Old 03-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #241  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

48 g of fiber? Holy cow. If it doesnt affect your pooping, fantastic, but I would try and figure out how much you were eating before and work up in 5 g increments every few days. I went from about 10 g of fiber, to about 25-35 practically overnight. It wasbad. Very very bad.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #242  
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

Yesterday was a good day. I stayed on track at ESPN Zone. But today...well that is another study. I went to a play tonight at the Goodmen Theatre (Rabbit Hole is the name of the play. I really enjoyed it), and after the play my husband and I decided to go to a restaurant and share a slice of chocolate. Well, I'm just upset because the cake was not too good. It eas really dry, but I still ate it. So now I feel as if I just wasted a whole bunch of calories. Plus, tomorrow is my weigh in day. And on top of that I had about 0.5 cup of nuts today. I need to leave the nuts alone too. The serving size is a tease.

Total Cal for Sunday: 1981
Fat: 75g (35% )
Carbs: 239g (44% )
Fiber: 26g
Protein: 101g (21%)
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #243  
rai

Oh yeah, on a good note. I ran 3 miles today.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Total calories for Sunday were 560 with 14% coming from fat.

The race I was going to run on the 18th isn't happening this year so I found another on the 17th I signed up for. This one has mega hills (yuck!) so I have no idea how I'll do, but I'll get four good runs in this week before Saturday and hopefully I'll be able to finish without making an a$$ out of myself.

New date to quit smoking is March 25 so let's see how I do with food once I've quit. It didn't go too badly with that in February, but it was definitely tougher.

Anyway, three more hours of work and then five days off!
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 AM   #245  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend.

On the nuts issue again. They are really yummy. But they kinda play head games with me. I really don't get them. I know they have SUCH healthy components to them, but TO ME, the calories are just not worth it. You'd think it was ice cream or pasta, because I just can't stop at 5. 10 almonds at 70 calories, is just not worth it to me. It doesn't fill me. It just doesn't. I can have a huge plateful of veggies for the same 70 calories. I LIKE VOLUME.

abbyin, stay away from the bread. HAve something grilled or baked, like fish or chicken. Take 1/2 of the main course home. Or order a appetizer or 2 instead of a main. HAve salad with dressing on the side. Share a dessert. And ENJOY. It's your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Angihas, I have no problems with my tummy from all the fiber I eat. Just the opposite. Everything is working really, really well.

Mami, your home elliptical is making me soooo jealous. I am very happy that you have it. My luncheon really was beautiful. The best part about it was that for the first time I felt just as well dressed as every other woman there. It felt great!!!! I had soooo many compliments there are too many to mention. One that stands out - "you always had a gorgeous face, now you've got the body to match". and another, coming from my good friends daughter who hasn't seen me in about 4 months, she's away at college. she said "You are so stunning, just stunning." Her father who was standing there kinda blushed and looked away and said "My daughter's right this time, you do look stunniing."

Bobbo, that is SUCH a good idea about freezing the wraps individually. Thank you so much. I eat them so infrequently that it just doesn't pay to buy them, because they do go bad. Of course I would eat them more frequently if I could find yours. I have no wal mart near me. Mine have 110 calories. Oh well.

Diva, good luck on your upcoming race!!! Hills and all, you will do just fine, I have NO doubt.

And the real good news, I pulled out of my minor stumble and managed to LOSE 2 1/2 lbs. Today being my weigh-in day.

Sunday's calories about 1200.

Have a great day ladies.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #246  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Yesterday's calories were low again but sunday's usually are as I'm out the door fast in the morning and most the day.
Calories...802
Fat...19%
Fiber...38 grams
Vitamin Mix ~ Fiber One ~ Applesauce
Lunch: Turkey breast on toast with lettuce/dijon mustard

(DH is a fantastic cook and he had Pheasant dinner ready when I got home.)

Supper: Pheasant ~ Fried Onions ~ Winter Squash ~ salad with Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil.
Evening snack: Applesauce/Pudding/FF/SF Cool whip topped with Fiber One.
Hot milk at bedtime.

Claudia... Sometimes this back fires on me and I end up with too little calories at the end of the day. I like volume just like Robin and I find it so easy to eat lots of food and still stay under my calorie limit.
Bobbi, you are quite a master at substitution, which I think is really key to losing or keeping weight at bay. That way our taste buds and stomachs still get the taste and feel of lots of food, but we're not ingesting as many unnecessary calories and unhealthy fat.

Walking...what's HFCS mean? Great fiber count at 48 grams. I have to agree with Robin on the fiber issue, adding more fiber to my menu didn't give me the runs. I think it might affect people differently, maybe people that live mostly on junk foods would get the trots?
Robin...Did you try googling the Flat Outs? They show you where you can purchase these on their site.

I have to get my cholesterol checked this morning so I'm missing my morning pot of coffee and breakfast. DH is brewing the coffee now, I think I'll go choke him.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #247  

Bobbi,

Don't choke the hubby!

Choke the ding-dong that first harvested nuts.

;-)
Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good morning everyone.

Diva, how do you survive on that few calories? Aren't you starved?

I can do alot less than I have been, without a problem. I have been trying to get the area I have been told by most people, for a starting point.
Just been doing this for 2 weeks. I just got on the scale, It looks lower today. Might wait till Curves to check it again.

Yesterdays calories 1399
fat 25%
carb 57%
protein 18%
fiber 39

I don't know if changing the amount of fiber all at once does bad things. But I drank 80 oz of water. Got up to go 4 times!
I figured that was coming.

talk later, have a good Monday.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Great job to all of you that have lost this pst week ..way to go!

I haven't been posting this week because I'm really depressed that my scale still hasn't budged and it's been like 2 1/2 weeks now stuck at 192. I do feel a bit better because I got out the measuring tape this morning and I have lost inches from all over...so I guess that's better than seeing the scale move.

I've also been feeling so yucky lately, so I decided to do a colon cleanse (colonix) after reading great things about it on other boards. Maybe that will help get give me a jump start! :-)
Angielynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #250  
rai

Got on the scale this morning and I am down 3 pounds! I only have one more pound to go before I am at my first mini-goal of 170.

Diva, why are you eating so few calories? Are you still not feeling well? What distance is the race that you are running?

I think I am wiith the crew that are banning nuts!

Did anyone see 300? Great movie.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Robin and Rai~congrats on the loss!!!

Yes, Diva~those calories are way too low to be healthy.

Bobbi~hope those numbers come in good for you. And HCFS is high fructose corn syrup.

Walking~that's a lot of fiber!

My report: I did okay calorie wise yesterday. Stayed away from the nuts and roasted some fresh green beans with EVOO and salt, pepper and onion powder. DD proclaimed "these are like French fries" and "if you fixed vegetables like this all the time, I'd eat more of them." So, I'll be experimenting with other veggies. Weight crept back up to 141, but that is less than my usual post-weekend weight (143), so I'm happy.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Allison, Diva and RockinRobin for the great ideas for cutting some calories at my B-Day Dinner. With all that in mind, I think I will get on some restaurant websites and check out their menus. That way I can kind of have in mind what I will eat before I go. Oh, Happy Birthday to you too Allison!

Everyone have a great day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #253  

Hey guys,

Yeah... the calories seem low. But it works for me. The day before I ate 1493 calories or something like that and then the next day not so much. On days I work out, I seem to be less hungry.

But don't you worry none... I'm sure today I'll eat more and tomorrow even more.

It doesn't FEEL unhealthy. Feels more like giving the body what it needs, and nothing more.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Well over 1800 cals and that included two 'dessert with coffee' functions. I'd forgotten about one. I woulda never had that beer if I'd remembered we still had to go out.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Good morning!

I didn't keep track of my cals yesterday; too itchy to care. Oh, well, I didn't go crazy. At least I don't think I did.

Allison & Abbyin--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Littlered-- I love tofu and eat it almost every day. Since you've never tried it I'd taste the mousse and then add a little cinnamon to the recipe if it's too tofu-y for you. It's only 105 cals per serving. I hope you like it!

On the discusion of nuts, I really like pistascios. I only eat them maybe twice a week and I only eat 1/2 of a serving. I find them satisfying, but I think the struggle to get them out of thier shells helps me eat them slowly. Plus, they are a good source of iron, which is good since I eat very little meat.

Last edited by zenor77; 03-12-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote