Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #136  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Yesterday's menu wasn't very healthy and very low in calories but sometimes that happens.

Calories...884
Fat...23%
Fiber 43g
Protein...69g or 32%

Breakfast:
Vitamins/Salmon oil/Fiber Supplement
Fiber One
8 oz. applesauce

Lunch: Zip!
We were out of state for a funeral and I planned on eating there. They had a zillion kinds of cake and white buns with ham or cat food on them. (Sweet pickles too) I didn't take cake but choose two small buns with both kinds of meat on them. Clutzy me knocked the ham/bun off my plate with the pickles and left the bun with cat food on it. I took one bite and about lost it, no kidding! It tasted and looked like cat food. So I drank a gallon of coffee instead.

Early Supper:
4.7 oz. chicken breast
Veggie/Spinach soup (20 ounces, I was starved)
Evening snack:
Air popped corn with Cinnamon/Splenda on it.
Annette... Look back on this thread to page 8, I answered you there about fiber. I wish I did have Fitday, then I wouldn't bother posting my menu here. But I have the CP version and can't post my menu anywhere. They said they were working on a new version where I could use that option.
Sumisan...I love my graphs too! What is excel spreadsheets like, do you think you could e-mail me some? Maybe I'll like them better than mine.
Justme33 and Allison.....Good job both of you on the B'day party and wedding reception. This is where your will power really comes into play and you both passed with high colors! So, what am I missing in my menu? Wasabi Peas? What's that?
Robin...Be sure and get a picture of you in your fancy dress and post it here. We want to hear the reaction of hubby too! Nosey bunch aren't we.
Susan...You are a hoot! Psssssssst, Diva isn't here today, she's off running a race so we can talk about her. Let's all post our messages in pig-latin We'll cure her new passion for correct spelling. Oooooops, maybe we better not, she might switch to correct sentence construction. Boy, I'd really be in trouble. It's a good thing we all have a good sense of humor and love her!
Church bells are calling me, have a great Sunday. Say a little prayer for Diva on her race!
Bobbi
P.S. The scale is down two pounds today but I only changed my ticker to one pound loss. That 1 pound is definetly gone, the other pound probably not. I'll have to wait for a few days to see if it stays off.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-11-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Susan B,

You crack me up!

Yesterday's calories were at 1082 and 38% coming from fat. Of course, it was the avocado that did me in. Fourteen grams of fat just from that baby... but vegetable fat is so different from animal fat. Arteries are happy and it was just a delicious, delicious avocado. I like splitting it in half, removing the seed, and spooning it out.

I'm leaving soon for my race! It's at 1:00 PM EST and I am so excited and scared and nervous and all that. What if Johnny Depp is there? Although, with all the smoking he does, I'd beat him for sure!

I will post a photo or two.

But better than all the weight I've lost or all the miles I've logged, is all the clean breathing I've done!

Smoke-free one week, three days, 15 hours, 22 minutes. 212 cigarettes not smoked, saving $63.84. Life saved: 17 hours, 40 minutes.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #138  

OMG, Bobbi!

I just read your comments. You are soooo sooooo bad! LOL

I'll catch you guys later. Gotta get the lipstick on and the nails done.

Yep.... I run slow but I look darn good doing it!

;-)
Old 02-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Bobbi~you're too funny!!! But WTG on the loss!!!!

I'm in the middle of making my menu plan for the week. I need to get a few lunch choices mixed in and decide on what vegetables to serve with what dinners and then I'll be done and heading to the grocery store. This week will be some intense cooking, but it all sounds so good! Thank goodness for Cooking Light!

Diva~Can't wait to hear how the race went. Didja see Johnny Depp? Ooooh, he's sooo cute!

Robin~have a wonderful time at your dinner tonight. But don't try and get your money's worth unless you consider each bite to be worth $10!!! Sorry to hear about your knees.

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday!!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'8

Hey all, not new to the forums but new to this group here
I've lost 11 pounds since Jan 15 and have hit kind of a plateau.. I only lost .5 pounds in the past 14 days or so >_< I was trying to calorie cycle between 1200 and 1800 but I ended up just eating 1500-1600 every day lol.. sooo today im gonna try to do 2000 and 1200 tomorrow, maybe it will work I dunno :O
Old 02-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #141  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!!! The Bud Shootout is a NASCAR race. So no I didn't win anything, lol. Would have been cool if I did. It was on last night!!! OK now on to the calories I had 1750 (I think) yesterday. My aunt gave my kids some snacks and I just couldn't resist so I ate half of the box of Swiss Cake Rolls. But still with the low days I had earlier this week it should all average out good. I went to Wal Mart and got a new workout dvd so I am hopefully going to start doing that. Well qualifing (SP? sorry diva) is going to be on soon.
Mary

PS Good LUCK in the race DIVA!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon dawlings!
Welcome Rabmonk006! Always glad to add to our ranks, we're happy you're here!
I can't believe it's Daytona already next week! Short winter.
So Diva is running today??? Awesome gal, that one.

I've done the averaging thing for this week. 1693 with too much fat. I don't foresee any restaurant meals this week so maybe I can do better than that.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #143  

Wow, I'm beat!

Ran my 5K... It was so exhilirating and when I crossed that finish line, it was quite emotional.

I did finish last, as I expected I would, but I came in eight minutes faster than I expected. This inspite of 30-degree temperature and a wind chill to make some of your body parts fall off, and NO WATER on the course. *gulp*

I clocked in at 42:17. And God bless that crew... they waited for me and they were happy for me and it didn't feel like I was burdening them.

So it was my first race and it came six weeks after stepping onto a treadmill for the first time, and eleven days after giving up smoking.

Searching for a race in March.... and yes! I loved every minute of it! Almost as much as I love these statistics!!!

Smoke-free one week, three days, 21 hours, 23 minutes. 217 cigarettes not smoked, saving $65.35. Life saved: 18 hours, 5 minutes. And doing it cold turkey!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #144  

Oh... forgot... in all my excitement... calories for the day are 1114 with 30% coming from fat.

I'm beat... showering and then climbing into bed to watch mindless television.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

WTG Diva!!! I'm sure you won't be last in your next race!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

At least you finished and didn't give you. You are a winner! Congrats.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #147  

42 minutes was last place??? You must have competitive runners in your area. I finish around 45 and there's ALWAYS people behind me. Glad you had fun, though!

I put back on 2 lbs in my slacking these past couple weeks, so now that I'm feeling better I think I'm going to do a low-carb phase for 2 weeks along with my calorie counting, just to try to step it up a bit and get rid of those stupid extra 2.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #148  

SB,

We had 106 runners. They told me that in winter weather, only the die-hards come out. Bigger turnout in warmer weather and a wider range of finishing times.

Ali,

I may be last in my next race... it's in three weeks and I expect I can probably shave eight or nine seconds off each mile. But it will still be cold, and again, the die-hards will turn out.

Regardless of where I placed, I felt like such a champion!

Hey Rockin'Robin,

I want to see the pictures, too!

;-)

Here we go again... favorite part of the post...

One week, four days, 27 minutes. 220 cigarettes not smoked, saving $66.11. Life saved: 18 hours, 20 minutes. And a 5K under my belt!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #149  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

CONGRATS DIVA!!! I am very proud of your accomplishment!!! It's something that I hope I can do maybe within the next year!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #150  

Petra,

There were Athena runners there (women who weigh over 150 pounds) and they kicked ***! I talked to one of them afterwards (she talked... I listened... I was out of breath) and she weighed 268 pounds when she started running. She now weighs 175 and has lost her weight over a 14-month period by COUNTING CALORIES AND RUNNING. Gotta love it!

Her time was 29:03.

Goes to show ya....

Nicotine free one week, four days, 2 hours, 20 minutes. 221 cigarettes not smoked, saving $66.58. Life saved: 18 hours, 25 minutes.
Closed Thread