Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:39 AM   #166  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone.

We are in the middle of a horrible snowy, sleety, icy storm here. Just miserable.

Alinell, thanks for your kind words. The reason I have lost my weight as relatively quickly as I have is because I started out SO UNBELIVABLY OVERWEIGHT. That's the only reason. It comes off easier the heavier you are. Ahhh, a bonus to being morbidly obese . I'm hoping I could still see a 2 - 2 1/2 lb weightloss per week for a while. I'm not too hopeful. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think my friend has some issues with my weightloss. I can't really do anything about that. She'll have to resolve it in her own head. If it occurs again, and I think it will, I will have to (gently) say something. I think it's FANTASTIC that you're all doing this 5k on Sunday. I will definitely be rooting for you. Can't wait to hear how everything went. Good luck!!!

Diva, I'm with you 100%, I think calorie counting is the end all be all and I can't understand why anyone else would go any other way. It's just so darn logical.

Bobbo, yes I did take a picture, but I'm not so into posting pics. I think I will save that for when I get to goal. I hope you're all still around then, it's a ways off. How's your weather been lately? And your MIL?

I've also had trouble with this website lately. Can't get to all the forums. I actually have to click on something, then x it off and get into it by going to my history. It's a pain in the neck.

I had a cholesterol test done yesterday morning, so I had to fast, didn't get done til about 11:30, so therefore I missed my breakfast and morning snack and never made up the calories, so Monday's calories - about 900.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:23 AM   #167  

Height: 5'5"

I managed to lose almost 8 of 11 pounds on the Valentine's Day challenge. I am ready to start the next weight loss challenge. After my month long plateau, I've decided to give myself an easier goal of five pounds this time.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

I had a thought about this statement I think calorie counting is the end all be all and I can't understand why anyone else would go any other way. It's just so darn logical.
First of all, I agree wholeheartedly! ... Logic may be the problem. In order to accept that you must eat less and exercise more, you have to first accept the fact that you eat too much and are too sedentary. That nasty personal responsibility thing rears it's ugly head again.
And it's basic ... the bare bones ... anything else might have an element of magic attached to it. Did that make sense?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

GOOD MORNING and as my kids would say "HAPPY LUBBY DUBBY DAY!!!!"

I am SOO happy, for a brief moment this morning while I stepped on the scale I saw 179.8!!!! LOL Haven't seen that number in a year!! Now that I had my coffee probably back into the 180's though....

I barely ate much yesterday, by dinner I only was at 600 calroies for the day and wasn't very hungry, so ate a little soup. Kids had some popcorn for snack and I ate alittle which helped to pull the calories up to 1050 for the day.

I also need to get back into my daily workout...I was kind of sick since Friday (coughing, stuffy head) so no cardio since then....I've done abs and arms but no cardio. Still coughing so maybe I'll just take a walk or something
Old 02-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

It appears yesterday's gain was temporary. Down a pound as of this morning, so if I can get the other one off by tomorrow all will be fine. This Thursday will be a low cal day as I have a night-time meeting that messes up dinner. I'll probably get nothing more than a snack. I actually like these days--they speed up my loss somewhat.

I'm kind of looking forward to the walk/run Sunday. I have no fear that I won't finish (DH and I routinely walk farther than 5k). I just don't know how much of it I'll be walking or jogging. We'll see. Thanks for the encouragement.

Off to do my puppet thing. Have a great day!!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #171  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Good Morning!

I had a thought about this statement I think calorie counting is the end all be all and I can't understand why anyone else would go any other way. It's just so darn logical.
First of all, I agree wholeheartedly! ... Logic may be the problem. In order to accept that you must eat less and exercise more, you have to first accept the fact that you eat too much and are too sedentary. That nasty personal responsibility thing rears it's ugly head again.
And it's basic ... the bare bones ... anything else might have an element of magic attached to it. Did that make sense?
Yes, it makes perfect sense. There are still people who are looking for the quick fix. The magic pill. Newflash: IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #172  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Webweevil~

Congrats on your loss, that is awesome!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!

I met and exceeded my goal by one pound, so I am really excited!! 153 lbs...Kind of stunned when I saw it this morning. This makes Single's Awareness Day a very happy day for me!

Hope you're all doing well!

Last edited by nineteen; 02-14-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #173  
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

AHHHH, my message just got deleted and it's too long to retype. Happy Valentine's day everyone. Damn, I'm upset...it was a good message too.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #174  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen View Post
This makes Single's Awareness Day a very happy day for me!
Can't say I've heard it called that before.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Last night's calories were a bit over the top, to say the least. Steamed scallops are to blame. They tasted horribly bad. I was still hungry. Didn't have Plan B at work to carry me over. Answer = CANDY!

Forty lashes with a wet noodle to me.

Anyway, I received four invitations to dinner tonight. Threw all the names into a hat and chose one. Told him we'd have to do this early because I work at 7 PM. So in twenty minutes, I'll be enjoying Valentine's Day diva style, and over the next four days, the three who "lost" today will be graced with my presence. LOL

Calories - 1691 with 26% coming from fat.

