Labor Day Challenge! - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #106  
Can't Never Did Nothin'

S/C/G: 212/166/140

Height: 5'6"

Good evening ladies! I wanted to say hello and to share a NSV, my first since I started keeping fit & healthy full-time again. After watching the season finale for a certain show which shall remain nameless because I'm rather embarassed about watching such tripe even though I've been watching it all season and it may or may not have something to do with singing...*sigh*... I was craving my usual late-night snack which I usually give in to. This time I decided to have a cup of uncaffeinated herbal tea instead! Yay for me, it's a major step, believe me!

Aimin, I love that ab thing, I've been trying it all day. I try to do crunches every single morning, but I missed them this morning (my son who's 2 woke up earlier than usual, or maybe it was me who woke up later ).

Nina, thanks for sharing the recipe. I have "vanilla latte" on the list I made of acceptable snacks and I love them (much cheaper than going to Starbucks now that I have my own machine), but I keep forgetting to get decaffeinated coffee so I can't have them at night. On the occasions I do it anyway, I pay for it by getting up all night long!

Snow, thanks so much for this inspirational thread! You're doing a great job organizing all our names and info. And congrats on the 5 pounds so far lost!
Catmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 265/259/150

Height: 5' 9"

Hello everyone! I just wanted to check in! 6 down this week so 29 to go in our Labor Day challenge!! I hope everyone is having a great week!!
Golightly120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Hi all:

My week is going great and I have gotten back on track with exercise--I was kindof knocked off my schedule by going out of town. My focus was so strongly on my eating that I didnt think about exercise but no harm done.

My week is going great--no problems with eating--some random cravings here and there but otherwise good. The fiji apples are really good right now and are lovely for a snack.

Here is our list so far--I took off those who have not checked in recently--if I mistakenly took you off please let me know--and if I got the figures wrong let me know. Together we have lost 30 lbs so far--great job!

Fitmom: will lose 40lbs by Labor Day
Jasmine: will lose 50lbs by Labor Day
Holly: will lose 35 lbs by Labor Day--6 down, 33 to go
Catmint: will lose 35 by Labor Day--2 down, 33 to go
Debbie: Will lose 32 lbs by Labor Day--2 down, 30 to go
Dcapulet: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Da--2.5 lost 17.5 to go
Strawberry: will lose 35 lbs by Labor day--7 down 30 to go!
Aimin: will lose 15 lbs by Labor Day
Dust: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Day--1 down 19 to go!
Nina: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Day--1 down 19 to go!
Abe: will 25 lbs by Labor Day
Dolly: will gain a max of 25lbs during pregnancy
Luxor: will lose 34 lbs by Labor Day
Barb: will lose 32 lbs by Labor Day--4 down 28 to go!
Sno: will lose 34 lbs by Labor Day--5 down 29 to go!

and have a great holiday weekend!

sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #109  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hi guys!
I think I have already counted myself in this challange but since I am in the May weightloss challange, I have been remiss in posting here. I am still going for 20 more pounds by labor day!

I've been doing well..taking care of my food intake and my exercise.

Hope everyone has a wonderful memorial day weekend.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #110  

Default Welcome back!

Hi Lekiha:

you must be psychic--I just took your name off the list because we hadnt heard from you in a while. I will put you back on immediately. Make sure you check in on Mondays to let us know how you are doing and tell us how much weight you have lost. Have a great weekend!

Lekiha: will lose 20lbs by Labor Day!
Old 05-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #111  

Default hip hop abs!

PS--Aimin--I logged on to the hip-hop abs website and ordered the DVD--I just couldnt resist!

Hope I can do it with my bad knee!

Hey how is everyone--havent heard from Brigid or Nina or Aimin or Dolly in a while. . .
Old 05-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone. I haven't posted in a while becuase things have been really hectic and becuase of my back problem I've gained about two pounds. I didn't weigh in last monday but I am going to this monday to assess the damage. But I am back to easy exercises and hopefully more weightloss. Keep me on the list please!
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #113  
Jillybean

S/C/G: 203/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! I am new to 3FC and just stumbled onto this challenge. It sounds like just what I need to stay motivated. Is it too late to join in? A little background...I am 32 and SICK OF BEING FAT!!! I recently went over the 200 mark and that WOKE ME UP! My overall goal is to loose 50 pounds. If I can join in this challenge, my goals are to workout everyday. I have come up with a routine and I HOPE it will work out for me. Mon-Fri I will get up in morning walk to the neighborhood pool (1 - 1half mile) swim 20-30 laps and walk back home. Mon, Wed, Fri afternoon- Curves and then 10 min on the elliptcal and half mile on treadmill. Tues, Thur afternoon, 1 hr workout doing 1 mile on TM and 20 min on elliptical. Each day I will do my warm up stretches and crunches. I am not very aware of proper excerises so if anyone has any other ideas, I am open to suggestions. My weight loss goal for Labor day is to hit 169, thats 30 pounds. I wish everyone the best of luck with their goals.
jarwood150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #114  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Hi everyone,

Well I've had a crazy weekend. It was my 40th b-day and loads of excitment and of course the surprise party. I didn't even have time to feel sad about the new decade. I didn't quite make 40 before 40 but 36lbs was not bad. I'm still determined to bring the weight off and establish healthy life style patterns so it stays off for good. I'm getting right back into it tomorrow.
Aimin I've got my neighbor hip hop abs video to try. Going to do it early tomorrow morning. Well I'm tired so will check in tomorow. Good luck everyone with weighin tomorrow.

Cheers,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #115  

Default Sunday

Hi all:

another great week--after some hot weather I am enjoying a little fog in our area--I like it a little cooler, especially at night.

Nina: that is so awesome about the 36 pounds--you are so close to your goal! I hope you really pat yourself on the back--after all as you know, you coulda been gaining weight during this time!!

Jilly: I think the most important part of an exercise program is creating something you can keep up for the long term not just doing a bunch of exercise in the hope of quitting it when you have lost your weight--otherwise the weight will just come back on. Also, your body needs some rest so perhaps at least one rest day?

Kt: welcome back--hope you are feeling better!

Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow, everyone!

Sno
Old 05-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #116  

Jilly: will lose 30lbs by Labor Day
KT: will lose 17lbs by Labor Day
Lekiha: will lose 20lbs by Labor Day
Old 05-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #117  
Can't Never Did Nothin'

S/C/G: 212/166/140

Good morning ladies. Well, sorry to say but I'm UP 2 pounds! (Sno, for your recording purposes that puts me back at 210, which gives me a net loss/gain of exactly 0.)

Jilly & Sno: Sno, you mentioned Jilly needs a day of rest but I think she has a rest day built-in on the weekends, am I right Jilly? I only mention it because I only have one day of rest built in to my exercise schedule, too, and that's on Saturday. I do treadmill Sun-Fri, Bowflex M,W,F, and calisthentics every morning. Also, we try to walk the dogs twice a day in the neighborhood, but with a toddler I can only go so fast and so far. But I didn't get my exercise the latter part of this week, I was very sick. Headache for several days (I thought it was a result of all the smoke we've got here in Atlanta from the Florida fires) and then major stomach virus of some kind this weekend. Not trying to make excuses, but I'm frustrated that I couldn't get all my exercise in. I'm more motivated than ever now, I even got up at 6:15 this morning and got started bright and early!

Hope everyone else did better than I did. Can't wait to see your results, I know you did great!
Catmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #118  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

I havent lost anything yet, I did get in 4 exercise sessions last week including 3 with weights. I am proud of that and hope to do 5 sessions this week and add ten minutes to each workout. I am hoping to lose next week.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Weekly Check-in!! I am so excited I am down in the 160's, which I haven't seen in a while! Woo Hoo!! So far I have lost 5.1 pounds!!

Aim - I have also been trying the ab thing and I can feel it working! Thanks for the tips! I still have to get one of those rubber things so I have not tried the other ones yet.

Jilly -

Have a great Memorial Day everyone!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #120  

Default Monday 14 weeks to go!

Hi all:

well I lost 2lbs this week which was my goal. I am slow and steady on my way to Labor Day! Congrats to all the losers and hang in there to all those who didnt lose--just keep going!!

Sno