Old 05-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

Aimee- I'm sure things will pick up when he gets home. And there's always us for support!

Today I woke up and had plans to workout with my friend. Unfortunatly she showed up at my house an hour late which put me in a not-so-good mood. But after working out and a healthy breakfast I felt much better.

On a very exciting note, I went to the Clothing Show on the weekend (people bring tons of vintage clothes, or up and coming designers bring their own clothes) and I bought 3 dresses! This may not sound exciting but dresses usually don't fit/definitly do not look good on me. So I am so happy that I can wear them! And one of the dresses I bought is going to be my prom dress which is just extra motivation for me!!!
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Yay!!!!!!!!!! I got GREAT news today!! The District Manager for the company my bf and I work for has decided to send my bf back to my store!! Which means no more walking to work, and I can go for runs again, and and and.. life is GREAT!!! I am SO happy

kt - how old are you? I understand you on the dress thing! I went and tried on dressed at The Gap yesterday, I tried on one and it fit SO good, I decided not to ruin that feeling and didn't try any more dresses, lol. I did get a cute summer hoodie from there for 10 bucks And it was a LARGE!

Alright, seriously, I am so happy about my bf coming back to my store, it's like life-changing! Especially if he can stay for the summer, then we can have our perfect summer. We currently live 2km's away from the store, up a mountain - walking home is a pain. Last night we also had a chat about how different my life has become as well, I explained to him how I actually have less time in my day to do the stuff I normally do. I explained to him that I didn't want him to change anything, but just to know whats going on for me.

Phew! Thats all for me for now....

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 AM   #198  
eevey

S/C/G: 158/147/130

Height: 5 3

Hi ladies!
Gastric Bypass is when they make your stomach half its normal size, therefore you can only take in a small amount of food. The surgery is very painful. It helped me a lot, i went from 226 to 129 in a year, but you can still stretch back your stomach in time.

Have you noticed i have lost 4 pounds since i started this challenge last week. I know it is not a lot but it is a start.

Went to the gym on Friday it was so impersonal and expensive so i did not join
but i got up Saturday and did my EX DVD and i will continue from now on.
eevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

great going eevey.

Aimee- I am so happy for you and your boyfriend. Enjoy the time together.

I am done with school !!!!! Also still on induction and showing a loss of 3 so far in 4 days woohoo.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #200  

Hey everyone.

Aimee- I'm 18 and in my last year of high school. I'm hoping to lose some weight before University next year.

Nikki- What is induction, I've heard a lot of people talk about it and I know it is part of some diet but I don't actually know what it is.

I'm still around 168 so at least I haven't gained!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #201  

kt-Induction is when you eat only 20 carbs a day. These are good carbs those that come from meats, veggies etc. You can check it out on atkins website.

Nikki
Old 05-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #202  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am so bad at keep up hope everyone is doing well!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #203  

Exciting NSV! Today I was at dragonboat practice and my coach turns to me and says, I think you're going to row with A-team at the race. This is awesome becuase I was origionaly on B team (clearly the easier team) and now I've moved up! I am so pumped for the race in two weeks!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #204  

Congrats Kt you must be getting stronger

Courtney good to see you . I hope you are doing well.

Nikki
Old 05-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #205  
eevey

Hi ladies!
I need advice on alcohol, i have been sticking yo my diet and i have started to EX, however i seem to drink with my BF at night. Sometimes its 2 glass of wine or Alize. I just read that our bodies will burn alcohol before it starts burning fat, any advice on good alcohol choices, i do not think i can totally take it out of my diet but i sure can limit it.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:10 AM   #206  

eevey - I have heard we burn alcohol before we burn fat to so it can screw a diet up.

Nikki
Old 05-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #207  
eevey

Hi Nikki
Do yo drink at all, and if you do what do you drink?
Old 05-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #208  

Hey Gals!!! Life has been crazy and stressful lately, so I haven't had as much time to get on here as I'd like. Work is just dumb lately, the bf and I are working completely opposite schedules, so I won't see him tonight until 10pm when he picks me up and then I come home to sleep because I work tomorrow.

eevey - was the surgery scary? I'm always scared about that kinda stuff. Sounds like its worked pretty good for you, do you ever regret it? Sorry I'm all questions here! Congrats on the weight loss so far! Every little bit helps!

Nikki - Congrats on the 3 pounds I have been starting back with my editted plan - its sorta South Beach, heh. I say sort of because my snacks aren't the best by my meals are GREAT! How excited are you for your graduation??

kt - My best advice for prom? Wear your hair close to how you normally wear it! LOL, there is nothing like looking back on your pictures and having horrible hair! heh. It's my 10 year grad reunion this year, so I've been looking thru a TON of older pictures lately. heh..

So my scale stuff has been yo-yoing lately. I gain water weight, and then lose it, and then gain it again. I've now lost it again, and hope to continue on and lose actual FAT this time!! I'm tired of being overweight, plus I just need to drop a couple of pants to wear my new work pants. They are just TOO tight right now! I better go get ready for work... I'll ttyl!

-Aimee
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #209  

eevey- If I want a drink now I will have vodka with crystal light. I use to do amaretto sours and apple martinini's but I switched to a low carb drink. I dont drink often though.

Nikki
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #210  

My favorite "cocktail" has butterscotch schnapps, sour puss apple, and vodka. Very yummy combo - you could add some diet 7up if you don't like it really strong.

-Aimee