Old 06-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys,
I am so happy I have just found 3FC and this wonderful support thread. I was wondering if it was too late to join you guys?

I am a stay at home mom. My DS Riley is 4 and my DD, Sophia is 13 months. We are not planning anymore pregnancies, so now is time to lose this weight! Plus I am so out of shape, I would love to be able to run and play with my kids and have more energry to get things done. Just hate how tired I am every day.

So my goals are:
1. Drink at least 80oz per day
2. Work out at least 5 time a week
3. Record what I eat everyday
4 Lose 15 lbs by Labor day

Thanks so much, I look forward to getting to know you all!!
jbaby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #197  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

vacation left me running in place.... but i am back on the wagon and trying to make next saturday's weigh in a great one!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Thursday!

Wow--it is almost a week since we started our mini challenge! Tomorrow lets check in and celebrate what we accomplished--make sure to put your score--I am 6/6 so far and plan to be 7/7 by the end of the day!

Jen--of course you can join us! We report our weight loss, or challenges on Mondays. I generate a list that shows how you are doing so far! Try to check in as much as you can--and when you are struggling this group is awesome at providing support and tips on how to get going!

dcapulet: good job on maintaining on vacation! And good to hear from you.

Strawberry: thanks for the nice long post--isnt it great when someone comes to visit and you have to get your house together? We have been regular hermits so the hours is a sty.

Nina: we're doing it! Hopefully my new hip hop abs will arrive soon

Bridget--okay now we have to get you and strawberry together and create a show! I'd watch it for sure!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #199  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Good news! Down 2 pounds YAY!! I have been stalled so long I was close to giving it up. Now I am just hoping to eek out one more pound before my official weigh in Sunday. Fingers crossed!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/135

Yay sockmonkey, congrats on your weight loss and getting that hump!

Sno - thank you so much for letting me join you. If it's ok, I usually weigh in at home on Fridays. My husband and I have a little competition between ourselves on who can lose the most that week and Fridays is our weigh in day.

I went to Bootcamp last night, wow what a work out! Now I know what those people on the biggest loser is going through. I was so tired I almosted . I can only imagin how sore I am going to be this weekend.

Hope everyone is doing good, and good luck this weekend. Weekends are always tough!
jbaby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #201  

Default Friday!

Hi all:

it has been a great 100% week for me and I am 7/7 so far for June! I have been thinking more about my portions and when I am tempted to grab a berry when I open the fridge, I think about keeping it 100% so I dont. Also keeping track of exercise and making sure I am on track really helps.

sock: great job! It is always nice to have a loss to get you going. We knew you could do it!

Jbaby: Yes--thats fine--some people have different weigh in days--just make sure to check in on monday and remind me of how much you lost for the week and how you are doing overall!

Take care everyone!

Sno
Old 06-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! Today I had a huge lunch but I ate well for breakfast and (hopefully am going to) for dinner. I had a nice long workout and am feeling pretty good right now. As for all the people wondering, Dragonboating is a Chinese sport. It consists of a longboat with 20 paddlers (ten rows, two people side by side) a drummer to keep the time, and a coxie in the back to steer. It is very physically demanding and a special technique is used to actually paddle. It demands that every paddler stroke at the same time and it is incredible to watch.
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 255/235/167

Height: 5'3

Talking

I think im going to join in the labor day challenge! ive been fat for too long time to shed those pounds i read a couple of yalls postings bout how you would start off really good and then get discouraged and "fall off the wagon" well thats me in a nut shell i can have everything planned out and in order do sooooooooo great and then it all falls apart i really need people to support me through all of this!! i plan to work out at least an hr a day 5 days a week and change my diet... i have done the "drastic" diets of only eating like 650*750 cals a day.. so im pretty sure i can hang w/ 1400 a day a while back almost a year ago my dr told me that she wanted me to be put on a 1600 cal day diet sooo i think 1400 should do tha trick... anyways like most of yall ive struggled w/ my weight since right before i got prego w/ my daughter when i was 16yrs and im going to be 23 tomaro! soooooo i had lost a lot of weight right before i met my hubby and then a year later we were married, i got pregnant and gain most of the weight back! so almost 2 yrs later and my "baby weight" is still here! i need help bad!!! anyone!!?!?!? please help lol im making a commitment to log on everyday get tips and advice and what i need most of all is support! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

BTW i plan to loose 18lbs by September 9th... labor day was the closest challenge!
chunkybanana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #204  

Height: 5ft6"

hey! i want to join this challenge... hope i'm not too late! i want to really work hard this summer and stay on plan to lose 25 lbs... to put me at 135 lbs by labour day! i really want to lose this excess weight and go back to school a new slimmer girl!

My goals are:
1: 1300-1600 cal/day
2. exercise 5 times per week
3. post on 3FC regularly to keep on track
4. eliminate refined sugar/processed foods as much as possible... they are a major trigger of a binge for me.

Good luck!
mesilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

to all our newcomers! Glad to have you join us

jbaby: good luck on the competition with the hubby! LOL we did that for a while, then I won a few too many times and my hubby decided he didn't want to play anymore :P

Snow: You are doing awesome!!!! Keep it up! (I'm starting to think more and more about Nutrisystem, just don't know if I could make it work while still making food for everyone else, I'm just tired of having to THINK about food so much, y'know?)

sockmonkey: WooHoo!!!! 2 more pounds gone is fantastic!!!! WTG!

Nina: thanks for the kind words I am very happy to say that my dad is feeling a bit better, and is at least trying to be optomistic for my sake...but I'll take what I can get.

kt: Dragonboating sounds very cool!

Well, I am happy to say that I have been doing well, getting in that water, moving around, and working with FitDay to keep track of food. I am 6/8!!

I made one of my favorite meals last night and after dinner prompty put the leftovers away. Hubby made the comment that he was surprised I didn't eat seconds and I said "Well, I can always have more, besides I know how to make it" Which made me think- I do almost all the cooking in the house (hubby makes a handful of meals) So, why eat more of soemthing if I'm not hungry? Sure, it tastes good- but I can always have it LATER! I really enjoy the taste of tacos- so instead of eating 4 tacos in one night, why not have tacos twice in one week? I know how to make it. I can make it and eat it whenever I want. I do not need to gorge right now. I am not storing up food for the winter! LOL Ok, just an idea that I know I've had before, but had forgotten until last night.

I am very happy to say that right now I am feeling full of power again. And I can do anything! I need to get started planning tomorrow. It will be a bit of a challenge- I have a baby shower at my church to go to (it's a salad luncheon, but I don't know what kinda salad.....) then we are going to dinner and a movie in the evening (although we are pretty sure about the restaurant, so I need to check their website and see if they have good info) I'm so excited about Ocean's 13!!! I love movies about cons and thiefs, and heists! (I have heist as a keyword on TiVo, anything that uses that word in it's description gets recorded for me! ) And I love Matt Damon, Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts! George Clooney is growing on me too.

My goals for today are:
1. plan food for tomorrow
2. get that stupid drawer put together.....or make hubby do it
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #206  

Default Saturday!

HI all!

Another fantastic 100% day! 7/7 and counting!

I got up and went out gardening--ended up doing about 2 hours work without even realizing it. So my exercise is done for the day. That feels good. Well, I still need to do my leg exercises tonight.

I got my hip hop abs video! I did the fat burning cardio one yesterday and it was really fun! I wanted to do it again today but my knees were a little twingy so I am going to take it slow with that workout.

Kt: dragon boating sounds really fun--I bet you have great arms and pecs!

chunky: yep we all relate to your story--we are doing such a hard thing but it is so worth it! Let us know what your exercise goals are too!

mesilla: you have some wonderful goals

Bridget: you are doing so well--you sound filled with motivation! I am sure you are going to succeed.. Yes that is what i love about nutrisystem. What I eat is so clear that I just dont question it or hassle it. I have not lost weight this easily ever. (If you or anyone else is starting nutrisystem I can send you a coupon and possibly some more money saving ideas. Send me a private e-mail with your e-mail address and I will send you a coupon)

Mesilla will lose 25 lbs by Labor day
Chunkybanana: will lose 18 lbs by Labor day
Jbaby: will lose 25 lbs by Labor Day
Flow: will lose 30 lbs by Labor Day
Sockmonkey: will lose 27 lbs by Labor day
Jilly: will lose 30lbs by Labor Day
KT: will lose 17lbs by Labor Day--1 down, 16 to go!
Lekiha: will lose 20lbs by Labor Day
Fitmom: will lose 40lbs by Labor Day
Jasmine: will lose 50lbs by Labor Day
Holly: will lose 35 lbs by Labor Day--6 down, 33 to go!
Catmint: will lose 35 by Labor Day--5 down, 30 to go!
Debbie: Will lose 32 lbs by Labor Day--5 down, 27 to go!
Dcapulet: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Da--2.5 lost 17.5 to go!
Strawberry: will lose 35 lbs by Labor day--9 down 26 to go!
Aimin: will lose 15 lbs by Labor Day
Dust: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Day--1 down 19 to go!
Nina: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Day--3 down 17 to go!
Abe: will 25 lbs by Labor Day
Dolly: will gain a max of 25lbs during pregnancy
Luxor: will lose 34 lbs by Labor Day
Barb: will lose 32 lbs by Labor Day--8 down 24 to go!
Sno: will lose 34 lbs by Labor Day--12 down 22 to go!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I have been really busy but I would still like to be a part of this challenge!! For last Monday, I did not check in, but I am checking in now I have gained 1 pound. I hope this coming Monday will be a loss for me!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

So this weigh in was kind of dissappointing. I was really hoping for a two pound loss but it was only one. I know that keeps with my goal for June (for pounds/one pound a week) but I just felt like I could move a bit faster, guess not.
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #209  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all and welcome to all the new comers. This is a great support thread and the more the merrier. Well I'm down another pound this week so I'm sitting at 151 and determined to break into the 140's by next monday. On the June mini I'm 9/9 and still trying for 21 days strait on plan.
Sno your doing so awesome and your right to take it slow with anything new. It's hard to hold back when something is fun but you don't want that knee to flare up. I've been really good lately with my knee and I'm ever so careful not to over do it because I hate being inactive.
Lux good job with those leftovers. Favorites are hard to portion control with but hopefully some will be left for you tomorrow. I love your roasted veggie recipe and do it often but there are not much left over because the whole family loves them.
Kt I've done dragonboating before. I'm frome Guelph and we have a big race weekend each year. I'm not doing it this year but have many friends doing it this year. Good luck with your training and race.
Have a great day everyone.

Cheers,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #210  

Height: 5'6"

good morning everybody and its so great to see all the ppl losing n losing n losing pounds ; such an inspiration
well my week went well n im also 9/9 and yesterday the scale showed that im down 5 pounds n today its showing that im one lb up now how in the world is that possible with everything going well
so i decided to go with 4 pounds which is not bad either n congrats to all who lost
wish u all a smashing week
strawberryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote