Old 02-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!!! Hope you all had a great V. Day. Mine was good.

Adaem...not going up is always a good thing!! Just hang tough. YOU can do this!!!

Wow....5 pounds already for February...you go 2beautiful2bfat!!!!! That is just awesome!!!

Mousai...way to go on staying on track for a whole week!! That is wonderful. You go!!!! I just know when you do get on that scale...you will see a lose. Keep up the amazing job.

Okay...i didn't do too bad on v day yesterday. I never did really get to eat a peice of that lovely chocolate cake i made. Hopefully tonight after dinner i'll have some extra calories left to have a small slice. I did have a bite of it at lunch yesterday and it was soooooo good. yum!!! But i am trying to stay more on track today. I am trying to put all my foods in my fitday for a change. I've already got breakfast, coffee, my lunch, my snacks and what i'm planning on having for dinner tonight when i go out. My boyfriend works at a seafood restraunt so on the weekends when my kids aren't home sick, i usually get to go to his job for some boiled shrimp. yum!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

2beautiful2BFat: well the mix and all of that were really high in calories when i broke it down into approximate servings, i dont have the containers to verify, but the serving i 1/12th of the cake... i might have over estimated cause i round up on sweets so i dont get to out of hand.
checking again using nutritiondata.com
1 yello cake comes to 2949 Calories
- one piece (1/12th) comes to 245 Calories
cream cheese frosting comes to 137 calories (2 tbs)
Peanut butter comes to 188 calories (2 tbs)
-that makes the frosting 162.5 calories (2 tbs)
(the frosting will depend on how thick you like it)
then the cake cooked with 1 cup peanut butter is
2949 + 1517 = 4466/12 = 372 calories per piece without frosting
372 + 81.25 (1 tsb) = 453 calories for a slice
you could substitute peanut butter with another nut spread, and use splenda in a home made cake mix, and change frosting type to reduce calories, its just how my dad likes it that keeps it the way it is here, so i have to cut the pieces in half. so about 226 calories (which is fewer than i had originally calculated)
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #168  

Height: 5ft 4in

Two people asked me if I have lost weight today. A good friend and my Mother-in-law. I have seen both of them in the last month. Maybe the scale didn't move this week but something is obviously going on!!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 199/188/120

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Adaem – for compliments. I notice inches register more quickly than pounds, esp when I’ve been working out hard. I also notice I simply need more calories (for muscle recovery and survival). I can seriously go for weeks with the scale seeming to be stuck, but then my pants are loose and need to be replaced. I take measurements and my waist has gone from 39 to 28.5 inches but by the stroke of the scale, I’ve only dropped 15 pounds. The scale does move - keep the faith and the focus. I decided to do this challenge anyway because since my wedding has past, my focus has slipped a bit and I needed to focus on something. And… the regulars who post here are a great bunch.

2beautiful – awesome on making your 5 for February!!! You deserve a happy

I hit a new high for me at the gym today – I hit two sets of deadlifts at 50 pounds. Water is on target too and I’m holding between 187 and 189. I know I’ll hold some water tomorrow, I always do after leg day, but Sunday should be a positive weigh in experience.
Have a great weekend!!
Chinchilla Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Ummmmmmmmm.....fighting the binge.
What the DILLY?? I'm blaming TOM, but things are really out of hand.
Ate nachos tonight, they were delish. But also grabbed popcorn on my way out of the house, that's the real bingey part.
Oh, I'm tired. New day tomorrow. Not giving up, not giving up, not giving up.

Hey, congrats to everyone -- Lumi, you're so close to goal, and Mousai, you're doing great I'm sure your weigh in on Monday will show it!

I got my computer back from getting fixed, and they kinda fixed it, so I have it for now, hopefully that will fix the binging problem...

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Adaem- how did the weekend go? How was the bowling alley? Nice to hear those compliments!!

Mousai - i may try to fool around with the recipe also I use low fat or light pb so that might help. I'll let you know whenever I do make it!

I had a good weekend. I made wholewheat bread for the first time but DH didn't like it!! The kids liekd it better than the white I usually make so i may keep making it.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #172  

2b - My weekend was not so good eating wise. But I am not going to stress about it. Back on track on Monday and 2 weekends falling off the wagon is enough! We went bowling with my siblings and their spouces. I am not a good bowler! But it was fun!

OK, back on track tomorrow and no more excuses!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #173  

Hey all,

OK, it seems the computer is doing OK -- turns out I'm having Vista issues. Grrrrrrrrrr. I should have just shelled out the extra for an Apple.

I'll be stepping on the scale tomorrow...my jeans feel super loose, but I've been pretty off plan. We shall see. Also I'm really not in the mood to go to yoga this evening, which was my exercise plan...I've been good all day, though, and done a lot around the house, so that can count, right??

I've decided to change my rewards system, too -- starting today, I get a small reward (new eyeshadow or something) for 4 days on plan, and after a week, another one. I know, 4 days isn't a lot, but sadly, it would be for me!! And OP means 22 pts/day, no smoking, 96 oz water, and 3 days at the gym.

Hope you all have had great weekends!

S
Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 199/188/120

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Hi - just checking in with my official weight of the week. 187.75; down a measly quarter pound. It's still down so I'll take it. Have a great night everyone.
Chinchilla Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Adaem- sorry to hear about your weekend! But at least you had fun!! Are you back on track today?

Lizzy- How did the weigh in go? I love your reward system!! I am currently giving myself a reward for every 5 lbs lost but I think when I get closer to goal and the weight comes off more slowly I may have to reevaluate that plan.

Chinchilla- Nice loss!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #176  

Ok, back on track today!! I walked 3 miles this morning and will do P90 tonight after the kids go to bed. DD doesn't have school today so I was thinking of taking them to a movie (we don't have much to do in our town that doesn't involve eating). My plan is to eat lunch before we go and bring a 100 cal pack to smack on and buy a pop. I will get the kids a small popcorn or something to share. Wish me luck!! I am also thinking of changing my weigh in to Monday. I am hoping that will keep me in check more on the weekends. Maybe when I start maintenance I can go off plan on the weekend - ocationally!!!.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #177  

Gooooood morning!! Down .5 today -- a small miracle.

2B2BF -- thanks for the kudos on the rewards system -- it feels like a really big shift to stop thinking of pounds lost!! But I guess I've been denying myself things like a manicure until I see 139 on the scale, and that has become disheartening...

adaem -- good luck at the movies!! that is always a really big challenge for people, but I've heard some great battles won with the aid of the 100 cal packs! Let us know what you see!
Oh, and what is P90? I've been trying to figure it out, but can't!

chinchilla -- hey, quarter lb is one burger off your booty, right??

OK, I'm off to have an OP day. Just to give you an idea of how off plan I've been, 76 flex points! For any of you that follow WW, you understand. Whoa!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #178  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Way to go everyone!!!! Good luck on reaching 5 pounds ya'll can do it!!!

I lost another 5 pounds so that puts me at 14 for the month with one week left, I want to lose at least 1 more to put me at 15
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #179  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Lumi: Congrats on the pounds loss so far.

Adaem: I like your attitude. I hope you are doing well today. Oh, did you have fun bowling? It feels great when people notices huh? I am so happy for you!!!!

Mousai: I hope you had a good “Valentines” with your boyfriend.

2b2: I know this sounds funny, but my kids weigh 74 pounds and 40ish (my older two). I am not planning on letting them ride a whole lot, but I really do want to start walking more than a mile, hiking trails, beaches, etc. I want them to be outdoors more, but I really can’t expect them to stay up with me. So that is why I want the option to push if needed. I went hiking with my kids when I was 12 weeks pregnant, and I ending up carrying my then 7 year old and my 4 ½ year old. I know crazy, and I would probably do it again, if needed. I am a sucker when it comes to my kids. They know my soft points.

I am getting a jogger that has 20 inch wheels on front and back. So this should make it a lot easier. We will see. I should be getting it in this week. I am so excited. Oh, as for jogging in it, my boys will be jogging with me, so I won’t have anyone in it, except my little girl.

Congrats on loosing so much so far. You are doing fantastic.

Mother Mavis: I have the back pack too. I love it. A friend gave it to me. I wished I had it when my boys were small. I put her in it when I go shopping. She loves it. She won’t stay in a buggy for me. I would love to be kept updated on your running.

Chinchilla: You are such an inspiration. I hope you are having a great day! Congrats on a quarter pound. I’d take it too. My scale only does halfs, otherwise I would be recording 1/10’s etc. if I could.

S: Hello! I hope you are having a good day! I like your reward system. Congrats on the loss. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me: Well, we did our marathon on Sunday. It was great. It really has put me in a great mindset. My jogger stroller comes in this week, so I am going to start planning some outside activities to do with my kids. I can’t wait. I lost another pound. So I have 1.5 pounds left to go for this month to hit goal.

Ladies: We have 11 more days left for this month. Just a little push to hit that personal goal. You guys are doing so great and everyone here has been such a motivation to me. Big hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #180  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Wow Dandk, you are doing fantastic! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote