Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #106  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, bluesers!

I started with a bit of a headache yesterday afternoon, and it got worse last night, so I napped on the coun until about 9 when I just crawled into bed. Usually, sleeping cures it, but I woke up with the headache again this morning It's so strong and widespread that it hurts to turn my head (I noticed this while driving to work and changing lanes). I finally broke down and took some Tylenol when I got to work, as I'm not a big fan of taking medicines, but I just knew I wouldn't be able to take it all day long. It's calmed down a little since I took the Tylenol, but it still hurts. I have a feeling it's going to make for a loooooong day at the office...

I'm guessing it's caffeine withdrawal. I never drink coffee or tea, so that's not the issue, but I just switched to caffeine free diet soda to get rid of the caffeine to try to help my blood pressure. Hopefully, this won't last all the way to the weekend.

Sorry I'm not more sheerful this morning

Last edited by jillybean720; 05-20-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:29 AM   #107  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
As you lose weight and you drop sizes...when you look in the mirror do you see someone smaller or do you still see yourself the way you were when started?
I definitely still see myself as I was for years.

Jill - I hope your headache goes away soon. I'm not a big medicine taker either. So I know it's a big deal when you take something!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #108  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning Everyone
Yes it's raining here yet again! I can't stand it anymore!

Just checking in to see how everyone's doing. Same old crap going on here. Been busy at work and home lately. DH is leaving for his 1 1/2 week work trip Wednesday

It seems I'm glued to my current weight for past almost 3 weeks now. I am getting frustrated and discouraged. I haven't gained but I haven't lost any weight either.

Lisa, glad to hear your BIL is recovering

Maria, Like Faerie said unfortunately we cannot pick our families and relatives. Just be thankful you're different from them

Fae, Yay to clothes fitting loose.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #109  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I'm guessing it's caffeine withdrawal.
Jill, I've had migraines for years and I can tell you that a caffeine withdrawal headache is equal in pain to my migraines. I've also had withdrawal headaches that lasted for 3-4 day. It's great that you're taking yourself off of the caffeine, but I really don't think that having a few swallows of a regular diet coke will hurt your efforts. You will be surprised at how just a tiny bit of caffeine will relieve your headache. After a day or so, you won't even need a few swallows and you'll be caffeine free.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #110  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Results are up!

While we kicked butt this week, we really need to focus for the week ahead (considering its Memorial Day Weekend for the American crew) and you know what that means! Lots of grills and baked beans (at least in the south ) and temptations galore.

Lets make sure we are working out nice and strong throughout the week, eating on plan and really getting back on track. This is really the kick off of summer and we need to start out on the right foot.

One other thing I need to mention for the American crew...

Don't wait until Memorial Day to weigh in!

I see it every time there's a challenge in the summer and I'm giving the heads up now. People usually forget to weigh in because they are out of town, or they use freebie weeks because they had to prepare food for that Monday and they indulged in a little (or a lot) of food the weekend prior to the "get together."

My suggestion is weigh in Thursday or Friday morning. If you've been working out and eating on plan all week, your number will definately be better than after you have to fight the bbq temptations.

Hope this helps! I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything, just explaining what I've seen be the big pitfall of the Blue Team weigh in for Memorial Day's of the past.

If it helps at all this weekend, pretend I'm standing over your shoulder cracking that whip.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #111  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I think I'm unusual on this. I've never "seen" myself as a really big gal. When I look in the mirror, I still see the slimmer me. Seeing myself in photographs, getting on the scales and taking my measurements are my reality checks.
ditto. except mine is actually a little more extreme.

For years (and even sometimes now) I could never admit that I was getting bigger. I had all kinds of weird theories like I was pregnant and didn't know it or something was going wrong in my body and making me this way.

I guess it was because I always thought that I was not eating enough: I was never eating breakfast in the morning, no snacks during the day, I'd have for lunch everyday and most of the times for dinner as well.

Now I eat breakfast every morning, snacks throughout the day and a healthy lunch and dinner.

Call me silly, but I still find myself sucking in my stomach when I go places... like it makes me look any thinner...
Old 05-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #112  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Jill, hope you feel better soon I'm not much of a pill popper either. I have to be really hurting to take one. Try drinking some water (like couple glasses full) sometimes it can help too depending on the type of headache.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #113  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
.....Call me silly, but I still find myself sucking in my stomach when I go places... like it makes me look any thinner...
I find myself doing the same thing too...and like you said it's silly cuz I know it's not making much of a difference. But I call it my ab exercise of the day

Last edited by pintobean; 05-20-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #114  
budding cinephile

Today is the day....

I'm finally going to set time aside and get to reading Bob's book. I've been putting it off and putting it off cause I wanted to get Dee's books back to her, but I got on the scale this morning and I'm still 204... which is unacceptable. So today is the day I'm taking charge and I'm going to read this book.

I feel really bad about starting the Bob's babes thread and deserting it. I'm hoping I can get over there and chat it up a bit too.

I got my Phi Theta Kappa graduation stuff in the mail yesterday. I'm so excited to finally be graduating! I ordered this cute shirt too... so I'm wearing that today with some *gasp* makeup!

I'm hoping my curtains from bed bath & beyond come tomorrow instead of today since its raining. Our porch isn't covered so I'm hoping they either put the box in a bag or just deliver them tomorrow. It's been almost 2 weeks and the lady said 6 days.

Other than that nothing much going on here but the
Old 05-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #115  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Maybe all you married people can help me with something I'm a little confused about. How does one go about picking a Justice to get married? I mean, I know where to find a list, but do I ask certain questions or like... meet them for coffee... or ... I have no clue!
An attorney can get a "judge pro tempore" order from a judge and can act as your officiant. I had one of my professors do it. So if you know an attorney that you already like, you could have that person do it. Once you choose someone just tell them what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I think I'm unusual on this. I've never "seen" myself as a really big gal. When I look in the mirror, I still see the slimmer me. Seeing myself in photographs, getting on the scales and taking my measurements are my reality checks.
Same here. I saw photos of our performance this weekend. I was standing in a weird position, and the photo was taken from the ground, looking up which makes hips look enormous. I had just posted a loss, then the photo came up and I got extremely discouraged.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #116  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I swear to goodness I always have some meeting or program on Tuesday mornings and I never get a chance to see all of the results until they have been up a couple of hours! No difference today. I won't back at my computer until near 3pm
Old 05-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #117  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Congratulations Kelly for the 6 lb weight loss.
And good job everyone on the team. Keep up the good work!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

As you lose weight and you drop sizes...when you look in the mirror do you see someone smaller or do you still see yourself the way you were when started?

I never saw myself as being extreme large but when I look at pictures I can really tell. Now that I have lost 25 pounds I don't see any difference and keep looking for that day when I look in the mirror and see a thinner girl. Guess I will have to take some picture and compare.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default fun words

love knowing new things too

I am wearing a green striped jumper today with long pants- it's 40 degrees this morning!

other than this things that brighten my day

new words!
remembering to eat more protein
planting sunflowers

Last edited by trailgroomer; 05-20-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgroomer View Post
love knowing new things too

I am wearing a green striped jumper today with long pants- it's 40 degrees this morning!

other than this things that brighten my day

new words!
remembering to eat more protein
planting sunflowers
I just saw your location - how on earth is it 40 degrees out that way? it's 52 in the farmington valley. I know that's like waaay all the way across the state, but what a difference!

good morning bluesers!
I'm still feeling really "blah" and wicked stressed out.. its a $$ thing (i need it, and I don't have it) It's causing some serious physical issues, but i'm going to see a dr next week (and how am i going to pay for THAT? *sigh*) and hopefully get some answers.. at least figure out if the physical is causing the mental or vice versa.