Old 07-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #226  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Happy FRIDAY! I am so glad that it is finally here! YAY for sleeping in! Well, yesterday was my 11th day in a row of exercising at least 35 mins! It feels great! I hopped on the scale as a preview for Monday and I was at 294.8...YAY! Looks like I am on track for hitting my goal of 2 lbs a week.

I bought a bodybugg Wednesday evening and so far I have found it to be pretty right on. It amazes me how much this little thing can determine.

Congrats to Ortho for being TBL and Manick and Julia for hitting milestones! My goal is to hit my 10% by the end of this...6.8 lbs to go!

I hope that everyone has a GREAT and active weekend...

TTYL--
Misty

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 07-18-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:45 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hello!
Today I did Level 3 of 30 Day Shred for the first time,, It was really hard, but it went pretty well. Did some modified moves. I think I'll be able to handle it at the end of the 30 days.. I also jumped rope for 10 minutes, it's a really good cardio workout..
Have a nice evening!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #228  

Hi black Team;
Manick: Congrats on reaching wonderland, and Orthodiva on being the Biggest Loser fort his week.
It's been a long week, Vacation Bible School every evening this week plus work during the day so I've been really tired. Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in, or maybe not I have bunches of weeds to pull and other stuff to do. I'm not sure how things are looking for this week, I'm a little depressed and other pms symptoms so the weight might be a little high. I've finally heard from my Son in the Army this week, everything is going good. He starts training on Monday, but is't sure if he'll be able to pass thePT teas, he says he has to shave 2 minutes off of his 2 mile run. He's making lots of new friends.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll try to get on again this weekend.
Bette K
Old 07-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #229  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I have finished the 30 day of 30-Day Shred. So today, I did level 1 and level 2 with only one set of warm up and cool down. Altogether, it was about 49 minutes. A great workout.

Not much for Friday. I took my DD's baby clothes to Salvation Army. She helped to pack and I told her on the way that we were going to help others by donating her clothes. When we got there, she goes "I wanna walk momma, I don't want buggy." I said, "okay, you can walk." She then goes "I'm gonna go walk to help others." When we were leaving after donating the clothes, she got mad and kept saying "I wanna help others, I wanna help others." I told her that we did help people by donating her clothes. Then she got in a better mood.

I also taught her that it's important to save money... We stopped by my bank(which is right next to my apt complex and now she knows that's my bank) and deposited some money. When we were leaving, she wanted to go back to my bank. I told her that we did what we needed to do at the bank and told her that we put our money in the bank. She then goes "Momma, I put my money in my bank. And I don't go to take it out, momma." It was just soooo cute and still funny. I haven't made her CD or account yet in the bank, although I'm thinking about it. She is putting any changes she finds in her piggy bank and loves to shake it. I see teenagers signing up for credit cards at stores here and there...and I think it's very important to teach our children the value of money from when they are young...

Of course, I'm keep teaching her how important exercise is..

Well, I wanted to do some more workout before going to sleep so I better get going. I try to do more workout on weekends because I tend to be bad at eating on weekends. Will be back on tomorrow...
Old 07-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi! Not a whole lot time this morning to chat. But I do want to ask
Taragettingthin did you take measurements when you started 30DS? If so how many inches did you lose?

Well today is pamper me day, I am getting my hair highlighted this morning, then my friends are coming down meeting at my house and we are going to go get spa pedicures, and manicures or for some of us full nail sets ( that is one habit I just can't break, biting nails) and when I think about it is is gross but it doesn't deter me any

Well I suppose I should get going I want to get some exercise in today before I get to busy to do any.

Everyone have a great - SUPER day today!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #231  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Hmmmmmmm, what could *possibly* be the culprit? Could it be *HoRmOnEs* wreaking havoc? Fluid fluctuations!!!
I realized after I typed that, it probably is hormones, but it happens in the middle of my cycle, and I'm on hormonal BC, so I never really put 2 & 2 together!
Old 07-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #232  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

reda, I started it on June 10, and took measurements on June 12.. and skipped here and there. Well, I didn't follow Jillian's meal plan or anything like that so I didn't see the maximum result like the promised 20 lbs. But I lost 8.2 lbs since June 9, and as of today, I lost 6.25 inches. Mostly the only workout I did was the 30-Day for the month. I used to do TransFirmation 4-5 days out of week and lost anywhere from 4-8 inches in one month. 30-Day Shred is a lot shorter (28 minutes at lvl 3) but it seems like I got pretty much the same result... Now I got myself WATP so I will be mix and matching all those along with C25K.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #233  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Everyone's been talking about the 30-day shread...makes me wanna go out and give it a try. Maybe I will as a treat to myself...

Anyways I have been working too much and sleeping too little and as a result I have not been feeling my best today. I'm hoping catching up on sleep will help. I have my TBL workout tonight. I decided I'm still going to do it. I'll try it the best I can, but I'm not going to push myself too hard. We'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

I'm still in the challenge but I haven't had time to participate too much in the chat. I'm surprised to be TBL this week because I've been stuck in yoyo mode since early June and this is the second week since then that I have been able to be fully back on my plan.

I went away for the July 4th holiday to my bf's parent's home and had to spend 4 days with a house full of his relatives. I think his family raised my risk for heart disease with every successive meal I ate. His family places way too much emphasis on eating 3 square meals a day full of traditional, calorie-rich dishes. On top of that, no one wanted to go for a walk with me at night to burn some of the calories off - they just refuse to move! They freaked out repeatedly when I tried to practice portion control. For example, me taking 1 piece of fried bread while everyone else ate 3 got me an "OMG, you're going to go hungry! Why don't you eat?" To balance the cholesterol fest, I made a roasted corn salad and broiled marinated vegetables for one of the meals where we had a meat barbeque and everyone loved it. I felt a little better knowing I had helped everyone eat a little healthier for at least 1 meal.

Last edited by orthodiva; 07-19-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #235  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I haven't been very chatty this challenge, so I feel like a jerk asking for support, but I really need it.

My heart is breaking.

I cannot stop crying and I am surprised at just how hard this is for me.

I just sent my 15 year old daughter off to New York on an airplane for the first time by herself. I am a mess. This hurts so bad, it really took me by surprise.

I had some feelings of anxiety about it, normal worries (What if she sits next to a creep? What if she feels scared and no one is there to comfort her?) but I just can't believe how powerless and scared I feel.

She's been away to camp before, but never where she was further than an hour away, driving. She's been to this camp several times before, but I have always been with her. She's never flown alone. She's never been away from home for 2 weeks before, only 6 days. I trust the people she's going to be with (they are my colleagues) and know she'll have a blast. It's just the getting there and getting back home that concerns me so. I am not used to feeling so powerless and scared.

She's 15. When I was her age I was already supporting myself and living as an adult. She's very mature, it's not that I don't trust her, it's just so hard to know that I won't be there to comfort her, to make sure all is well. Is this what your child growing up feels like?

I feel so helpless and raw. This is so new to me.

Does anyone have anything to share, support or a similar experience?

I could use some of both.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #236  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Soul - never be afraid to ask for support. I know for myself I read your posts in other areas. And they support me in ways you dont even realize!

Love is a huge feeling. Tears are quite acceptable.

My 12 yr old son is currently streaching his indepence as well. Going to a school that is further from home and transport by public transport and well I dont fully trust him. I dont even want to think about the crazies out there. My way of coping is traditional chrisitan with prayer. Mixed in with some of the following

Maybe plan out check in times via phone, email, or text msg. You could send her flowers one day near the middle of her time away. Keep busy. Start a new book, go to the library. Visit a friend.

That is a big trip. But just think how much easier it will be when she heads off to college and you have already practiced the leaving part.

Hope this helps a little. If not then maybe a simple will.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Soul, I didn't get to log on yesterday but hopefully you have heard from your daughter and of course she made it safe and sound. It is very hard, my boys refuse to fly missed out on 2 great trips that our schools offer because they will not fly. My anxiety was more when we let them drive out of town for the first time without us. In SD you only have to be 14 to get drivers license and for some reason the kids always think they need to drive to the bigger city an hour away, I always lectured them first on speed limit, make sure you are watching others around you, there are alot of people out there that think they OWN the road.

Well I hope you are feeling better today
Old 07-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #238  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Soulbliss

I don't have children myself but let me offer another perspective. You are older, the mom and have lot's of "arrows in the back" and are therefore rightfully jaded and fearful of the world out there. Your 15 year old daughter however, is just starting to spread her wings and is probably thrilled with wonder at each new experience that presents herself to her.

While you sit at home fretting about who might be there to comfort her (a perfectly NORMAL reaction), you look at "the glass half empty" in other words you are thinking that something's going to happen to her and you won't be there for her. You say that your daughter is 15 and very mature. Although the world is a scary place, I think you have to trust that you did a good job of raising her to be cautious when necessary but to embrace life.

It's not like you're sending her off to vacation herself in the Big Apple - most likely people will be there to monitor and herd the group together - sort of like organized tour guides for adults. And most adults will be quite accomodating in assisting anyone who asks for help.

Because of today's lifestyles, I hear of more people who are putting their kids as young as 10 years old on planes across the country. I think it's something the airlines are used to.

So... instead of fretting and maybe making her nervous about this, give her some good advice and then look forward to sharing this great experience with her. She is transitioning into the phase where she is starting to experience things herself anyway.

I sure do hope my words came out right because sometimes it seems like the words don't come out conveying what you intended I'm just trying to remember how I felt taking those first steps to being a "grown up MOTHER".

In other things, I'm sorry I have been much more of a lurker than a participant this challenge. Some things have happened in my life - and a few have caused me to go on some medications right now. There are side effects and interactions to be dealt with, many of which playing havoc with the diet and exercise. I haven't been able to give it my all so I haven't been able to get much into the challenge this time. I'm sort of participating from the sidelines and have enjoyed trying to keep up with the threads. GO BLACK!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #239  
Freedom in living

heeheehee i did 100 crunches for the first time today! Yay me!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:40 AM   #240  
Freedom in living

GOOD MORNING

WOW its quiet here!