Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #1  
Bobbi

Default Calorie Counters Keep It Simple -- February!

Calorie Counters Keep It Simple -- February!
Good Morning and Happy February 1st!
Calories for Wed. 1,261 Fiber...66 grams Fat 23%
Menu for Wednesday:
Vitamins/Salmon oil - Fiber One - Applesauce - 2 slices Toast - coconut custard pie with Cool Whip.

Flat Out rolled with turkey breast, mustard and lettuce - Apple/Squash Soup - Green Beans - Coconut Pie w/cool whip

Hot dog on bun - large lettuce/arugula salad with Balsamic vinegar and Olive oil dressing - Fried potatoes

Evening... Mock pumpkin pie /cool whip - skim milk - Fiber One

Catch ya later to gab, Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-01-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:56 AM   #2  
Bobbi

Matt... Matt... You know what's funny (or I guess old news to you)? I eat less than ever before -- but I feel more energetic and healthy!!
That happens when we start eating healthier foods, more fruit and vegetables. I've noticed that I stay full for longer periods of time and don't have the urge to snack.

Petra... You need a dog with gentle brown eyes that sits and guards the leftover spaghetti like my "Charlie" does. If I don't give him the spaghetti soon enough, he gives me his pleading look. (I don't give him the sauce, just the whole wheat spaghetti) Congrats on the 10 pound loss!
We're old Harley Davidson riders, I have enough H.D. clothes to open up a store.

Susan... You speak my language, "a slop of broth"
What kind of seasoning do you put in the TVP soup?

Alright... Snow and computer games are a natural pair. I love playing scrabble and hearts on the computer. You're a brave person stating your body fat! I have the same kind of scale and I'd shock Diva and Susan if I told them my fat%. You have given me a great idea, my birthday is also in may and I think I'll set up a new ticker with that as my new goal too!

Diva... Olivio sounds delicious but you're not going to eat it anymore, right? What alternative do you have, it sounds perfect to me. I usually try to get 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil in daily which keeps grannies like me from wrinkling even more.
I have an olive complexion like you and never burn while in the sun, that sure helps in the wrinkle deptment.
I think I'll go work on my new ticker, Hi to everyone I missed.

Bobbi
Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning first of February!

My SIL sells Epicure Selections and I used a 'sprinkling' of pesto mix.

My total round up for January ain't that great. I gained a bunch over Christmas and lost 5 since I buckled down. So I'm happy but still up.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #4  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Bobbi-I have 2 dogs that were staring at me, their eyes were saying "Can't that be ours?" LOL. We try not to feed them our food, because the one dog we got and we think that is all he ate. He is so skinny, we are having a hard time getting some meat on his bones. LOL Isn't that funny I am trying to loose and he needs to gain. We don't have a Harley, but we want one bad. We have a Honda, it a 83 but it works for us now. I told DH that when we get the truck paid off he can get a Harley. You sound like our friends all they have are Harley clothes I think. I never see them wearing anything else. LOL
Old 02-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #5  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

I don't know what happened yesterday. I guess I kind of gave up. I know the rule, the one not to keep blowing it once you've blown it (almost sounds kinky.)

The weather was cold and nasty, I'm still in pain from working out, my body is wanting food badly (so I need to feed it, just not quite so much,) and who knows, maybe it's somewhat hormonal, but I have to get that under control.

Feel free to look at my fitday menu for Jan 31. Just don't scream and run!

But you know, that was January, this is February...time to start new...lol.

My goal today is to stay under 1500 cals, as I'm obviously wanting to eat more. I want to make it to the gym to do cardio and upper body weights. I still can't do legs yet. My workout from Monday still has me hobbling. I don't think that is normal, but it sure tells me something.

I had a big breakfast already today, lots of fat. I crave fats, my body craves fat, and the less of it I eat, the more I want it. I don't think I'm ready to try to drop that down, not at this point at least.

Wishing you all a great start to a new month.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

A good February to you all. It's the shortest month of the year, we've got to make the best of it.

Okay, I'll tell ya, my body fat% as of this morning was 35.9%. (I have a Tanita scale). Now when I started this little venture back in September, I went to a nutrtionist who attempted to measure my body fat with one of those hand held thingys. Week after week it showed up ERROR. That was oh so enjoyable. When I got down to 244 lbs on October 30, yup I checked the date it said 49%. So, though I'm not thrilled to be at 35.9%, I am thrilled that it is waaay down. And considering I've still got a bunch of weight to lose, I am of course hoping to get that number down as well. Considerably.

As far as energy levels go, mine has skyrocketed, absolutely skyrocketed since I've changed my eating habits. I'm sure though it also has to do with the fact that I weigh less as well. I do believe I'm the heaviest one on this thread. That's okay. I knew I had a lot of hard work ahead of me. The numbers don't scare me too much anymore. I just gotta keep chipping away at um. One pound at a time.

Alright, just curious, what are you eating for breakfast that's so high in fat?

Wednesday's calories - about 1400.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #7  
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while, but I'm just going to jump right in. Wednesday I ate 2006 cal. Well I think that is right. My advisor (I'm in grad school) treated us to a impromptu dinner. We went to a tapas restaurant. So I ate a lot of stuff, just a little of each and I skipped the bread. But I did have one margarita and 2 glasses of red wine. I was trying to save up my calories for SuperBowl, but I decided to just enjoy the moment.

I worked out this morning on the elliptical machine for an hour today, so that around 600 calories. My goal is to get down to 170 pounds before my husband (my overal goal is to get down to a size 6-8 or 145/140). My husband and I made a bet on who can get down to 170 first. This is the first time in our relationship that I have weighed the same as him. Kind of depressing, but I am using it as motivation to stay on track. He looses weight pretty quickly when he sets his mind to it and we are working out together, but I'm hoping that my willpower will be greater than his.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi rai,
I'm kinda new to this part of the forum too (also a lurker). I think it's great that you and your husband are losing together, but I don't know if you know or not but men DO lose weight a lot faster than women. Maybe if someone knows how to figure out you and your husbands percent of weight lost, you might just beat him that way.

Anyway, good luck on the weight loss!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:01 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2.5"

Yes, my husband looses weight faster than me too and he's not even doing calorie counting. -_-
Old 02-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Calories for today at 1069. Withdrawing from nicotine and feeling pretty cranky. It's getting so that people's inability to spell is really getting on my nerves. So I apologize right NOW for all the rudeness that may ooze out of me. But the word is LOSE, not LOOSE. There! I said it!!!

Bobbi, I'm replacing Olivio with garlic-infused olive oil that's brushed on the bread. It won't work on ALL breads, but anything that's slightly toasted will do. And because the olive oil is brushed on, the calories are negligible.

One day, 56 minutes. 20 cigarettes not smoked, saving $6.23. Life saved: 1 hour, 40 minutes.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #11  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Hi everyone. Welcome to the new people. My calories for today is 1190. I did 15 mins on the gazelle and 30 min tape. I averaged out my calories for last month and it came out to be like 810. Which is way too low. So this month my goal is to hit 1100 everyday, but no more than 1500.
Mary
Old 02-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2.5"

I wish my average for last month was that low... I'm at 1897. *sigh* I can't control my binging for some reason. It is something that started in December, binging, and now I can't stop. I'm worried about developing binge-eatingdisorder, which is where I seem to be headed. I will do great all day and then eat 1200-2500 calories at once when I'm not even hungry and usually eat until I'm sick. Nothing in particular triggers it... One night I even binged on All Bran and soy milk... ??? I'll also binge on ice cream, chocolate, sandwiches, protein bars, protein shakes, nuts... anything really.

This month I'm really going to start concentrating on not binging. I binged tonight but I did stay in my goal range for today - 1606... I binged last night and went from 1350 calories to 2800 in like 10 minutes. I managed to stop myself in the middle of it both times - but last night obviously the damage was already done. I was at 958 calories after dinner though and then before I knew it I was at 1606 and heading back to the freezer for more ice cream. Luckily I slammed on the breaks and glued myself to this chair.

But yeah, I could care less about trying to lose weight right now. Just need to get the binging under control. I just wish I understood why it started
Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #13  

Oh don't glue yourself to a chair! Get out a set of dumbells and sit watching TV doing something that burns calories. You can dance and watch TV at the same time ... leg lifts?

Or come here!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #14  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Hi All,
I got really sick in January and stopped counting
I need to get back on track and I start today.
Luckily I didn't gain any weight but I haven't lost any either.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #15  

Here's a special for Diva. You are a better woman than I, my friend.

I love fitday, have I mentioned that? I had a bit of a binge last night and woke hungry this morning ... with the associate bad feelings. But ... I went to my trusty fitday.
For over two weeks I'm averaging 1682 calories but over the last week, I'm averaging 1584 ... so I'm improving.
Journal, make notes, keep track somehow ... you'll always have something to perk yourself up when you feel like you've been half-hearted.
Closed Thread