Old 05-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #196  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning ladies! I'm totally stressing this morning and I'm going to have to try REALLY hard not to start the day with emotional eating. I just got notice from PayPal on my eBay claim that I have to send the counterfeit item to them (PayPal) in order for them to process my refund. ($200!) Well, I mailed the physical item to Adobe in order to get the proof that it was indeed counterfeit - another PayPal requirement. I really want to scream! I knew they'd find some loophole to get out of refunding me and it just makes me sick to be victimized first by the seller and now by PayPal. I do have photos of the item that I took prior to mailing it to Adobe, but I doubt they will accept that. This just makes me s*ck and it totally stresses me out. Grrr....

Sorry to dump on you guys, I'm just REALLY trying not to head to the snack machine right now... because that is really what I want to do...

Last edited by tinabinab; 05-21-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabinab View Post
Morning ladies! I'm totally stressing this morning and I'm going to have to try REALLY hard not to start the day with emotional eating. I just got notice from PayPal on my eBay claim that I have to send the counterfeit item to them (PayPal) in order for them to process my refund. ($200!) Well, I mailed the physical item to Adobe in order to get the proof that it was indeed counterfeit - another PayPal requirement. I really want to scream! I knew they'd find some loophole to get out of refunding me and it just makes me sick to be victimized first by the seller and now by PayPal. I do have photos of the item that I took prior to mailing it to Adobe, but I doubt they will accept that. This just s*cks and it totally stresses me out. Grrr....

Sorry to dump on your guys, I'm just REALLY trying not to head to the snack machine right now... because that is really what I want to do...
vent all you need to!! step away from the snack machine! paypal is EVIL!!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #198  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Go David Cook!
Glad I'm not the only one rooting for the David thats hit puberty!

Well I just woke up from my hour & a half nap at 10 am ( thankfully we are slow and the boss is out on a lane closure!) and I just finished my bagel that had like a million poppyseeds on it so I'm sure I'd fail a drug test I don't know what made me so sleepy this morning. I finished playing WoW at 10:30 and went straight to bed, got up at 6:55 and had breakfast. Lack of coffee maybe? I doubt it...

Since its another slow day at work I'm going to be working on my Bob questions... I got Chapter 1 Questions 1 & 2 done.... the rest of them are a bit tougher to answer.

I have a test to make up tonight in Business Law along with a potluck of chinese food to battle. I packed a huge red & green salad (tomatoes, red pepper cucumber, spinach) so I'm going to eat that right before I leave for class so I'm in no way shape or form hungry when I get there.

Daniel went to the doctor this morning because he was having ear problems. He thought they were clogged again, but it turns out he has fluid in his inner ear... translation... the doctor thinks he's experiencing hearing loss. At 27.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #199  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Just stopping by to say HI. I picked up weight again and don't understand it. I'm not eating unhealthily and I am working out. I don't drink soda, only water. I just don't get it.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #200  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I worked my arms/shoulders last night at the gym (chased the muscle guys outta there again!) and I am sore, but that 'good' sore! I want to get back into doing some cardio in the am, but I just can't drag myself out of bed. Tonight is legs/back and cardio at the gym.

Jill--How are you doing today? I hope your dr is willing to work w/ you too!

Nori--How are you doing today?

tinabinab----Vent all you need. Stay away from the snack machine!!!

Chellez and Rhonda--add me to the cheering section for David Cook!!!!

chellez--Hope you are feeling better. Good luck tonight...I know you'll ace the test and not look twice at the chinese food!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #201  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

MORNING!

I woke up feeling great and actually "felt" smaller - but, alas, that scale only reads .2 pound less than Monday. Getting closer each day to actually losing a whole pound this month!!

I'm enjoying my cinnamon coffee this morning. It's good. How much do you put in , Anna? In that article it said 1 tsp for a whole pot, so I did .5 tsp for 6 cups.

Well, I gotta get right on some bookkeeping while the girls are sleeping...
Old 05-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #202  
One life, live it well

We watched AI off and on last night also. I like David Cook's style better (meaning I would probably download some of his stuff), but I have to say David A. was shining last night.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #203  
One life, live it well

Tawnya - are you counting calories? I've heard that most people under-average their caloric intake unless they are actually journaling it. By as much as 40%!! Which reminds me that I never did track yesterday... You did just recently start working out regularly though, right? I've also heard that adding physical activity can up your weight for a short period. Hang in there! What's our alternative, actually? To throw in the towel and get into bad habits again! Not happening!

Last edited by Nori71; 05-21-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #204  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

My daily commitment to myself today is : Do not indulge in worthless temptations
Old 05-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #205  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Morning all!
The scale is back to smiling again. Another virgin postpartum number. I had a small binge last night but I did track every single calorie and am back on track. Looking back I think I was just thirsty. I don't remember drinking that much yesterday. I do need to start tracking the amount of water I am drinking. Usually I just keep my glass beside me all day long. I keep thinking about Chelle's whip cracking over my shoulder. I still need to get my exercise in for today. I've got over 500 more minutes to get done to meet this months goal. I can do it.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #206  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I got my blood work numbers. They are BAD My fasting glucose was 214, and my A1C was 9.5 My total cholesterol was 163, so that's good, but my triglycerides were 165 (they want it below 150). My uric acid was also slightly high (9.0, normal range max is 7.0), but she didn't seem to concerned with that.

And so, as soon as I get my glucose monitor (they didn't have any more at the office to give me), I will be checking my sugar twice a day. I will also be taking 500mg of Metformin twice a day. I go back in a month to check in with my doc again.

Oh, and my blood pressure was 140/88, so my bottom number has gone down (hurray!!), and we figured my top number was elevated today likely due to stress (ya think?! ).

My doctor mentioned lap band surgery. I told her I didn't want any kind of surgery. I also cried in the exam room. How did I let it get to this point?

No matter--can't do anything about the past now, but I can keep working to improve my future. New goal: to be OFF diabetes medication as soon as possible (even though I haven't actually started it yet ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Then throw a pie at him.
I will be sure to have some pies on hand just for such occasions (although, they will have to be flavors I don't like--maybe some old school shaving foam pies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Jill, I am having the same issues again after I slipped back in to the caffeine curse. Motrin wasn't even helping me this weekend, tho I would recommend it over tylenol for headaches.
Yeah, Tylenol really doesn't help much for most things for me, but I am allergic to all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which includes basically every OTC pain reliever besides Tylenol. The last time I took Aleve, I ended up in the ER with anaphylactic shock So, Tylenol it is! Luckily, the headache has dulled drastically, so I haven't had to take anything today
Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #207  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Hey team! This is the fourth time I've tried to post this morning. I'm only working mornings, so my "work day" is packed full and the rest of the days I'm spending with my Mom while she's in town. Yesterday we picked strawberries, 13 pounds of them. My Grandma is making freezer jam while I'm at work this morning. I'm not sure what the plan is for the rest of the day, maybe we'll get to the beach. Eating is still a little off, but not bad. My exercise is really good this week. I've already reached the beach, now I'm going for another cabana boy. I wrote out my beach boy "theme" for the next few weeks while I was covering the front desk the other day.

Anna - your post on housekeeping and the flylady was great! For years I've been ticked off about how I do all the housekeeping, then DH pointed out that if he does try to help, I push him out of the way and do it myself. Once he pointed it out I realized that he is right (about this issue, not in general ). I obviously have issues. I threatened to beat him to death with the vacuum the other day when he tried to tell me how to clean the ceiling fans.

To all of you who were feeling down, I recommend going to find a swingset. I think it's just impossible to be unhappy if you're swinging on a swing looking up at the blue sky. Okay, that's kind of odd, but it works for me.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #208  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Anna--I agree with the early morning exercise. I am up as early as 5 or 6am which gives me plenty of time to exercise, shower, etc. Lately I've just been lying there. This morning was a perfect example. Now I'm supposed to go home and do something we shall see. I will try to get up and at it again tomorrow morning.

I am doing well with my water intake. It has always been a huge struggle for me. I'm just loving my new water bottle. It's 32 oz and I've been drinking two to three bottles a day.

Last edited by Shay; 05-21-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #209  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Jill - The good news is you know where you are at and can take steps to getting those numbers down. Weren't they also trying to rule out PCOS or was that someone else I'm thinking about?

What is your A1C supposed to be at? Mine has always been between 4.4-4.9 and my doc freaks about that. I though less than 7 was good. Doc also tried to convince me to only eat twice a day so lately I am not sure I trust his judgment.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #210  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Doc also tried to convince me to only eat twice a day so lately I am not sure I trust his judgment.
That is strange. Curious,, what was his justification for doing that?

Jill, I'm sorry you didn't hear better news. But, it's good that you do know whats going on with your body so you can do something about it. I see so many people bury their heads in the sand and refuse to go to the doctor for years...until something major happens to them.

Anna - Right now, I'm more concerned with making myself just get up and exercise. I'll worry about the time of day later. Personally, I've never been a morning person. My favorite time of day to work out is late afternoon. But, I think the most important thing is to just 'get er done' no matter when it might be.