Old 06-01-2007, 05:20 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Count me in for the June Challenge. This is going to be really hard for me, 1 month totally on track!
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #152  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Good morning everyone,

Sorry to hear about your computer problems Lux but glad your back.

Well I woke this morning at 5am and did laundry andddd my 40min. workout so I'm on track for June 1st. My plan is to exercise 5 mornings a week and end the day with some form of cardio(walk, run, gym) what ever suits me from day to day. It's stinking hot and humid here right now so I usually wait for the evening to do cardio. I seem to find time for everything but me lately so my goal is to make my exercise my priority this month.
Eating will be mindful and varied depending on the day. I find my eating patterns tend to follow calorie cycling naturally. At some point I will be following a strick juice fast for 5-7 days for detox not weight loss, but not sure when it will be. I will avoid sugar and simple carbs but relax this rule once a week. My biggest goal will be to go an entire month with out having any hormonally induced binging so protein will be really important on these days. It's only taken 20 years to figure out this pattern and I'm still working on it.
Good luck everyone,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #153  

Height: 5'6"

hi everybody well my goal for june is to stay on plan with 3 off plan days n to eat salad everyday before lunch n snack in the evening n as for exercise i wanna walk 5 days a week n drink lots of water i.e 80 oz and most important to avoid sugar n bad carbs .........completely so lets see how it goes ok i gotta go baby is crying bbye n tc
strawberryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up June Super Mini Challenge Day 1!!!!

Hi Everyone:

I am so jazzed reading everyones goals--I love how you are tailoring your plans to your needs--that is awesome!!

My goal is to stay on Nutrisystem, to measure my non-nutrasystem foods and to make sure to eat the fruit and veggies. Drink 96 oz of water. Walk 30 minutes 5 days a week, do leg exercises and stretches 5 days a week. I am losing a consistent 2 lbs a week so I want to lose 8 lbs this month.

I started out well today--already had my walk--sucking in my abs like Aimin said-- and part of my stretches. I got my hip-hop abs dvds today and plan to check them out--but that will be extra not required on my plan.

I think everyone is getting excited by this mini challenge--I see lots more posting today! How about we work on posting when we are tempted or not doing as well as we would like? That way we can get help!

So far Strawberry, Nina, Barb, Dolly are on the challenge--lets have a fantastic day one!

Brigid: so fantastic to hear from you--I was getting a little worried. Sorry about the internet problems--I hate that. One time my internet was out for over a week and I finally went to Kinkos and paid to go online! I wanted to check my e-mails. Good luck in finding a new place. Sounds like a little space would be nice.

Lekiha: thanks for the tips--sounds like you are pretty active. I really like the mindful part--that is the hardest for me. I can get into automatic eating pretty quickly. And taking a walk with the kids and hubby is a great healthy habit!

KT: I know what works for me--I am on nutrisystem so I pretty much have all my meals planned for me. My friends know that the only things I can have when we go out are salad with lite dressing, herb tea and starbucks (if I plan to save my dairy portions.) I also bring my nutrisystem meals with me if I go to friends houses during mealtime. It makes it simple and they are very supportive. In fact one of my friends now always gets salad with me when we go out and we are always looking for places that have good salads. I think figuring out a way to keep it simple and really commit to it. I know it is hard. I was into a big going out to lunch thing for a while and just would hog out--big lunch with dessert and bread and everything. I would be so stuffed I could hardly move. I also gained a bunch of weight really fast! Good luck and keep us posted!

to everyone--we are going to lose a lot of weight and bad habits this month--guaranteed!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #155  
Jillybean

S/C/G: 203/199/150

Well, I seem to do best when I cut out my sugar and workout regularly. So my goal is to stay away from all sugar and eat healthy. I plan to do at least 30 min. of cardio via treadmill, elliptical or tae-bo. Today I cut the grass in 94 degree heat so I will consider that my cardio for the day. My ultimate goal is to loose 30 lbs. by labor day so I will make my June goal 10 pounds. I weighed today and I have not lost any. Still at 199. But considering how bad I was this week, I am grateful I did not GAIN. So I'll take a no loss. Congrats on all those who stuck to it today and good luck tomorrow.
jarwood150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #156  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I started my food journal again as well. I found that really worked for me before....to at least be mindful of what I was eating.

It really was the mindless eating that got me where I am now. I am just so excited!! I'm going to look SMASHING at my son's 2nd birthday on June 24th and knock the socks off my relatives!!!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #157  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi all,

I will check in on Tuesday as I am leaving for vacation in about 10 minutes!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #158  
Jillybean

S/C/G: 203/199/150

Good Morning Ladies! Well, I just watched a infomercial for Slim in 6. Has anyone tried this program? If so, what did you think of it? Good luck today!!
jarwood150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #159  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in for a minute. I had a good day yesterday, so I am pumped for the month I stayed totally on plan, so I think that bodes well for the challenge ahead.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Stay safe, and eat right
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

Alright, count me in for the June challenge! Yesterday, I did ok. Didn't go to the gym, but did get some exercise dancing around the house cleaning and doing laundry LOL And my 4yo & I put on a dance show for the 2yo....I am SOOO glad that we finished it before my MIL showed up

So, for yesterday, I am 1/1 Here's hoping that I can stay on track today, too. I need to take my kids to the mall- my son needs new shoes, and we need to buy some gifts for upcoming parties...I'm hoping to keep them away from the food court

My daily goals:
8 bottles of water
log food into FitDay BEFORE eating
at least 30minutes of exercise
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #161  

Height: 5'6"

hi everybody yesterday went well but i didnt drink my last bottle of water as we had to go shopping n i just cant use public washrooms but i plan to drink that last bottle of water today plus todays water n things have slowed down a bit as my period is just around the corner but so far im doing well on food no bad things n lots of greens n salad hope u all have a fabulous weekend
strawberryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #162  

Default 1/1

Hi guys:

Okay I had a great day yesterday--so I am 1/1!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well so far--Strawberry--great plan to make up for yesterdays water today--after all sometimes there are reasons we dont do it exactly. I think that makes you 1/1 for sure!!

It feels really good to make the extra effort to stay with our goals--and I hope this 30 days will make it so I can make those goals a habit rather than the exception. Like now when I watch TV in the evening it is pretty automatic to get on the floor and start doing my stretches and leg exercises. It doesnt seem a chore particulalry since I get so much out of it. Plus when I walk in the morning I have more energy to get thru my day.

Lekiha: I think keeping a diary is a great idea--I read somewhere that it is one of the things that successful dieters do.

Brigid
: glad you are joining us for the minichallenge! And what a creative way to get exercise when you cant go to the gym--sounded like you guys had fun--who knows maybe MIL would have liked to join you!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

So yesterday I ate a lot becuase I went out with my friends. But today I walked around while shopping and then went for a quick run. I'm feeling pretty good right now about weigh in on Monday. I think I'll have dropped at least a pound which is what I'm looking for!
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:39 AM   #164  

Default Sunday

Hi all:

another good day on the June mini Challenge and I can say I'm 2/2!

KT: good job--any luck with coming up for a plan for eating with friends thing?

Brigid: didnt you have a good recipe for roasted broccolli?

Have a great day today--I am excited about weigh in tomorrow!

sno
Old 06-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

Sno- I love roasted Broccoli! In fact, I just made some last night I've also done this with cauliflower, carrots, and green beans

Here's what I do:
1. break up 2 bunches of broccoli into bite size peices(or however much fits in a single layer in my dish)
2. drizzle with EVOO (I usually use about 1 TBS, but I've forgotten the oil before and it's still yummy, just not as crispy)
3. add 1 clove minced garlic
4. season with salt & pepper

bake at 400 for 30-50 minutes (depending on if you like a fresher crunch or a well done crispness)

My son likes the fresher crunch, so I pull his veggies out at 30mins, then leave the rest in for about 15 more. I like mine when they are starting to get a bit black. I know it sounds strange, the first time I saw it, I thought I had ruined them, but they taste great

Yesterday was a good day! 2/2
I was in a very "snacky" mood, so I kept going on fitday and rearranging things so I could have 3 smaller snacks instead of 2...no, 4 smaller snacks...make that 5...LOL But, it was logged before I ate it, and I really like the power FitDay gives me to change stuff around like that. At one point yesterday, I was going to make fudge. For my dad, cause we saw someone eating fudge on TV, and he said it looked good. (my dad is going thru chemo and we are doing all we can to get him to eat and hopefully gain weight) But, I know me and I know that I can't make fudge without eating at least some of it. So, yesterday it was in my plan...but with the snacking I ended up taking it off. Without FitDay, and without being aware of when I'm snacking, or what I'm snacking on, I would have had the fudge AND the snacks!

I'm going to make the fudge today- it's a safer bet because my brother & sister & their families are coming over for dinner. AND I have some friends coming over to watch the new season of The Next Food Network Star With all these people over, I am pretty much guarenteed I will only get 1 peice of fudge, even if I wanted more LOL

Hope you all have a great day!
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote