Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #121  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey chicks! Great thread Aimee! Do you mind if I join you ladies?

I actually set up my goals by the seasons. I'm trying to lose 25 lbs per season. It's a lofty goal, but it's worth working towards. And even if I only lose 20, it's still a success!

Look forward to checking in with you guys!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Tiffany - join away!! It's always great to have more people around

Rosario - I am 5'7" and a little bit, I also don't think I look like I weigh 244, but I have come to terms with this scale. I couldn't find a different scale, so yah. Those are my 36inch waist jeans - I am dying to wear them on the 28th! I borrowed Turbo Jam from my friend, which is all ab work/cardio, so hopefully that'll help!! We got to get your breakfast to be the best meal of your day, that sounds like it's been your downfall. I always find if I don't start with a good breakfast, I just can't recover.

kt - I also don't count calories regularly, but I am eating 1200-1500 calories a day when I'm actually on plan.

I have yet another day off from work, so more exercise for me today. My legs are slightly sore from yesterday, so I better do a good stretch.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Tiffany to the thread. What kind of eating lifestyle are you using to help you lose weight? I am doing atkins on my 1 st week. Prior to that I lost 37 reducing calories.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

Happy Birthday Rosario!
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:15 PM   #125  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Nikki, my eating is based on the Zone, SB, BFL style of eating... lean protein at every meal, good carbs and fats... I try to stick to the 40/30/30 ratio of carbs/protein/fat. I calorie count too though. I average around 1700 calories a day. If I get stuck, I'll up my calories for a day to around 2000-2100, and that usually gets things moving again. Congrats on your success so far, and wishing you much more to come!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #126  

Tiffany - whats the first day of summer? Sounds like you have a very sensible well thought out plan!

Oh man, I am been SO good today, it's insane! Yesterday was perfect, and I've got a good dinner cooking! I am pretty happy with this, I keep reminding myself how badly I want to fit into those jeans - which is partly why I posted the picture. Already I've had to ask someone to get me motivated to do a workout and she reminded me about the jeans, heh. It's working well!

-Aimee
Old 04-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #127  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning ladies!

Rosario!! I hope you have a wonderful day and have a great dinner cooked by your BF. Enjoy everything.

Yesterday I ended up with a headache I couldnt shake and I went to bed at 7. I still have the headache but can at least function at the moment. Hopefully it will get better as the day progresses.

Aimee-Congrats on being good 2 days in a row. What did you think of Turbo Jam? They are my favorite indoor workout. I like it so much I actually did the certification course to teach the gym version TurboKick. I hope it helps you get in the jeans. I know you can do it.

Welcome Tiffany. You sound like you have a wonderful, well thought out plan in place. I love hearing that people are taking a few things and combining them for what works for them. That way they really have a chance of staying on plan.

kt-the dragon boat looks awesome. We have nothing like that around here, but I always wanted to try crew. Never had the opportunity so I bought myself a kayak and do my own thing now. I calorie counted for maybe a month and hated it so stopped.

Nikki-Please be careful. Your calories are way to low. You need a minimum of 1200 a day to maintain your bodys necessary functions.

Well, I'm off for my morning walk. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #128  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

May I join here too? I am working on losing some wt. before June 23rd my daughters wedding.Mom wants to look good too. For a long time I was calorie counting and not really moving my wt. Even with the cals being around 1400- 1500 a day so I changed over to South Beach. Today is day 8 I feel great much better with more energy, lost some lbs, too. I like not having the cravings for foods quite so much as on the cal . counting. Next week I will end phase 1 on the 23rd as its conference time out of town with a friend. It was good to have that date as it was a goal set for me. Give me strength to continue this diet is all I can hope for. I read the book and it makes sense to me what is in it and the idea behind it. I love fruit and pasta so it amazes me I have been able to do this so far. No cheating in that area a couple of small cookies the other day I was baking for the wedding shower. But other than that by the book. Take care all and keep healthy.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #129  

Hi Carol - Welcome aboard nice to see you over here.

Tiffany- Sounds like a good plan you have there.

Aimee- Good for you on eating well.

Brandy- I am being careful thanks for your concern. Hope you have a nice day.

I am still doing good. I will do my weigh in a bit later today.

Have a good day

Nikki
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #130  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

Thank you ladies. I've been down this road so many times before that I feel like I can pull from everything I've learned and do what works for me. And that's the key, right? Finding what works!

Aimee ~ The first day of summer is June 21st. 2 months. I'm going to work HARD to get there. Congrats for staying OP! The jeans are a great motivator. I have a pair of capris in my closet that I would like to wear this summer.

Brandy ~ I hope you feel better!

Welcome cacmsc!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #131  

Tiffany- You are absolutely right about doing what works.

Well I just weighed in and I lost 2 lbs this week. I was expecting more. I do have TOM though so maybe I will have a big woosh next week. I have stuck to Atkins for 10 days now. However, Mon, Tue and Today I have been to busy to eat more then 2 mealds a day. I am wondering if that is affecting my weigh loss too.

Nikki
Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #132  

Goodmorning ladies!! My body is sore this morning, my arms are still, butt is aching, heh. I guess these are all good things - but I know they won't show anything on the scale. I'm trying to think positive, and that I want to build muscle and thats going to translate into a loss further down. Anyways, I dunno.

Brandy - Sorry to hear about the headache, I hope it goes away completely soon! I do like Turbo Jam - from what I've done so far. Today I think I'm going to attempt the Body Sculpt workout today, I've gotten the hang of the learn and burn. What does it mean to be certified with Turbo kick?

Nikki - I also would have expected more of a loss, but I bet TOM is the real reason you didn't lose more! Hang in there!

Tiffany - I like it! The whole losing a certain amount of weight each season! I may ponder that one as a goal

Rosario - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I am hoping if I yell this you might see it Have a good day, and a good dinner - let us know how it goes!

Well, I think I may jump on the scale before I eat a late breakfast - even if I have an idea of what it my say. Somehow getting on the scale keeps me on track, can't explain how or why though. Have a good one!

-Aimee
Old 04-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #133  
Fat-be-gone

brandy -hope ur headache went away.

cacmsc

nikki - WTG on your loss!!!

aimee - 2 words - massaging showerhead - they work wonders!

tiffany - the 21st is one of my goal dates too - I'm supposed to be leavign for Las Vegas that day. your goals sound really attainable and I know if you put ur mind to it,you'll reach em. good luck!

thanks for all the b-day wishes gals!!! I'm actually doing really good today. I vowed that I would not spend my 25th year overweight. Na-uh! not no more. So far I have been really good. I may even get a workout in because My bf doesn't want me to be in the kitchen with him when he's "cooking" dinner. I can't wait to see what he makes. And instead of the usual chocolate cake we get, I bought this tasty looking fruit tart from Buckhead Bread (I hope I'm saving cals there). I can't wait to have a slice.

On the bad note, I was up 0.2 pounds this am. But that's ok. at least it wasn't a whole pound. But now that I am back in the groove of things, I know that scale will definitely be going down soon.

take care everyone and have a great day!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #134  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

Nikki ~ Congrats on 2 lbs lost! It could be TOM, but 2 lbs is still awesome.

Aimee ~ The scale keeps me on track too. And I don't know why for me either... LOL.

Rosario ~ I really hope you have a wonderful birthday. Don't worry about that 0.2 pound gain. Did you have a scrunchie in your hair or maybe some extra earrings on? LOL. It's probably gone already.

Well my day kind of swerved off track. TOM is on it's merry little way, and I just could not resist 2 cookies at lunch. I will try to burn them off later when I get home.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #135  

Thanks everyone. I am positive next week I will show a bigger loss

Nikki