Old 02-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #241  

Height: 5ft 4in

Well, I am ending the month at 144. Not bad, but I will try to better next month. I quess the point is that I did lose. See you all next month!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Adaem you still have 3 days!!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

mon23bc: my dogs are both chow, lab, and wolf mixes. theyre beautiful dogs, and i know its an odd combination.
Heres a picture of them...
thats matt on the left and kane on the right. theyre both loosing theyre winter coat so theyre a bit dirty.

im going to try and push for another hour walk, hoping the weather holds, it was raining this morning.
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #244  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Hi

Okay so I hope I can join for March. I like doing these challenge things and this one seems active.
SW- 227.5
GW- 145

I am doing a "Biggest Loser" contest at work. I've lost 15 pounds so far. I need to stay motivated.

Mousai- cute dogs. I have 4 of my own, plus a horse, a cat, a goat, and some chickens.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone..... How's it going? Wow I haven't been here in forever. I feel like I completely dropped off of the face of the earth. First I met new boyfriend. Things are still going WONDERFUL between us. =) VERY wonderful. Plus I had some issues with my job recently and have made the decision to not stay with the same school district next year. SO..... I'm going through the stress of being unemployed come June, and trying to find another job in a new school district. I'm willing to move ANYWHERE just about, so hopefully I can find something! I just thought I'd give everyone an update, since I haven't posted in like 2 weeks. Oh yeah, haven't lost any weight, but haven't gained any either. Hopefully I'll be back in my workout glory sometime soon. =)
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #246  

mtiger: lol sounds like me kinda: 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 gerbils, and 3 birds
we like animals in my house. my dad brings home animals that have been injured we nurse them back and let em loose. the last animal he brought home was a bat, before that my mum brought home a pidgin

bleh back from my walk, one hour and 6 minutes
note to self, have a snack before walking, i was so hungry towards the end it was hard to keep walking. so now im happily enjoying a truffle and going to get some dinner going.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #247  

Height: 5ft 4in

2B -You are right. Alot can happen in 2 days. It would be great to end the month at 143!

Mousai - Cute dogs! I have 2 (I say "I" because I am the one who takes care of them - mostly) A 12(?) year old Weimeriener (sp) and a 3 year old German Wire Hair that thinks she is a 5 lb lap dog, (she is about 45-50lbs) which is one of the things I love about her!! She is actually laying on my lap right now while I am trying to type. I could never take them for a walk! We have a fenced in back yard so they get outside alot.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am close oh so close to being down 1 or maybe even 2 for the month, crossing my fingers for tomorrow's weigh in.

I would like 5 but that didn't happen this month. 2 would be fine, I saw the 18 back a ways, not a snowballs chance in he** I can ever put up those kind of numbers...I am however, sticking with the C25K, just finished week 3 last night, so my exercise is good, my food is decent although I tried calorie counting vs low carb for a few weeks and that was not the right plan for me. Back on track with carbs now and feeling much better.

Good luck all, 2 more days, get your workout in!

Last edited by mothermavis; 02-28-2008 at 07:02 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #249  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Just for clarity. I have been using the 1st day of the next month for my ending weight. I feel that anything can happen in a day, so I don’t want to loose that last day. Anyone want to give me thoughts on this?????

MotherMavis: You really are doing so good on the C25. How far were you able to run when you first started? How are you liking the program? Do you do very low carbs? I used to do Atkins. I really have to watch my carbs in the afternoon and night, or I won’t loose.

2b2: Congrats on making it to Wonderland!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!!

Theresia: Where did you go? I am glad you are back and ready to start again. Vacations are the toughest.

Adaem: That is so true. A loss is a loss….a lot better than a gain.

Mousai: Oh they are soooo beautiful. Do you take both dogs for a walk at the same time? I used to have Dobermans before husband and kids. I never took them for a walk. They took me for a walk. My kids would also love your house with the animals. Wow! A bat!!!

Lumi: That is me too. See below! I hope you see your 131.5 soon. Just think, by the end of March, you could be in the 120’s.

Mtiger: Welcome to the challenge. We are a very active board. Sometimes the weekends slow down, but not too bad. I hope you come back and let us get to know you. My kids would love your house by the way with all your animals. Can you come back on the first and give me your start weight for that day? Congrats on the 15 pounds so far.

KC: Missed you! I am so glad things are going great with the boyfriend. And so sorry about the stress that you are going through with having to find a new job this summer.

So I only saw 191.5 for one day. Then it went and stayed at 193.5 for a long time. Then last week went horrible and I got up to 197 (ugh). Well, I was really good yesterday trying to get this water weight off; plus I am not bloating anymore from that time of month. This morning I am down to 193.5 again. So for my mental motivation, I don’t like changing my number up to 193.5 until the end of the month. I really need a miracle to loose 3.5 pounds by the 1st of March. So I am going to be really good today, try to get in some extra exercise this next couple of days, and see what happens.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

