Old 03-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #46  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am just staying with calorie counting... i mean it works, its just slow right now
i havent been super strict though
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

sotypical- Whatever works is good
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #48  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki128 View Post
sotypical- Whatever works is good
i agree, i just need to be sticter i guess, lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning! Today is Josh's bday, and he's working.. he's a silly arse! I booked the day off, and he didn't.. anyways, I get a day off in the sun!

Brandy - I did run yesterday! Not a lot, and probably not for a long period of time.. I didn't bring a watch with me, so I have no idea how long I ran for. what I did was run for a little bit, and then walked for a little and ran for a little more. It felt good, and I bet if I didn't have to pee so badly I would have been able to go a little more. Today I am going to walk at my favorite place again I'm definitely chicken about competing! I am going to do a 12k in May, but it's definitely going to be a walk/run for me. Fortunately lots of other people walk it, so I won't be dead last.. heh.

Courtnie - you are pretty close to goal, so I would expect it to be slower as well. Are you doing any weights? That would probably give your body a change as well, or what about picking up an exercise video to change up your exercise?

Well I better get going, I have some errands to run before my friend gets here for our walk. I will be back later I'm sure...

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:30 PM   #50  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - got anything special planned??

i'm here, really not doing anything. I'm still eating all wrong. HAven't exercised in a while. <sigh> I just really have no motivation to stick with it. I mean there's lots of things I should be working for i.e all the smaller clothes in my closet, summer's coming, a vegas trip in June.....i just haven't really been into it. I know what I have to do...I even have the tools I need (ww membership, gym membership) but I don't know what's with me. I guess I should just keep trying and I know I'll get it. I just kind of wish it would happen for me NOW!!!!

hope u all are good. take care
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #51  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi gals. I cut my walk short this morning due to some awfully cold wind gusts. It felt like I was actually moving backwards at some points. At least I got something done.

Ro- Hang in there.

Aimee-Good job on the run. The C25K program does the walk/run mix. Have you looked at that program? Hope you and Josh had a wonderful evening together to celebrate at least. What did you do with your solo day off?

Courtnie-Aimee made a good point that things do slow down the closer you are to goal. At least they did for me. You just need to focus on the good of you're still losing instead of stuck.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #52  

Goodmorning, I slept in this morning, it was very nice Josh and I didn't do much last night, I picked him up after work, he wanted a new cell phone, so I got him one, and since I wanted to buy him a t-shirt for his bday, I made him go try some on, so he got that too. It was a low key night, a few phone calls, we had his fav dinner, SO SO off ANY plan! He loved his card, which I made myself, and he ripped open the presents I gave him. He's so cute sometimes.

Rosario - Weight loss is one of the hardest things to do, so don't ever forget that!! I am with you on that thing happening NOW, I wish all my weight was off right now too.. it's starting to get warm here, and I can't wait to wear mini skirts, and tank tops, and shorts, and everythign really.. heh.

Brandy - I did C25K, but that was in December, now I'm trying my own thing. I think by listening to my body that I'll do better, thats my thought logic anyways. Yesterday I spent most of the day waiting for my friend to go for our walk... but I went to the mall, saw people I work with, went with them on their breaks, just generally hung out. Then we did our walk, hung out at the park for a bit as well.. it was a relaxing day off.

So I signed up for facebook, its CRAZY how many people are on that thing, I cannot even BELIEVE IT! It's also slightly addicting, heh. I better get going, gotta go for my walk before work.. ttyl!

-Aimee
Old 03-30-2007, 07:11 AM   #53  
used to be tofat

Hi gals. I hope you're all having a nice day. I had a very nice walk this morning. Still a bit on the cool side but no wind today. It certainly woke my groggy butt up. I think I'm gonna try to buy new running shoes today. I bought some earlier in the week and decided I wasn't happy and returned them. I think I'll try a different store and see what they suggest for someone with my ankle probs.

Aimee-Glad you had a nice day off. I'm not so familiar with facebook I guess I should check it out.

Have a great day.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #54  
Fat-be-gone

brandy - yay for new running shoes!! I have had these Nike Air Rifts forever. I love em...they r sooo comfortable. but they r dieing slowly and I really need to invest in a new pair.

aimee - i never got into facebook, I'm too into myspace. yea I totally hear ya on the warm weather. I can't hide behind sweaters anymore

courtnie - i signed up for fitday again and tried calorie counting and I just couldn't do it. so kudos to u for sticking with it. I'm going to stick with counting points which is kind of the same but its not. maybe u should try challenging urself with ur exercise...I always hear that sometimes your body gets used to whatever u r doing and it stops reacting to it. maybe u should try some other form of exercise, something more intense, maybe? (i am not in anyway saying that the bicycle isn't intense, but just shock ur body into something new)

well, today is the start of a new week. I have yet to complete a full week of counting my points and staying within my range. I really want to see how much I can lose with being really good. the good thing is I have finally lost 9 whole pounds. The bad thing is it took 12 weeks to get there. But i'll take that since I really haven't done anything to make the scale go down. but i am really trying to work on it.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:07 AM   #55  

Height: 5' 10"

Hey ladies! I'm trying really hard to stay afloat right now.

Saturday morning I have my physical agility test for a promotion that I really want, so if you've got extra energy to give, please, send it my way I'm just not too sure that my big body can move 1.5 miles in 14 minutes. I just have to remind myself that my body will always let itself breath...always.

I'm really hoping getting this test over with will help my stress level.
In other news, my boyfriend doesn't really seem to understand that we're not able to make financial commitments until we're settled into out new place. I hate to be such a party pooper when he asks about upcoming concerts and vacations, but as the breadwinner I'll be the one watching our funds, and I don't know how things will shake out yet. Am I being irrational? I don't want to rule out all fun activities, but $80 for concert tickets in my brain is equivalent to groceries or I don't know... power. grrr... we'll get through this.
Aquanetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #56  
used to be tofat

Happy Weekend everyone!!!

I got a run in this morning and even upped my pace close to what it used to be on the last lap. I need to start doing that more because it totally killed me. I feel great though I love the feeling of accomplishment. Lots of errands today but I'm sure DH and I will have fun.

aquanetrocker-Whatever energy I have left is sent your way. Good luck with the test. The $ problem seems to happen in most couples that I know. One manages it, the other spends it. Communication is really the only fix. Can you sit down and show him the numbers on paper? Sometimes the visual link helps the understanding.

Ro-Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 pounds is awesome. I'm so proud of you! Heres to trying to stick a FULL week staying on points. I know how hard this is so you'll be in my thoughts. I bought a pair of Asic Nimbus runners. Tried them this morning and really like them. Very cushioney!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #57  

Hey Ladies! I'm sorry I haven't been around as much, I don't think I posted at ALL yesterday.. or if I did I can't remember.. and I'm too lazy to scroll up to check.. hehe. Things are good, normally when I'm not posting they are NOT. It's all the sun, I feel SO motivated to get out in it. Like today after work Josh and I came home, put on our runners and headed to my fav park, we did 6km's of up and down and STAIRS in 58 minutes! My last best time was 65! And like 2 weeks ago it was 90 minutes, so I'm pretty happy with that. I nearly killed myself though, it was HARD, we ran, and walked. Thats my goal though to run that entire thing. After that we got chinese takeout, and had coffee while we waited for it. It was a good day today

Rosario - I am SO SO happy for you, you are ROCKING the weight loss.. here you are saying you aren't doing so good! If you continue at this pace you will at least be 10 pounds lighter by June!! I have to admit I am doing my diet pretty half assed these days, today I did really good, until my dinner. But it's one meal/snack at a time, and 3 outta 4 ain't bad! Keep it up girl!

Jen - here's my advice, when you are running it, just GO for it, this is 14 minutes of your life... embrace the pain.. accept it, it's ONLY 14 minutes, you can totally do it. I will send you all my deep down will power, and i'm sure you'll do just fine. Yah, I hear you on the stressful money stuff, the bf and I spend money a LOT differently... as the years have passed we get better though. We don't do vacations to places where we don't know people, we chose that though, we really wanted our brand new car instead. You two will get there, and btw, its totally worth it to be the money police if it means you can have other things.. other than concerts! Oh, and The Spokane trip we are staying with my mom's bf, heh.. free! I am SO on track for Bloomsday! I am totally feeling like I can do this, with all the sun we have here my training is doing good.

Brandy - I love love love how I feel after a run, it's so.. I dunno. I feel like I can do anything! Although right now my legs are pretty sore, so I probably couldn't do too much.. heh. Shoes are SO important, glad you got some good ones.

I gotta run and send something to Josh's cell via bluetooth - boy I love computers more and more!

-Aimee
Old 04-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #58  
used to be tofat

Morning gals. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We had fun but again ate too much. I feel a little bad but it could be worse so I'm moving on. I think we're going to try for a run this afternoon. I dont think we've ever run in the afternoon in a year of training together. Depends on timing and weather for if it happens. Not much else new here.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies-

Sorry I have been MIA. I had a very busy weekend. My eating was ehhh mostly I had a lot of salt so I am hoping the scale will still be nice on Wed. It looks like I will have to put my exercise on hold for a bit. My foot has a friction sore and I'm having trouble walking. Hopefully it will go away by next week and I can get back to it. I also decided after Easter I am going to try Atkins since Phase I SB worked so well for me and I screwed up when I tried to go to Phase II. My boyfrend <Nick> said when he was on Atkins he ate the same way I was eating when I tried SB phase I. Apparently I was not eating enough good carbs. That was my man reason for leaving the SB boards. I felt like I was constantly being put down for what was working for me.Anyhow, I hope you are all well.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Sorry I was MIA we got the stomache flu so was down for a few days then taking care of sick kids. I'm doing ok on SB1 got off of it some this weekend but back at it today. Gotta clean today and get excerise in as well. Gotta go break up a fight between my boys.
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote