Old 06-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #136  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

I just caught up on reading this whole thread to see what I missed. I had missed the team postings. I am a rebel! I still haven't posted the mini challenge goals, I will, it may take me a day or so and I may run late finishing it, but I will. I've been doing some Spring cleaning today, but I had to check in, because I have been so off on my food, but Melissa says we are all on plan today. Thanks Melissa.

Eny, lost 2 weeks!? Yikes. Good and bad, I hear you!
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #137  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

hopefully it is quiet because everyone is out doing summer physical activities!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Brie - I agree - hopefully everyone is getting more exercise done then I am! I ended up taking a 3 hour nap today! I'm all of a sudden REALLY tired again! Grr... Oh well - my little man will be here soon enough, right???

Mel - good job not giving into the craving! It's been one of my big ones threw this pregnancy... i've now cut back from the normal 2 cheeseburger, Lg. fry & 4 piece nugget - to 1 cheeseburger and splitting a medium fry with Hunter - oh and it's a fair split - she's 7 and counts out EVERY fry!!!

Jazzy - I'm glad that you're back on here! Spring cleaning ... wow! I had plans just to do regular cleaning today - which didn't really happen. I managed to get most of the laundry done, but not much beyond that. Oh well - there's always tomorrow for that stuff -and as long as my house is pretty before 1 pm on Sunday then I'll be happy.

Shari - There IS always something going on!! GEEZ! Hopefully now everything will be ok and all the kinks have worked themselves out.

Alright - i'm going to go and check a couple other websites before going to bed. I've been on here SO much less since my laptop died... I think it's a blessing in disguise - although I do miss it!

REMEMBER FRIDAY'S WEIGH IN!!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #139  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Well I'm still holding it down for the REBELS, but at times it can be hard to keep up with so many challenges, but I'm workin' it ladies. I've been POP, since I joined this site May 1st. This month, however, I've upped my exercise routines and set goals to push myself, and that is exactly what I have been doing. I am too stubborn to slip up or not meet my goals. So yeah, things are going great on my end. Doesn't get too much better than this ladies. I hope you ladies have an exceptional day ahead. And remember to drink plenty of Water!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #140  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi everyone, I've been around lately. My food is not exactly where it needs to be. I'm well within my calorie ranges, I'm just not making the best choices. Looks like I'm down a lb this week, maybe eke out another .5lb before weigh in tomorrow morning. I've done decently well with my minichallenge goals. My ipod is busted and that screws with my C25k running currently, so I've been doing other exercises during that time. I think I'm going to step up my exercise (which I've been slacking on since vacation) and set a daily goal of 2 hrs/ 6 days a week. I've done it before, and I should be able to do it again since I'm still unemployed (at least for a little while). I had an interview on Tuesday morning with the DOT office for a construction engineer position they had available. It went well, but it's a wait and see kind of thing right now.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 06-04-2009 at 08:58 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #141  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow, it has been slow here.

Power outage from wicked thunder storms kept me away after my initial post yesterday. TOM is here and draining my energy. And it takes everything in my to even think about exercise at the moment. But I will get my hour in again today. I promise.

Hope the thread picks back up. Do we have a super mini challenge we could do to pump things back up? Personally, I need to start the pushup challenge or something again. Anyone still have that website?
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Wink Advice PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
hopefully it is quiet because everyone is out doing summer physical activities!
That is kinda what I was thinking too...weather is nice and warm now...no reason to be in the house on the computer when we can get outside!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
oh and it's a fair split - she's 7 and counts out EVERY fry!!!
Ha ha ha....I love it!

Hey everyone
So, on a good note...I went and did my weekly grocery shopping yesterday and made some really good choices. I did really good on limiting my impulse buys, and only bought healthy choices. When the Fuji apples I normally get didn't look so hot, I bought some nice big naval oranges!!! They were actually even cheaper. I'm gonna go through my reciept and see where I could have cut out $10.00 maybe....I will have to trim that out of another day. I'm DETERMINED to stick to a budget this month....

Okay the BAD stuff.... so my eating has been pretty darn good...all through out the morning...all afternoon. Then it seems that while cooking supper and AFTER supper I'm getting these CRAZY cravings....like I said the other night it was Big Macs and french fries.....and chips. Its crazy....so far I have been able to fight off or resist the temptation BUT I'm scared to death that I'm NOT going to be able to much longer. I'm going to try to drink water instead of eating while I'm preparing dinner. And I'm going to try to half my dinner and eat only half at dinner time and then when the cravings hit me later on eat the other half...hopefully this will help me and I will still be in my calorie requirement for the day...any other tips or suggestions will be welcomed??

Okay...NOW...I need some ADVICE So, for my birthday I have acquired $75.00. I have been trying to think of what to do with it. I really want to spend it wisely because once it is gone....that is it...it is gone! And I don't get the luxury of having that much money to just go and do whatever I want with very often...LOL!!

I have found a bicycle that I really like that I can get....I was thinking that I could get it and burn tons of calories out riding my bike...but some things I'm worried about are traffic/drivers that don't pay attention and getting run over or having a wreck and hurting myself. Any thoughts on this...or anyone have any experience with this as exercise....I keep telling myself..you can ride the bikes at the gym...I just don't know....

So I don't want to buy clothes with it cause I'm gonna lose weight and then those clothes won't fit....anywho...here are some options...I need some advice...

#1. Buy the bicycle and use it for exercise
#2. Set a short term weight loss goal and use the money to buy some new clothes when I reach that weight....not that $75.00 would go that far...LOL
#3. Use the money for a romantic night out for me and the hubby...dinner and a movie or bowling...etc.
#4. Use the money to go get a massage AND a facial or a manicure or pedicure or something like that to pamper myself...

Okay so there are some options...which would you choose/ NOT choose and WHY would you choose them/ NOT choose them

Thanks everyone!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #143  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Melissa- I like the bicycle one, or maybe a piece of jewelry? A necklace or pair of earrings (they will still fit throughout your journey).

I've been sorting out how to buy new clothes and have been working out a new process I'm selling my nicer clothes on ebay. As I've lost weight I've taken my work clothes and nicer clothes and thrown them in a box in my guest closet, so I've got stuff in sizes 22-18 in the box so far (20-30 items). So even if I sell them for like $4 a piece, it will help to purchase clothes in size 12 - I'm sort of in a size 14 now, a 14 tight, but I think I'll mostly just wear what I've got currently and once I get to the 12's I'll actually have to buy clothes again.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #144  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well, time for an update. so far the house is clean and the lawn is mowed. this afternoon i plan on more yard work, clean the car, the windows and then take DS to the park. lots to do or at least it seems like there is.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Melissa- I like the bicycle one, or maybe a piece of jewelry? A necklace or pair of earrings (they will still fit throughout your journey).

I've been sorting out how to buy new clothes and have been working out a new process I'm selling my nicer clothes on ebay. As I've lost weight I've taken my work clothes and nicer clothes and thrown them in a box in my guest closet, so I've got stuff in sizes 22-18 in the box so far (20-30 items). So even if I sell them for like $4 a piece, it will help to purchase clothes in size 12 - I'm sort of in a size 14 now, a 14 tight, but I think I'll mostly just wear what I've got currently and once I get to the 12's I'll actually have to buy clothes again.
Good idea on the jewelry Also good idea on selling the clothes on ebay. You know there are some pretty nice clothes on ebay too...I don't know how you are about buying stuff online but you could also buy your clothes from ebay or at least some of them...get them really cheap AND plus your not going to be in them long
Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #146  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Personally, I would go with some exercise equipment. New weights? Exercise ball or video? The bike? Or if you have a Wii or another console, then perhaps a fitness game? Bands?
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

I agree, exercise stuff and when you use it you'll know you made the right choice.

I am currently filling out my diary that I decided to keep at the beginning of May, I am pre-emptively filling it out with my plan for the next week, exercise and what not. I really need to stick to it.

I want to lose 14lbs before my hols on the 1st October. Any more is a bonus.

looking at 5hours per week + my cal intake of 1200 weekdays and 1400 weekends (which I have been on and sticking to 90% of the time since January 1st) Hopefully that will give me the boost I need.

I only really started to platau when I stopped my regular exercise.

So anyway GO TEAM REBEL GO!!!
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #148  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Down 2.5 this week. I think it's a total fluke but I'll take it!

My vote is for the BIKE!

I want one myself.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #149  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Delphi for the added motivation for your team from a fellow rebel.

Now I never did that last mini challenge:

Thursday: Be in bed by 12 midnite.
Friday: Be Dressed by 1 p.m.
Saturday: Watch at least one episode of Lost I have taped. (I'm so behind,)
Sunday: Drink 32 oz water before day is done. (On Sundays, I don't drink any water usually.)
Monday: Be exercised and dressed by 1 p.m.
Tuesday: Be in bed by midnite, lights out by 12:30. (read sometimes)
Wednesday: Be exercised and dressed by 1 p.m.

I repeated some of my challenges, but all of these are things I really want to do every day. Thanks Mel.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #150  

I think I'm gonna go with the bike.....seems like a good investment. I think it will be a great workout option I like walking...don't get me wrong...but I can only do it for so long cause my feet and legs really start swelling and hurting. I figure on a bike they won't swell and hurt as bad. I think it will also be a little cooler cause I will be catching some wind in my hair...LOL! I am actually really excited about this decision!

I have talked to my husband about it...we are gonna save up some money and get him one too so we can ride together sometimes!