Old 05-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #256  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
What was the dumbest thing I did?
Apparently, from current proof, living off my protein powder smoothie meal replacements for like 6 months, 2x/day with normal dinners. Not only did I eventually regain the weight +10, but now I'm giving birth to rocks as a reminder that my body either can't handle that much protein or can't handle it in that pure form.
I did a meal replacement plan once also and the results lasted a few years, but boy did I feel like crap! I hope you feel better soon and dont' have to struggle with these often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Anyway, my little one is asking to cuddle on the sofa for story time.....how can I refuse an offer like that!
AW! So much sweeter than any ice cream will be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
My sister thinks she is pregnant..
Is that a good thing? I've got 5 sisters (I'm the oldest) and at least one of them is usually pregnant. It's fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Amarie, thanks for posting this QOTD. It has really helped me to take a look at my progress and realize that I've not failed at this weight loss thing afterall!
Yeah it was a good QOTD. And don't ever think of yourself as a failure. Have you read Fae's (I think it's her's) siggy quote? It's really good - Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Well, I think I'm going to actually turn my computer off for the night...have a good night.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Bloosers,
Haven't been on here for a while. So many things going on. I got a job, lost a job, had my back go out and then sucked at food choices. So needless to say, really didn't have alot of time to come on here and post.

I would do personals, but it would take me forever! You people can chat away!!

I'll try and participate better in the coming weeks. Just know that I'm proud to be a member of the Blue Team, and we are soooooooo awesome!!!!

Debbie
Old 05-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

QOTD = What is the WORST thing you ever tried to lose weight? How is what you are doing now different and better for you?

I would starve all day and then eat a light dinner. I did this for quite a few months, and lost ALOT of weight because I was going to the gym for 2 hours a day. One hour on the treadmill, 30 mins. walking the track, and then 30 mins. weights....EVERYDAY!!

I guess I don't have to tell you I gained all the weight back plus more. It just doesn't pay to do it the quick way. It always comes back with a vengeance.

Debbie
Old 05-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Dea - Did you manage to ignore the ice cream? I'm totally that way with chocolate so I make an effort not to have any in our home. It can be so hard when someone else brings it in though!

Debbie Sounds like you've had a rough go! Hopefully this week will turn out better for you. I hate it when my back is out. I just end up being grouchy and making bad choices.

So I had a totally fantastic workout tonight. Did I mention that during my trip to Chicago I totally fell out of exercising? In 10 days I did only one 2K run (with two toddlers in a stroller though!) and I totally missed my 7k and 9k long runs. I tried not to stress about it too much since the runs got dropped due to how busy we were and how hardcore my toddler went into separation anxiety mode, but I did start to panic a bit when I got home last night about keeping up with my running clinic and my 1/2 marathon (which is less than 3 months away, yikes!).

Anyhow, I ran 5K tonight in 37 minutes and then for good measure I did another 2 miles on the elliptical. I feel more awake tonight than I have in weeks and the puffiness in my feet and hands has finally gone down. This being more aware of my body and what I'm doing to it is intense!

Off I go to see if I have enough energy left to scapbook. Goodnight everyone!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #260  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hello Winners and Losers!!! (Same/same for the Blue Team!!!)

Well I still haven't been able to get out to the garden, for two reasons, rain and dh still needs my help with the cabinets. Yesterday, we sanded and today we sanded and taped. DH goes to PTSD group tomorrow, so I might be able to dig, but weather may say otherwise. . . (sigh)

I, like Anna, also have a HORRIBLE attitude towards housework. Fortunately, dh takes responsibility for much of it, with the help of Jessie, my Down daughter. They are the gears in the machinery around here that make me feel like a queen. I worked night shift for 20 years, so the "system" is still in place. I do cooking (part) landscaping/gardening (an immense job here) nursing work, anything that requires the computer and occasionally crafts.

Like Angie, I get to feeling out of the loop because I'm not available for so much chatting, but I do try to keep up with enough to keep me informed.

As to the question of the day:
Worst, same as Rhonda - Dexatrim and Slimfast - buzz and starve.
Now, Fit Day journaling all that I eat, keeping fat to a minimum and fiber up and drinking more water.

Not doing as well this week. Had ham on Sunday (dh made dinner) and a cheeburger on Tuesday (dh again). Scale is up 2.5# but I am op now. Haven't started exercise yet either - off to the coast this weekend, so . . . another Monday plan.

Sorry Jill about your diagnosis, Karen have fun in the White Mountains and I'm jealous of your sunflowers dgrannie - One of the last things I have to plant - and those are just for fun - and the birds.

Bye for now. Blue Team Rocks !!!

Dora
Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #261  
Made of Starstuff

Hey look! New food pyramid!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...61#post2212561

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...id-handout.pdf

What do you guys think?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #262  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

David Cook Won!

I didn't get to see his final performance cause they ran past the time for the DVR so yea....

If it was the song contest song he sung the night prior, I'm glad I missed it... they are always so cheesy.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default managing food choices

I like the pyramid from Harvard. The one from 3 years ago had a step pyramid feel to it and wasn't as clear.

Idol chatter: had a meeting that went late re the Davids so haven't seen it either

looking forward to "So You Think You Can Dance!" Those participants are amazing.

]:cheer3:Blue Team is Fabulous! ]:cheer3:
:beach[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]:wouldn't it be amazing if the Blue team members who are participating in the exercise challenge got to Monaco this week? [/COLOR

Last edited by trailgroomer; 05-22-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #264  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

OK all,

I said I was going to take a Freebie this week since I was up .4 on my WI day, which was yesterday, but this morning, I showed a .2 lose, so I will post that piddly little lose to avoid using a Freebie Week, which I HATE to do.

BUT ... I am feeling a little guilty, since I feel like I cheated using an extra day, over course, this means I lose a day for next week's WI, so I guess that means I really need to get off my butt and work hard this week.

It appears I won't get a full workout in today until maybe later in the day. Hopefully tomorrow I will do better

Hope everyone is POP today and gets in more than 30 minutes of exercise.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #265  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning Ladies

Sorry haven't been around much. I've been busy lately both at home and work. I'm still trying to catch up with the thread here DH left for work travel last night He'll be back end of next week. Last 3 days just went by so fast it's unbelievable. I barely got a chance to sit with him and chill before his travel as it was shopping for this or that and getting ready for his travel.

I've made a list of things to do while hubby's gone and cooking is on top of the list and house chores last I usually cook bunch of stuff on the weekends and then portion it out and freeze. It makes my life so much easier during week nights. This being a long weekend is a bonus I'm going to my local asian market after work today to buy lots of veggies....

Anna and Dora, Housework is not something I like doing either. DH takes care of majority of the stuff and I'm thankful for it. We don't have kids yet but when we do I'll be training them well, just kidding! I do help hubby when something major needs done.

Jill, totally understand. We're here for you girl. And you're working so hard to get healthy. Keep it up!!! I'm actually overdue for my physical, blood work etc and I'm afraid to go see my doc. I haven't seen her in over a year for fear that my tests will show something horrible and maybe something that I'm not ready to accept yet. I know I've gained weight since the last time I saw her so things can't be looking that good for me

Nori, hope you're feeling better today.

Josephine, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
ANyone else feel out of the loop because this thread moves so fast? LOL I just dont have the time to go thru pages and pages. I think it is awesome that our team is so chatty though.
Yes I do too Hard to keep up with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Alright! Did any of you all get a Wii Fit? My DH got me one and I love it! It is so fun, and the yoga poses I have tried are actually tougher that I thought they would be. I really think it is going to help my posture and my back....
Kelly, I was going to ask you about the Wii Fit after I saw your exercise log I want to get it but I wasn't sure whether it was worth getting it or not. As usual with Wii products it's all sold out but I'll keep looking when they come back in stock. Let me know if you've tried other games on it like aerobics and strength training? Also do you have the board on a carpet or hard floor?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default what is your memorial day challenge

HI KRIPY

what is your memorial day challenge?

a loss is a loss - so yahoo to you!

I am hopeful that I will have dropped a full pound this week - it is looking likely and I have been waiting on this for 3 weeks!

tg
Old 05-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #267  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Hand him a bandanna to tie around his eyes and tell him to buck up buckaroo, that's all there is folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
OK all,

I said I was going to take a Freebie this week since I was up .4 on my WI day, which was yesterday, but this morning, I showed a .2 lose, so I will post that piddly little lose to avoid using a Freebie Week, which I HATE to do.
Your progress has been amazing! One day of wiggle room is nothing when you consider where you have been and where you are going.

Day two of getting up to exercise! It is going well. 26 more days, and I have a new habit!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #268  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! YEA for David Cook!!!!

I am feeling much better today, I have been in a bit of a 'funk' lately and I think I figured out why....between work stress and some things at home stirring up missing my dad (didn't realize that's what was happening until this morning..DUH!), I was just feeling blah....

I need to step up my exercise--I'm doing it, but need to be more intense w/ it, rather than just going through the motions. Eating is ok, could be better.

I have to get through some of the stacks of stuff on my desk...I'll try to pop back in later.

Hope everyone has a great, op day!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #269  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hello my babies, hello my hunnies, hello my blueser gals....

I just got back a little while ago from the pool and I had a pretty darn good training session. The pool was packed with a bunch of folks training for a local triathlon in early June (makes me wish I'd planned to do it). Everybody had to share a lane, but the gal I shared with was really nice and even though we were in the outer most lane (therefore lots of water chop) I got some good speed going. I have a 6 mile run planned for tonight so today I'll feel pretty darn happy with my training. Plus I biked to the rec pool to save gas and do my part for the planet. I <3 the planet.

In fact, I really need to like around for more of my errands instead of driving.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #270  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
Anyhow, I ran 5K tonight in 37 minutes and then for good measure I did another 2 miles on the elliptical.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! I'm sure you'll be plenty ready when that half mary rolls around!