Old 02-14-2008, 03:39 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

It's not going forward for me. I'm at 150.6 today..(up from 149.5) I eat to much I guess. Because I exercise almost every day. I think I eat to much late on the evenings.. I will try to stop doing that.
theresia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am so close to 147, I am running tonight, maybe that will get me over the edge.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

KCWM: you have to get working out! Boyfriends can be dangerous. I used to lways gain weigh when I had a new one. Do yourself a favour and either get rid of him (for a few hours) so you can workout at home or join a gym and go workout while he stays home.

Lumi- Congratulations!!!! I knew you would do it!!

Mousai- do you have the recipe for the pb cake? That sounds delicious!!

Mom2- I am down another 2 this week although tomorrow is my official weigh in but can you update me to 202 so down 4 for the month.

As for the baby jogger we also considered that one. I personnally woudl go dfor the double. How old are your kids? We went with a double and sometiems I wish I had a single too but I have 3 strollers I had 4 but I sold one last month so DH has put me on a stroller diet!! Have you considered the baby jogger city series? I think the double has the swivel wheel.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #154  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Adaem: It really looks like you are doing well. Your body is probably changing! Sometimes the scale just doesn’t show it. If you really feel that your eating is good, then don’t change anything. I am sure if you go read the stories of people loosing weight, some will say that they could go months without loosing anything. Are you taking measurements? Is your pants fitting looser? Don’t let the scale set the tone of the day. Maybe you could post what you eat??? Also, you could go over to the exercise forum and post what you eat, and some of the “professionals” could give you some good insight.

Theresia: Sorry about the weight gain. That will happen all the time. I know I weigh every day. I hardly ever post my gains, unless I was really bad, and I know it was a gain. It usually works out by the end of the week. Right now my lowest weight for the week is 192.5; yesterday after a not fantastic, but not bad day, I weighed 193.5; Today, after a great eating day, I was actually up to 194. Makes no sense, but that is just how the scale goes. If you feel that what you are eating late at night is hurting you, try your best to give this up, or at least switch it to something healthy.

MotherMavis: Here’s wishing for that 147!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How far do you run?

2B2: Congrats on the additional two pounds. You are doing great!!!!! I am actually looking at the Double Baby Jogger that has a weight limit of 150 pounds. I e-mailed the company and they said that it didn’t matter how much the child weighed, as long as the total weight doesn’t go over 150 pounds. I have an eight and a six and a one year old. I was thinking about the double so I can start being more active; hiking, etc., and I can give my kids a rest every once in a while if we are out too long. The thing about the double is that the front wheel doesn’t swivel, so I will just keep my basic, for store strolling. Also, the double is bulky, but I think we can handle that. I borrowed an older double jogger, so my husband could look at it. I have to convince him that it would be okay to take it on trips. So can we fit everything in my van along with the Double Baby Jogger. That is the question. Thanks for the input.

As for me! Well, we started running two mailboxes for every five. I know that may not sound like a lot, but I am so proud of my boys and even my self. Next week, will be three mail boxes for every 5. I don’t remember if I mentioned this, but I want to do something special after we run our mile without stopping. I am thinking of a special trip, maybe to Stone Mountain. My husband was thinking bowling. Ha, ha. My boys and I have other plans.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quick run-by posting --

Not the best day, though yesterday was GREAT because I totally "ate-by-numbers" and miscalculated, and so ended up under points (for the first time EVER). Unfortunately the binge monster is rearing its head today, I had a long conversation with myself about whether it would be OK to stop at Wendy's for lunch. I didn't, but did end up eating the rest of those damn PB pretzels!
And I don't know what's going on for dinner tonight; I'm half hoping my boyfriend surprises me with chocolate, but also half hoping he doesn't.

No time for personal responses, except I just want to commiserate with Adaem -- my scale is in slow-mo and it is SO frustrating. But my pants are looser, so whatever.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #156  
TBL-Red Team Member

2B2: I just looked up that stroller that I am looking at. It is the Baby Jogger Performance Series.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #157  
TBL-Red Team Member

2B2: The other one that I am looking at is the Baby Jogger ATS it is a single jogging stroller. The manufacture doesn't recommend actually jogging with the City series.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #158  
TBL-Red Team Member

S: Congrats on loose pants! Take that any day!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Mmavis...I am rooting for you to see 147!!! I know you can do it. You are sooooo close i can feel it!!!

ShinkingLizzy...i know how you feel about half wanting your boyfriend to surprize you with chocolate. I'm the same way. I know he won't because a)he knows i don't need it because of my "diet" and b) i don't really like most of the chocolate that comes in those heart boxes...but they sure are pretty!!!

Alright...i am weighing in at 131.5 today. Yay!!! That puts me at 2.5 so far. Yahooooooo.... I can't even believe it.

Hope everyone is having a great Valentines Day!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #160  

Height: 5ft 4in

Mom2 - Thank you for your word of incouragement!! I really needed that! I will stay strong and keep up with my walking and P90. Good job on the running!

Lizzy - Did you get your chocolate?

Lumi - Congrats!! I will get there someday.

Well, I am not going to pay too much attention to the scale for a while. So what if I don't lose 5 lbs this month. Slow and steady wins the race.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Talking Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo

WOOOOOO HOOOO
as of today i have stayed on track for one week!!!! *dancey dancey* i just realized that today marked a full week for me.
So I've managed to work out 45 minutes every day, eat 1200-1300 calories each day, and drink my water.

next week Thursday or Friday, when i remember to, I'm going to do my first weigh in, i hope i see good results, I'm afraid to weigh in cause I'm concerned i may not see results.

I'm thinking I'm going to be more lax on Saturday, its my official valentines day for me, my boyfriend couldn't come down to see my today so were pushing valentines day to Saturday when were together ^^ ill try to do some walking with him that day, but I'm not going to push too hard i want to relax.

2beautiful2bfat: the peanut butter cake recipe is pretty simple. if i remember it properly, its:
1 box yellow cake mix, you mix as it directs, then add 1 cup peanut butter. i usually melt it so it mixes better. then bake as directed. be sure to check it because some times it cooks in the exact time on the box other times its a little longer, its a bit fickle, but if its not cooked add five minutes on till its done. i just check it with a tooth pick or fork, you might get a little peanut butter on it, but if its only a tiny bit its done.
next the frosting, my mum uses cream cheese frosting, but i would imagine any white frosting would do fine, then mix in 1/2 cup to a cup of peanut butter depending on preference. i melt the two together mix and pour on the cake.
some people say its better if its left over night, my dad prefers it that way but its good either way, fresh or day old.

depending on the mixes you use, it comes out to 1 serving 500 calories (ack i do half servings, its thick and half serving is very satisfying)
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 AM   #162  

Mom2- How much do your older kids weigh? I cannot imagine pushing my 7 yr old in the stroller. Are you sure you can push them? Have you tried it? I'm pretty strong and my baby weighs 20 pound and my daughter weighs 26 my MBUD weighs 35lbs and pushing all that can wear you out!!

Are you actually using it to jog or just hike and stuiff? I actually do soem light jogging with the MBUD which like the city series is not a jogger and more of an all terrain. I have had no problems but if you are really going to run that is probably a diffent story although truthfully I was jogging with my pliko p3!!

You shudl be okay getting the stroller into a van. wE have an SUV (much less trunk space) and we manage.

Lumi- you are amazing!! You are so close to goal!!

Mousai thanks for the recipe but 500 calories!! Wow are you sure about that? Even a slice of cheesecake doesn't have that much!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:41 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Whew, so many post, good for us.

I know nothing about baby joggers, other than I wish they had been around when my babies (17 & 20) came along. I had a crappy stroller with the little tiny wheels that caught everything. Gave up and used a baby backpack all the time. Loved that though.

Mousai- OP for a week!! Great Job!
if you make the cake, I will try a slice, but I can't make it cause I'd eat the whole thing. Can't seem to restrain myself to just one.

Lumi- wow, the weight is just falling off, good for you!

Rachel, I am running the C25K on the times right now, is 25 minutes of walking and running, trying to move up the speed every time. Yesterday, I went 1.53 miles.

SL, did you get your chocolate? Looser pants are a victory! You go girl!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #164  

Okay I just weighed in for today and I am at 201. so 3 lbs lost his week for a total of 5 lbs for february!!! Yay!! I hope I can lose another 5!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #165  

Height: 5ft 4in

Mousai - Way to go!!

Well official weigh in today - 144. Well at least it did not go up anymore. I will take staying the same. This is going to be a tough weekend (it has been a tough week) We are getting together for dinner and bowling with my siblings and their spouces and the bowling alley has really good burgers and sandwitches but horrible salads. I will have to take an extra walk or something on Sat.

Have a good weekend everyone!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote