Labor Day Challenge! - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #31  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay was really busy yesterday and didn't have a chance to post. I have still only gained 4lbs so far. The gym was my friend today although food was not yesterday. DH made his spaghetti and meatballs and it was so good but so bad! Oh well I have the salad for lunch today. I tried an new breakfast today I added crumbled soy sausages to my eggwhites and spinach it gave it great flavor! Well everyone have a great day!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #32  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Hey Snow... will you add me to this challenge too? Thanks so much for setting this up!

Here is my story: I am 34 (will be 35 in June) years old and have been up and down in my weight since graduation from high school. I am 5ft 7 and my highest weight was 181 when I was 19 years old. Typically without dieting, I weigh between 165-170ish.

At Christmas-time in 06, I looked at my pictures from the Christmas formal and decided that this wasn't who I wanted to be, so I joined Snowbrocade, Nina, Dollypie, Luxorbea and some of the other girls who are now on this forum, on the 18 weeks til May challenge. With their love and support, a lot of sweat and some major food sacrifices, I have managed to lose 21 pounds since Jan 1st as part of my New Years Resolution and I now sit 15 pounds above my ideal weight goal of 130.

My plan is to stay between 1200 and 1300 calories a day and to alternate between cardio, toning and weight-lifting- doing some form of exercise for one hour daily- every day.
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #33  

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down

hi everybody how are u ? well yesterday was one of my blue days i did walk n excercise but i ate a whole bag of chocloate chip cookies and to top it off i got a cramp but now im on track again n ready to get slim .......and hey everybody what do you eat for breakfast ? i never seem to hve any choices except for my special k cereal n the rest of the things like bagels etc have so much calories so plz tell me abt some delicious breakfast ideas ok best of luck n tc
strawberryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #34  
Goodbye Fat!

strawberry, I am always and eggwhite omelete girl. It is three egg whites and then you can add any type of veggie you want to them or some lean meats. I have a glass of skim milk with it. So it ends up around 250 calories for breakfast. I always a snack of fruit and almonds few hours later though.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #35  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi there everyone,

Glad to see you on board for this one Aimin. I'm catching up to you and have set my goal weight for 135 as well. I'm hoping to actually keep it up through the summer and try and finally get into a regular exercise routine. It's hard with a busy lifestyle but no excuses hey.

I've been right on track today so that's two weeks of good eating patterns and going for a month. I walked about 5kms today and was very active at work.

Strawberry I often have a protein fruit smoothy for breakfast, or an egg white omelete mixed with veggies, my favorite is mixed with tomatoes black olives and fetta cheese. I find starting the day with protein helps keep blood sugar stable and helps keep me on track for the rest of the day. Been there many times with the bag of cookies or pint of ice cream. Good on you getting back in the mind set so quickly.

Dolly that spagetti sounds like it was worth it. Your doing so good with your regular exercise and only 4 pounds. Bet you can't wait until you feel the first flutter. It kind of becomes real when you feel the first little movements.

Cheers,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #36  

Hey, I will join in on this! I AM TIRED OF NOT BEING PROUD OF MY BODY! I do great for about a week then off to my habits

MY GOALS!
* Check in DAILY!
* Exercise 5x a week ATLEAST - (This will also help me get on track for my triathalon)
* Make healthy choices NO EATING OUT!!!! Absolutely NONE!
*Get rid of some of this WEIGHT!!

YAY!! I am excited GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
fat n fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

Aimin- Glad to see you joining us again! 21 down and just 15 more to go! Your Christmas photos this year are gunna be awesome!!!!

Dolly- that breakfast sounds yummy, any chance you wanna come over some morning and whip it up for me? ROFL Sounds like things are going well for you, keep it up

Strawberry- my favorite breakfast right now is lowfat cottage cheese with just a little bit of crushed pineapple in it. It fills me up, and keeps me going until lunch (I eat breakfast about 7, and lunch at like 11) I really like omletes, but I have 4 kids who need food in the morning, and if they see eggs, they want eggs LOL And there is no way I can cook eggs for them, and for me, and get us to school on time- so it's cottage cheese for me during the week LOL The other thing I do is keep Slim Fast Meal Bars in my car, for the days when I'm on the way to the gym and realize I forgot to eat my breakfast....I'm getting better with that tho. Great job getting yourself focused again to get back on plan

The weather here has been really hot. Like all I can do is lay down on the couch and read to my kids kinda hot. I'm going to the gym tomorrow. No ifs ands or buts. I have my gym bag packed and ready to go. Hubby is taking kids to school, and I'm taking the little ones to the gym. The day is planned. Plus, if I'm gunna make it 3 days, I need to get started!!! LOL

Totally off topic, but I gotta share-- my 2 little girls (2 & 4) are FINALLY POTTY TRIAINED!!!!!!!!!!! I am telling you, I thought I'd never see the day! We are still using pull ups at night, and if we are going to be out of the house as a just in case measure, but they both have been telling me when they need to go, and holding it until we get to the potty. Oh, I am sooooooo thrilled! (The 2 year old doesn't talk yet, so she uses sign language mostly with a few unique grunts and gestures, so kinda hard for anyone to understand her...except me LOL) Anyway, just had to share cause I'm so excited! Hmmm...now what to spend that diaper money on???
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 215/214.8/185

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
First, I have to fess up... there is NO WAY I can drink 12 oz. of water before breakfast! So I make sure to drink 24 oz. before lunch. So I think I'm still OK as far as my "water before every meal" goal.
Strawberry, I usually have a cup (or the serving amount) of cereal with a cup of frozen berries (thawed in the nuker) with milk. Depending on the cereal (bran vs. puffs) it keeps me feeling pretty full until lunchtime.
Luxorbea, that is SO GREAT about your little ones!!! I can only imagine the joy and relief! I can't even get my cat to use the litterbox consistently! LOL. (not to say they're equal or anything... just that for me pets is the closest I'll ever get to children).
Hope everyone is doing well... gotta get my butt in gear and get on the treadmill later tonite!
-Bonnie
CytoBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #39  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

count me in! I would like to lose 20lbs...
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Wednesday!

Hi everyone:

great to hear from everyone--I love the enthusiasm. So far have lost two lbs since monday. And have done well on my eating and exercise too!

to Aimin, Fatnfab and Strawberry! The more the merrier! I know you will achieve your goals!

Bridget:; congrats on the potty training! Any tips? I have a friend who is working on that.

Strawberry: On nutrasystem you have a breakfast entree--either eggs, cereal or a bar, and then you also get a dairy and a fruit--it is a pretty big breakfast which lasts a long time. I usually have the cereal with milk, then a cup of yogurt with two tablespoons of raisins in it. Really good!

Cyto: I like to get the widemouth Voss spring water bottle and then fill it with my own water. The widemouth makes it so I can slug down a lot of water at one go. Good luck with drinking!

Nina: great job--having the consitent patterns makes it harder to break! Last night I was going to skip my leg exercises and decided to just stretch--ended up doing the whole thing!

I added some new people--did I get everyone? If I got anything wrong or need to add anyone let me know!

Dcapulet: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Day
Strawberry: will lose 35 lbs by Labor day
Aimin: will lose 15 lbs by Labor Day
Bonnie: will lose 30 lbs by Labor Day
Dust: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Day
Nina: will lose 20 lbs by Labor Day
Abe: will exericise and eat slowly till Labor day
Dolly: will gain a max of 25lbs during pregnancy
Jenn: will lose 35 lbs by Labor Day
Sock: will lose 40 lbs by Labor Day
Marty: will lose 36 lbs by Labor Day
Luxor: will lose 34 lbs by Labor Day
Barb: will lose 32 lbs by Labor Day
Sno: will lose 34 lbs by Labor Day

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 05-10-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #41  

hi thanks everybody for such great breakfast ideas i hope now i wont be skipping my breakfast and lux congrats for such a great job of potty training ur kids i cant wait for my baby to be out of diapers
Old 05-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #42  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

to those just joining in.

Sno 2 more that's awesome.

Lux two potty trained at the same time you must be doing a dance. I work with little ones all day and I can't tell you the sigh of relief I breath when one of them makes it over this developmental hurdle.

Bonnie I think as long as your getting the water in it doesn't really matter when you feel like drinking it. I used to hate drinking water period but now it second nature and I can really feel it when I've forgotten or not had enough throughout the day.

I've had a pretty busy day and not feeling much like eating but will throw some chicken breasts in the oven anyways. I'm going to walk again tonight and then put my feet up for the night. I think I need to teach my children to cook because there are some days you just wish it was all done and you could fast forward to the it's all done part of the day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Thursday

Hi all:

another pound today--woohoo! I have already exceeded my goal for this week.

I am going to visit my family not this week but next weekend. This will be the big test because I have gone off many a diet while visiting my folks. Something about going up there makes me just go awol.

Hoping that bringing nutrisystem will be the key to keeping me on track.

Nina: great job! sounds like you are having a super busy week!

Strawberry: how old is you baby?
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #44  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Snow- you are seriously kicking some serious toushy this week! That is SOOO awesome! You are really inspiring me!!!!!!

Nina- I know girl, we are neck and neck...by the end of this challenge, we will both be celebrating reaching (and planning to stay)at goal! Let's rock the challenge!!!

Strawberry- I have a great " special weekend" breakfast that I do called Sombrero Eggs. It is so easy. I just spray the inside of a ramekin to coat with cooking spray, put in a reduced fat or low carb or whole wheat flour tortilla into the ramekin to line it like a little cup, brush it with a little egg white and water to crisp it, put a tablespoon of diced green chiles (from the can) into the bottom, crack one egg on top (don't break the yolk), mix together a little fat free half and half and salsa (or red NM chile puree which is preferable but hard to find sometimes) and spoon on top of the egg, sprinkle with a little chile powder, salt and pepper and bake in a pan filled with an inch of water for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Meanwhile, sautee (in little spray of olive oil or cooking spray) one onion cut into thin rings and separated with one red bell pepper cut into thin strips and
you can add in the remaining chiles from the can if you wish. Then, to plate it, just put the onions and peppers on the plate and pull the tortilla cup out of the oven and place on top! The white of the egg should be set and the yolk should be runny. The yolk, fat free cream and chiles will all blend together to make a delicious sauce and the tortilla will be crispy. I call it Sombrero eggs because of the southwestern flavor and also because large tortillas tend to fold over the ramekin and look like little sombreros turned upside down. Try it- it is great and really impresses guests!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #45  

hi great going snow am i impressed!!! well my baby gal is just 9 months old and im still nursing her coz she wont take a bottle n hates formula but now we are getting used to with sippy cups n did i tell u that i love nursing her its just me n my babys special time now abt my weight i plan to stand on that scale only once a week lets see how much more can i resist the temptation to weigh myself anyways so far my dieting is going well i just tried walk away the pounds 1 mile today n boy was i exhausted im really out of shape i can walk outside for about an hr but indoors im...............ok tc everybody n good luck remember no cheating on urself n keep moving