Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #151  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
New topic: Anyone use/d Simple Abundance?
Are you talking about Sarah Ban Breathnach? If so, I find her a little to touchy feely for me.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #152  
Made of Starstuff

Tee - Thanks for the advice. I don't know any attorneys, but hey, that's still interesting to know!

Karen - Thank you! I guess I'll just have to get a feel for the people when I talk to them.

---

Way to go Blue Team !!! Three-peat
Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #153  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I just started reading it. Usually, I am not a fan of touchy feely, but so far, she is just talking about general housekeeping, about which I have a HORRIBLE attitude, so I could use some words of comfort and joy. I was more concerned that there would be a deep religious component, which so far there is not. It was enough to inspire me to get some crap done today.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

Have you seen the flylady.com for housecleaning? Her method has help me keep up with 4 kids and working full time.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #155  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I liked flylady for organization and hated her attitude. The idea that I was supposed to be doing all the work and that it was a blessing to my family made me want to hit her. I make the least mess, but have to clean the majority of it....I have every right to be pissed about that. She can try to polish that turd all she wants, it is not only unfair, it is sexist. I took away methods from her and gagged on the rest.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #156  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I need some cheering up today! I wish I could think of what I'm happy for today's off the top of my head, but I'm still flabbergasted that I just spent $40 at Safeway for almost nothing. Like stuff for taco salad tonight and a couple other things...WTF? I buy the same items over and over and I know that even the sale prices were WAY, WAY, WAY over what I paid for them last time. And I'm just in a icky funk. I don't feel this way often. Very on edge. I'm impatient with the girls. I want someone to come and take them away and do something fun with them. I feel like eating. Good thing I went to the gym when I did and put in a good 2 hours... And good thing that I understand that sometimes my feelings are liars and that I'll get through this day just like every other day before.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #157  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I need some cheering up today! I wish I could think of what I'm happy for today's off the top of my head
What about some "What you're happy for in your life" things?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #158  
One life, live it well

Quote:
She can try to polish that turd all she wants, it is not only unfair, it is sexist. I took away methods from her and gagged on the rest.
Ok, that made me giggle. I have to agree though. I have used some of her organization ideas. For years before we had kids all the housework was pretty 50/50 and then when I started staying home after Livi was born, I used her site to help to stay on top of it. Now that I work from home, we are back much back to pretty 50/50...well, maybe more like 30dh/70me. He irons, folds and puts away all the laundry, washes the floors, usually does the dinner dishes and most of the routine outdoor maintenance, not gardening though. I do the remainder. But not on any schedule - do it when it needs it sort of schedule... I have to lol when I just pulled out my excel spreadsheet from when I first started staying home and had everything so dang organized and sparkling!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #159  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
What about some "What you're happy for in your life" things?
Yeah, thanks! When I think of the big picture I'm feeling better. Definitely! Loads of good things and blessings. It's just a funky day!
And I don't mean to take someone else's place with drama here.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #160  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
... I feel like eating. Good thing I went to the gym when I did and put in a good 2 hours... And good thing that I understand that sometimes my feelings are liars and that I'll get through this day just like every other day before.
I'm right there down in the dumps with ya

I've been SO good with my eating and exercising for about a month now. When I had my blood srawn last week, I was actually excited because I just knew I would have good results. Wrong. I got a call today from my doctor to cancel my appointment for Tuesday because she really wants me to be seen THIS week. I called to change my appointment, and then called back to find out why Apparently, wonder of wonders, I have high fasting glucose, high A1C, and high triglycerides. Add to that my high blood pressure, and I'm just the poster child for obesity. I'm 25. I should not be having these issues.

I know, I know..the numbers would be even higher if I hadn't turned things around when I did and started exercising and eating so much healthier. I'm down by about 15 pounds from my highest weight and 8 pounds since the start of this challenge. It's just frustrating, but I'll get over it I really need to get a firm grasp on this "patience" concept

So, I go in tomorrow morning to talk to my doctor. I'm hoping hoping hoping that she'll give me some time to try to work on it myself without medication. I REALLY don't want to be on medication. I guess it depends, though, on the actual numbers. Right now, all I know is they are high, but not by how much. And in the car on my way home, I got in a fight with my sister on the phone about whether or not I would take medication. Then I came home and talked to Jeff, and he told me I had a ****ty attitude. I know he's right, and I knew it before he even said it, but all I really wanted was a hug, not to be yelled at, ya know?

Anyway, cry me a river, right? I'll stop my whining now. Does crying and clenching fists burn many extra calories?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #161  
Made of Starstuff

Jill - My mother went through a similar thing. (We really hate taking meds...) She spoke to her doctor and her doctor gave her 6 months to try to lower her numbers before she'd "force" her to take pills. In the end my mother didn't end up lowering the numbers enough to the doctor's satisfation... but, she still gave her the chance to change. I hope your doctor will give you at least a few months to see if it makes a difference for your numbers.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #162  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
I liked flylady for organization and hated her attitude. The idea that I was supposed to be doing all the work and that it was a blessing to my family made me want to hit her. I make the least mess, but have to clean the majority of it....I have every right to be pissed about that. She can try to polish that turd all she wants, it is not only unfair, it is sexist. I took away methods from her and gagged on the rest.
Bravo!

Honestly, I like her tips, but I live alone (well, except the dogs) so I guess I never even paid attention to her message. I fully agree with essentials of what you said. How we as a society housekeep has NOT kept up with the times. I think its disgraceful. Sure, not everyone cleans as well, but everyone should bloody well pitch in!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #163  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I really need to get a firm grasp on this "patience" concept
Well, when you get one, can you have it cloned and send one my way? Seriously, I feel your pain. So what if I've spent 20 years getting in this poor shape, now that I've made up my mind I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #164  
One life, live it well

Aw, Jill. I'm sorry you're having a rough day. I completely understand not wanting to take meds out of the chute. Once you find out your numbers, you'll know better what your options are. Or do you know your numbers already? Nearly 10 years ago DH was diagnosed with DMII. 4 out of 9 of his siblings have it, and he had gained around 30 pounds in the couple years prior to being diagnoses. By the time we went to the docs he was literally peeing his pants and guzzling water at the same time, glucose of 600-ish and Hemoglobin A1C of over 10. So obviously he was put on meds STAT, but within 2 months he was titrated off of them and in the years since has controlled his disease with diet and exercise. (One thing we discovered with the dietitian after his diagnosis - who was completely shocked at how quickly his blood sugars dropped - was that he was consuming nearly 1000 calories a day in sugar-liquids a day! So once he quit that, the numbers dropped quickly.) Sooner or later he'll needs meds again - just the natural progression of the disease - but even with the TERRIBLE numbers he had it is possible to control the disease. He does take some natural "treatments" - garlic & cinnamon and eats lots of soluble fiber foods. I hope you can have a good appointment tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #165  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Lots of hugs to Jill and Nori, you guys are having a rough day!

Jill -- I hope your doctor listens to you when you tell her about how hard you've been working to improve your health, you're doing GREAT!

Nori -- I hate that funky funk, I hope it moves along qucikly and you wake up refreshed and feeling better tomorrow!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-20-2008 at 06:51 PM.