 100 everyday! I NEVER thought I'd be able to do it!!!

I love reading everyone's stories. It helps me to feel not so isolated. I'll tell mine one day, but right now I still have a lot of anger and guilt with in it - and retelling it over and over brings it all back - and I'm having a hard enough time with emotions, depression and pregnancy. But keep telling them! A lot of times seeing your perspective in black-n-white helps you to deal with the actual issues. No one's problem is the actual food.

So right now I feel HUGE! I'm still hovering around the #25 gained mark - but this baby is COMPLETELY in my stomach. It makes me look further then I am. I'm REALLY sick of people asking when I'm due, and following it up with "wow - that's still a long way away." or the ladies at the bridal shower that I hosted taking a vote on if they thought I looked more then 29 weeks. The MOG actually asked me if I thought I was "actually going to make it to the wedding" HELLO I still have 11 weeks of this left - the wedding's in 5!! I wanted to hit her!!! Oh but the best so far is my neighbor... he and Joe were throwing back a few - and he was more then a few ahead of Joe already - and I went outside to join them and said something about the wedding and Mark (the neighbor) asked me - "So how do you feel about being the fat girl in the wedding" I DIED!!! I told him "Even if I gain #100 in the next 5 weeks, I still won't be the fat girl (on account of the bride's sister weighing well over #300) and I'm not F*ING FAT - I'm pregnant @ssh0le!!" I went back in and I heard Joe go off on him... He apologized - but seriously - if you can't control your tongue when you're drunk - DON'T DRINK!!!!! AHHH!!!

Yea - pregnancy and me don't mix well - and it's doing NOTHING for my self-image! I also hate the "You're supposed to (eat a lot, gain weight, etc.) because you're pregnant." I'm SO glad that this is my last child that I'm having! I couldn't do this again!!!! I think it's worse this time because I was working SO hard on losing weight, and then I saw the dreaded #200 back on the scale! I know I can get it back off - I've done it before.. but it sometimes feels like I wasted a year of my life losing #60!

Ok I'm done venting now. I'm so glad I have you girls!!! Thanks for listening!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #194  

Hey everyone

Still loving the stories you are all posting. Like Eny said...I think it makes it really real to us that we aren't alone in this.

So, yesterday the MIL, SIL, neice, DD, and me all went to the Tennessee Safari Park. It was GREAT! If you live in or near Tennessee (especially West TN) you should definately go. You get REALLY close to the animals and get to feed them. We even fed and got to pet a Giraffe. Sooooo COOL!

Anyways.....things are going pretty good for me. Reckon I'm gonna go to curves for the first time today. I'm excited!

Hope all is well with everyone
Old 06-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #195  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

hello all. i hope everyone is doing good. well i am glad to be back at work after the week off last week. not saying that i did not enjoy it but i know it did not help me to much with the weight loss partly due to boredom eating and not really exercising whole heartedly. so after thinking about it i think i know what slowed me down last week so sorry redcoats. anyway i have plans to change that.

sprkle--- i was woundering the same thing about the rest of us redcoats.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote