Old 05-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #226  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
I am off to research caring for a pregnant dog.
Actually, she already instinctively knows all she needs to know to birth her pups. The only thing you can do to help her is to provide healthy food and lots of water until she's ready. And, if possible, a quiet private place for her to go to birth...like an empty crate turned on its side, a corner of a shed or someplace like that. Keep in mind that the day before and the day of the birthing, she probably won't eat or drink anything. Actually, she might throw up what little she has in her stomach.

I hope you are able to find good homes for these little ones. I've always loved mutts the best of all dogs. The two litters we've had around here have been "accidents" because someone procrastinated taking them to the vet for the big surgery.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-21-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #227  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
First point, and not to be sexist, but you might want to find a chick doc. Second, my doc freaks out over my 5.2, which it has been FOR 10 YEARS. If it is not moving up, then who cares? It's the land of the sticks here. He's actually my gyno but diagnosed my thyroid last year. I used to only see him just the once a year for my annual pap but now I try to sneak my thyroid checks into the same visit. The one doc in town I do like never has openings unless you want to wait 3 months. Most of his advice gets picked through and I keep what I like. He's not a bad guy and does know his stuff but you are right, he's a guy and thinks like a guy.

Keep moving, friends! Your body is the home of your soul. What would god/the universe/your high being feed it?? (and in my case, how much?) My higher being is forcing me to eat carrots. For the first time in months they actually taste good. (I'm not even dipping them, they are plain.)
Quote:
Hi Blues. Rainy season has offically started. This is the coldest, wettest spring in years.

I don't know how I am going to find homes for the pups, no one wants street dog pups. I much prefer mutt dogs to anything resembling purebred.
I might have to start adding a dash of cinnamon to my coffee/cocoa mix in the morning instead of peppermint hard candy.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #228  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
OK, skinny girls whose bodies have not gotten the message! New day. new choices. New chances to take advantage of new opportunities!
Hear Hear! (or is that here here?!?) Either way, love the senitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
To all of you who were feeling down, I recommend going to find a swingset. I think it's just impossible to be unhappy if you're swinging on a swing looking up at the blue sky. Okay, that's kind of odd, but it works for me.
Have I mentioned y'all make me smile? I loved reading this!

Quote:
So it seems a dog has adopted me.
Awww... I am so glad you are going to help her out! Are there any local organizations that might be willing to sponsor spay/neuter for the pups? A lot of people are more willing to adopt mutts that are "fixed," and it helps reduce the future street-dog population. Hugs to your pup!

OK - not much goin here today. Anyone up for a QOTD? How about:

QOTD: What is the WORST thing you ever tried to lose weight? How is what you are doing now different and better for you?

Well, I guess that's 2 Qs, but still. The worst thing I ever did to try to lose weight was go on one of those liquid meal-replacement diets. It was even a really well-respected diet plan, but it just didn't work for me, I need to actually eat! Now I work with food, cooking my own as much as possible. I'm trying not to make food the enemy, and rather foster a newer, healthier relationship with it.

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 05-21-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Thanks for the advice Everyone!

Unfortunately I live in Costa Rica and here there is a different attitude to dogs than perhaps the UK or the US. Dogs are generally guard dogs not pets (because there isn’t house insurance to speak off). Small pups from a street dog are hard to find homes for, and you definitely wouldn’t ask anyone to pay! . There are many dogs that live in the streets that keep breeding. If someone wanted a small dog they could get one of the street. It is very sad, there are some lovely dogs living on the street who I would love to give a home to. My boyfriend has to keep me under control or I would have a house packed full of stray dogs and cats. There are no dog’s homes or shelters here. If I ever make lots of money I will open a dog center and start neutering programs to control the street dog population. These pups better be cute if I am going to try and find homes for them, but there were some ugly arse dogs following her all around town last month. I will guilt people into taking them!

Last edited by dubh; 05-21-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #230  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

ANyone else feel out of the loop because this thread moves so fast? LOL I just dont have the time to go thru pages and pages. I think it is awesome that our team is so chatty though.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #231  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
ANyone else feel out of the loop because this thread moves so fast? LOL I just dont have the time to go thru pages and pages. I think it is awesome that our team is so chatty though.
I'm sorry that you're feeling out of the loop. Can you just skim through and grab the main thoughts that have been running through our minds?

Yes, it is awesome that our team is chatty. We've had the most posts and have, technically, won 3 out of 3 weeks. Maybe there is a correlation between posting and losing? (For most of us...some of us still struggle with committment issues.)
Old 05-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #232  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:

Actually, on popcorn, they are not too bad.
Yeah, that's the only way I will eat it. One of my sisters sprinkles them on lots of things. But popcorn's as far as I go.

Quote:
QOTD: What is the WORST thing you ever tried to lose weight? How is what you are doing now different and better for you?
I probably have a tie for the 2 worst things I ever did.
  • ate these fiber pellet/food supplements for 3 days, instead of "food"
  • ate only brown rice for 3 days
I was homicidal by day 3 on both of these diets.
What I'm doing now is eating real food, food I like, and training myself on amounts. Controlling my environment to help me avoid binges. Enjoying lots of exercise. Trying lots of new recipes so it doesn't get boring. Allowing positive thoughts about my body and all the amazing things it does.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #233  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
some of us still struggle with committment issues.)
but we're working on that... right?

My salad before the potluck is yummy.... not excited about stopping and getting cupcakes before school....

Personally I want to tell them to shove it and I not bring anything
Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #234  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
Anyone else feel out of the loop because this thread moves so fast? LOL I just don't have the time to go thru pages and pages. I think it is awesome that our team is so chatty though.
It does move fast. I'm in the habit on leaving a window open and refreshing every so often and then catching up and sometimes posting each time I refresh!

Off to check out Mindless Eating at Amazon.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #235  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

mmmmm

Brown rice, cooked
Sauteed onion, garlic and diced bell pepper
Salt and pepper

Stir and eat.

mmmmmm
Old 05-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #236  
One life, live it well

Quote:
mmmmm

Brown rice, cooked
Sauteed onion, garlic and diced bell pepper
Salt and pepper

Stir and eat.

mmmmmm
Yeah, that might not have been so bad! I think we did use salt and pepper - but the rice was just cooked in water and not broth. We (this was when I lived in Denmark and did this with a friend of mine there) broke this diet with some beer and sausage.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #237  

Height: 5'7"

jilly_ huby is on 1000mg of metphormin 2 times a day and yes he has horrible dihrea. I knew it started when he started taking it. I will be sure and mention it to his med dr.
I cried the day I found out that i have high blood pressure. Look at it this way....your already aware of what your doing and how to fix it. Good luck
debi
Old 05-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #238  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

I am so mad right now I could cry. I got Will a black out shade for his room. It was not expensive, but we are really trying to stick to a budget. He pulled it ALL THE WAY off the roll. Not just hyper-extended, but off the roll.

He can lay there with the light pouring in until 10 PM for all I care.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #239  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Jill--I am so sorry. Don't worry about crying, I've cried at appts more than once! Not proud of it, but it happens. You are trying really hard and then to get this news, totally expected. BUT, the good news is, you are doing very healthy things for yourself.

Confession time for me....I didn't go to the gym. Instead I came home and took my dogs (who I felt I have been neglecting lately) for a nice long walk. We had a great time. Tomorrow I will seriously try to peel myself out of bed to work out in the am!

Have a great night everyone!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Jill, I could be wrong, but I don't believe Motrin & advil are nsaid's. They are an older class of drug and were out before the alieve. I don't like alieve either, but M&A are ibuprofen which I don't believe is a nsaid. I'm sure Anna will straighten me out. I teared up yesterday in the urologist's office asking how I can live like this with the fear of more stones always lurking in my mind, afraid to go on vacation, etc. As the u/s tech said to me, when you feel bad, it's almost impossible to remember how feeeling good feels.

Anna, my 2 are completely the non-sleep cousins of your 2. Ic ould have written your 2 posts. For years, I laughed at the people who told me work out in the morning b4 the kids wake up. I was like, I ain't working out at flippin 4 am, bc my kids are awake by 6 on a good day, after possibly even getting up at nite. There is hope. For both at around 6.5,7, they began sleeping longer. My 8 yo now doesn't budge, and the 6.5 yo, mostly sleeps in til 6:30 or 7 now which is a big improvement over standard 5:30. I tell her now not to get out of bed b4 7 and it works bc she can read the time on the clock in her room. Then like you said, I also have bfast snacks of dry cereal in ziplock bags that if they do wake up before I'm done working out at 7, they can get themselves and munch on. I had the black out blinds as well - I had some forrest green pleated shades that had metal light blocking material in the middle in a effort to block as much light as possible. I picked their bedrooms by putting them on the side of the house that DIDN'T get morning sunrises. It was bad, I feel for ya. It does get better. As they say, the days are long, the years go fast. Getting them into school helped as well - those long days away from home help with sleeping well, in case you need a reason to consider that for next year.

What was the dumbest thing I did?

Apparently, from current proof, living off my protein powder smoothie meal replacements for like 6 months, 2x/day with normal dinners. Not only did I eventually regain the weight +10, but now I'm giving birth to rocks as a reminder that my body either can't handle that much protein or can't handle it in that pure form.

So Anna, how do we feel about dental x-rays? I try to only get them every 18 mos - 2 years which is bucking a big trend. I feel xrayed out - had a mammogram on Saturday, an u/s and ct scan yesterday, and dental xrays today. Enough already. I should be done for another 2 years though now.

Last edited by sportmom; 05-21-2008 at 06:17 PM.