Old 06-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Default 25 by 4th of July (#2)

Started a new thread because I kept getting confused as to what page I was supposed to be on.

Well girls - It's a little early, but I made my goal of 25 before the 4th of July!!! I've set a new "Mini - Mini" goal of 5 more before the 4th. That's about 2 weeks, and now that school is done, I can concentrate on exercise. But I'm not sure how I'll weigh in. I've been using the scale at school - I guess I'll have to buy one.

If I can do this, you all can.

GC - Congratulations again on the workouts. It must feel kind of good when the people at the gym recognize you. Also, if you know that they pay attention to your visits, maybe it's a little incentive to always show up - they're sure to notice if you're gone for too long.

Good luck everyone!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Good idea on the new thread. Congrats on meeting your goal early!!
That's awesome!

My weight's still hovering around the same area, but once again, at least I'm not really gaining. I'm gonna spend the weekend at the b/f's house, so I'm going to try to remember to grab my weights and stability ball. Otherwise I can't really do much to work out there except for walk (and I absolutely can't stand running.)

Have a great weekend!
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #3  

Well, GC, it looks like it's just you and I. Maybe the others gave up.

Hope you had a great weekend with your BF. Walking's better than nothing, but you're so good about exercise, a couple of days probably wouldn't be too awful. Just be sure to jump back in as soon as you can!

My new 4th of July goal is to be able to weigh myself on the new scale I just bought. It only goes up to 350. Seeing how I was at 355 on Thursday, I'll wait until about next Thurs to try it! (It's really the same goal - 5 lbs before the 4th.) Boy, it will be nice to use a "skinny person's scale"!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:04 PM   #4  

And then there were two... Yup, it's pretty quiet in here. Well, I managed to lift weights on Saturday and went for a nice walk on Sunday. I ate a lot, but managed to not gain over the weekend.

I'm glad to see you're doing so well! I'll still keep checking in until the 4th, even if I don't reach my goal weight (which doesn't seem likely), but at least I can vicariously enjoy your success.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #5  

Hi GC - Thanks for hanging in there with me. With such a long way to go, I need all of the encouragement I can get. And yes, eventually I will stop being motivated solely in the mind to emulate your exercise. I just can't seem to get my body moving as much as my brain.

I couldn't wait until Wed to try the new scale. Got in this AM, and found out that it actually reads up to 351.8, so I'm down another 3 lbs! Even without the exercise, I keep plugging away at the good eating habits - and they have sort of become habits. Just a little more to go!

Have a great day!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #6  

Another day...no weight loss...no weight gain...

Yesterday, I tried a new machine. I've used stair stepper machines before, but this machine was like a mini-escalator. The main structure was about 3 feet high with stairs that just keep rotating. It was the most evil machine ever! After 4 minutes, I was dripping sweat, but I managed to stay on for 26 more miserable minutes (at a lower intensity of course). If I ever get on it again, I certainly won't do a full 30 minutes. According to the display, I climbed over 120 stories.

You know...I was just remembering how in high school french class, I thought it would be so cool to go up the stairs of the Eiffel Tower if I ever went to France. That always seemed like such a daunting task. Well, I just did a quick interent search, and the tower is equivalent to only about 81 levels in a conventional building. I basically climbed higher than the Eiffel Tower on that stupid machine; no wonder I was in such a bad mood when I was done. Anyway, I guess that's kind of cool.

Today, I stuck to weights and the nice, friendly elliptical.

Congrats on your continued progress; that's so encouraging! It sounds like you've done great with the eating habits. I go through phases as far as eating goes. There are times when I can be very behaved, and then times like now...

I just try to imagine how much weight I would be gaining if not for working out.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #7  

GC - Oh my gosh - You are unbelievable! Congratulations on the new machine! You should be so proud that you didn't give up. I love the analogy about climbing the Eiffel Tower. I must say that your description about the experience had me laughing out loud - even though I'm sure it wasn't a laughing matter at the time.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #8  

Well, yesterday in addition to my two trips to the gym, I went to a belly dancing class with a friend. We might start going on a weekly basis. The class is at small lounge/dance club so the calories consumed in mojitos and sangria probably cancel out anything I would have worked off, but it's kind of fun.

They have salsa dancing classes on Thursdays, but I'm going to see a Metallica cover band this evening...I wonder how many calories I can burn head-banging...

Keep up the awesome work with the healthy eating. Lately, with my schedule and other circumstances, I've had to eat out a lot. I have very few actually groceries at home; I think I'll have to fix that over the weekend.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:22 AM   #9  

We should rename this thread to the Helicopters - hovering around the same weight for long periods of time . I've stayed the same for about the past 5 days too. Maybe being home all day for the summer has had some effect - I don't think I'm moving around as much. Gotta get back on the stick!

GC - You are a hoot! Belly dancing class!?! I love that you are active in so many different ways. You've inspired me to set a new long term goal - When I am 1/2 way to goal, I'm going to play golf with a good friend of mine who plays. She's always asking me, but I keep turning her down. Right now, the walking alone would wear me out. I think I'd make it to about hole 4 and not make it back! Also, it's a little hard to have a good swing while trying to avoid my breasts.

Have a good day, and next time have a sip of sangria for me!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #10  

I tried playing golf years ago. It was pretty much me hitting the ball 5', walking after it, hitting it another 5', walking after it, etc. until my dad was like, "just pick the ball up." Let's just say that golf is not for me. I'm generally not a big fan of being outdoors anyway, which is why all my exercise takes place inside. I sometimes feel like the sun is draining my energy so I feel even more tired.

I know exactly what you mean about trying to swing w/ your chest getting in the way. I was bustier when I last attempted golf. It was a little awkward when my dad was trying to explain how to properly swing and I couldn't because of my anatomy. I could probably do better now, but I think I'll stick to the miniature version of the game if anything.

Between your excellent eating habits and my time in the gym, the two of us combined make the perfect weight-loss machine to get off the excess poundage in no time. It's just a shame that it doesn't work that way, and I have to get my diet back on track on my own. I'm going to try to make it to the grocery store on Saturday. This evening I have an art show to go to right after the gym, so no time for healthy food today.

Have an excellent weekend! Will check back in Monday...which is just 2 days away from "the end." Oh well, if I haven't gained, I suppose I'll consider that a success. A helicopter hovering is better than crashing and burning.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I am probably not going to make 25 by the 4th of July, BUT I do have 22 pounds gone so I am happy about that.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #12  

Hi all!

Sock - It seems like you're on the right track. Those two pounds will come off when you least expect it! Thanks for popping up here. I think I can speak for GC when I say that, although we like chatting with each other, it's nice to have someone else in the mix!

GC - I hope you had a good weekend - and no crashing and burning allowed here!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #13  
I have less blubber!

I am hoping after all the hard work I have done moving this week, I will see 200 on the scale tomorrow when I offically weigh in. I have been super good the last few days.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #14  

I hit a major milestone this AM - Got on the scale and it read 349.8!! Yeah, I rounded up to 350, but that's the first time I've seen 340's in about 1 1/2 years. I'm well on my way with a total loss of 30 lbs!!

I think I worked most of it off gardening yesterday. Got the two beds in the front yard weeded, put landscaping fabric down and mulched. It's amazing what nephews will help you with for $5! Not bad for about 4 hours of work. And he's willing to come back to help with the side yard. I'm sure all of that will change when he becomes a teen.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing how the weigh-in went, sock!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #15  
I have less blubber!

Way to go musictchr! It always feels good watching those numbers fall slowly but surely!!

No drum roll needed for my weigh in. I blew it last night with too much alcohol and cooking while intoxicated. Still came in at 202 this morning though, which surprised me! I figured I would have fluxuated up a pound or two.