Old 06-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #166  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

So... my story. By the time I started school (kindergarden) I was a chubby kid. There are pictures of me younger, 3 or 4 years old where I was skinny but by the time I started school I was bigger than the other kids. A little overweight, but also quite a bit taller too. By the time I was in 8th grade I was in size 14/16. I don't know what I weighed, probably a little less than I do now, but I still have some of the dress clothes from 8th grade and I can wear them again. I bounced around 14/16/18 all the way through college, depending on how stressful the semester was.

I graduated college in May 2006 and moved to Knoxville, from there my husband to be (now husband) was unemployed for 5 months while I worked 50 hours a week and started gaining (size 18/20). He cooked, cleaned, all the household stuff but didn't cook anywhere near healthy. We got engaged and then moved to Charlotte when he got a job offer here. I found a job in Charlotte and the whole planning a wedding, being hours from friends and family, and starting a new job that was very stressful brought me to my highest weight of 271. I was my high weight on my wedding day June 2007... I was terrified my dress wouldn't fit (it was an 18). Thankfully it was an empire waist... The embarrassment of it though is that I look pregnant in it. I stayed at my high weight for about a year, and then started loosing weight last summer. Last fall my Mom found out she is diabetic. It made everything more real to me, that I can't just do this to look better, that I need to really consider my health.

I'm in a pretty good spot emotionally right now about weight loss. Some days I'm impatient, most days I'm just grateful to be as far along as I am. It's terribly strange to be able to wear clothes that I've got pictures of me as an 8th grader in. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what other people think, but I believe that's partly due to me spending all my time as a teenager worried about how I looked and what people thought of it.

I have slowed my weight loss a little, just because I've eaten so strictly for almost a year now. Now my goal, because I'm at a weight where I'm no longer completely miserable, is to loose 3 or 4 lbs a month and still do everything I enjoy. I'm going to do this for the rest of my life, and I feel like I should just go slow and enjoy it. Doing this I am also in the process of reaching fitness goals and upping my exercise. I know a size 14 is too large for most people here, and it's definitely not where I'm stopping ( I'd like to be an 8.... don't know what it would take weight loss wise to get there even). Size 14 for me means that I'm out of a crazed danger zone health wise.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

WEEK #1 RESULTS

STATS:
# OF PEOPLE - 25
# OF WEIGH INS RECEIVED - 19
# OF LOSSES - 16
TOTAL STARTING WEIGHT - #5251.3
TOTAL WEEK #1 WEIGHT - #5216.1
TOTAL LOSS FOR WEEK #1 - #35.2
# OF GAINS - 2

WEEK #1 WINNER IS DELPHI WITH AN INCREDIBLE #7.8 LOSS!

RUNNERS UP ARE
BeautyandtheBeast - #7.4 loss
fattopia - #7 loss

GREAT JOB GIRLS!!!!

TEAM STATS!!!

REBELS
TOTAL STARTING WEIGHT - #2499.1
TOTAL WEEK #1 WEIGHT - #2478
TOTAL WEEK #1 LOSS - #21.1 (.84%)

RED COATS
TOTAL STARTING WEIGHT - #2752.2
TOTAL WEEK #1 WEIGHT - #2738.1
TOTAL WEEK#1 LOSS - #14.1 (.51%)

THE REBELS WIN WEEK #1!!!

GREAT JOB TO BOTH TEAMS!!! REMEMBER TO WEIGH IN EVERY WEEK IN ORDER TO HELP OUT YOUR TEAM!!

Ok the first weigh in is behind us - and honestly I think that you all did very well! Remember to look at Melissa's challenges. They are good ones! Get your butt moving so that you can join us at the Beach! You have to make this a lifestyle change - not just a wavering wish to lose weight. Saying you want something doesn't make it happen... it takes a TON of work! Trust me - come October I'll be right along with you girls sweating it out big time to lose #100 (approx.) If you aren't serious about losing weight then you will ALWAYS be overweight. A TON of us have been chunky since childhood - the only way to change it is to STOP MAKING EXCUSES and MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICES!!! I know this is the hardest part for me.. excuses are a **** of a lot easier then Jillian's 30 day shred... but If you want to live a healthier, longer life then YOU HAVE TO CHANGE!!!

Here's this week's Mantra:

YOU CANNOT GET WHERE YOU NEED TO BE BY SITTING ON YOUR BUTT!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #168  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Eny, I always enjoy reading your post of the week, you are usually truthful and to the point.

I decided yesterday that I am going to be more active this week in helping motivating my team, the rebels, I have learned in the past if I try to be a leader, I try my best to not be a bad example. Come on Delphi, let's get the rebels rebelled up. The rebels will win again next week!
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #169  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

down .5 since vaca which is great cause i was up 6 when i got back lol!

go rebels!

i havent exercised yet i think i may have bronchitis so i am going to the doc in a few to see what is going on. i will write my story later.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #170  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyPeggy View Post
Come on Delphi, let's get the rebels rebelled up. The rebels will win again next week!
Right on!!! Hey, when I made the decision to change my life, I meant it. There is absolutely no way, that I would let anyone or anything get in the way of me accomplishing my goals. I just keep moving forward. It's not about staying on plan anymore for me. I've already made the changes, it's simply my way of life...I finally found the normalcy again. I'm training for the rest of my life.

Let's do this Rebels!!! Hoorah!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #171  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

WOOOT Delphi! Congratulations girl! Great loss.....for the wrong team!

My Story

Start at the beginning right? I was born on a farm not too long ago... Psych. Actually, I was born on a military base in a frozen **** called New Jersey. But you guys don't want to know about that. I was actually my mother's smallest child at birth, now I'm the biggest. I was a skinny little thing, very energetic and active....until I turned 8 and my mother met my stepfather. You can actually see it in my school pictures, I was skinny until around 2nd grade, then every year after that, you can see me getting fatter and fatter. I became very depressed (whoever tells you a child can't get depressed is a fool) and lost interest in everything I loved before: the outdoors, karate, baseball, digging for worms. I withdrew from everyone and stayed in my room, engrossed in books. The following years, I was broken down little by little and I grew fatter and fatter. I started dieting in middle school. Never healthy though. Any get slim quick scheme I tried never worked. My body just refuses to lose the unhealthy way. I just kept getting more depressed and fat.

Then, when I was around 17, I just snapped and tried to kill myself for the last time. When I failed (again!), I took myself to the hospital and let it all out. I was admitted to the psych ward, everyone found out about my suicide attempts. I didn't care anymore. My mama let me withdraw from school and I planned my life out in job corps. Mama brought her first house, I decided to stay home and give high school one more try. I was still fat, awkward but I made an attempt to be a regular teen. Gained a little confidence and joined WW for the first time. I was doing great but things with my stepfather and at work caused me to run off to California. Lived it up but ended up moving back home (too expensive out there!). Again, I tried WW but this time, my heart wasn't into it. Depression was going full force. I can't even remember alot of things.

I'm here now, been here for years. Still trying, remember to breathe. I can do this, I know I can, but I'm stopping myself and I don't know how to make myself not do that. I fear being 'normal', I fear failing, I fear.....so much.

And now, I am tired.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #172  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

My story....
I am 46 yrs old and for the last 10 years I have struggled with my weight.

I had never had a weight problem. When I got pregnant for the first time at age 24 I was a stick, but managed to gain 55 lbs during the pregnancy. Within 7 months of the arrival of my DD, I had lost 70 lbs. I ate right, worked out and taking care of a baby helped to shed the lbs. I had 2 sons within 4 years of that and didn't gain as much with them and felt good. By the time I was 35 I was in the best shape. I was toned, had hardly any body fat and felt fantastic.

Don't know what happened but right after my 35th birthday, it all changed. The weight yo yo'd and I could never get a handle on it. FINALLY, I think I have done it. After years of trying to get it together, I have managed to change my lifestyle. And it really wasn't that hard. I am very proud of myself and know that I will continue on. Never felt that way before.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #173  
There is no spoon!

Jasonslea ~ Awe hun, 's!

