Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #121  
Made of Starstuff

Krjpy on the loss this week!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #122  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Way to go Kelly!!

Well, I'm back on plan and jumped on the scale this morning and I'm down a pound which I will take! I need to get my butt in gear for this exercise challenge too. I'm determined to get a badge this week. (I missed getting one last week)

COME ON BLUE TEAM WE CAN DO IT!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #123  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

You will not believe what my mom and I did. We're putting together my new shed, and it's under one of my dogwood trees. We go to slid the roof panels on, and it's too close to the tree. So today, after I work a 1/2 day, we have to figure out a way to move the shed over about 2 feet.

My eating has been horrible for the last two days. My mom and grandma decided we needed junk food, and I need to stop eating that crud. Luckily the exercise is handling most of the excess, but I don't want to start up again with the lousy eating habits.

QOTD: As you lose weight and you drop sizes...when you look in the mirror do you see someone smaller or do you still see yourself the way you were when started?

I have reverse anorexia, instead of being a thin person seeing a heavier person in the mirror, I'm a heavy chick who thinks the person in the mirror is much thinner than reality.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #124  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post

Call me silly, but I still find myself sucking in my stomach when I go places... like it makes me look any thinner...
I don't think you are the only one... I do it all the time! LIke it really makes much difference. But I would think you are working the muscles right?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #125  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

QOTD: As you lose weight and you drop sizes...when you look in the mirror do you see someone smaller or do you still see yourself the way you were when started?

I see that I am smaller, esp when I put on certain pieces of clothing, but I still think my perception of my size is skewed. You see when I first started to lose weight, I think I believed I was getting smaller faster that I really was. I look at pictures from Christmas and think "I know I lost more weight than that by then". I really have a hard time with ground truth about my size and what I look like. I think this is part of the reason I haven't said anything to my DH about not saying anything to me about losing weight. I really can't gauge the "real" truth about what I really look like.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #126  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I finally found SIGG bottle for the kids in styles they will use for reasonable, not financial sodomy shipping. Whew.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #127  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I finally found SIGG bottle for the kids in styles they will use for reasonable, not financial sodomy shipping. Whew.
*giggle*

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-20-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #128  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
I don't think you are the only one... I do it all the time! LIke it really makes much difference. But I would think you are working the muscles right?
LoL I suck in my stomach so much you would think I'd have abs of steel by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
In my mind I am thinner than I actually am, so when I try on clothes I usually get disappointed because I'm bigger than I think I am. When I look at myself in the mirror I usually see the big person, but still not the true size I am. I'm all messed up. That's why I'm taking progress pics, because the only way for me to truly see progress is to see pics of myself side by side. It's really helped me.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #129  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I've decided I'm going to make a daily commitment to myself to help keep me on plan each day.

Today my commitment is: Track every thing that goes into my mouth! (Even if its not on plan!)
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #130  
Michelle the Vegan

Hey Anna (or anyone with an opinion about this) -- what do you think of caffeine? I currently don't consume caffeine, I've never been a coffee drinker or a soda drinker. But all the research seems to be trending towards caffeine possibly providing some protection from Alzheimer's and dementia and possibly Parkinson's.

Alzheimer's and dementia is my biggest fear in life, so now I wonder if my husband is smarter for drinking 3 cups of caffeinated coffee a day!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #131  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Dee - that's rough about the shed. Sounds totally like something my Mom and I could manage to do together also. At least it's something physical that will have you burning calories!

Kelly - Congrats again on your huge weight loss. I get twinges of jealousy. But quickly remember that we all have our own road to go down.

Jill - sorry about your headache. Hope it gets better. I bet it is caffeine? Whenever I get zealous and try to cut it out of my diet, I get headaches. Sometimes a little piece of good dark chocolate help me. Key word being little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
As you lose weight and you drop sizes...when you look in the mirror do you see someone smaller or do you still see yourself the way you were when started?
In my minds eye I still see myself where I started. I can begin to see what the mirror is showing me, that my body is changing. Like this AM I really noticed a smoother side silhouette vs. rolls - I am gaining waist definition. People are telling me on a daily basis how amazed they are at how much weight I'm losing and honestly I haven't lost but 2 pounds in the last month. I'm at a plateau on the scale, but with my intense workouts and weight training I'm losing inches for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Yes it's raining here yet again! I can't stand it anymore!
It's raining here in Seattle again also. We had such lovely summer weather this weekend and then it's back to the typical spring weather.

Well, I need to get the girls dressed and hit the gym. Today is upper body weights and a good cardio session...

Last edited by Nori71; 05-20-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #132  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
lol!
where?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #133  
Michelle the Vegan

Congrats Kelly! Drat, I thought I had a shot at this week's winner but I'll be happy with second place to your phenomenal loss!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #134  
One life, live it well

Jo-like I mentioned above, I have tried to cut out/reduce caffeine from time to time. I don't fight coffee anymore. (Especially after the recent research...) For me, it is a simple pleasure of life to have a few cups of coffee per day. I have cut out diet sodas though. Couldn't bend the truth there that it was simply, downright bad for me. Plus I save a bundle of money by kicking that habit.

Last edited by Nori71; 05-20-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #135  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

We tied with the Red Team!

Close enough for a three-peat for me!

. . . .