Old 05-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #286  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Think of three things you love about yourself. How would you treat someone who possessed those qualities? Treat yourself that way starting at this moment.
So Anna, what are the 3 things you love about yourself?

Mine:
1. I love the color of my hair
2. I am very loyal
3. I love my brain
Old 05-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #287  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Think of three things you love about yourself. How would you treat someone who possessed those qualities? Treat yourself that way starting at this moment.
1. My thin ankles
2. My saggy breasts that fed my two babies (Shhh, they were saggy before kids but at least I have an excuse now)
3. My loyalty to friends

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 05-22-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #288  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Amarie View Post
QOTD: What is the WORST thing you ever tried to lose weight? How is what you are doing now different and better for you?
I did diet pills a long time ago that are of course bad for you now, plus I have tried every diet known to man and obviously only healthy eating and exercise is the only way that works long term. Now I am eating healthier and exercising so that I can change my lifestyle to a more healthier lifestyle.

Quote:
Think of three things you love about yourself.
1. I love my willingness to change.
2. I love how hard I have been working to become a healthier me.
3. I love my hair . . . it's the one thing I have really learned to love and appreciate.

So we are heading out of town this weekend to go camping from Friday to Monday. I'm really excited and looking forward to the break (Grandma and Grandpa are watching little man for hubby and I). I am a little nervous about the food aspect, but I have done everything in my power to make sure I'm set up for success and not failure. I have lots of fresh fruit and veggies and all the food we are bringing is all OP stuff so I'm confident that I can do well. I just have to make sure that I keep real good track of my points. I'm going to be doing tons of physical activity (but unfortunatly won't be home in time to add it to the exercise challenge this week . . . but I'm still making it to the beach not to worry) All in all I feel prepared!

I will try to catch up when I get back! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #289  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Lovely post Anna!

My three things:
1. Kindness to all living creatures.
2. Loyalty to family and friends.
3. Willingness to laugh.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #290  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
  • I'm a terrible liar.
  • I laugh easily and freely. Most of the time.
  • I am a great cuddler.
I guess I would enjoy being around this sort of a person - so I'm at work to disengage from all negative self-talk!

I hear you all on the "loyalty" quality - I'm that way also, almost to a fault - my peeps are my peeps!

Last edited by Nori71; 05-22-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:20 PM   #291  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, it is definitely getting a lot quieter around Bluesville. For me, I can only say that I'm struggling more than I have ever struggled since I began trying to lose this weight....almost 1 1/2 years ago. I had made a vow to myself that I would never quit...no matter how long it takes me to get to goal, I won't quit trying and I'll keep coming here to 3FC even if I'm feeling negative and don't have anything uplifting or positive to share. But, I've come so close to just quitting in this last two weeks. There is a big part of me that doesn't really know if I will ever get control over myself enough to lose this weight. In order to lose more than 100 pounds, a person has to change their whole relationship with food...forever!...and that whole concept scares the heck out of me! But, I'm also a stubborn bullheaded determined woman who hates to be told 'No' or 'You can't!' I look at all of the people who have done this and I keep telling myself "if they can do it, so can I." There is this constant battle going on in my head and, truthfully, I'm exhausted. I sometimes think it would be nice to just not worry about what I eat anymore, relax, and enjoy life. And, this is just what I have been doing for the last two weeks and I have gained back so much weight. Since I started this journey, I've never gained this much weight. I've, somehow, always managed to maintain within 2-3 pounds. Now that I've allowed myself to stray, it is so much more difficult to get back on track. It's like starting all over again and I keep thinking that I can start again tomorrow...only, tomorrow never comes. I don't know if its the hormones, I don't know if its unresolved issues with family....I just don't know.

Well, I sure did dump on everyone, huh? Thanks for listening. Anyone want to come to GA and give me a kick in the butt?

Quote:
Think of three things you love about yourself.
I'm finding this extremely difficult, but I'm gonna make myself do this!
1) I'm independent.
2) I'm intelligent.
3) I have a charitable heart and want to help people.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Nori, you deserve to get away without the kidlets!!

Dee, I was just checking out all your 5k's. That's awesome!!

chellez, congrats on the A!!

pintobean....ewwwwwwwwwww gross.

zinkemomx2, my Mom is 79, and she still gets out there and mows, weedeats, and cleans out weeds. We're a healthy stock of women!!

onthetee, thanks for that....and it's so true.
My three things,
1. My compassion for other people
2. My willingness to help others
3. How I feel when I stay OP and exercise

Jennifer, have fun camping!

This weekend looks like it might end up being nice and in the 70s so hopefully we will be out doing yard stuff which I just love.
I'm back on track as of today and did a 20 min walk outside which felt great! Baby steps once again.
Debbie
Old 05-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #293  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

My three things:
1) no one ever has to guess where they stand with me or what I think about something

2) I am a really good mom, who is becoming a great mom

3) I am a talented writer
Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #294  
One life, live it well

OMG - I'm making this Mughlai chicken recipe for dinner tonight and the marinade is OUT of this world...almonds, jalapeños, cilantro, ginger, garlic, cream, lemon...

Rhonda - Maybe your hormones are messing with you more than you think?Not trying to make excuses for you though. You are quite introspective and honest about your journey. I love you for that. I think you'll have another "Aha" moment real soon. I've had a few of them along the way. There are ebbs and flows. Especially when it takes a long time. I know that this is the slowest that I have ever lost weight. I'm averaging 6 pounds a month for the past 6 months. For me the journey has been different this time and not quite so "scale oriented" or focused on the tangible - but more about me and my thoughts about myself and of the future - to be healthy in my mind and body and to be around for my kids and their kids. This time around I've been toying with the concept of coming to peace with food. A take it or leave it sort of relationship. Where knowing that there are tortilla chips in the next room doesn't consume all my thoughts until I binge on them. Or chocolate chip cookies. I honestly don't know if it's possible. Sometimes I'm strong and sometimes I'm not, so I believe that I may be one who will always have food triggers that I just need to stay away from - much like an alcoholics life-long relationship to alcohol. For me it really comes down to doing what makes me HAPPY and peaceful inside. I like to go to bed at the end of the day and be happy. Sure, there is a short-term sense of happiness that comes to me when I give in to a binge or even just decide to relax for awhile - it does nothing but stings in the end. And wear us down. Life gets heavy without a hope. I hope you can dig in deep and get a hold on whatever it is you need to grasp so that you reach your goals. You're most certainly not a quitter!! You know what it's about! It's certainly not easy - but it's not easy to be fat either.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #295  
One life, live it well

If it was easy... Everyone would do it.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

I picked up a Wii Fit today at Kmart after work. I was thinking yesterday night I wanted one but was sure they'd be all sold out but they still had like 6. Did like 6 minutes before hubby was done with making dinner. He bought a new game for the PS3 so I'll be nice and let him have the tv if he wants it.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #297  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I don't think my grandma ever mowed the yard. Ever. She'd be the one making comments about how you were doing it all wrong, though. She had a smart mouth, my grandma did. Apparently it's genetic.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #298  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I don't think my grandma ever mowed the yard. Ever. She'd be the one making comments about how you were doing it all wrong, though. She had a smart mouth, my grandma did. Apparently it's genetic.

Our women would mow the yard into their 80s, if they could remember where the mower was.

My grandmother taught water aerobics until she was 78. She is 83 now, and the last 5 years have not been fun.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #299  
One life, live it well

Quote:
She is 83 now, and the last 5 years have not been fun.
Yeah, my paternal g'ma is 93 and it's not much fun for her anymore either. She's out lived 2 husbands, 1 child and if she didn't own rental properties, would have outlived her money long ago. She's still in her own home, but with full-time live in help. She's got a gorgeous Sunset Magazine yard in the foothills outside of LA (which we got married in) but she only gets outside about once a week nowadays. I'm not sure if she ever mowed her yard since she's had the same gardner for decades now - but her first hip replacement at age 78, was when she fell from a ladder while pruning her banana tree.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #300  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Our women would mow the yard into their 80s, if they could remember where the mower was.

My grandmother taught water aerobics until she was 78. She is 83 now, and the last 5 years have not been fun.
Is it horribly bad that I just had an image of grandma out mowing the lawn with a rope tied around her waist so she wouldn't get lost?

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 05-22-2008 at 07:23 PM.