Oh yeah... in four hours, I'll be TWO WEEKS QUIT!!!

Nicotine-free one week, six days, 20 hours, 14 minutes. 276 cigarettes not smoked, saving $83.06. Life saved: 23 hours, 0 minutes.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #176  
Ready to Be a Loser!

S/C/G: 181/177.8/160

Height: 6'0''

I hope you dont mind me joining you. I need to get back on track. I have gained weight and I want to lose all that weight. I want to reach my goal! I would like to be 160 lbs.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #177  

Welcome giovannip811! We'd love to have you join us.

Diva, how urbane and diva-like you sound! You are doing just amazingly well with the clean air. You may be my new hero!

I'm good today. Snow cardio, work, walking. 1400 cals or so not counting the wine I'm drinking ... and Dh just walked in. It's all good
Old 02-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #178  
3 + years maintaining

Good morning everyone.

What a lousy miserable day yesterday. Weather wise that is. Today we are left of the remanents of that and added to the mix, frigid temps and WIND. With NO let up in sight. Yuck. No outdoor walking for me (sad face). Perhaps a pair of ice skates would be a better idea then my sneakers. Hmmm.

Diva, you're kidding right? 4 invites? 4? Whoa..... They are just beating down your door, ain't they? And bad scallops, that sounds, well, BAD. Real Bad.

Welcome giovannip!!! The more the merrier. Glad you're here.

Susan, shoveling is definitely some good cardio. It's not necessary to count wine calories on Valentine's Day. It's a freebie.

Allinell, glad your temporary weight gain was just that temporary. That's why I like to weigh just once a week. It's soooo darn hard though. Every week I say I'm going to do it, but I can't help but sneak in there every day. But I only count it and record it on Monday's.

Despite a small run in with some oatmeal cookie dough (kids got out early for snow and my youngest is going away for the weekend and wants to bring homemade cookies) and then 1/2 a cookie of the finished product calories for yesterday were about 1300. Also managed to stay far away from the kids Valentine's Day chocolates. Whew.

Have a good one ladies.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #179  

I wish I could shovel the other way. I am sooo right handed! My right bicep is a bit ache-y this morning and I wish I could do the same for my left, darn it!

Diva ... reports ... we want reports. Where'd you go, what'd you eat? Details woman, details!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #180  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
All the heavy snows missed us this time around but the 31 below zero temps are still with us. We have to drive into town for our Fitness exercise and not looking forward to it.
Tuesday's Calories: 1,063
Fat...23%
Fiber...53 grams
Protein...26% Menu (Same boring menu as day before)
Wednesday's Calories...1200
Fat...14%
Fiber...60 grams
Protein... 32%
Vitamins/Salmon Oil/Fiber supplement
Fiber One-dry
Cottage cheese mixed with applesauce/cinnamon
2 slices Cinnamon toast

Lunch: Too busy to eat, I just had 10 oz. leftover squash and a glass of skim milk.

Supper: Taco's made with Elk burger, tomatoes, lettuce, FF sour cream and Salsa. I used one Flat Out wrap toasted until crisp. This was really delicious but I had all I could do to eat it, it was huge by the time I put all the ingredients on it.

Evening snack: Mock Pumpkin pie with FF/SF Cool Whip
Fiber One-dry

Diva...I had to look twice when you said ,
Quote:
I'm running the March 4th race with my oldest and my my four-month-old grandson in his carriage.
You are NOT a grandmother!
I thought you looked to be in your 20's. Aaaaaaaaah, I know what you did. You posted a picture of yourself from years ago, right? Or else you were blessed with fantastic genes.
Allison... Did you see what Purina did on the dog shows? The spokeman said they'd match any donations for the duration of the two shows and donate it all to the dog shelters. The total was 1/2 million dollars. I thought of your two dogs and what a good hearted person you are to choose sheltered dogs instead of cute little puppies.
Mary...Good idea to extend your Valentine's challenge to your birthday, that'll give you a couple of weeks and make a nice present to yourself when you drop a pound or two.
Robin... Did you find out what your cholesterol number was?
Mine shot to 337 a few years ago and the doctor put me on a diet to lose 20 pounds. I lost the weight, got down to a size 6 and my cholesterol was still high so he put me on medication. It runs $80.00 a month and we lost our insurance when DH retired. I hate spending the money but it's better than being dead!
Webweevil... 8 pounds gone out of 11 is a great success, you can be proud of yourself.
Justme... Good job on losing 19 pounds, how many jean sizes have you gone down?
Nineteen... Congrats on your 47 pound loss and mini goals of 5 pounds (Valentine's) works for many people. It just seems more reachable than setting yourself up at higher goals.
Rai... I've typed out long posts and hit the wrong button more than once, you're not alone. Very Frustrating!
Giovannip... A great motivator is spring around the corner, shorts and sleeveless tops. Go for it!
Susan... You're lucky you can have an occasional glass of wine and still keep your weight off. I still haven't trusted myself to have one because one to me is an invitation to have another.
I'm going to celebrate when I reach my goal!
Have a great low calorie day everyone!
Closed Thread