Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #91  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Reda, well I went up to the next level when Level 1 started feeling getting easy on me. I didn't think of measuring, but I got measured at Curves on the 12th so I had something to compare with. I think it's always a good idea to measure so that you can actually see the result, not just feel like you are getting result. You know what I mean?

I just finished my C25K this morning. I decided to start from the Wk 1 because it's been FOREVER since I've done it... I thought I needed to up my cardio and since I'm already doing DVDs, C25K would be nice for some change. Hopefully it will go well. I can tell today's session went way better than my very first time. I wasn't so out of breath and it wasn't that difficult. I must be getting in better shape than then.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 07-09-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Beauty stuff:

I'm in love with Bio-Oil. (Walgreen's, $20) I've had a nasty, purple-red stretch mark on my upper abdomen since the birth of my last child 15 years ago. In 2 weeks, some of the mark is white and the rest is pale pink. I can't even believe it.

Also . . . my friends are all buying the Clarisonic . . . my sister LOVES it. Does anybody here have it??
Old 07-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #93  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

smurf: that's awesome! Being happy with yourself in a bathingsuit is such a milestone. Sometimes I feel like I will never be happy in a bathingsuit!

Tara: I love chili, I would make it a couple of times a month if my hubby could put up with it. But he's "chili'd out" so I had to sneak this batch in. I especially love it on a cold day. Yum! How cool about the jeans! Yay! That is so cute that your daughter was working out with you and then on her own.

To you gardeners: you make me so jealous!!! I want some homegrown tomatoes!!!

Manick: it sounds like you did great on vacation. I'm glad you liked San Diego...I really like it too.

Julz: Wow, what a cool thing to happen! I probably would have cried.

mugsy: what is Clarisonic?

To everyone else: Happy Weds! I hope you are having a great day. Mine isn't going so well but I am trying to stay positive. Once you fall off track, it's hard to get back on. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by it that I feel like giving up.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Clarisonic is an ultra-sonic face cleaner that is supposed to exfoliate, and minimize the size of your pores, plus help you look younger. It's around $200, but I found it on eBay for around $150. Oprah Winfrey had it on her "must have" list at Christmas.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi Teamies!

Well, today was the first time since 2003 that my scale said:

139.6!!!

Holy crap, I have wanted to see that "3" for so long, and really believed i wouldn't.

I know it probably isn't a "true" weight, as I am on vacation and don't eat or drink alot for some reason, so I was probably dehydrated. BUT, I still got to see it and believe I can really get there now.

bbl!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hello Team!
I've been off plan those last days.. Can't exercise yet because of my toe,, but soon it's almost good..

As you now, I'm in Dominican Republic.. I work a lot with helping poor people with different stuff.. We have a school for children that can't afford to go,, and so on.
Some years ago I met a little boy, he is 10 now.. He has a sickness the doctors can't do anything about.. He has some kind of bacterie/infection in his lungs,, so less than a half lung works.. They can only help him by getting him some extra oxygen and stuff like that..
3 years ago the doctors said that he could only live for max 1 more year.. He is still alive,, bur really bad.. The hospitals here are not like at home really.. So they send him home sometimes,, His mother is very poor, they have a small "house", no good place for him to stay at,, So this week he's been staying at my house, at least we have water and electric current all the day.. Not everyone have it here.. So because of that I haven't been thinking of my diet/exercise those days,, to busy to taking care of him.. Last night he went very ill, He's heart was beating fast, so fast that I couldn't even count the beats.. So now he's back to the hospital,, again.. Poor little kid, He was
crying for hours when the doctors told him that he needed to stay at the hospital

I thank God every day for letting my whole family being healty!

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, will try to start again with my diet.. I have to focus, will also try to do some exercise then.

Good evening everyone!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #97  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Theresia to you! Sounds like you have been a bright spot in this little boy's life! Health is really so very important!

BBL...busy day, but just read everything.

I, too cannot wait to see if I love Shred! Ticked that I have to work and all...
Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Yeah I just signed up for the 3FC --5K challenge in Aug. I need it.

Theresia that is such an awesome thing you are doing for the boy there are alot of people out there that wouldn't be as thoughtful as you are being. You deserve . I hope everything goes ok with him my prayers are with him and you.

Manick have you been able to do the Shred at all yet? I did my 2nd day today and it was alittle better than it was on Monday but let me tell you I was still so sore today but I thought no day off today put the DVD in and sweated like crazy.....

ceegee that is awesome the 130's you have got to just be feeling

Troo & Tara -I to love chili but I use turkey and no beans I like beanless chili so when I make chili I have to make 2 pots one with beans for the youngest son and DH and one without beans for oldest son and me. Chili sure is sounding good I may have to make some tomorrow but it is really hot and humid here right now so I may have to rethink.

ggmugsy do you think bio-oil will work on stretch marks from giving birth?
I do have a question bought the flat-outs at walmart today so that I can make pizza but do you bake the flatout first before topping or top and bake it all at once?

Bettek I am also in on the 30 minute walk as I am getting ready to leave right now when I get done here. Did you get yours in at 5 today?

I will log back on later this evening...
Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #99  
Mind over platter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
I just finished my C25K this morning. I decided to start from the Wk 1 because it's been FOREVER since I've done it... I thought I needed to up my cardio and since I'm already doing DVDs, C25K would be nice for some change. Hopefully it will go well. I can tell today's session went way better than my very first time. I wasn't so out of breath and it wasn't that difficult. I must be getting in better shape than then.
Tara you are totally inspiring me! Keep it up teamie! WTG on feeling more in shape!

Your plan is my plan exactly, both because I MUST get these pounds "off me, and my doctor informed me today my lung capacity has decreased about 30 % over the last year (this is due to allergies...living with a dog mostly). Running/hard cardio is one way I KNOW works to increase my lung capacity and heat things up in there which I believe helps my allergies...as the dog is not going anywhere and my house is already practically sterile...what else can I do? I run hepa filters the bedroom, my office and livingroom, have hardwood floors, no curtains, vacuum daily and mop 2x a week. I HATE that I am allergic to animals but there it is. So, I must get the weight off and increase my lung function, simple as that! Lung function affects one's energy levels (tiredness), heart health, hormone levels...all sorts of stuff I've been reading about today.

In 2002 I lived pet free, exercised 1 to 1.5 hours 5-6 days a week and went from 215 to 142 in 11 months. I have that history under my belt. I grieve the fact that I let myself get unfit and very fat again...I have agonized over this for the last 2 years while I've carried this fat around on my body again....but the only choice I have now is to move forward.

I do know that the only way to get it off of me is to sweat it off and eat less. Today when I left the doctor's office I felt so discouraged I cried all the way to work. Crying no more. Time for organized, deliberate, ACTION.

And by the way we only have 4.5 weeks left of this challenge and I'm still sitting at a measly 6 pounds lost. Time for me to step it up. All comments/behind kicking welcome. I'm just putting it out there while my resolve is strong.

Ceegee awesome news on reaching the 130's!!!

Julz thrilling about the dress, that DOES make you feel like something is happening!

Mugsy Delighted that you are going to 5K with us! It will be great! Nope, never heard of the clarisonic...interesting.

Misty happy gymming...I can relate on the calorie levels, it IS hard! Keep it up, you'll get there!

Troo make good choices tonight...all is not lost, and tomorrow is a new day! And you, lucky girl, can buy cheap tomatoes there I'd think....aren't there farmer's markets? Or how about an upsidedown container tomato? I did that in my last condo on the porch, it worked great. Check out the pictures of the other methods...it looks so cool I might do it again! We have 5 in the ground kind currently tho, so that should do it for this summer.

Everyone else...the whole 5K thing...you can do it in any fashion you want, your bike, treadmill, other machine, walk, run, jog, hike, swim....whatever. It is mainly to encourage and inspire each other on 3FC to keep making fitness strides. You just try to complete 3.1 miles on August 1, 2 or 3, or break it up over the days or whatever works for you and then post about when you did it and what you did. Hope more of my Black Team will give it a try!

OK, finally this, and then I will stop...the pounds I have lost are noticeable, tho they have been excruciatingly slow in coming off, I found these similar pics...kind of a before and current...notice any changes?

Nov 2007, and June 2008 (DH thinks the November pic was just a bad angle...I disagree ) I can't wait to park that November "before" pic next to my "at goal" pic!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOV 18, 2007.jpg (36.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg June 29, 2008.JPG (49.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #100  
Mind over platter

YAY Reda....was posting my "book" while you were! Glad you are going to 5K too! Let's encourage each other!

I have not done the Shred yet, I am GOING to do it in the AM. Going to try to get out for a walk tonight after work, which will be about 9 PM or later.

I'll report back tomorrow!

I've never baked the Flat outs first, they are pretty thin, crisp up nicely for me. Have you tried chili in a crock pot? Good for hot-day cooking! It's 90-something here today
Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #101  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Manick I'll kick your butt and you can kick mine! I have been up and down the same 2 lbs for the past three weeks. An since the kids have been out of school there has been meal plans or "my" exercise. Lots of running around with kids. But not purposeful exercise. Tomorrow I willl get out the WATP and do it.

I am so please to see you all joining the 5ks. I have done them all with my family we have bike all but the last one we did a hike down and up a gorge. Stopped to play in the river at the bottom. It has really motivated me to find something more than board games, video games and movies to do as family time. This next one I will do 2 one with the family and a biking one for me. I want to time myself and get some good times in!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #102  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Ah. Today I missed my run. I guess I overestimated the powers of my body because I'm really hurting today. I took the day off, no biggie. I'd rather rest than push my body to injury. I'll just do some lifting tomorrow morning dependant on the state of my body and I'm back on track.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:10 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies!!!

Thank you thank you thank you for everyone who volunteered to keep up with the numbers while I'm gone. Manick will be the co-pilot around these here parts in my absense. I'll be leaving at 4 in the morning and will be gone until Sunday, July 20! (Although I'll regain computer access on Friday July 18). We've rented a Toyota Prius Hybrid for the trip. It's SO cool!!!!!! Plus, we'll average between 42-45 MPG. Can't beat that!

Anyway, I'm headed to bed. We head out EARLY!!!!!

Have a great week ladies!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 AM   #104  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Manick, Don't cry anymore. At least you didn't give up and you are in progress! We are here for you and let us know how 30-Day Shred went!

I'm picking up my DD from the day care and going straight to the grandparents' tomorrow. I will be getting some sun while she's taking a nap...and then go to work straight from there. So I may try to put in some workout before going to pick her up.. Or maybe I will workout there and see how long I can last on elliptical. They have this top of line elliptical.. I can tell I am stronger and more fit compared to the first time I tried it. so we will see... Maybe I will do 30-Day before going to pick her up and do some elliptical and then bake in the sun. lol. (sorry for the rambling... i like to plan and haven't decided what to do yet... :P)

By the way, does anyone have/know a good chili recipe? Healthier one, of course. I love beans in my chili, though... Thank you!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi Team!

I am off to visit my sis tomorrow for a few days...be back mid-week