My weight is up today but i'm not stressing. It was 135 this morning...but i am soooooooooo sore today. I had gym on Monday and we did ALOT of jumping jacks and i unfortunately do them on my toes...so my calves are really, really, sore. Then i had class again last night and my thighs are pretty sore too. So...i know i am retaining fluids in those muscles. That's why i'm not stressed. Hoping by tomorrow i will have flushed some of that water weight out and will at least see 133. That would be great. To at least lose one pound this month. I swear...as soon as my boyfriend goes back to working a day job, i will be eating more on plan than i have been recently. I try to bring food for both of us to eat at lunch or he'll fix something that is not as lean and low cal as i would normally eat. Not that i won't miss him at lunchtime but at least i can start dropping weight again.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #251  

mom23bc: i only walk them one at a time, they bicker with each other if i take them both, and i only have one training leash. kane, the fluffy one, does great on a leash, i walk him. matt however, walks me, so were working on fixing that, hes never been a good leash dog.

i just weighed in ^^ im going to check again tomorrow so i get that last day before we start the new month, but im at 196.5 heeee down another 1.5 so thats a whole 3.5 since i started. its a nice wake up call on my day off from school and getting to sleep in so im in a terrific mood!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

mom 2 I liek the idea of weighing in on march 1st!! What does everyone else do? It gives us an extra day so i am all for it!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

gosh i dont even have time to read up but i'm thinking of you all!!
mom2 -- yes i did make it to the gym that day and the next and the next....

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:24 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

OK I’m back. Can’t sleep.
2B2BF: how is the butt kicking effort going? Just read that you made your 3/1 goal to onederland – congrats!!
GirlieYorkie – Hey thanks for checking back! Nice weight loss!!
Mousai – funny to outrun your pooch!! They are cute!! Sounds like you’re doing great with the walking, keep it up!
Mom2 – not quite sure how Lane Bryant is carrying a size 1…but whatever. Sizes are so hard to go by! I do it, I definitely think, “I want to be a 4 or 6,” but honestly, that is really pretty meaningless! As for the official final weigh in day, I always figured we do what we want…after all, we don’t have money or anything riding on this. By the way, congrats on starting such a popular thread!! Nice idea!
Mavis – you’re doing so great with the jogging!! You will definitely get to 145…yikes…this is serious, now! Just read your second post –
Quote:
“I saw the 18 back a ways, not a snowballs chance in he** I can ever put up those kind of numbers”
?? What 18?
Lumi – yeah. I just had to do the same thing. I saw my scale flash 139.5 on 2/21 (it always flashes a half pound below and then settles on the real weight) and now I’m at 142 again. Which, I believe, gives me no loss for Feb (so far, we still have a day!). I’ve been doing this 5 lb a month challenge since Dec, and I think maybe I’ve lost a total of 5 lbs the entire time! But the thing I always think is that if I go high on my ending weight for the month, then I have less to make up for the next month (I wouldn’t want to lie and say I’m at 140 and then have to lose 7 lbs next month!) Anyway good luck with your solo lunches!
Theresia – welcome back from vaca! Hey, I didn’t really lose anything this month either, and I don’t even have a good excuse!
Adaem – 144. I was so stuck at 144 for so long. It is so hard to shed those last few…looking at your numbers I remember that we are really close for goals and starting, and I always think about how I hear others say it’s hard to shed the last few, but for me, it isn’t really the last few – I was just getting started! And all of a sudden, staaaaaaaaalllled. Oh well. Better than gaining, right?
Mtiger
KC! Hey! Glad to hear things are good with the boyfriend, but that is a bummer about the unemployment. I hear you. It is hard to contemplate looking for work when all you hear all around is “recession, recession, recession.” You’ll be back to working out sooner or later. Keep checking in either way, though!!

OK! My turn!
So, I finally spent the $$ and joined WW online. I'm excited to use all the online tools and stuff...we'll see. I had a disheartening moment when I tried to sign up and it said my name was taken -- it was taken by me, from 4 years ago, when I attempted this the last time. So I signed in with my old info and found that the last time I tried this, I was at exactly the same weight, with exactly the same goal. I even remember how horribly and desperately I binged when I stopped trying, too...but not this time! I didn't have 3FC last time, this time I do! Not to mention being 4 years older and wiser.

I even ate 2 slices of pizza tonight that were totally OP, AND wine, and honestly, even if the counts are totally wonky, the fact is that I don't feel guilty and so I won't fall off the wagon. So strange how that works...

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:55 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Lizzy- I was talking about Dandk's 18 pounds lost this month. I think I'm gonna get to 2, I can't imagine getting to 10, so 18 pounds in a month just is completely a foreign concept for me!!
Congrats on rejoining WW. I have never tried it, but there was a group of women at work who did awesome with it.

2B2 - Welcome to onderland!!

Mom23BC- I was not running at all when I started C25K. I had run a few 5k's a few years back, but I fell on the ice last winter and had not been able to do much since without a whole lot of knee pain
(I fell while walking my dog, or rather, while my dog walked me!)
and then I had to have surgery on my leg in September, so I was out of commission for the running. I'm a little nervous for the next week because you run 5 minutes in a row and I was glad to walk after 3 minutes, so I may have to repeat week 3 before I move on, we will see. There's a thread over on the exercise part with a bunch of folks who are starting the c25K tomorrow (March 1) for anyone who is interested.

Lumi- best wishes on getting back the your healthy lunches. But honestly, you are doing so well, I am usually in awe when I read your posts.

Theresia, I agree with Lizzy, some months are better than others, for being on vacation, you did awesome!

I am gonna weigh tomorrow too.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote