Old 05-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #166  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I need some cheering up today!
I am happy you are on my team again!!

Why don't YOU take the girls to do something fun? It would be purely accidental, but you might have fun too. When was the last time you went somewhere touristy in town? What would you show me and my kids if we came to visit?

Don't eat.

Taco salad ALWAYS kills me, because it is not stuff we usually have. Sour cream or plain yogurt? Only for tacos. Cheddar cheese? No, I keep mozz stocked. Tortillas? Gave them up when I started getting serious about the grocery bill. I only want the high-fiber, whole wheat, very expensive tortillas, and I could not justify them. Taco salad is usually a $40 trip for me too. Taco pizza is even worse! (and yet, so worth it).

Why not have a smoothie and just relax? Add a little flaxseed oil for good measure. Those omega-3s are just what your brain wants anyway.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #167  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

There's a WORKOUT marathon on Bravo right now and all night until the new episode @10 pm EST.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Hello Blue Team! I'm just doing a quickie check in to say that I'm home from my vacation and I'll actually be around here now. I'm going to take a look through some of the more recent posts but you're all too chatty for me to catch up on 10 days worth of posts!

I had a fantastic vacation and I was sad to come home. Exercise and good food choices mostly went out the window (we ate Chicago deep dish one night!) but I didn't stress about things as I really needed to just have a good break from life. Starting tonight I'm back on track with my eating but I'm staying away from the scale until the weekend. I'm retaining so much water right now that I don't even look like I have ankle bones so my weight wouldn't be very accurate anyhow.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #169  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I know, I know..the numbers would be even higher if I hadn't turned things around when I did and started exercising and eating so much healthier. I'm down by about 15 pounds from my highest weight and 8 pounds since the start of this challenge. It's just frustrating, but I'll get over it I really need to get a firm grasp on this "patience" concept
That really sucks, especially when you have made such tangible changes. I hope you get a chance to show your MD the progress you have made and strike some kind of deal with the meds. Sending A1C vibes of less than 8.

Quote:
He does take some natural "treatments" - garlic & cinnamon and eats lots of soluble fiber foods. I hope you can have a good appointment tomorrow.

My brother was diagnosed this week and is freaking out. Dad is insulin-dependent. Here is the crazy thing....we all know we are at risk, and yet bro was guzzling Gator-ade like it was dish night at the movies. I don't know yet what his A1C was. He did a rapid decline as well, but he has lost weight in the past year. He is just VERY sedentary. My BL shirt last challenge was "Not to be diabetic". I am hoping they will just tell him to get off his butt and test again in three months.

As for the cinnamon....I put mine in my coffee filter before I add my coffee. You get the benefits without worrying about the toxicity issues.
http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/38428/

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archi...lood_sugar.php

Last edited by onthetee; 05-20-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #170  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I am happy you are on my team again!!
Aw, thanks! I'm BLUE to the bone and so happy to be back!

Quote:
Why don't YOU take the girls to do something fun? It would be purely accidental, but you might have fun too. When was the last time you went somewhere touristy in town? What would you show me and my kids if we came to visit?
Yeah, that's the attitude. It's been rainy all day today, but as I was reading your post I noticed that the sun has come out and there are blue skies. I need to get to the post office by 5:30 to mail some things I've been working on today, so I may just take them to the park for a bit. Then dinner gets pushed out late though...

Quote:
Don't eat.
I've done well, considering the urges that have been coming up! I did eat about 1/2 cup of almonds and 1/4 cup dried cranberries (I know, added sugar...)

Quote:
Taco salad ALWAYS kills me... Taco salad is usually a $40 trip for me too.
OK, good to know. We don't eat it very often, and will be less and less with these prices, but I had to buy chips, lettuce (since DH will not eat spinach like the girls and I), avocados, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, sour cream...basically everything but the Cheddar cheese and the ground turkey. There were a few extras also, but still I was expecting 20-25$!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #171  
One life, live it well

Quote:
As for the cinnamon....I put mine in my coffee filter before I add my coffee. You get the benefits without worrying about the toxicity issues.
http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/38428/

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archi...lood_sugar.php
Interesting. Too bad DH doesn't drink coffee. I may start doing this just for good measure. DH does make tea often - I'll have to tell him. He often adds a 1/2 tsp to his breakfast smoothie.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #172  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
We tied with the Red Team!
Close enough for a three-peat for me!
. . . .
We did not tie. We beat them. They lost .51083% and we lost .51224% We won fair and square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Great idea! My committment for today is 'NO ADDED SUGAR!'
My commitment for today is to not eat anything else tonight. I'm all out of calories. My commitment for tomorrow is at LEAST 5K. I will say I have tracked every SINGLE calorie since March 21st. Good, bad, and ugly.

Quote:
I ran (yes, RAN)
WhooHOOO!

Quote:
Happy today:

My dwarf lilac is blooming. All of the other lilacs in the area are long gone...but not mine! My little dwarf blooms late and smells lovely.

I have two little blossoms on my maters!
My kids have played beautifully all day.
Happy today:

I just noticed this afternoon that my lilac will actually have blooms this year. It'll be another week at least, two if the weather stays so crappy.

Got the cucumber plant moved and the peas split today. My lettuce unfortunately did not make it. I might toss some in the ground next week and try again.

The play date this afternoon went very well. Not a single skirmish and they were here for 5 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
Have you seen the flylady.com for housecleaning? Her method has help me keep up with 4 kids and working full time.
I agree with others. I did take a lot from her methods but I also left a lot behind.

Quote:
So, I go in tomorrow morning to talk to my doctor. I'm hoping hoping hoping that she'll give me some time to try to work on it myself without medication. I REALLY don't want to be on medication. I guess it depends, though, on the actual numbers. Right now, all I know is they are high, but not by how much. And in the car on my way home, I got in a fight with my sister on the phone about whether or not I would take medication. Then I came home and talked to Jeff, and he told me I had a ****ty attitude. I know he's right, and I knew it before he even said it, but all I really wanted was a hug, not to be yelled at, ya know?
Go tell Jeff that you need a hug. Sometimes I have to come right out and ask DH for one. Hope you can convince the doc to give you a few months to try on your own. I'm currently playing that game with my doc right now about my blood pressure. I check it at home and it is fine. I get to his office and it spikes. He really wanted me to come back in next month for another check but he made the mistake of writing my other prescription I needed for a year. He really shouldn't have done that, lol.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #173  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
I've done well, considering the urges that have been coming up! I did eat about 1/2 cup of almonds and 1/4 cup dried cranberries (I know, added sugar...)

Almonds are how I got fat after Meara was born. A week after her birth, I was down to only 6 pounds over her conception weight (her being in the NICU certainly got me slim in a hurry--I don't recommend it). Then I started a nightly ritual. After her evening nap, DH would put Will to bed, and I would rock my baby and eat a bowl of almonds. How bad could it be? I would throw in 1/8 cup of chocolate chips. I thought I was counting my WW points accurately, and I was dead-on for the morsels. I was off by six points, every night on the almonds. Plus, Meara did not nurse like Will did, so I did not need all of the nursing points. And suddenly, I was 15 over my pre-pregnancy weight.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #174  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Go tell Jeff that you need a hug. Sometimes I have to come right out and ask DH for one.

That is such good advice. I think the need to appear strong is what causes us to eat our feelings in the long run sometimes. Jill--It is more than OK to say, "H-E-double hockey sticks yes, I have an attitude. I am 25, obese and my labs are a screaming mess. I am scared, I am frustrated and I am wounded. I expect you to be a port in the storm, not an antagonist. If you can't help, then please give me my space to deal with my fears."

Then throw a pie at him.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Jill, I am having the same issues again after I slipped back in to the caffeine curse. Motrin wasn't even helping me this weekend, tho I would recommend it over tylenol for headaches. I had to eventually break down and have a glass of iced tea or 3 to get it to leave. That was about 48 hrs ago and I feel again another headache coming on. May have to have another glass tonite. But anyway, if you can show progress, I think your doc will give you 6 months to get it in gear, depending on how bad is bad. Like you said, you're young, and your body will respond. Just no more zebra cakes. We'll be waiting to hear your numbers tomorrow.

Anyone wanna talk kidney stones. I'm having my second battle in my entire life, first one was in a hotel in the middle of a 13 hour drive last TGiving. Not fun. At least I'm home this time and it's not as bad. Only really hurts when I use the bathroom. Had an u/s today which showed some swelling (normal with stones) and was sent for a c/t scan which we should have the results of tomorrow. Anyone else a sufferer? I know it's rare in women, but thought I would ask.

Last edited by sportmom; 05-20-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #176  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Almonds are how I got fat after Meara was born.
No joke! I often think about the line at the bottom of your siggy as I'm over-indulging in hummus, avocados, almonds... Anyways, regarding my binge, I assumed I'd eat much more than that amount (calorie-wise) if I dared to open the PB jar.

Took the girls outside on their bikes with me walking for about 15 minutes. Nice break. Came back inside, have made some fresh salsa for the taco salad. I dare not open the bag of chips yet, or I'll be in TROUBLE. It's really good salsa.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #177  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Anyone wanna talk kidney stones.
One of my best friends gets them a lot. Let me see what she can offer.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Anna, that would be great. So nice to know I'm not alone.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #179  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

HI ALL & CONGRATS!!!

ABOUT ME: Hi All, diet is bad and working out so-so...
Family is still in town, so haven't been fitness oriented lately, and haven't had time to check on with my blue chicks lately.
Good stuff happening at work for me today.
Have a great week all.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

I'm all excited. We booked a room up in the White Mountains in June. My DH and I haven't had a real vacation since our honeymoon. It isn't anything wicked romantic cause we're going to be bringing our 2 year old. It'll be his first real trip away. We figured since we wanted to bring him to 2 attractions up there we might as well stay overnight instead of drivng for 2 hours one way 4 times. Now though all I can think about is making a list of everything we can't forget so we don't forget anything. We have like 4 weeks to go but with a toddler there's stuff you just can't forget. We also inadvertantly scheduled the vacation during Laconia's Bike Week so its probably going to be really interesting. Ah well if I have to wear ear plugs I will. I have a hard time falling asleep when there's any sound I'm not used to or expecting.
Gotta go to bed.