Jacque ~ You will continue! I KNOW you will. You have been such a wonderful motivator for me. Your determination is stunning and I really have enjoyed watching your progress. Your an amazing person and I think you doing so well. It wont be long before we are celebrating your reaching your goal.

Now regarding the mini challenge. If this forum wasn't open to all of the world, I may be inclined to share my story, but as it is, I'm a writer and part of my story is already splashed across the pages of a book. Hopefully, one day, when it's published, I can share that link with you ladies. Alas, since the forum isn't private, I simply can not do that right now. Just know, that I was always a good sized girl, but I was always the happy fat girl. I really have tried to enjoy every aspect of my life and simply got to a point where due to circumstance with my son, I needed to be healthy. So here I am, determined, to live a healthy life. Not only for myself, but for my four boys whom I cherish and love ever so deeply.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #174  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Jasonslea ~ Awe hun, 's!

Jacque ~ You will continue! I KNOW you will. You have been such a wonderful motivator for me. Your determination is stunning and I really have enjoyed watching your progress. Your an amazing person and I think you doing so well. It wont be long before we are celebrating your reaching your goal.

Thanks!!! I like that we all motivate each other...that's the beautiful thing about 3FC!!!!

Now regarding the mini challenge. If this forum wasn't open to all of the world, I may be inclined to share my story, but as it is, I'm a writer and part of my story is already splashed across the pages of a book. Hopefully, one day, when it's published, I can share that link with you ladies. Alas, since the forum isn't private, I simply can not do that right now. Just know, that I was always a good sized girl, but I was always the happy fat girl. I really have tried to enjoy every aspect of my life and simply got to a point where due to circumstance with my son, I needed to be healthy. So here I am, determined, to live a healthy life. Not only for myself, but for my four boys whom I cherish and love ever so deeply.
Would love to see your book when it is completed!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Morning everyone!

Hey everybody!!!! Hope everyone is well, and I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm loving reading everyone's story. I can relate to alot that I have read. I think it is very motivating reading where everyone has come from and what got them to decide that way of life wasn't good/healthy for them and that things needed to change. Thanks to all who are participating...and I look forward to reading many more stories!!!!

So I finally went and got that bicycle this weekend. I was soooo excited. I came home and rode it around the block and HOLY MOLY! My thighs hurt soooo bad AND my butt hurt even worse. I had to go buy a new seat for the bike yesterday. My bottom is still quite sore...LOL! But things are working much better with the new seat. I rode around the block twice yesterday and through the yard some.

On a good note....I got a postcard in the mail from Curves for Women saying that in honor of my birthday this month I can come back and rejoin this month for free. So....a free 30 days!!! You really can't beat that. So, I think I'm gonna go try it. I'm really excited about everything right now. I'm really disappointed I have let a whole month go by out of school and I haven't made any progress. I feel like I have been dealing with alot lately...but now I think I have things in order.

I also think I have diabetes....I swear I feel really tired and if I don't eat for a while OR if I eat like a bunch of chips or something I get really light headed and dizzy and feel like I just need to lay down. Of course with no healthy insurance and NO money to go to the doctor I am just going to have to lose weight and eat healthier to get rid of it

Well talk to you all later! Hope you have a wonderful day!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Jasonslea ~ Awe hun, 's!

If you need an editor for your book let me know - I know a good, cheap one that has experience in magazine, books, and other materials... AND who is currently unemployed , pregnant and would LOVE the opportunity to do more freelance!!!! (hey I can talk myself up some right???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Hey everybody!!!! Hope everyone is well, and I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm loving reading everyone's story. I can relate to alot that I have read. I think it is very motivating reading where everyone has come from and what got them to decide that way of life wasn't good/healthy for them and that things needed to change. Thanks to all who are participating...and I look forward to reading many more stories!!!!

So I finally went and got that bicycle this weekend. I was soooo excited. I came home and rode it around the block and HOLY MOLY! My thighs hurt soooo bad AND my butt hurt even worse. I had to go buy a new seat for the bike yesterday. My bottom is still quite sore...LOL! But things are working much better with the new seat. I rode around the block twice yesterday and through the yard some.

On a good note....I got a postcard in the mail from Curves for Women saying that in honor of my birthday this month I can come back and rejoin this month for free. So....a free 30 days!!! You really can't beat that. So, I think I'm gonna go try it. I'm really excited about everything right now. I'm really disappointed I have let a whole month go by out of school and I haven't made any progress. I feel like I have been dealing with alot lately...but now I think I have things in order.

I also think I have diabetes....I swear I feel really tired and if I don't eat for a while OR if I eat like a bunch of chips or something I get really light headed and dizzy and feel like I just need to lay down. Of course with no healthy insurance and NO money to go to the doctor I am just going to have to lose weight and eat healthier to get rid of it

Well talk to you all later! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Just remember - if your muscles are screaming at you - that means that they're working. Now if the screaming doesn't stop, or gets worse - then there might be a problem.

You NEED to get to your Doctor and get testing done regarding the diabetes... it's NOT something that you want to wait on. you have an incredible little girl that is DEPENDING on you to be there for her!!! Plus w/ having gestational diabetes while you were it increases your chances of Type II afterward!!! GO NOW!!!! There's a TON that you can do just in lifestyle changes that will help manage it - but you have to stick to it. Sorry - touchy subject... type II runs rampant through my family - and I've had 2 family member lose limbs due to not caring for it. It makes me want to kick them in the head!!!

On another note - I've decided that for the next 5 weeks I'm going to work my ARMS! YEs - I'm focusing on my arms, because I'm the MOH in my BFF's wedding and since I'm going to be HUGE in the mid-section - I figure my arms should look great in the strapless/sleeveless dress. Anyone have any great arm workouts to tone and rid of fat - that do NOT require weight lifting??? I'd love the advice!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #177  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Jaque9999
BeautyandtheBeast
Urthwurm
Koshinogi
Diary
Bjeweled
meatbone1
Nixmom
Delphi
Mckenziesmomma
mayness

We have to be good today thru Friday morning, wow, weigh in rolls around quickly. Let's make it another winning week for us. (I gained last week, so I'm really trying to get myself moving, some of you did great!)

I wonder if we rebels could set a personal goal for our weigh ins on Friday,

for instance, I'm going to try to commit to losing the pound I gained and another pound. GW for Friday 279
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #178  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Delphi ~ Let us know when the book is finished. I wanna read it!

Mel ~ Awesome! I can't wait till I get my bike.

Eny ~ I need to work my arms too. Sunshine wants me to wear this awful sundress for the wedding. Might not be able to shrink the middle but I can tone the arms a little.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #179  
There is no spoon!

jasonslea ~ Hehe, you did some personals. Had a little extra time today..eh? Good for you, I know you stay so busy these days. 's!

jazzypeggy ~ hmmm, a personal weekly goal, dunno. I'm hopeful of two pounds. If TOM doesn't show up, then two pounds sounds reasonable for me.

enygirl ~ I might just have to take you up on that offer.

McKenziesmomma ~ I'll echo what eny said,...you definitely need to see the doctor girlfriend. This is something you should not put off. If money/insurance is an issue, then try the local health department or the local care centers usually have great resources, so a call to them about getting a free check up, might be worth a try.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #180  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyPeggy View Post
Jaque9999
BeautyandtheBeast
Urthwurm
Koshinogi
Diary
Bjeweled
meatbone1
Nixmom
Delphi
Mckenziesmomma
mayness

We have to be good today thru Friday morning, wow, weigh in rolls around quickly. Let's make it another winning week for us. (I gained last week, so I'm really trying to get myself moving, some of you did great!)

I wonder if we rebels could set a personal goal for our weigh ins on Friday,

for instance, I'm going to try to commit to losing the pound I gained and another pound. GW for Friday 279
I have been obsessed with weighing myself...so one of my goals since Friday is to not weigh myself till next Friday...so far so good. The thing I don't like is that I feel that if it goes up one day, I work a little harder...guess I will just have to work EXTRA HARD every day till Friday!!!